PDA

View Full Version : Good sign

CadaverDawg
06-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Most of you know I'm extremely superstitious. Well I just passed a Chiquita banana truck the week of Supers.....first I've passed since the Rally Banana situation. I'm going to take that as a good sign.

Any superstitions you guys will be involved in this week/weekend?

Dawg2003
06-05-2019, 01:37 PM
I watched the women's college World Series on Monday, and UCLA had bananas in the dugout like we had. Making phone calls and stuff like our guys last year. They won the World Series last night.

Dawgbite
06-05-2019, 01:49 PM
I wore my Rally Banana T shirt last friday to the game.

PKADogs55
06-05-2019, 01:56 PM
I will definitely be sporting the Grey-State Polo this weekend. Wore a Maroon Polo to Hoover for our games against Vandy, and the 2nd LSU game (decided to retire that one for the rest of the year). Switched to Grey for Regionals ... little bit better turn out!

DancingRabbit
06-05-2019, 02:14 PM
I had a weird twitter deal happening over the weekend. Type "Mississippi State" into the search box, and as normal it would bring up tweets with Mississippi State in bold. But then when it refreshed, it would change the search from "Mississippi State" to "NCAA". I get tons of tweets with "NCAA" in bold. Happened multiple times over 2-3 days. I had to change my search to "Mississippi State baseball".

Finally quit doing it Monday or Tuesday.

I took it as a good sign for Lemonis, or a bad sign for Ben.**

starkvegasdawg
06-05-2019, 03:34 PM
Most of you know I'm extremely superstitious. Well I just passed a Chiquita banana truck the week of Supers.....first I've passed since the Rally Banana situation. I'm going to take that as a good sign.

Was on the coast this weekend and passed the port where all the Dole bananas come into the country in Gulfport.

gravedigger
06-05-2019, 03:41 PM

Something about this year feels different from other years. I was very confident back in 85 and 89. The game of baseball taught me that it's just about who is hot at the right moment.

Make no mistake, there are few teams remaining that are incapable of winning it all. I watched Michigan and they are opportunistic. Vandy looks really solid. So does UCLA. Arkansas is a complete team too.

We may have to out slug some teams to win the big prize. Something we are very capable of doing.