PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead breaking down a play......

Coach007
06-05-2019, 12:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm7Re_wsyGs&t=489s

timotheus
06-05-2019, 07:01 AM
Laquan treadwell would be lost attempting to execute in this system.

Dawgology
06-05-2019, 07:46 AM

Is that the "go and get open" play?

Todd4State
06-05-2019, 07:55 AM

He would have to permanently be FS1 and just run the go/post every time. Assuming he knows how to run a post.

Maroonthirteen
06-05-2019, 09:15 AM
A live look Into the MSU QB meeting room...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/DqD0pMdvIYYEw/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cf7cd3b776f5943327afa4e&rid=giphy.gif

Lord McBuckethead
06-05-2019, 09:30 AM
That video is why I was initially so pumped about Moorhead. The concept is a series of easy reads once you know the system. Moorhead also has proven he could teach it to an offense in one year. Heres hoping our guys can get it in two.

Pinto
06-05-2019, 09:54 AM
I think Joe is playing chess and our players are still used to playing checkers. Guess we’ll find out this year if they can learn to play chess or we need a different game master.

This is another thing that feels like Croom. Yes the system works but why keep driving that square peg in a round hole if you don’t have a round peg yet? Fit your system to your players until you have players for your system.

thf24
06-05-2019, 10:07 AM
I think Joe is playing chess and our players are still used to playing checkers. Guess we?ll find out this year if they can learn to play chess or we need a different game master.

Maybe, but Mullen's system was/is no cake walk. Dak said once during his first NFL training camp that he was well prepared because Mullen's passing scheme was more or less the same as what he was doing for the Cowboys. I think it makes a huge difference when your vets and senior leaders have been in a system for a few years and can help teach versus everyone starting from square one.

Also, I wish we'd hold off on the Croom comparisons for the time being. I get it, except there's still the major difference that Moorhead's system has worked anywhere ever. Let's also keep in mind that Joe isn't the first hardheaded football coach. Anyone else remember Tyson Lee running up the middle against LSU in year 1 of that system?

Really Clark?
06-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Maybe, but Mullen's system was/is no cake walk. Dak said once during his first NFL training camp that he was well prepared because Mullen's passing scheme was more or less the same as what he was doing for the Cowboys. I think it makes a huge difference when your vets and senior leaders have been in a system for a few years and can help teach versus everyone starting from square one.

Also, I wish we'd hold off on the Croom comparisons for the time being. I get it, except there's still the major difference that Moorhead's system has worked anywhere ever. Let's also keep in mind that Joe isn't the first hardheaded football coach. Anyone else remember Tyson Lee running up the middle against LSU in year 1 of that system?

Mullen is as hard headed as the rest of them but what does Tyson not making the proper read on that play have to do with a hard head coach? He pitches the ball and Dixon scores, the play was there for the win

thf24
06-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Mullen is as hard headed as the rest of them but what does Tyson not making the proper read on that play have to do with a hard head coach? He pitches the ball and Dixon scores, the play was there for the win

If Fitz had made more right reads last year our offense would have looked a whole lot better and we might have won another game or two. Just putting a guy in the position to potentially have to do something he's not suited for is a square peg/round hole situation.

Coach007
06-05-2019, 10:34 AM
I think Joe is playing chess and our players are still used to playing checkers. Guess we’ll find out this year if they can learn to play chess or we need a different game master.

This is another thing that feels like Croom. Yes the system works but why keep driving that square peg in a round hole if you don’t have a round peg yet? Fit your system to your players until you have players for your system.

I think the transition was tough for certain players. I think those issues are solved if Stevens is the guy. I think KT understands it better now, but I think his accuracy is the issue.

