Leroy Jenkins
06-04-2019, 07:20 AM
Me too.

shoeless joe
06-04-2019, 07:26 AM
Perfect

Dawgbite
06-04-2019, 07:44 AM
It would be too simple for Saturday to be at 8pm and Sunday to be at 2pm.

MarketingBully
06-04-2019, 07:46 AM
Gee, looks like we are starting on a Saturday like I thought we would. Made sense when I initially said it after others said I was wrong and glad the NCAA thought that a Saturday start made sense too. Personally I thought they would do this since Stanford is coming from the West Coast and finished last night.

GreenheadDawg
06-04-2019, 07:54 AM
2pm on Saturday? That sucks. Times for Saturday and Sunday need to be switched.

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2019, 07:57 AM
2pm on Saturday? That sucks. Times for Saturday and Sunday need to be switched.

It's TV driven.

What sucks is that LSU will get 2 of their 3 games on ESPN while all of ours will be on ESPN2 and ESPNU

msstate7
06-04-2019, 08:00 AM
It's TV driven.

What sucks is that LSU will get 2 of their 3 games on ESPN while all of ours will be on ESPN2 and ESPNU

LSU is a much more popular program facing a team with a legendary coach on his way out. LSU FSU will get better ratings

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2019, 08:01 AM
LSU is a much more popular program facing a team with a legendary coach on his way out. LSU FSU will get better ratings

Yeah. Just stinks because they are so much lower ranked.

Homedawg
06-04-2019, 08:09 AM
Gee, looks like we are starting on a Saturday like I thought we would. Made sense when I initially said it after others said I was wrong and glad the NCAA thought that a Saturday start made sense too. Personally I thought they would do this since Stanford is coming from the West Coast and finished last night.

It was 50-50. You were wrong in your reasoning. More people that played yesterday are starting Friday Than Saturday and that's what you kept saying. We will start Saturday because they played Monday. That's just not correct.

KOdawg1
06-04-2019, 08:10 AM
I'm fine with a 2 PM start. Our guys are used to the heat. Stanford won't be.

msstate7
06-04-2019, 08:10 AM
So...
Small on Saturday
Plumlee on Sunday?

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2019, 08:12 AM
So...
Small on Saturday
Plumlee on Sunday?

Easy decision for me. Yes.

Gives Ginn an extra 2 days of rest if needed with the chance of not pitching at all.

GreenheadDawg
06-04-2019, 08:15 AM
It's TV driven.

What are LSU’s times? Let me guess, all night games.

Todd4State
06-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Easy decision for me. Yes.

Gives Ginn an extra 2 days of rest if needed with the chance of not pitching at all.

That's another good thing about starting Saturday. Ginn automatically gets a built in extra day of rest right off the bat. The real question for me about him at this point is if we get to Omaha and he doesn't pitch in the Super Regional when do we throw him in Omaha? First or wait until later?

Covercorner2
06-04-2019, 08:35 AM

It's not going to be hot.

Liverpooldawg
06-04-2019, 08:44 AM
It's not going to be hot.

But it may be raining.

Doggie_Style
06-04-2019, 08:44 AM

the heat won't be a factor.....and Stanford is a very good team, we need to bring our A game and I think we will

Scared_Hitless
06-04-2019, 09:13 AM
I am very confident in Plumlee he has outpitched Ginn for the latter part of the season. Also with Small we know we are going to use minimum 2 arms from the bullpen since he will have 10 Ks and 100 pitches through 6. Liebelt has been nerve wracking lately, but still really good when he has sink to his pitches. Cole Gordon is the key as always to the Bullpen. Colby White needs a look at closer to finish the season he is bordering on unhittable.

I think we win but this is a tough match-up, I just think we are better and if Jake and Westy are back watch out.

monroedawg5646
06-04-2019, 09:40 AM
I think Plumlee has earned that Sunday start Ginn injured or not. Like someone already he has outperformed Ginn down the stretch. Also, if you can win this series in two and get Ginn healthy for Omaha you could pitch him in game 1 likely setting up Small with a Vandy rematch in game 2.

GreenheadDawg
06-04-2019, 09:54 AM
I think Plumlee has earned that Sunday start Ginn injured or not. Like someone already he has outperformed Ginn down the stretch. Also, if you can win this series in two and get Ginn healthy for Omaha you could pitch him in game 1 likely setting up Small with a Vandy rematch in game 2.

I agree. Plumlee has earned the 2nd game. Ginn hasn’t shown shit the past 3 weeks.

ScoobaDawg
06-04-2019, 10:03 AM

It?s Friday and Saturday not Thursday and Friday and the regionals that ended tonight are the ones that will start Friday. So think OM-Ark, FSU-LSU, Aub-UNC, and Duke-Vandy. Those will be your early starters.

