PDA

View Full Version : Ealy going to UM and not in the MLB draft

Tbonewannabe
06-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Most people thought he was going in the first round with possibly going high. Is this a mistake or is it a smart gamble?

I think it is a mistake because he won't improve his MLB draft stock and the chance of him going high in the NFL draft is low. Running backs just don't go that high usually.

BeastMan
06-04-2019, 04:01 PM
The kid wanted to play football. He thinks he’s a 3 and done 1st guy (which kid doesn’t). His wanting to play football hurt his baseball draft stock tremendously and this is right on the heels of the Kyler Murray deal and I think that spooked mlb clubs (rightfully so).

thf24
06-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Biggest mistake he's making is choosing to go run behind that 2019 OM offensive line.

Dawgology
06-04-2019, 04:03 PM
Guaranteed RAT

Cooterpoot
06-04-2019, 04:04 PM
He should’ve listened to the people that tried to tell him. He’ll regret it.

msstate7
06-04-2019, 04:09 PM
He should’ve listened to the people that tried to tell him. He’ll regret it.

Meanwhile you guys were completely wrong

AlSwearengen
06-04-2019, 04:16 PM
Unless Rich Rod can work some type of magic, he is going to have a hell of a time behind their Oline.

I guess he will be an immediate starter there, where he would have had to play behind Kylin at MSU.

Also factor in that olemiss is going to a totally different scheme, likely without the right personnel and it could be his third year before he is in a decent situation.

msstate7
06-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Unless Rich Rod can work some type of magic, he is going to have a hell of a time behind their Oline.

I guess he will be an immediate starter there, where he would have had to play behind Kylin at MSU.

Also factor in that olemiss is going to a totally different scheme, likely without the right personnel and it could be his third year before he is in a decent situation.

CBS early look at next year's draft has Scottie Phillips at #90 and Kylin at #92

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-tua-tagovailoa-sits-atop-preseason-top-100-big-board-justin-herbert-in-top-five/

Doggie_Style
06-04-2019, 04:30 PM
CBS early look at next year's draft has Scottie Phillips at #90 and Kylin at #92

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-tua-tagovailoa-sits-atop-preseason-top-100-big-board-justin-herbert-in-top-five/

Yup barring injury Ealy's touches will be limited next year. He's also struggling to hit high school pitching which does't bode well for a lot of SEC at bats next year....I think he would be wise to pick a sport and work his ass off the next three years if he wants to get the bag

Todd4State
06-04-2019, 04:32 PM
He's a football player that grew up in a baseball family.

My two cents is he should just play football and focus on that since that is his favorite sport from what I have heard.

Maridian Dawg
06-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Yup barring injury Ealy's touches will be limited next year. He's also struggling to hit high school pitching which does't bode well for a lot of SEC at bats next year....I think he would be wise to pick a sport and work his ass off the next three years if he wants to get the bag

I'm pretty sure he's already gotten a bag or 10 just for visiting and signing up there.

NCDawg
06-04-2019, 04:36 PM

Absolutely.

Ari Gold
06-04-2019, 05:50 PM

Yeah .. most everyone thought he would high draft pick.. and these weren’t just posters here.. MLB gurus had him going into this season very high. And if he had gone as projected this time last year he wouldn’t have played football

Saying that , A RB playing 2 sports isn’t the same as a QB, WR,or CB playing 2 sports. A Bo Jackson he is not..
So good luck kid , you better pick the right sport or that “bag” you got to go to Oxford might end up being the largest “bag” you receive...

Commercecomet24
06-04-2019, 06:47 PM
I will admit I was wrong about him. However my opinion was based on what him, his family and handlers have been saying for the last 2 years. It happens.

Cooterpoot
06-04-2019, 07:01 PM

He made that call though. He chose to go against what he was advised was the best route. OM took his friend from us as a walk on, and did what they had to do to get him. I’m not one to accuse kids of cashing in on recruiting and I won’t here. He’ll regret it later.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-04-2019, 10:11 PM
He's a football player that grew up in a baseball family.

My two cents is he should just play football and focus on that since that is his favorite sport from what I have heard.

I saw him on live tv at one of the all star games being interview and was asked if he had to choose only one sport what would it be and he said baseball and that was his favorite sport

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-04-2019, 10:19 PM
I saw him on live tv at one of the all star games being interview and was asked if he had to choose only one sport what would it be and he said baseball and that was his favorite sport

Yeah but he also wanted MLB teams to take him high; the more FB risk there is the less likely they are to take a chance on him