Square peg.... My opinion is that you you alter your offense, then you don't attract the players need for your offense because.... it's not your offense being presented to the recruits. How can he sell MS ST showing video's of PSU? Walmart will not advertise for K-mart. At least he can set a QB down and say "right here, john didn't see this open guy because he read the DE wrong so we had a 3 yard run by John instead of a TD. Now with you having ran this system to a degree in HS, you are going to be ahead and can come in to compete immediately. "

Really Clark?
06-05-2019, 10:46 AM
If Fitz had made more right reads last year our offense would have looked a whole lot better and we might have won another game or two. Just putting a guy in the position to potentially have to do something he's not suited for is a square peg/round hole situation.

...You really think Fitz was not suited to running the option? What offense do you think he was more suited for? That’s the opposite of your example. And Tyson was more than capable to running the read option, did it before coming to State as well, he just made the wrong read.

Jack Lambert
06-05-2019, 10:49 AM

There was a reason why ole miss play book only had one passing play and it was called " Go down field and get Open and I will throw it up in the air and hope you out jump the other guy",

Beaver
06-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Thanks for posting. It's literally just taking what the defense gives you. It obviously can work. It doesn't necessarily require a highly intelligent QB, but the QB does have to be able to make many decisions very quickly on every play. Notice in that concept that the first read is always the deep ball. That's why we were promised a more explosive offense.

Now if anyone on the field is not confident in what their role is, the offense doesn't work. Like others have said, it all comes down to if Moorhead can get all of his players to understand what's going on. Not all geniuses are great educators. Moorhead has to become a great educator.

Lord McBuckethead
06-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Thanks for posting. It's literally just taking what the defense gives you. It obviously can work. It doesn't necessarily require a highly intelligent QB, but the QB does have to be able to make many decisions very quickly on every play. Notice in that concept that the first read is always the deep ball. That's why we were promised a more explosive offense.

Now if anyone on the field is not confident in what their role is, the offense doesn't work. Like others have said, it all comes down to if Moorhead can get all of his players to understand what's going on. Not all geniuses are great educators. Moorhead has to become a great educator.

Moorhead has been a great educator literally at every stop of his coaching career. The players needed time to adjust. The players like Fitz has spent years learning one methodology. Give them a damn break on midstop learning something new.

thf24
06-05-2019, 11:22 AM
...You really think Fitz was not suited to running the option? What offense do you think he was more suited for? That’s the opposite of your example. And Tyson was more than capable to running the read option, did it before coming to State as well, he just made the wrong read.

As of last year no, Fitz wasn't suited to make a read whether to run or pass then execute that potential pass consistently. And Tyson may have been fine at making the reads in the option but he had no business running the ball past the line of scrimmage in the SEC at his very generous listed size.

Coach007
06-05-2019, 11:32 AM
This play is sweet to watch...

Sorry, it's not starting at the right. Just fast forward to the 55 second mark

https://youtu.be/XW4gJNS5Sok?t=57

trojandawg
06-05-2019, 05:45 PM

it's a cool system and seems like it works with the right people and against the right defenses. I'm just still not convinced we will always recruit the right players to run this system. You got to have a lot of guys that can think at a high level all over the field on offense. Seems like simplified offenses work a lot better in college especially in the south. There is a lot of decision making to be made very quickly. I think against SEC speed at all positions makes this offense harder to run. it means you have even less time to make the decisions. We saw this against the better defenses where they made our life miserable. Kentucky was too fast on the line for us to make the correct reads. LSU had exceptional db's and good linebackers with quick speed. the closed a lot faster than most defenses so it made it very difficult to make the correct read fast enough. Same thing with Alabama. Florida gave us fits with blitzes and confused the decision making ability of the receivers, qb, and linemen to make the correct reads. Defenses that weren't as good in the secondary or on the dline we exploited such as TAMU. DEfenses that weren't good on the dline or secondary like Ole Miss and Arkansas, we also excelled in the running game and passing. We had plenty of time to make all reads. The key to beating the better defenses is to recruit the right guys in place to run the high decision speed offense with all of these reads or simply the offense and not give them the option to screw up the read. Let the coach call the play and the players execute the play with maybe one audible that the coach or qb can call.

