PDA

View Full Version : Weather guys

BuckyIsAB****
06-04-2019, 01:01 PM
What is the verdict? I know there is talk about canceling our football camps that are on campus for Friday. I am praying not. Give me some good news for the weekend

ScoobaDawg
06-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Friday still looks like the heaviest rain day. Saturday has bumped up in intensity throughout the day but still have to watch it a couple more days to have a better idea. Big part of it is the low pressure system in the gulf, 91l..it's not getting organized and has dropped to a 20% chance of becoming a Tropical depression. Depending on where it goes and when it gets sucked up can have a lot to do with the rain over the weekend.

BuckyIsAB****
06-04-2019, 01:35 PM
Friday still looks like the heaviest rain day. Saturday has bumped up in intensity throughout the day but still have to watch it a couple more days to have a better idea. Big part of it is the low pressure system in the gulf, 91l..it's not getting organized and has dropped to a 20% chance of becoming a Tropical depression. Depending on where it goes and when it gets sucked up can have a lot to do with the rain over the weekend.

Are we talking an all day frog strangler or just scattered showers

starkvegasdawg
06-04-2019, 01:38 PM

All depends on what 91L does. My best guess is just a lot of scattered showers. One of those where it rains for an hour. Stops for two hours. Then rains another 30-45 minutes. Pattern like that all day.

ScoobaDawg
06-04-2019, 02:00 PM

Nah... like Stark said hard to know, but when you look at the % and amount per hour (all guesses as of now), the heaviest rain looks to be in the 5-7 pm time period.. but that can change from hour to hour. When you see lighter .02 or .05 amounts, usually means scattered storms especially when talking about thunderstorms.

Liverpooldawg
06-04-2019, 02:27 PM
The chances of rain have been bumped up. It's now 90-100% Thursday thru Sunday, 40% Monday. Its showing some pretty good totals too.

Irondawg
06-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Weather app shows it being pretty wet

starkvegasdawg
06-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Saturday - 80% rain
Sunday - 70% rain
Monday - 50% rain

Johnson85
06-05-2019, 09:09 AM
If a super gets delayed by a day or two, what's the protocol? Double header one day?

Dawgology
06-05-2019, 09:34 AM
If a super gets delayed by a day or two, what's the protocol? Double header one day?

Higher seed moves to Omaha.

MedDawg
06-05-2019, 10:43 AM
Higher seed moves to Omaha.

As explained on another board, the committee chooses which team will go. I could see them choosing the lower (worst) seed if, for example, they were up 1-0 in games and ahead by 5 runs in the 3rd inning before the series stopped.

I swear I remember within the past 10 years or so a Super not finishing and one of the teams was chosen or the better seed went automatically. Can't remember who/when.

BuckyIsAB****
06-05-2019, 11:44 AM
It would be our luck to get shitty weather on a super regional weekend

Homedawg
06-05-2019, 12:12 PM
As explained on another board, the committee chooses which team will go. I could see them choosing the lower (worst) seed if, for example, they were up 1-0 in games and ahead by 5 runs in the 3rd inning before the series stopped.

I swear I remember within the past 10 years or so a Super not finishing and one of the teams was chosen or the better seed went automatically. Can't remember who/when.

I don't ever remember that happening..............

Johnson85
06-05-2019, 12:15 PM

When will they make that call though? I assume there is a deadline for finishing to avoid the committee making the selection?

sonofozarka
06-05-2019, 12:27 PM
When will they make that call though? I assume there is a deadline for finishing to avoid the committee making the selection?

That's what I was wondering too, seems unheard of that they would just flip a coin or go with the team that had won 1 game.

I don't see why they can't just play until Wednesday? Why should they have a Tuesday deadline to get it done by?

Saltydog
06-05-2019, 12:29 PM
It would be our luck to get shitty weather on a super regional weekend

Agreed. I was hoping we'd see some big crowds but the weather will certainly affect that even if we do get to play.

BuckyIsAB****
06-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Agreed. I was hoping we'd see some big crowds but the weather will certainly affect that even if we do get to play.

I would be shocked if we dont get to play

Liverpooldawg
06-05-2019, 01:17 PM
I would be shocked if we dont get to play

This is a tropical system. It could just add to the usual pop ups. Then again it could be a real washout weekend.

fader2103
06-05-2019, 02:07 PM
So this came from the NCAA baseball preliminary manual....

If
0 games are played the top seed or best RPI goes... We are both number 1's so it will go to RPI... MSU is 4 Stanford 10
1 game is played... Winner of the game
2 games played back to best seed or best RPI

Also games will not go past Tuesday

Maroonthirteen
06-05-2019, 03:45 PM
So this came from the NCAA baseball preliminary manual....

If
0 games are played the top seed or best RPI goes... We are both number 1's so it will go to RPI... MSU is 4 Stanford 10
1 game is played... Winner of the game
2 games played back to best seed or best RPI

Also games will not go past Tuesday

We were not the #6 seed and they were the 11 seed?

