PDA

View Full Version : Solid damn victory

Lord McBuckethead
06-03-2019, 01:51 AM
This was one of my favorite games I have watched in my life. Great team victory.
1. Plumlee pitched a great game.
2. The double play late in the game was both a good pitch and a great turn to 1st.
3. Mangum has broken the slump.
4. Westburg had a great group of at bats today.
5. Gordon, I was in the bathroom when I heard the Thor music come on. 3 days in a row of good pitching. Now take a rest for the next 5 days.

6. Good defense on the infield this weekend. Gilbert has turned a few double plays this weekend that has earned some praise.

Nothing negative to mention. Way to go.

chef dixon
06-03-2019, 09:01 AM
Nice to beat real teams to go to the supers

gravedigger
06-03-2019, 09:03 AM
delete

Tbonewannabe
06-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Our infield defense has improved. Westburg and Foscue finally look in sync out there.

StarkVegasSteve
06-03-2019, 10:30 AM
This was one of my favorite games I have watched in my life. Great team victory.
1. Plumlee pitched a great game.
2. The double play late in the game was both a good pitch and a great turn to 1st.
3. Mangum has broken the slump.
4. Westburg had a great group of at bats today.
5. Gordon, I was in the bathroom when I heard the Thor music come on. 3 days in a row of good pitching. Now take a rest for the next 5 days.

6. Good defense on the infield this weekend. Gilbert has turned a few double plays this weekend that has earned some praise.

Nothing negative to mention. Way to go.

The Dude was already rockin and then God's Gonna Cut You Down came on and a flip switched in that place and turned it up another notch.

Lord McBuckethead
06-03-2019, 10:51 AM
God's Gonna Cut You Down, you got that right. The place was hopping.

basedog
06-03-2019, 11:36 AM
It amazes me how some go "oh no here comes.....so and so to pitch. I guess some don't realize how good we are with 35-5 home record and only 12 losses or so.

We are a good baseball team with talent and coaches. Ye of little faith. amazing.

NCDawg
06-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Our infield defense has improved. Westburg and Foscue finally look in sync out there.

Westburg is a really good SS. I can't recall the last time I saw him make an error.

Lord McBuckethead
06-03-2019, 01:57 PM
Westburg is a really good SS. I can't recall the last time I saw him make an error.

Westburg had a (1) really bad game. Something makes me think it was aTm game 3? Happens to everyone. Fact is, we do not turn many double plays because two of our starters strike out half of everyone they face. We don't get double plays, cause we allow so few hits and BB, and we K everyone.

For instance, how many double plays do you remember us not getting that we should have? Not many. When they were there, we got them. We just didn't have that many opportunities.

Tbonewannabe
06-03-2019, 02:22 PM

Westburg is good but a lot of SS in the SEC have a good bit more range than he does. He really doesn't make a play that makes you say WOW. It isn't necessarily bad and you wouldn't trade his overall game for someone like Luke Alexander who might have better range but the bat isn't even comparable.

Jack Lambert
06-03-2019, 03:11 PM
Westburg is good but a lot of SS in the SEC have a good bit more range than he does. He really doesn't make a play that makes you say WOW. It isn't necessarily bad and you wouldn't trade his overall game for someone like Luke Alexander who might have better range but the bat isn't even comparable.

Isn't he an out fielder or other position and he is learning?