PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thing about a potential Super-reginal opponent

Liverpooldawg
06-03-2019, 04:18 PM
Remember a few years ago when the California legislature passed a law preventing state money from being used for travel to a few states over something or another they disagreed with (I forgot the issue)? Mississippi was one of the states. It won't matter if it's Stanford as expected as they are a private school. What happens if Fresno State pulls the upset? Do we get a by? :cool:

Saltydog
06-03-2019, 04:27 PM
I don't think they'll follow thru with it but we shall see. If they stick to their guns, we should win by forfeiture. Very interesting nonetheless.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-03-2019, 04:33 PM
Remember a few years ago when the California legislature passed a law preventing state money from being used for travel to a few states over something or another they disagreed with (I forgot the issue)? Mississippi was one of the states. It won't matter if it's Stanford as expected as they are a private school. What happens if Fresno State pulls the upset? Do we get a by? :cool:

Probably might get a "bi"....the ban was LGBT related.

BulldogDX55
06-03-2019, 04:34 PM
I'm sure that's Fresno's atheletic department has private donations that could cover it.

Covercorner2
06-03-2019, 04:44 PM

Cal is playing football in Oxford this fall. Is Cal a private school?

Liverpooldawg
06-03-2019, 04:49 PM
Cal is playing football in Oxford this fall. Is Cal a private school?

Cal isn't private but there was grandfather clause for already scheduled and contracted events. As non-conference games between power 5 schools are scheduled years in advance I'm sure that game was grandfathered in. NCAA playoffs may be handled the same way I have no idea.