ShotgunDawg
06-05-2019, 03:54 PM
Saturday - 80% rain
Sunday - 70% rain
Monday - 50% rain

BUILD THE DOME*

BiscuitEater

We ARE the #6 Seed.

Covercorner2

Yea, we are the higher seed. We would go.

Fader21
06-05-2019, 04:37 PM
They are meaning seeding 1-4 not national seeds. The National seeds means only for hosting it doesn't matter we have a better RPI.

Todd4State
06-05-2019, 08:32 PM
I bet we find a way to get the games in. The real question is whether the NCAA will allow MSU and the weather department there which has been on the money all year allowing us to play all of our home games with minimal delays make the decisions or will they let the same people that think that 11.7 scholarships is OK for baseball make the decision?

timotheus
06-05-2019, 08:46 PM
Good point there Todd. Oh and did I tell ya the view from the Lofts is pretty sweet? I had the opportunity to watch the miami game from there and boy is that stadium loud from out there.

nsvltndog
06-05-2019, 08:48 PM
I bet we find a way to get the games in. The real question is whether the NCAA will allow MSU and the weather department there which has been on the money all year allowing us to play all of our home games with minimal delays make the decisions or will they let the same people that think that 11.7 scholarships is OK for baseball make the decision?

I was at the Charlottesville Regional and remember waiting around a few hours for our Sunday night game to start while everyone knew that a massive line of severe thunderstorms was heading our way. Game was held until ESPN start time and got shut down late, probably around 8th inning. Long delay where we probably got 2+ inches of rain and then finally postponed to resume the following afternoon. It could have easily started 60-90 minutes earlier but that was not allowed. Word in the stadium was that ESPN would not allow game to start early. We held the lead and closed it out the next day, but not before UVA regained some momentum and made things interesting.

Todd4State
06-05-2019, 08:50 PM
I was at the Charlottesville Regional and remember waiting around a few hours for our Sunday night game to start while everyone knew that a massive line of severe thunderstorms was heading our way. Game was held until ESPN start time and got shut down late, probably around 8th inning. Long delay where we probably got 2+ inches of rain and then finally postponed to resume the following afternoon. It could have easily started 60-90 minutes earlier but that was not allowed. Word in the stadium was that ESPN would not allow game to start early. We held the lead and closed it out the next day, but not before UVA regained some momentum and made things interesting.

I remember that! Because I was off the next day and I got to see us finish it off around noon or so CST. I'm preparing myself mentally for the same type of issues.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2019, 01:50 PM
Our 7 on 7 and OL/DL camp for Friday has been cancelled, I take it the weather isnt looking any better for the weekend

Covercorner2
06-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Our 7 on 7 and OL/DL camp for Friday has been cancelled, I take it the weather isnt looking any better for the weekend

Actually doesn't look bad at all for Saturday and Sunday evenings.

BuckyIsAB****
06-06-2019, 01:59 PM
Actually doesn't look bad at all for Saturday and Sunday evenings.

The game is at 2 on Sat and 8 on Sunday. Doesnt make any sense at all to me but it is what it is.

StarkVegasSteve
06-06-2019, 02:14 PM
I bet we end up playing at 7 or 8 on Saturday and if that's the case.........whew buddy. I'd hate to be the Stanford RF

ScoobaDawg
06-07-2019, 05:35 PM
I bet we end up playing at 7 or 8 on Saturday and if that's the case.........whew buddy. I'd hate to be the Stanford RF
Not likely. tv says 8. it stays at 8.

Dawgology
06-07-2019, 05:46 PM

Directv says Saturday at 2pm. Where are you seeing 8??

DownwardDawg
06-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Directv says Saturday at 2pm. Where are you seeing 8??

Correct. Saturday is at 2:00

RocketDawg
06-07-2019, 07:09 PM

That's the Sunday game.

Todd4State
06-07-2019, 09:05 PM
MSU is going to have a meeting with NCAA officials about the weather tomorrow and whether or not they need to make changes to the game time that are weather related. Still on for 2 PM as of now but we'll know definitively at 9 AM if there are any changes.

DownwardDawg
06-07-2019, 09:48 PM
MSU is going to have a meeting with NCAA officials about the weather tomorrow and whether or not they need to make changes to the game time that are weather related. Still on for 2 PM as of now but we'll know definitively at 9 AM if there are any changes.

That’s good news. Hopefully they’ll listen. We need to play when we have a 3-4 hour window.

Todd4State
06-07-2019, 09:50 PM
That’s good news. Hopefully they’ll listen. We need to play when we have a 3-4 hour window.

I would imagine that the NCAA is willing to listen since a meeting is going to take place. Very encouraging at the very least.

yjnkdawg
06-07-2019, 10:17 PM
I imagine that both parties (NCAA and MSU) will rely very heavily on what the NWS may recommend on the best time or times to get a game in. The NWS meteorologists are the experts on weather related issues. So use their expertise. Based upon the NWS weather hourly forecast right now, it looks like 7 or 8 PM would be the best time. The prediction is 1/10 to a 1/4 of an inch of rain during the afternoon until you add in that but possibly higher amounts in thunderstorms. Then all bets are off.