PDA

View Full Version : MSU vs Kentucky Prediction Thread (Hud free edition*)

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Baseball School 34
Basketball School 10

And by the way, that 34 comes from a missed extra point, not two made field goals.

msstate7
10-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Us 38
Them 16

Bell kicks 44 yard fg to jump start his 2nd half

Dawg61
10-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Hud would beat Kentucky

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Hud would beat Kentucky

HUD FREE EDITION, DAMN IT!!!1!!1***

Hud>Judd*

Dawg61
10-23-2013, 08:55 PM
HUD FREE EDITION, DAMN IT!!!1!!1***

Hud>Judd*

Oops I ****ed that up. Oh well guess we'll just Huddle this thread up too.

Dawg Tired
10-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Dawgs 45
Cats 13
Morrow gets the long TD we've been waiting 2 1/2 years for... Maybe.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2013, 09:20 PM
State - 28
UK - 20

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 09:23 PM
No pay for play in football - one HUDred

Pay for play in basketball - 10

Dawg61
10-23-2013, 09:34 PM
28-20 sounds right

preachermatt83
10-23-2013, 09:38 PM
31-14 state

BulldogBear
10-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Smeagol say:

Dogses 36
Catses 7

blacklistedbully
10-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Us 38
Them 16

I pray this does not happen. I'll probably turn my TV off if I see that dude trot out on the field again for a FG attempt. I kid you not, I do not want to EVER see that guy kicking a FG again!

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 11:26 PM
I pray this does not happen. I'll probably turn my TV off if I see that dude trot out on the field again for a FG attempt. I kid you not, I do not want to EVER see that guy kicking a FG again!

Prepare yourself then, because I would be willing to bet he attempts every field goal tomorrow. He still has two years left and is on scholarship.

Mullen is going to prove us all wrong! Bell is an All American!***

RBritt
10-24-2013, 08:49 AM
42-14 Dawgs

BulldogBear
10-24-2013, 08:53 AM
If Bell makes a 44 yarder it'l be because he missed a 23 yrd one earlier in game

Sienfield
10-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Cohen current team 34

Cohen former team 24

BulldogBear
10-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Cohen current team 34

Cohen former team 24

Good grief that'll mean a lot of base hits!!! ....or errors ;)

Sienfield
10-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Should have said school instead of team I guess.

smootness
10-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Us 38
Them 16

Knowing our luck, we'll win it 46-14 with Bell 6-6 on FGs, 3 of them 40+, in a game we were going to win easily anyway.

That will then seal the deal that he will kick FGs for the rest of his career, and he would more than likely go right back to what he has been in meaningful games.

FreeBoosie
10-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Dan Mullen- 30
Jared Lorenzen- 14

I agree with earlier posts though, not on two field goals, but on either a missed PAT or a missed two point conversion and a chip shot field goal

drunkernhelldawg
10-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I hope we win but I don't have a good feeling about it. I think this musical quartebacks thing has totally confused our team.

State 24 Kentucky 25

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-24-2013, 09:52 AM
31-16 bulldogs.

msstate7
10-24-2013, 10:18 AM
I hope we win but I don't have a good feeling about it. I think this musical quartebacks thing has totally confused our team.

State 24 Kentucky 25

If this happens, I don't see Mullen back next season.

Wade Garrett
10-24-2013, 10:35 AM
42-14 State

rtdawg
10-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Dawgs 23
UK 14

DownwardDawg
10-24-2013, 10:39 AM

State 24 Kentucky 25

Very possible.

fishwater99
10-24-2013, 10:50 AM
State 43

UK 16

Finally an SEC win for 2013....

We really should be 6-1 after tonight...

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 10:54 AM

State 24 Kentucky 25

If this happens, I'll scoot over and make more room on the Hud train for everyone.

Negative Waves
10-24-2013, 10:58 AM
I can't see us losing to this UK team. They are awful. Bowling Green would probably beat them by 7-14 points. We'll go up by 2-3 scores by halftime, and then Dan will stall the offense and try to run out the clock. Kentucky will score 10 in the 2nd half and make the game appear closer than it was. I think it will be similar to the 2011 game.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-24-2013, 10:59 AM
If this happens, I'll scoot over and make more room on the Hud train for everyone.

Wish I could find a picture of Bubba and Forrest Gump on the bus.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2013, 11:00 AM
I can't see us losing to this UK team. They are awful. Bowling Green would probably beat them by 7-14 points. We'll go up by 2-3 scores by halftime, and then Dan will stall the offense and try to run out the clock. Kentucky will score 10 in the 2nd half and make the game appear closer than it was. I think it will be similar to the 2011 game.