It looks like Moorhead is trying to get those guys he think can make those quick decision reads and can hold out pass blocks longer to allow for more decision time. I'm just not sure we can always do that to run his style. I think that's also why it looked so discombobulated this past year. Players were overwhelmed with the complexity of the system. It's too bad he didn't simplify it or try something different outside of one game. like pinto said, he is playing chess. i just hope he can sustain it and i'm doubtful with our recruiting footprint. he's going to have to work his butt off every year to find his chess players from all over the country. i will at least give him that in that he has been trying this off season in the portal to get those chess players he wants.

RougeDawg
06-05-2019, 06:10 PM
I think Joe is playing chess and our players are still used to playing checkers. Guess we?ll find out this year if they can learn to play chess or we need a different game master.

This is another thing that feels like Croom. Yes the system works but why keep driving that square peg in a round hole if you don?t have a round peg yet? Fit your system to your players until you have players for your system.

2018 looked more like our guys were playing tic tac toe and joe was playing chess.

gravedigger
06-05-2019, 06:56 PM

He wasn?t hired to dumb down to fit our players. He was hired to implement his offense and whether our fans are patient enough to handle the amount of time it?s going to take is not a factor. Cohen knew this going in.

Get your system in place and recruit to it. Screw this romper room coaching to the lowest common denominator. No good leader does that. They demand the players rise.

It?s also time we fans realized that some 4 and 5 star players who can?t read and write just arent going to be worth the risk. For many reasons. MSU will succeed by finding kids who are talented and smart enough to absorb the system he coaches.

Mullen had to rely on Chris Relf for 2 seasons and then force Tyler Russell to run the football before he got his system qb in Dak and then Fitz. Real success takes time.

Goldendawg
06-05-2019, 07:05 PM
So all our O players make the correct reads based on their positions and the defense 3 or less seconds b4 the ball is snapped?*** Hope we improve on that aspect of the offense also, otherwise fast, big SEC defenses tee off with the short snap count.

Goldendawg
06-05-2019, 07:08 PM
He wasn?t hired to dumb down to fit our players. He was hired to implement his offense and whether our fans are patient enough to handle the amount of time it?s going to take is not a factor. Cohen knew this going in.

Get your system in place and recruit to it. Screw this romper room coaching to the lowest common denominator. No good leader does that. They demand the players rise.

It?s also time we fans realized that some 4 and 5 star players who can?t read and write just arent going to be worth the risk. For many reasons. MSU will succeed by finding kids who are talented and smart enough to absorb the system he coaches.

Mullen had to rely on Chris Relf for 2 seasons and then force Tyler Russell to run the football before he got his system qb in Dak and then Fitz. Real success takes time.

Not too many 4 or 5 star players looking at us or signing with us whether they meet your non-description of a "student athlete" or made a perfect score on their ACT. Just sayin. Time will tell. So now we have to find and sign players who are not only more talented than our opponents, but smarter too?****** Wow!

Coach007
06-05-2019, 07:54 PM
it's a cool system and seems like it works with the right people and against the right defenses. I'm just still not convinced we will always recruit the right players to run this system. You got to have a lot of guys that can think at a high level all over the field on offense. Seems like simplified offenses work a lot better in college especially in the south. There is a lot of decision making to be made very quickly. I think against SEC speed at all positions makes this offense harder to run. it means you have even less time to make the decisions. We saw this against the better defenses where they made our life miserable. Kentucky was too fast on the line for us to make the correct reads. LSU had exceptional db's and good linebackers with quick speed. the closed a lot faster than most defenses so it made it very difficult to make the correct read fast enough. Same thing with Alabama. Florida gave us fits with blitzes and confused the decision making ability of the receivers, qb, and linemen to make the correct reads. Defenses that weren't as good in the secondary or on the dline we exploited such as TAMU. DEfenses that weren't good on the dline or secondary like Ole Miss and Arkansas, we also excelled in the running game and passing. We had plenty of time to make all reads. The key to beating the better defenses is to recruit the right guys in place to run the high decision speed offense with all of these reads or simply the offense and not give them the option to screw up the read. Let the coach call the play and the players execute the play with maybe one audible that the coach or qb can call.

