PDA

View Full Version : Somebody on SPS say Gerri green flipped to OM

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Any truth to this?

Hard to imagine they flip him right after he tears his knee up, but maybe so.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 08:46 PM
It isn't true Cadaver. In an article today Green talked about what a tough call it was today to MSU to tell them about his knee injury. Nothing to see here and people just starting unfounded rumors.

I kinda wish we would delete this thread because its gets people stirring and asking Gerri questions. The last thing we need is family members, who feel like they are in know, reading this and being caught off guard by it. And then asking Gerri about it and putting it in his head. We don't need uninformed friends at school to start asking questions about his commitment.

You guys may feel differently, but I don't like the snowball that starts when a kids commitment begins to be in questioned. Can't help us.

Nothing wrong with starting the thread, but I think it should be deleted once its said to be incorrect.

msstate7
10-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Didn't someone on 247 start this today?

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm fine with deleting it, or better yet just change it to a locked thread that says," Gerri green is a Dawg, the rumors aren't true" or something. Otherwise someone else will end up asking it again,

Glad to know it isn't true thoug

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Didn't someone on 247 start this today?

Yes, the guy started out by saying it was a fact that Green would flip, and then said it was 70/30 he would flip. Then Paul Jones said OM was still recruiting him hard, but he felt Green would sign with MSU. Then Paul interviewed Green, and Green talked about calling MSU about his knee injury.

Therefore, unless OM has dropped about 100 K on Green this week, there is nothing to see here.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm fine with deleting it, or better yet just change it to a locked thread that says," Gerri green is a Dawg, the rumors aren't true" or something. Otherwise someone else will end up asking it again,

Glad to know it isn't true thoug

This would be fine as well.

Todd4State
10-23-2013, 08:57 PM
It's probably one of your typical Ole Miss planted thread trying to get people to say "we don't want him anyway!"

Let's just not fall for it.

Coach34
10-23-2013, 08:59 PM
As I posted in the other thread:

The boosters have pulled out until Bracky is removed and Mullen changes his tune. They are going to show the administration it's takes more than just the coaches. Expect a Merry-****ing-FlipMas this January. We arent recruiting the same way we did the last 2 seasons. And it will be obvious

Gonna be 2011 all over again

maroonmania
10-23-2013, 09:30 PM

The boosters have pulled out until Bracky is removed and Mullen changes his tune. They are going to show the administration it's takes more than just the coaches. Expect a Merry-****ing-FlipMas this January. We arent recruiting the same way we did the last 2 seasons. And it will be obvious

You are freakin' kidding me. We truly are MState. We have met the enemy and it is us.

GumpDawg
10-23-2013, 09:33 PM

I understand the logic, but how in the hell does this help persuade a coach to come here if Mullen bolts/gets canned? "Hey your our guy but we set you back another year with our recruiting efforts"

Wouldn't it just be better for the big boosters to make it known they aren't going to donate to the program instead?

preachermatt83
10-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I hate to say it but the boosters are doing what they should do, what they do at every other school...when they see need for a change they see to it that it is done.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 09:38 PM
My question for Bracky is: Whats the difference between not being able to recruit because our boosters pulled out and being on probation?

At least till we get caught, by cheating we have a chance to win some games. Much like Auburn.

coastdoglover
10-23-2013, 09:38 PM
All Scott has to do is send Bracky to another job and hire a competent compliance leader. That would be a start.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 09:41 PM
This is where OM is gonna get caught though. With guys like Chris Jones and Green. If they would leave our guys alone and we leave their guys alone, we could both happily exist in this state. But when they start trying to flip and buy off our recruits, thats when retaliation will happen and they will get caught.

Coach34
10-23-2013, 09:46 PM
All Scott has to do is send Bracky to another job and hire a competent compliance leader. That would be a start.

Dawggeezer knows whats up...Sometimes you have to prove a point to make people listen

engie
10-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Dawggeezer knows whats up...Sometimes you have to prove a point to make people listen

Yep.

But are we confident that our athletics administration cares enough about winning to get the point? Or will their antiquated idealism win out as it has thusfar?

deltadawg99
10-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Green is fine and isn't going to OM. He and his mom made trips this summer so they could weigh their options and make a decision.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 10:27 PM

What are the odds that this is why Mullen doesn't have the same intensity on the sidelines anymore?

I mean how upset can you reasonably get when you know your playing against a stacked deck?

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 10:29 PM
What are the odds that this is why Mullen doesn't have the same intensity on the sidelines anymore?

I mean how upset can you reasonably get when you know your playing against a stacked deck?

Or he could quit being a dick and embrace the boosters.

In other words, it may not be the boosters fault

Coach34
10-23-2013, 10:35 PM

Could definitely have something to do with it. He and Meyer are both like that. But the Magic Fairies are taking the year off I hear to force a change of some type. Either Mullen and Admin listens or we will lose and end up with a new coach that listens.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Could definitely have something to do with it. He and Meyer are both like that. But the Magic Fairies are taking the year off I hear to force a change of some type. Either Mullen and Admin listens or we will lose and end up with a new coach that listens.

I really wish the magic fairies and the administration could come to some resolution before it cost us a recruiting class. We are finally starting to accumulate some young talent, but if we take a year from recruiting, then we will regret that in 3 years when, like this year, we don't have any good older players.

MSU has to stop destroying itself.

darkhorse
10-23-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm sad to see our fans having to resort to such tactics but changes HAVE TO BE MADE!!!

bulldawg28
10-24-2013, 02:28 AM
People please stop blaming boosters on Mullen. If they want to pay a guy trust me they can and will without permission. No person in their right mind would cheat and jeopardize their future here or somewhere else in the future by getting caught by the NCAA at State. If nothing else Mullen learned what not to do from Jackie. Contrary to popular belief the boosters ruined MSU under Jackie it got out of control. Boosters have the worst egos. They kiss and tell like insecure teen boys.

FlabLoser
10-24-2013, 06:42 AM
Yep.

But are we confident that our athletics administration cares enough about winning to get the point? Or will their antiquated idealism win out as it has thusfar?

We need to start a letter writing campaign to help them get the point.

SignalToNoise
10-24-2013, 08:40 AM
We are so screwed.

I hate football.

fishwater99
10-24-2013, 10:28 AM
No need to worry. We are a Baseball school.... #2

maroonmania
10-24-2013, 10:58 AM
I really wish the magic fairies and the administration could come to some resolution before it cost us a recruiting class. We are finally starting to accumulate some young talent, but if we take a year from recruiting, then we will regret that in 3 years when, like this year, we don't have any good older players.

MSU has to stop destroying itself.

This whole idea of "taking a year off" is so moronic it sounds just like Mississippi State. Listen, if we dont keep some talent coming, what little we get compared to the rest of the SEC, then we are going to be the joke of the conference NO MATTER WHO THE COACH IS. I can tell you Mark Hudspeth can't win without some players either. One year off for us can easily send us straight to the bottom of the conference. You could easily make the argument now that we are performing about 12th out of 14 only ahead of KY and ARK. Yes, changes need to be made, but I dont see cutting off your nose to spite your face.

HancockCountyDog
10-24-2013, 11:01 AM
I've talked to two different people about Green, and there is nothing to worry about with him.

Op4isabitch
10-24-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm sad to see our fans having to resort to such tactics but changes HAVE TO BE MADE!!!

Look Sybil, take your ass back to the Rant. Your act is transparent.