PDA

View Full Version : Esmery Martinez

ZedFedder
06-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Women's basketball signee reportedly asking for a release. This is the girl from Hamilton Heights where Kamilla Cardoso is and where Ado and Bayron Matos (mens bball commit) are from.

Dawg2003
06-05-2019, 10:30 AM
I figured some of these kids wouldn't stick, but that was quick. That roster is mighty crowded, and not all of them can play. It would be tough for her to get minutes over Jackson and Cooks.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-05-2019, 10:49 AM
We opening up for bigger fish

Leeshouldveflanked
06-05-2019, 11:11 AM
^^^^This^^^^^

ZedFedder
06-05-2019, 11:43 AM
We opening up for bigger fish

Seems dirty to do to a kid who already signed and everything, unless we told her this was a possibility.

Dawg2003
06-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Seems dirty to do to a kid who already signed and everything, unless we told her this was a possibility.

Yeah, that's a pretty d*ck move at this point and time. Especially right before enrollment. Hopefully, that's not the case.

Homedawg
06-05-2019, 01:14 PM
Yeah, that's a pretty d*ck move at this point and time. Especially right before enrollment. Hopefully, that's not the case.

Let's know all the facts before everyone starts speculating and getting in an uproar.

ZedFedder
06-05-2019, 01:19 PM
That’s why I included the “unless she knew it was a possibility”.

Homedawg
06-05-2019, 01:39 PM
That’s why I included the “unless she knew it was a possibility”.

I know. But, some have trouble reading and next thing you know, it will be "common knowledge" that we cut this girl and she had no idea. And i have no idea of what happened either, just that she asked out.

Dawg2003
Let's know all the facts before everyone starts speculating and getting in an uproar.

That's why I said I hope it's not the case. Vic doesn't seem like the type who would do that to someone, so she hopefully left of her own accord.

Bdaski

Unless I read the OP wrong, it said she asked for the release. How does that make us look like a d*ck move? I don't understand some of the insinuations our fans throw out there without having facts. If you have facts please post them and I'll retract my post, if not, give the staff and program more credit.

Dawg2003
06-05-2019, 02:41 PM
Unless I read the OP wrong, it said she asked for the release. How does that make us look like a d*ck move? I don't understand some of the insinuations our fans throw out there without having facts. If you have facts please post them and I'll retract my post, if not, give the staff and program more credit.

It was another poster that said we are opening up to get bigger targets. I have never claimed to have any knowledge and made no insinuations. In fact, I specifically said I hope it wasn't true.

MCsMGs
06-05-2019, 03:59 PM

Amen!

R2Dawg
06-05-2019, 04:38 PM
I know. But, some have trouble reading and next thing you know, it will be "common knowledge" that we cut this girl and she had no idea. And i have no idea of what happened either, just that she asked out.

Sounds like things were not going like she would like (Vic expecting a lot probably) and he wants out (not a good fit). that is not bad for either party. Vic's own daughter wanted out. We have had others as well. Vic is a straight shooter and demands championship performance which is why he is the best. Nothing wrong here, just Vic being Vic and winning. Best to Esmery just like others that did the same.

yjnkdawg
06-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Sounds like things were not going like she would like (Vic expecting a lot probably) and he wants out (not a good fit). that is not bad for either party. Vic's own daughter wanted out. We have had others as well. Vic is a straight shooter and demands championship performance which is why he is the best. Nothing wrong here, just Vic being Vic and winning. Best to Esmery just like others that did the same.

Looks to me like "her" wanting out is accurate. I think this "bigger fish" thing is pure speculation. Vic has certain requirements and some may not like the competition, and can't deal with what he requires. I'm not saying that those are the reasons, but all things still show her as the one wanting out.

msbulldog
06-05-2019, 06:39 PM
Vic runs a tight ship and if you are a problem you go, yes he let a diva from the coast go a couple of years ago. We don't know what the case is with Esmery, it could be as simple as homesickness. It could also be as sinister as tampering by another coach. We do know that Vic is running the most successful athletic program we have ever had at MSU. I'll trust his judgement in this matter and I hope that everybody here will do the same! Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!

99jc
06-15-2019, 09:02 AM
Vic runs a tight ship and if you are a problem you go, yes he let a diva from the coast go a couple of years ago. We don't know what the case is with Esmery, it could be as simple as homesickness. It could also be as sinister as tampering by another coach. We do know that Vic is running the most successful athletic program we have ever had at MSU. I'll trust his judgement in this matter and I hope that everybody here will do the same! Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!

This what I'm hearing Since she was bumped to a 4 star. Tenn is the rumor.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-15-2019, 09:11 AM

I doubt that. She missed her entire Sr season because of a torn ACL.

starkvegasdawg
06-15-2019, 09:12 AM

If that's the case can't we block a transfer to a SEC school?

Dawgology
06-15-2019, 09:18 AM
She asked for the transfer. She is not being dropped. Seems other coaches have been in her ear.

Dawg2003
06-15-2019, 09:20 AM
I think the writing was on the wall when Sidney Cooks transferred in. There's only so much playing time to go around.

99jc
06-15-2019, 10:07 AM
I doubt that. She missed her entire Sr season because of a torn ACL.

this is from prospect nation june 6. she was bumped up and I know there was an article that said she was bumped to a 4 star. we really needed her to stay to help with Kamilla Cardosa and Treasure Hunt.

https://www.prospectsnation.com/player/esmery-martinez

Hambone
06-15-2019, 11:52 AM
We’re going on a Treasure Hunt? NICE!