It looks like Moorhead is trying to get those guys he think can make those quick decision reads and can hold out pass blocks longer to allow for more decision time. I'm just not sure we can always do that to run his style. I think that's also why it looked so discombobulated this past year. Players were overwhelmed with the complexity of the system. It's too bad he didn't simplify it or try something different outside of one game. like pinto said, he is playing chess. i just hope he can sustain it and i'm doubtful with our recruiting footprint. he's going to have to work his butt off every year to find his chess players from all over the country. i will at least give him that in that he has been trying this off season in the portal to get those chess players he wants.

Are we saying Fordham players can comprehend it but MS St's are to dumb?

Goldendawg
06-05-2019, 07:57 PM

Also, Barkley at Penn State looked real smart also and in his 1st year in the NFL!** BTW, that would be "too" dumb, (MSU Class of '77). Hail State!

Coach34
06-05-2019, 08:24 PM
As of last year no, Fitz wasn't suited to make a read whether to run or pass then execute that potential pass consistently. And Tyson may have been fine at making the reads in the option but he had no business running the ball past the line of scrimmage in the SEC at his very generous listed size.

Do you guys even pay attention or watch football? Fitz was running RPO's playing for Mullen. Fita is good at RPO's.

JoeVester is not the only coach in the country that runs RPO's. JoeVester's RPO's just didnt work as well in the SEC and he didnt have any direct handoffs to the TB- which is insane. Holding the football longer for all these deep passes is the problem against SEC d-lines

Coach34
06-05-2019, 08:28 PM

Yes- 100%. Because Fordham football players don't play against SEC D-Lines where decision making is cut in half.

Goldendawg
06-05-2019, 08:52 PM
Yes- 100%. Because Fordham football players don't play against SEC D-Lines where decision making is cut in half.

One of my friend's sons (yes, from a small NE Ms HS) is on a full academic ride at Yale. I will see if he can get some of Yale's most talented and smart football players to transfer to State. Oh, never mind, probably real smart, but not SEC talented. I noticed in the first part of Jo's Fordham offensive play, that they turned loose the DE to make the reads. That didn't seem to work against Kentucky, did it?

RocketDawg
06-05-2019, 08:59 PM
]I think Joe is playing chess and our players are still used to playing checkers.[/B] Guess we?ll find out this year if they can learn to play chess or we need a different game master.

This is another thing that feels like Croom. Yes the system works but why keep driving that square peg in a round hole if you don?t have a round peg yet? Fit your system to your players until you have players for your system.

Maybe we need to recruit smarter players?

RougeDawg
06-05-2019, 10:48 PM

I?d say Mississippi high school football is behind the curve nationally with regard to sophisticated offensive schemes. It?s not that the players are not smart. Our nfl draft record disproves that hypothesis. Our guys have much more a learning curve on these multiple read offenses. Add in the fact that they had already learned a different, yet complicated Don offense and they started a new learning curve under Joe.

Mississippi HS has some spread offenses, but is mainly old school tough nosed football. We need that at MSU. Sissy spread football is whyA&M will never be a power in the SEC. Texas plays a sissified style of high school football.

ETA the sissified football in Texas HS is why the big12 games look like PlayStation games. No toughness and grit. Finesse and no defense.

Coach007
06-05-2019, 11:01 PM
Do you guys even pay attention or watch football? Fitz was running RPO's playing for Mullen. Fita is good at RPO's.

Yes. Some people actually pay attention. I would have thought you would have known the differences between the two styles and the reads required by Mullen vs Moorhead.

Fitz did not make good reads in Moorheads offense when it came to passing. Making the right read and throwing it with accuracy compounded the issue.

JoeVester is not the only coach in the country that runs RPO's.

That's right. And not all of them are the same. That's why coaches like Moorhead and Mullen excel.... because their systems are unique to them.