And you can't see us losing?? We beat BG by 1 point.

Coach007
10-24-2013, 11:02 AM
28-21 MSU wins. Dak continues to do well in the first half running the ball.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 11:02 AM

This is probably the most likely scenario I've seen posted.

Negative Waves
10-24-2013, 11:11 AM
That was our "down" game of the year. Mullen always has his throw away game where the team plays like crap, and it happens every year under Mullen. UAB, La Tech, Troy, and now Bowling Green. You can't take away anything from those games other than that our talent level is better than theirs. They're frustrating and our fans always go into the "sky is falling" mode after each one of them.

Maroonthirteen
10-24-2013, 11:18 AM
State 21 UK 7 at half. State 28 UK 24 final.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 11:28 AM
That was our "down" game of the year. Mullen always has his throw away game where the team plays like crap, and it happens every year under Mullen. UAB, La Tech, Troy, and now Bowling Green. You can't take away anything from those games other than that our talent level is better than theirs. They're frustrating and our fans always go into the "sky is falling" mode after each one of them.

You can take away that our coach hasn't figured out how to avoid them.

We only play 12 games a year, and we have 2 bye weeks now.....there is no excuse to have an annual "down" game.

Dannyripms
10-24-2013, 11:33 AM
We go into halftime 17-7.Kentucky wins it in second half. We score 0 points after halftime. 20-17 Kentucky.

Coach007
10-24-2013, 11:36 AM
The issue is that teams have figured out how to stop us in the second half. We have a coach that will not use the only option we have to stop that.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 11:39 AM
The issue is that teams have figured out how to stop us in the second half. We have a coach that will not use the only option we have to stop that.

And what would that be?

Coach007
10-24-2013, 12:01 PM
And what would that be?

Teams adjust to stop the run game. In particular, Dak. That's obvious by the fact that his production goes down in the second half.

A 2 QB system in our situation does not really work well. If Dak is in, adjust to the run. He's not a passer. If Russell is in, adjust to play the pass, he's not the best runner (although I feel he could be effective

IF we are going to continue to play a 2 QB system, play the first half to the weakness of the opponent. At the half Switch the QBs. LEt's use UK. Dak should be able to run against them in the first half. They will adjust at half time. Put Russell in and make them back up. Then make Russell run a few plays with the option. Put Dak in at RB and run an option with Russell in.

On the flip side, if we are playing a team that we can throw on, Russell starts. Put Dak in in the second half and run it on them until they adjust. Then Dak will most certainly have to be able to complete some passes.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Teams adjust to stop the run game. In particular, Dak. That's obvious by the fact that his production goes down in the second half.

A 2 QB system in our situation does not really work well. If Dak is in, adjust to the run. He's not a passer. If Russell is in, adjust to play the pass, he's not the best runner (although I feel he could be effective

IF we are going to continue to play a 2 QB system, play the first half to the weakness of the opponent. At the half Switch the QBs. LEt's use UK. Dak should be able to run against them in the first half. They will adjust at half time. Put Russell in and make them back up. Then make Russell run a few plays with the option. Put Dak in at RB and run an option with Russell in.

On the flip side, if we are playing a team that we can throw on, Russell starts. Put Dak in in the second half and run it on them until they adjust. Then Dak will most certainly have to be able to complete some passes.

I completely disagree. Dak should play the whole game. If we are running our offense and executing, nobody will be able to make a simple halftime adjustment and beat us

Coach007
10-24-2013, 12:11 PM
I completely disagree. Dak should play the whole game. If we are running our offense and executing, nobody will be able to make a simple halftime adjustment and beat us

Then why are they? And let's just deal with real teams. Not Troy and Alcorns. In order for our current offense to work with Dak in full time, he has to be completing a way higher percentage of passes. He's not. That's not a negative comment, that's just a fact. That's also the reason he has less yards in the second half than the first.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Then why are they? And let's just deal with real teams. Not Troy and Alcorns. In order for our current offense to work with Dak in full time, he has to be completing a way higher percentage of passes. He's not. That's not a negative comment, that's just a fact. That's also the reason he has less yards in the second half than the first.

No, we are beating ourselves. Dak can be fully effective in the passing game as long as we are mixing it up well. We have to utilize play action. If play action is used, then our WR's will be more open with Dak in the game than they will with Tyler, because they're having to commit to stopping the run game. Our play calling changes completely in the second half of games. We have to keep our foot on the gas and not get conservative. That is a coaching issue, not a QB issue.

