PDA

View Full Version : Small goes # 28 to Brewers

Ezsoil
06-03-2019, 09:15 PM
Maybe he starts in Biloxi

shoeless joe
06-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Brew crew likes these state pitchers.

Gonna hafta use the curve a little more at the next level and become a little more efficient if he is used as a starter.

TaleofTwoDogs
06-03-2019, 09:33 PM
Small's pick value is estimated at $2,49 million. His MLB draft bio mentions his Tommy John surgery when he was a sophomore. May have hurt is draft status.

RougeDawg
06-03-2019, 09:41 PM
How long are these guys locked up when they are drafted? In years.

shoeless joe
06-03-2019, 09:44 PM

Think there contract clock depends on MLB years

AlSwearengen
06-03-2019, 10:10 PM
Another 1st rounder.

Jack Lambert
06-03-2019, 10:29 PM
How many 1st rounders have we had the past five years?

Todd4State
06-04-2019, 01:08 AM
Small's pick value is estimated at $2,49 million. His MLB draft bio mentions his Tommy John surgery when he was a sophomore. May have hurt is draft status.

I don't think so. He was projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick by most experts. I think this makes MSU look good that he was able to recover and do well. It was also a pitching thin draft class which is one reason why I thought he would be in the first round.

Todd4State
06-04-2019, 01:12 AM

Once they make it to MLB they are with a team for six years until free agency. Of course most players can and do get contracts that lock them up or extend them beyond that.

parabrave
06-04-2019, 09:09 AM
Maybe he starts in Biloxi

TCan't wait to see him. thats makes 3 that will have played in biloxi

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2019, 10:01 AM
I don't think so. He was projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick by most experts. I think this makes MSU look good that he was able to recover and do well. It was also a pitching thin draft class which is one reason why I thought he would be in the first round.

Experts*

So called experts need to learn how to grade out Small's fastball before calling themselves experts.

Rick Danko
06-04-2019, 11:01 AM
So what are the chances he comes back?***

SmokeyDawg
06-04-2019, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here but heard Foxhall on Out Of Bounds say that the NCAA outlawed Small's double leg lift half way through the season. I didn't notice it myself. He then said "I'm not sure which coach we had played or were going to play but it obviously made Small even more dangerous" and named it the "Ethan Small rule" and not outlawed in mlb. First time I have heard him interview. Hope we can keep this staff together another year at least

The Federalist Engineer
06-04-2019, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here but heard Foxhall on Out Of Bounds say that the NCAA outlawed Small's double leg lift half way through the season. I didn't notice it myself. He then said "I'm not sure which coach we had played or were going to play but it obviously made Small even more dangerous" and named it the "Ethan Small rule" and not outlawed in mlb. First time I have heard him interview. Hope we can keep this staff together another year at least

Sounds like something Manieri would whine about

msbulldog
06-05-2019, 06:09 AM
http://i.giphy.com/g92PR2fvnj0OI.gif