JoeVester's RPO's just didnt work as well in the SEC

BS the "SEC" had nothing to do with it.

Holding the football longer for all these deep passes is the problem against SEC d-lines

Maybe it's because you think you are the smartest coach to live, but I have never seen you NOT rip coaches to death. Maybe they are not the actual problem. Fitz held the ball too long sometimes because he failed to see the read. You should know that if the read allows for the deep pass then its there to take. What you are suggesting is that it's a drop back pass where he is waiting for a play to develop deep.

That's not the case, and I would have thought you would have known that.

Coach007
06-05-2019, 11:03 PM
I noticed in the first part of Jo's Fordham offensive play, that they turned loose the DE to make the reads. That didn't seem to work against Kentucky, did it?

Sweet jesus.....................

Coach007
06-05-2019, 11:05 PM
I?d say Mississippi high school football is behind the curve nationally with regard to sophisticated offensive schemes. It?s not that the players are not smart. Our nfl draft record disproves that hypothesis. Our guys have much more a learning curve on these multiple read offenses. Add in the fact that they had already learned a different, yet complicated Don offense and they started a new learning curve under Joe.

I wasn't suggesting that our players are dumb. It appeared to me that he was suggesting it.

Todd4State
06-05-2019, 11:12 PM
Maybe we need to recruit smarter players?

Here's my thing about that.

We're in the same state as Ole Miss and USM- two schools with a lot of Mississippians on them. Just like us.

However despite being told that we HAVE TO be smashmouth football and that our players just aren't smart/coached well enough/whatever the excuse is to run a sophisticated offense- both Ole Miss and USM have both consistently managed to run offenses where they throw the ball somewhat effectively. And both have had success doing it. Yes, I know Ole Miss has been running a high school offense. But it's still pass first. And USM runs an offense that I would guess is similar in complexity to what we run with less talented players and they make it work.

I think the root of our issue is we have always throughout my fan lifetime tried to focus on finding quarterbacks that were athletes first and tried to develop them into QB's. Whereas Ole Miss and USM find guys that can play QB. Had we taken Gardner Minchew out of high school, JUCO, or as a grad transfer what does our offense look like last year? It's hard for the rest of the players when the quarterback is struggling to make basic reads and throws. Like USM has Jack Abraham and while he is undersized he most of the time is able to make effective reads and throws. He's from Oxford. There are QB's out there in Mississippi- it's just that we've shunned them for the most part because "they don't fit what Mississippi State football does" and we've missed out on some good players and it has also probably held us back to a degree in the W/L column.

Goldendawg
06-05-2019, 11:19 PM
Time will tell. Won't know any of y'all, but will be there again in 2019. Hail State and 6-6 ( 4-0 OOC & 2-6 in SEC play), will never again satisfy me. We are now and should ever be better than that!

Maroonthirteen
06-06-2019, 09:12 AM
I never played college football obviously. However my Q is.... are all college offenses this intricate?

There is a lot of variables pre snap and post snap.

Coach34
06-06-2019, 10:04 AM
The point of it is that the SEC is the gold standard for DL play. The time players have to make decisions on things like RPO's is less than it is going against defenses in other leagues for the most part. Fitz struggled at times making some of the quick decisions he had to make last season. Never said he didnt. But guess what? So are KT and Stevens. And we will continue to bleed the play clock as defenses continue to disguise their looks and force us into bad decisions after the ball is snapped. I dont expect that to change alot in 2019.

tcdog70
06-06-2019, 10:17 AM
Here's my thing about that.

We're in the same state as Ole Miss and USM- two schools with a lot of Mississippians on them. Just like us.

However despite being told that we HAVE TO be smashmouth football and that our players just aren't smart/coached well enough/whatever the excuse is to run a sophisticated offense- both Ole Miss and USM have both consistently managed to run offenses where they throw the ball somewhat effectively. And both have had success doing it. Yes, I know Ole Miss has been running a high school offense. But it's still pass first. And USM runs an offense that I would guess is similar in complexity to what we run with less talented players and they make it work.