Coach34
10-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Bermuda Grass and Cheese 31
Bourbon and Race horses 20

Dawgface
10-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Dogs 27 Cats 17

Coach007
10-24-2013, 12:26 PM
No, we are beating ourselves. Dak can be fully effective in the passing game as long as we are mixing it up well. We have to utilize play action. If play action is used, then our WR's will be more open with Dak in the game than they will with Tyler, because they're having to commit to stopping the run game. Our play calling changes completely in the second half of games. We have to keep our foot on the gas and not get conservative. That is a coaching issue, not a QB issue.

Play action is not going to somehow make Dak hit his target. But you are right, they are committing to stopping the run and Dak is failing in completing enough passes to make them relax that.

But this is off topic, and I didn't intend to do that.

MSU 28 UK 21

Coach34
10-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Play action is not going to somehow make Dak hit his target. But you are right, they are committing to stopping the run and Dak is failing in completing enough passes to make them relax that.

Dak was 7-10 in the 2nd half vs Bowling Green and we still didnt score. It goes deeper than just completing passes

Bullmutt
10-24-2013, 12:53 PM
MSU -38
KY -21

Coach007
10-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Dak was 7-10 in the 2nd half vs Bowling Green and we still didnt score. It goes deeper than just completing passes

It was bowling green and that's all I'm going to say about it. If that doesn't speak for itself, there's nothing I am going to be able to say.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 01:36 PM
It was bowling green and that's all I'm going to say about it. If that doesn't speak for itself, there's nothing I am going to be able to say.

What the hell does that matter? Accurate is accurate. It doesn't matter if he is playing nobody out there, you said he isn't accurate, but he hit 70% in the 2nd half of our last game

BulldogBear
10-24-2013, 02:23 PM
On my wayyyy!!! Not quite like a Saturday but I'll take it. Usually up there much earlier. I'll update the profile info this weekend.

Coach007
10-24-2013, 02:33 PM
What the hell does that matter? Accurate is accurate. It doesn't matter if he is playing nobody out there, you said he isn't accurate, but he hit 70% in the 2nd half of our last game

Isn't he less than 50% against the SEC and Ranked teams? Yes, it matters.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Isn't he less than 50% against the SEC and Ranked teams? Yes, it matters.

No it doesn't. Except better teams may cover our receivers better, so they may not be open. Again, not on the QB.

Tired of arguing though. His passing is not e reason we aren't playing well in the 2nd half.

Coach007
10-24-2013, 02:45 PM
No it doesn't. Except better teams may cover our receivers better, so they may not be open. Again, not on the QB.

Tired of arguing though. His passing is not e reason we aren't playing well in the 2nd half.

Why is Russell's numbers higher in those same games? Are you suggesting that they get open when Russell is in? Catch better for him? I'm just saynig that Dak's lack of passing is an issue. There is noway around that. If I'm not mistaken, Russell's QBR is higher than Dak's in games vs SEC and ranked teams(that both have played in).

As I said, if we are bent on a 2 QB system, we need to change the way we do it, because we are not fooling anybody.

Dawg61
10-24-2013, 02:51 PM

Dak needs to work on his accuracy and more specifically his touch. When he improves at those two qualities he will be a very dangerous QB. My opinion for the stalled offense in the 2nd half is 1. Mullen implements the Dansbury Stall 2. The play-calling is a reflection of the Dansbury Stall 3. Dak stops handing off on the read-option and runs it himself too often.

If Dak would just change the play to a WR slant or a similar simple pass a couple of times it would free up the running lanes again.

PMDawg
10-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Hud would beat Kentucky

By himself!

PMDawg
10-24-2013, 03:38 PM
This is the type of game Dan thrives on. It won't be close. He beats up on crap teams because adjustments aren't needed. 38-10 MSU.

As for the guy saying adjustments = flip flopping QBs and running trick plays with both QBs in the game....just no. Those aren't adjustments, that's full fledged change of schemes. Adjustments are tweaks in blocking assignments, adding a small new wrinkle to specific plays that had them off balance in the first half and doing other small things to keep them from finding the recipe to stop your offense. Good coaches are continuously building off their plays throughout the course of the game, Dan doesn't. Not anymore. He did at Florida and his first two years here. That's what excited me the most about his hire. If you remember, he used to start with a simple read option. If the DE crashed, the QB kept around the end. When they starting keying on that, he may run a different version of it. Then he would pull a guard or have the QBs option be the dive instead of taking it outside. Then he would add another option, a RB trailing the QB. Then he may add a pass option. Finally he would add in the shovel pass to the TE. We don't do any of that any more. This makes no sense to me.