F*CK off hard... you come on thinking you knew sh!t and YOU didn't. you said we would play sat-mon because of stanford playing last night. That wasn't correct and you were GUESSING.. and didn't know anything of substance. You worthless f*ck.

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2019

Notice how ALL the teams on the bottom of the bracket with us are Sat-Mon. Top half is Fri-Sun.
Notice how in the top half teams such as Louisville and ECU BOTH played yesterday.. and are paired on fri start. Same with Michigan and UCLA. Same With ECU and Louisville.

In fact you were WRONG about 3 of the 4 you picked.

ScoobaDawg
06-04-2019, 10:04 AM
It's TV driven.

Instead of looking at us as the problem.. blame stanford. they are the reason we are going to be on espn 2 and espnu

ScoobaDawg
06-04-2019, 10:08 AM
What are LSU?s times? Let me guess, all night games.

Nope. 2pm ESPN, 5pm ESPN2, 7:30 ESPN.

yjnkdawg
06-04-2019, 10:12 AM
the heat won't be a factor.....and Stanford is a very good team, we need to bring our A game and I think we will

But Mississippi humidity, and then possibly tropical humidity may be.

sandwolf
06-04-2019, 10:15 AM
F*CK off hard... you come on thinking you knew sh!t and YOU didn't. you said we would play sat-mon because of stanford playing last night. That wasn't correct and you were GUESSING.. and didn't know anything of substance. You worthless f*ck.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a8eceb3ed161b67948504081f5a985b8/tenor.gif?itemid=7232185

Maroonthirteen
06-04-2019, 10:17 AM

Yep. Far more TV sets in New Orleans, Baton Rogue and Tallahassee than in all of MS.

GreenheadDawg
06-04-2019, 11:38 AM
Nope. 2pm ESPN, 5pm ESPN2, 7:30 ESPN.

I’m shocked. But now that I looked all of the games are pretty much around the same times other than west coast.

BuckyIsAB****
06-04-2019, 12:56 PM
It would be too simple for Saturday to be at 8pm and Sunday to be at 2pm.

My thoughts exactly. I cant understand that for the life of me

RougeDawg
06-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Aside from starters, how many innings can Colby White realistically eat up? He was unhittable the other night and looked like he could go a lot more. If Ginn started game 2 and left early could Colby get us into the usual bullpen innings?

msstatelp1
06-04-2019, 01:27 PM
That's another good thing about starting Saturday. Ginn automatically gets a built in extra day of rest right off the bat. The real question for me about him at this point is if we get to Omaha and he doesn't pitch in the Super Regional when do we throw him in Omaha? First or wait until later?

This may be a stupid question cause I don't understand the psyche of pitchers but if we are ahead enough on Sunday, could we let him pitch a couple innings of relief if he's up to it? Assuming we won the first game of course.

MarketingBully
06-04-2019, 05:11 PM

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2019

Notice how ALL the teams on the bottom of the bracket with us are Sat-Mon. Top half is Fri-Sun.
Notice how in the top half teams such as Louisville and ECU BOTH played yesterday.. and are paired on fri start. Same with Michigan and UCLA. Same With ECU and Louisville.

In fact you were WRONG about 3 of the 4 you picked.

I love the fact I get so much under your skin. That’s a you problem.

Maridian Dawg
06-04-2019, 05:21 PM
This may be a stupid question cause I don't understand the psyche of pitchers but if we are ahead enough on Sunday, could we let him pitch a couple innings of relief if he's up to it? Assuming we won the first game of course.

I think Lemon has Colby White as our Set Up arm in the bullpen. He comes out there for 1 inning, usually in the 7th or 8th, to set up our closer. And I don't know if pitching multiple innings each time would be good for his arm. I mean throwing 95+ for 3 outs is hard enough.

MarketingBully
06-04-2019, 07:40 PM
It was 50-50. You were wrong in your reasoning. More people that played yesterday are starting Friday Than Saturday and that's what you kept saying. We will start Saturday because they played Monday. That's just not correct.

Glad you are there to correct me but I respect that you didn?t tell me to **** off and the guy who did that is a so called mod on here. Way to set the bar low on here ED guys.

MarketingBully
06-05-2019, 06:47 AM

Well it looks like my reasoning was more right then wrong according to the NCAA...

?Hamilton said the NCAA considers several factors when deciding when super regionals will begin. Among the considerations are input from ESPN about which matchups are most desirable for TV, and input from schools about what is happening on host campuses that might affect hotel availabilities in their cities.

For instance, the annual Walmart shareholders meeting that draws thousands of out-of-town visitors will be held at Bud Walton Arena on the University of Arkansas campus Friday morning. Other considerations include student health, Hamilton said, notably whether one of the participating teams played a regional game on Monday and needs an additional day of rest.?

But it isn?t already predetermined based on POD like you guys were saying...

smootness
06-05-2019, 11:53 AM
Well it looks like my reasoning was more right then wrong according to the NCAA...