I think the root of our issue is we have always throughout my fan lifetime tried to focus on finding quarterbacks that were athletes first and tried to develop them into QB's. Whereas Ole Miss and USM find guys that can play QB. Had we taken Gardner Minchew out of high school, JUCO, or as a grad transfer what does our offense look like last year? It's hard for the rest of the players when the quarterback is struggling to make basic reads and throws. Like USM has Jack Abraham and while he is undersized he most of the time is able to make effective reads and throws. He's from Oxford. There are QB's out there in Mississippi- it's just that we've shunned them for the most part because "they don't fit what Mississippi State football does" and we've missed out on some good players and it has also probably held us back to a degree in the W/L column.

you said it OM ran a High School offense. and the Mustard Buzzards--shit when did they look good against a SEC defense? Hell -last year we looked good when not playing-Bama-LSU , Fla or for Goodness sake-KY. have you ever thought that any offense we run might sux agaist the top SEC defenses. Everyone's offense sucks against them. It is hard for Me to think that some times we just need to call a play and run the Mfer. When you are inside the 10 just call a play and run it.--Quickly.

tcdog70
06-06-2019, 10:18 AM
The point of it is that the SEC is the gold standard for DL play. The time players have to make decisions on things like RPO's is less than it is going against defenses in other leagues for the most part. Fitz struggled at times making some of the quick decisions he had to make last season. Never said he didnt. But guess what? So are KT and Stevens. And we will continue to bleed the play clock as defenses continue to disguise their looks and force us into bad decisions after the ball is snapped. I dont expect that to change alot in 2019.

telling it like it is. +1

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2019, 10:18 AM

JoeVester is not the only coach in the country that runs RPO's. JoeVester's RPO's just didnt work as well in the SEC and he didnt have any direct handoffs to the TB- which is insane. Holding the football longer for all these deep passes is the problem against SEC d-lines

I have to disagree here big time. Moorhead and Mullen's offenses are pretty different. The reads are definitely a lot different. Fitz did have an advantage of being in Mullen's system for a while but to take a kid with the veer background who has been a runner first, then ask him to read box count, numbers count on the perimeter, leverage (all of that pre snap) then read 1-2 guys on a single play post snap, then decide whether to hand it off, spit it or pull it....was a lot more difficult for us than even Moorhead imagined it would be.

I do agree that the lack of carries for our RB's was baffling

Maroonthirteen
06-06-2019, 10:36 AM
. It is hard for Me to think that some times we just need to call a play and run the Mfer. When you are inside the 10 just call a play and run it.--Quickly.

Boom. That’s what I’m getting at. Damn. Draw up all the cute stuff you want. Sometimes you just have to block, break a tackle and out run the other team.

You had Fitz, Hill and Williams in the backfield. Call a damn run play and run it down Florida’s throat. Alabam... yeah you aren’t running down their throat. Florida.... you can. No reason we only scored 10 points in that game.

Coach007
06-06-2019, 10:44 AM
you said it OM ran a High School offense. and the Mustard Buzzards--shit when did they look good against a SEC defense? Hell -last year we looked good when not playing-Bama-LSU , Fla or for Goodness sake-KY. have you ever thought that any offense we run might sux agaist the top SEC defenses. Everyone's offense sucks against them. It is hard for Me to think that some times we just need to call a play and run the Mfer. When you are inside the 10 just call a play and run it.--Quickly.

Interesting.... then why do we have a coach blasting MS ST's HC system if it don't friggin matter? and that moves me to why are people defending and agreeing with him if it doesn't matter?

BTW.. did you know that Moorhead's offense has separate tempos?

Coach007
06-06-2019, 10:46 AM
telling it like it is. +1

Nope. He's not. The purpose of his tempos is to negate a DL. Just have to make the read.

Coach007
06-06-2019, 10:53 AM
Boom. That’s what I’m getting at. Damn. Draw up all the cute stuff you want. Sometimes you just have to block, break a tackle and out run the other team.