Coach007
10-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Let's not take me out of context. What I am saying is IF you are going to use a 2 QB system, be inventive. If you are going to alternate, do it differently than he currently

I don't agree with the 2 QB system at all.

Coach34
10-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Why is Russell's numbers higher in those same games? Are you suggesting that they get open when Russell is in? Catch better for him? .

Russell went 2/3 on the 1st drive of the 2nd half vs BG- and we still punted on a 3 and out. That 66/7% didnt help him there.
Dak didnt go 3 and out all night

It goes alot deeper than just completion percentage. Hell, Mauck for Missouri only completed 50% of his passes vs Florida- it turned out well for him.

edited for BG- not LSU

Coach34
10-24-2013, 04:01 PM

He is doing it out of respect for Russell. We're going to continue to see Dakota take 2/3 of the snaps the rest of the way

Coach007
10-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Russell went 2/3 on the 1st drive of the 2nd half vs LSU- and we still punted on a 3 and out. That 66/7% didnt help him there.
Dak didnt go 3 and out all night

It goes alot deeper than just completion percentage. Hell, Mauck for Missouri only completed 50% of his passes vs Florida- it turned out well for him.

Who had the higher QBR? Who got us back ahead in the game? Dak's drives stalled. He threw an int on a 3rd down. That's 3 and out in any defense's book. Wasn't he 9 out of 21 (including the 2 pt conversion). Against ranked teams, be it SEC or not, Russell has the higher QBR. You mentioned Maulk?? ok, 50% worked great for him, but Dak isnt completing that that much!

Our offensive issue do not go any deeper in the second half than Dak's arm currently. So long as he does not complete the passes for meaningful yards, even UK will some what slow him down.

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers....

Coach007
10-24-2013, 04:13 PM
He is doing it out of respect for Russell. We're going to continue to see Dakota take 2/3 of the snaps the rest of the way

Maybe. It's not really my call. It seems he has been leaning that way and it's but one reason why I have little confidence left in his coaching.

PMDawg
10-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Let's not take me out of context. What I am saying is IF you are going to use a 2 QB system, be inventive. If you are going to alternate, do it differently than he currently

Fair enough. That doesn't negate the rest of what I said about what Mullen isn't doing, used to do, and needs to start doing again.

PMDawg
10-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Who had the higher QBR? Who got us back ahead in the game? Dak's drives stalled. He threw an int on a 3rd down. That's 3 and out in any defense's book. Wasn't he 9 out of 21 (including the 2 pt conversion). Against ranked teams, be it SEC or not, Russell has the higher QBR. You mentioned Maulk?? ok, 50% worked great for him, but Dak isnt completing that that much!

Our offensive issue do not go any deeper in the second half than Dak's arm currently. So long as he does not complete the passes for meaningful yards, even UK will some what slow him down.

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers....

Dak doesn't magically lose the ability to complete passes at half time. The defenses adjust to our offense and our coaches don't counter. They are setting any QB we trot on the field in the 2nd half up for failure. Pure and simple.

Coach007
10-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Fair enough. That doesn't negate the rest of what I said about what Mullen isn't doing, used to do, and needs to start doing again.

That's because I agree with you. I pointed that out earlier I thought. I see no need in the play calling to be changed based on Russell being in there. I see a need for better slight adjustments along the way.

Coach007
10-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Dak doesn't magically lose the ability to complete passes at half time. The defenses adjust to our offense and our coaches don't counter. They are setting any QB we trot on the field in the 2nd half up for failure. Pure and simple.

Then we have an issue with the actuall footage and results of those plays. Russell is completing 71% of his passes. Dak isn't even getting to 55% and it's below 50% against SEC and ranked teams. 2 and 2 is not = 4 here.

I agree he set Russell up for failure in the LSU game by bringing him in too late where the defense was pinning ears back to blitz! That also makes another point... but right now.. I'm headed to the field!

Dare2Dv8
10-24-2013, 05:49 PM
35-24 Dawgs

Political Hack
10-24-2013, 08:47 PM
I could see it being a 21-10 game at half...

call me Nostradamus.

Coach007
10-24-2013, 10:44 PM
My guess was MSU 28 UK 21...

Did I win????? :)