PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Warren

ZedFedder
06-04-2019, 12:22 AM
Father of MSU TE Powers Warren is reported to become first African American commissioner of Power 5 conference, becoming commissioner of the Big Ten.

sandwolf
06-04-2019, 10:40 AM
That's interesting. I had no idea that his dad had that kind of stature. He is (or was) the COO of the Vikings and the highest ranking black business executive in the NFL. Impressive......first I have heard of any of this.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-04-2019, 12:17 PM
The reason why Powers was never in any danger of being "processed".

ZedFedder
06-04-2019, 12:25 PM

For sure. Do you think Mullen signed him strictly because of his dad?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-04-2019, 12:49 PM
For sure. Do you think Mullen signed him strictly because of his dad?

Considering the # of TE's we had on the roster & the lack of usage for our TE's I sure hope so.

Irondawg
06-04-2019, 03:28 PM
I really thought he might grow in a tackle but I was wrong

sandwolf
06-05-2019, 02:53 PM

I don't guess I see why this would prevent him from being processed. I mean, what are the implications of the Vikings COO being mad at us? It's not like he's a prominent, influential guy in our recruiting footprint and I can't see it factoring into whether or not they drafted a State player. Or conversely, what is the potential benefit of him being a State fan (as the Vikings COO, not as the B1G commissioner)? I just don't see how his dad being a big wig in Minnesota would make him untouchable.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-05-2019, 02:58 PM
I don't guess I see why this would prevent him from being processed. I mean, what are the implications of the Vikings COO being mad at us? It's not like he's a prominent, influential guy in our recruiting footprint and I can't see it factoring into whether or not they drafted a State player. Or conversely, what is the potential benefit of him being a State fan (as the Vikings COO, not as the B1G commissioner)? I just don't see how his dad being a big wig in Minnesota would make him untouchable.

As you can see by his new title he just wasn't a big wig in Minnesota. It's always good to have important people in your corner in all walks of life.

sandwolf
06-05-2019, 03:40 PM
As you can see by his new title he just wasn't a big wig in Minnesota. It's always good to have important people in your corner in all walks of life.
Oh I agree. And I can definitely see why having the B1G commissioner in your corner could potentially be beneficial....but I was assuming that this was an unknown when it was decided that he was not to be touched. But I guess you don't become the commissioner of a P5 conference without being very well connected in the world of college athletics...and our staff obviously would be aware of that, so I see what you were getting at now.