1- That goes against all of the stuff you are agreeing with.

- It's the damn SEC and there is NO TIME to read because we have the Gold Standard DLs in the WORLD!
- But we just have to block!

You had Fitz, Hill and Williams in the backfield. Call a damn run play and run it down Florida’s throat.

That's not what lost us the game vs FL. Dropped pass by Mitchel in the endzone in the 3rd.

No reason we only scored 10 points in that game.

QB was 11 out of 26. That's why we didn't score more than 10.... 42% completion and FL is loading the box.

was21
06-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Players will need a loooooooonnnnng attention span to get it

gravedigger
06-06-2019, 12:18 PM

Hell.of.a.post.

Most people have it backwards the way an effective system is built. You don?t just recruit the best athletes and then build your plays around what they do best. You specifically recruit to your needs at each spot.

The other way which Freeze established himself at Ole Miss works as well, but can have its pitfalls.

Todd posed the question as to what would we have we looked like with Minchew. I think we know that. We had Tyler Russell and Dylan Farve. Mullen needed a qb that was motivated by hitting a hole like a running back and durable enough to.

Joe will be the same. He needs kids who make quick decisions on offense.

Maroonthirteen
06-06-2019, 01:49 PM
1- That goes against all of the stuff you are agreeing with.

Not really. Sometimes you have to play to your strengths rather than base your offense on what the defense shows.

gravedigger
06-06-2019, 02:09 PM

If what you say is true the offense will never work against our sec opponents.

We shall see

HoopsDawg
06-06-2019, 06:30 PM
If what you say is true the offense will never work against our sec opponents.

We shall see

Anyone hear Bruce Feldman on the radio today? Said he went to Penn State to interview Moorhead and Barkley but the guy that stood out was the WR coach, Josh Gattis. Gattis went on to coach WR's at Bama and now he is the Michigan OC. We might have hired the wrong coach from that staff. Felman said he was really impressive.

msstate7
06-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Anyone hear Bruce Feldman on the radio today? Said he went to Penn State to interview Moorhead and Barkley but the guy that stood out was the WR coach, Josh Gattis. Gattis went on to coach WR's at Bama and now he is the Michigan OC. We might have hired the wrong coach from that staff. Felman said he was really impressive.

Never heard of the guy. He was actually the co-OC at Bama last year. Be interesting to see how he does at Michigan this season

RiverCityDawg
06-06-2019, 07:09 PM
Never heard of the guy. He was actually the co-OC at Bama last year. Be interesting to see how he does at Michigan this season

And it's no coincidence Bama ran more RPOs than ever last year.

Coach34
06-06-2019, 08:01 PM
And it's no coincidence Bama ran more RPOs than ever last year.

And not a coincidence that Clemson, State, and Georgia gave them alot of trouble because of their DL's. When did Bama move the ball on Georgia? When they put in the dual-threat guy who people said cant pass who put more stress on the D in the 2nd half because he was mobile.

It's hilarious that Hurts was literally deemed as the same guy as Fitz 2 years ago and said he couldnt pass well enough to be a QB- brought them back against Georgia and was recruited to OU to be their QB this Fall- the place that has produced the last 2 Heisman QB's- to run their offense.

Coach007
06-06-2019, 10:26 PM
And not a coincidence that Clemson, State, and Georgia gave them alot of trouble because of their DL's. When did Bama move the ball on Georgia? When they put in the dual-threat guy who people said cant pass who put more stress on the D in the 2nd half because he was mobile.

What is this? Come on man. You know dang well Tua is adual threat and that he was injured in that game. Not once, but twice... Both LEGS! Geez man! He had an left ankle injury earlier in the SEC title game.... He limped the whole time. Even on one of his INTs he was limping off the field. Then his own OL stepped on his Right giving him a high ankle sprain that required surgery.

Somehow or another.. with a messed up left ankle Bama scored 21. So I can only assume they moved it the whole damn game!