?Hamilton said the NCAA considers several factors when deciding when super regionals will begin. Among the considerations are input from ESPN about which matchups are most desirable for TV, and input from schools about what is happening on host campuses that might affect hotel availabilities in their cities.

For instance, the annual Walmart shareholders meeting that draws thousands of out-of-town visitors will be held at Bud Walton Arena on the University of Arkansas campus Friday morning. Other considerations include student health, Hamilton said, notably whether one of the participating teams played a regional game on Monday and needs an additional day of rest.?

But it isn?t already predetermined based on POD like you guys were saying...

No one said it was predetermined, but they do have one half of the bracket start Friday and the other half start Saturday, which is what they said...which is why 3 of the 4 SR's you thought would start Saturday are actually starting Friday.

I'm sure they take into consideration when a regional ended...but it obviously isn't as important as other factors.

Homedawg
06-05-2019, 12:05 PM
No one said it was predetermined, but they do have one half of the bracket start Friday and the other half start Saturday, which is what they said...which is why 3 of the 4 SR's you thought would start Saturday are actually starting Friday.

I'm sure they take into consideration when a regional ended...but it obviously isn't as important as other factors.

Agree. It's pretty obvious it had close to zero to do with it.

DancingRabbit
06-05-2019, 02:59 PM
Just saw the vegas odds to win the CWS. Surprised Arky is that strong a favorite matched up against OM.

Vanderbilt 4-1
Arkansas 5-1
UCLA 5-1
Mississippi St 6-1
LSU 10-1
Louisville 12-1
Texas Tech 12-1
North Carolina 15-1
Ole Miss 15-1
East Carolina 20-1
Oklahoma State 20-1
Stanford 20-1
Auburn 25-1
Florida State 25-1
Duke 50-1
Michigan 50-1

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaa-baseball/2019-college-world-series-betting-odds-ncaa-baseball-tournament

smootness
06-05-2019, 03:21 PM
Just saw the vegas odds to win the CWS. Surprised Arky is that strong a favorite matched up against OM.

Vanderbilt 4-1
Arkansas 5-1
UCLA 5-1
Mississippi St 6-1
LSU 10-1
Louisville 12-1
Texas Tech 12-1
North Carolina 15-1
Ole Miss 15-1
East Carolina 20-1
Oklahoma State 20-1
Stanford 20-1
Auburn 25-1
Florida State 25-1
Duke 50-1
Michigan 50-1

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaa-baseball/2019-college-world-series-betting-odds-ncaa-baseball-tournament

This lines up with what we've known all year - there were 5 teams that were better than everybody else. Now that UGA is out, that leaves 4 of them. Vandy, UCLA, Arkansas, and us are clearly the best teams left.

More surprised than I am at Arkansas' odds, I'm shocked by OM's odds because of their pairing with Arkansas. That seems dumb. It honestly seems like they didn't really even take into account who each team plays in the SR.

Todd4State
06-05-2019, 11:25 PM

I agree. Plumlee has earned the 2nd game. Ginn hasn’t shown shit the past 3 weeks.

Ginn and Plumlee have both been pretty similar statistically their last few starts. I agree that Plumlee should pitch over Ginn but it's more health related than performance related. I am curious about how we will handle Ginn if we go to Omaha and win the SR without him throwing a pitch. I think Monroe's idea is the most logical assuming that Ginn is 100%.

Aside from starters, how many innings can Colby White realistically eat up? He was unhittable the other night and looked like he could go a lot more. If Ginn started game 2 and left early could Colby get us into the usual bullpen innings?

I think Colby is a one inning guy. He basically has one pitch and the longest he has gone in any outing is 1.1 IP this year which he did once.

I think Ginn has the psyche to do it. He pitched in relief a lot in high school. But with him having arm issues it's just not worth the risk.

DawgFromOxford
06-06-2019, 12:18 AM
I think Colby is a one inning guy. He basically has one pitch and the longest he has gone in any outing is 1.1 IP this year which he did once.

Why not just let him go until he gets hit? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. (this is based off my extremely limited baseball knowledge)

MarketingBully
06-06-2019, 12:21 AM
This lines up with what we've known all year - there were 5 teams that were better than everybody else. Now that UGA is out, that leaves 4 of them. Vandy, UCLA, Arkansas, and us are clearly the best teams left.

More surprised than I am at Arkansas' odds, I'm shocked by OM's odds because of their pairing with Arkansas. That seems dumb. It honestly seems like they didn't really even take into account who each team plays in the SR.

Yep, should us, Arkansas, and Vandy make it we would all 3 be tough outs. I think if we make Omaha we win it. I just think we have the most intangibles of any team and also have the experience. If we can rev up our hitting, we definitely will have a great chance to win it as our type of hitting is perfect for that ballpark.