PDA

View Full Version : No threads on our 2 commitments today? A 6?5? WR and LB...

RougeDawg
06-05-2019, 10:51 PM
Figured there would be some discussion since we got a commit from a tall WR. Never seen him play. Can he contribute early?

Todd4State
06-05-2019, 11:02 PM
It's in the recruiting thread.

I don't know if he can contribute early or not. But I think he is going to end up being a steal for us. If he redshirts for us and becomes a star for 2021-2022 than I am very happy with the pick-up. He just sounds really raw. But he also sounds a lot like the typical Mississippi HOF future NFL star. Came from a small high school in the middle of nowhere and now plays for a run oriented JUCO. But we'll see how he performs in a pass oriented offense at MSU. He also sounds like he is missing the prima donna WR gene that Stephen Guidry has.

msbulldog
06-06-2019, 06:14 AM
Somebody on 247 said he catches anything in his area code.

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2019, 06:23 AM
Hard to watch Ducking & not see a ton of Bear Wilson. Massive human at WR

https://247sports.com/Video/Caleb-Ducking-Holmes-CC-Spring-Practice-2019-Highlights-9263706/

Cooterpoot
06-06-2019, 07:50 AM
Ducking is 185lb soaking wet. He’s got zero proof he’s even a decent WR. He simply had a nice camp. I expect very little from him, but we’re going to take any tall, fast WR we can find. We recruit them like the Raiders draft them now. Still probably better than the past though.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-06-2019, 08:10 AM
It is probably on the RECRUITING BOARD...just a hunch, but in reality if it ain't a 4* nobody cares. So that means nobody will care a whole lot about this class.

msu15
06-06-2019, 08:16 AM
It is probably on the RECRUITING BOARD...just a hunch, but in reality if it ain't a 4* nobody cares. So that means nobody will care a whole lot about this class.

You mean the RECRUITING THREAD, take a L.

Covercorner2
06-06-2019, 08:31 AM

Brown will be a 4 star soon.

confucius say
06-06-2019, 09:47 AM
Yea but if a three star decommits, whew, 100 posts

deadheaddawg
06-06-2019, 09:58 AM
I for one like these threads. The Recruiting thread is massive and unless you read it constantly, you really cant follow it. Its a great thread for in depth discussion, but its not a good thread just to let us know the latest signees. Some of us do not follow recruiting closely enough to spend time digging through that thread. I really like being able to just check the tread topics daily and seeing our new signees. Thank you OP for starting this thread

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2019, 10:11 AM
Holmes will run a new offense this fall, their OC who ran the veer went to Southwest so we will probably get a better view of what he can do this season. However like Cooter said, you dont find 6'5 frames very often that arent very highly recruited

msbulldog
06-06-2019, 12:33 PM
I for one like these threads. The Recruiting thread is massive and unless you read it constantly, you really cant follow it. Its a great thread for in depth discussion, but its not a good thread just to let us know the latest signees. Some of us do not follow recruiting closely enough to spend time digging through that thread. I really like being able to just check the tread topics daily and seeing our new signees. Thank you OP for starting this thread

I check the recruiting thread daily, takes about 5 minutes, because usually there not that many new posts.