PDA

View Full Version : Football - What are going to be the new ESPN talking points

Lord McBuckethead
06-03-2019, 03:23 PM
What are going to be the new ESPN talking points that they mention literally every damn time they discuss our football team this year?
You know what I am talking about. The cringe worthy comment that they feel compelled to bring up every time they are breaking down the team.

Literally all they are going to talk about is Simmons, Sweat, and Abram missing from our lineup. They will not only discuss this in September, but they will continue to mention it in November. Mark it. Anything else like a 5 tool player comment you guys see is going to be said every drop of MSU breath?

Tbonewannabe
06-03-2019, 03:34 PM
I imagine they will talk about the Stevens - Moorhead connection if Stevens wins the starting job. It will probably be every series on offense.

R2Dawg
06-03-2019, 05:56 PM
Yeah they will be on the star departures as they should to start the season but as some of our D stars begin to show out the talk will shift to Thompson, Gay, Rivers, and company oh and our secondary.

On O I they will talk about losing Fitz but how we look to improve in passing game but we do return some major talent in the running game in Hill and Gibson. I think we are turning the corner on the non stop MSU bias/bashing. We actually get a decent amount of respect now. Only took 10 years of winning.

Leroy Jenkins
06-03-2019, 06:19 PM
Tom Luginbil will attempt to "clap" in the endzone over the sound of cowbells to demonstrate that you can't hear the QB. But he will neglect to mention the bells don't ring when the Center is over the ball.

TaleofTwoDogs
06-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Talking points:

1) Mullen and the challenge facing Moorhead and how tough it is to compete in the SEC
2) How long its been since State's last SEC championship
3) Losing to Iowa
4) Losing 3 first round picks - no way you can come back from that.
5) Inexperience at QB going to be tough to win in the conference
6) Definitely underachieved last year, new system was too hard and not sure we can turn it around this year.

DawgNamedScuba
06-03-2019, 07:02 PM
My talking points:

1: Transfers
2: Recruiting
3: Weight lost

chef dixon
06-03-2019, 07:42 PM
Liver smoothies

Lord McBuckethead
06-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Liver smoothies

Liver was Zuber, wasn't it?

RougeDawg
06-03-2019, 09:28 PM
I imagine they will talk about the Stevens - Moorhead connection if Stevens wins the starting job. It will probably be every series on offense.

Stevens is starting. Why are we still even debating this?

I?ve posted this numerous times. You will learn why in August. Just book it.

Leroy Jenkins
06-04-2019, 06:49 AM
Liver smoothies

Damnit. How could I forget liver smoothies...? Have some rep, sir.

Tbonewannabe
06-04-2019, 08:30 AM

I figured he would start but nothing is a given until the coaches announce it. If KT transferred then it is pretty much set in stone but I hope he takes a redshirt and is good to go as a Junior. That is the smart move unless Mayden and Schrader are already knocking on the door as better fits for Joe's offense.

chef dixon
06-04-2019, 08:34 AM
Liver was Zuber, wasn't it?

I think it was the A&M receiver Kirk

RiverCityDawg
06-04-2019, 09:12 AM
I figured he would start but nothing is a given until the coaches announce it. If KT transferred then it is pretty much set in stone but I hope he takes a redshirt and is good to go as a Junior. That is the smart move unless Mayden and Schrader are already knocking on the door as better fits for Joe's offense.

To avoid another thread similar to the one we had on this last time, RougeDawg is trying to tell you that he knows KT will not be available to play at least the first game. We'll see if he's right in August I guess. Props for his conviction.

RougeDawg
06-04-2019, 01:07 PM

Go back to basketball season. This has nothing to do with football.

gravedigger
06-04-2019, 01:52 PM

While a distinct probability, your stating it doesn?t rise to the level of proof.

Stevens will still have to show he can lead after the first game.

Jarius
06-04-2019, 02:21 PM

Joe went and got Stevens because KT sucks at throwing the ball. If he is suspended or not will not matter because he isn not what Joe is looking for.

RougeDawg
06-04-2019, 07:18 PM
While a distinct probability, your stating it doesn?t rise to the level of proof.

Stevens will still have to show he can lead after the first game.

This has nothing to do with Stevens. I?ve posted this for at least two months now, and when we were going after Kelly Bryant. Think basketball season. I have been attacked for months posting this when people were wondering why we were going after a transfer QB so vigorously.

The proof will come when it needs to be said. Hence why I stated to book mark a post back in late March.

gravedigger
06-04-2019, 09:22 PM
This has nothing to do with Stevens. I?ve posted this for at least two months now, and when we were going after Kelly Bryant. Think basketball season. I have been attacked for months posting this when people were wondering why we were going after a transfer QB so vigorously.

The proof will come when it needs to be said. Hence why I stated to book mark a post back in late March.

I understand. But leave it be for now.