PDA

View Full Version : Super Regional schedule

CadaverDawg
06-02-2019, 11:45 PM
When will we know if we are Thurs-Sat or Fri-Sun, and game times?

Bdawg
06-02-2019, 11:47 PM
I hope the latter for Ginn's sake

Dare2Dv8
06-02-2019, 11:55 PM
When will we know if we are Thurs-Sat or Fri-Sun, and game times?

Think all supers are Fri-Sun, and Sat-Mon.

RougeDawg
06-02-2019, 11:57 PM
One side of the bracket will start Thursday and the other side Friday. Ncaa makes decision Tuesday I believe. Im sure with Ginn being iffy, we will get the Thursday start. It?s the MSU way.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2019, 11:59 PM
Think all supers are Fri-Sun, and Sat-Mon.

Oh ok

Todd4State
06-03-2019, 12:37 AM
One side of the bracket will start Thursday and the other side Friday. Ncaa makes decision Tuesday I believe. Im sure with Ginn being iffy, we will get the Thursday start. It?s the MSU way.

How about we win two and then it won't matter?

Todd4State
06-03-2019, 12:38 AM
If the Stanford regional goes into Monday I wonder if that is in our favor for a later Super Regional start?

RougeDawg
06-03-2019, 01:34 AM
How about we win two and then it won't matter?

Where did I suggest otherwise? I was simply stating the historical tendency of these types of situations involving MSU sports. But feel free to read something completely irrelevant to the post if you wish.

Todd4State
06-03-2019, 01:56 AM
Where did I suggest otherwise? I was simply stating the historical tendency of these types of situations involving MSU sports. But feel free to read something completely irrelevant to the post if you wish.

Sorry. I'm actually enjoying our win tonight.

MarketingBully
06-03-2019, 04:38 AM

It’s Friday and Saturday not Thursday and Friday and the regionals that ended tonight are the ones that will start Friday. So think OM-Ark, FSU-LSU, Aub-UNC, and Duke-Vandy. Those will be your early starters.

Dawgbite
06-03-2019, 07:53 AM
Wonder when it will be announced? Stanford vs Fresno doesn't even start til 10 pm eastern tonight. Long term forecast shows 80-90% thunderstorms for friday and saturday.

Todd4State
06-03-2019, 09:06 AM
Wonder when it will be announced? Stanford vs Fresno doesn't even start til 10 pm eastern tonight. Long term forecast shows 80-90% thunderstorms for friday and saturday.

I think they said 7 AM on Tuesday.

Captain Falcon
06-03-2019, 09:52 AM
It’s Friday and Saturday not Thursday and Friday and the regionals that ended tonight are the ones that will start Friday. So think OM-Ark, FSU-LSU, Aub-UNC, and Duke-Vandy. Those will be your early starters.

Don’t think this is necessarily true, they usually do Super dates based on sides of the bracket and those pairings you listed are on both sides of the bracket. One side of the bracket will start on Friday, the other side will start on Saturday.

Homedawg
06-03-2019, 10:18 AM
Don’t think this is necessarily true, they usually do Super dates based on sides of the bracket and those pairings you listed are on both sides of the bracket. One side of the bracket will start on Friday, the other side will start on Saturday.

This is correct.

smootness
06-03-2019, 10:25 AM
No matter what, we'll be in good shape. The only pitcher who might pitch on less than a full week's rest is Plumlee, and whoever we play will have had to play two games since our last one.

RocketDawg
06-03-2019, 02:39 PM
Anybody watching the Louisville/Illinois game? Louisville was up 3-1 in the top of the 9th, and there was a fly to center that should have ended the game. The center fielder booted the ball, another hit followed, and the game is tied 3-3 heading to the bottom of the 9th.

shoeless joe
06-03-2019, 02:58 PM
Anybody watching the Louisville/Illinois game? Louisville was up 3-1 in the top of the 9th, and there was a fly to center that should have ended the game. The center fielder booted the ball, another hit followed, and the game is tied 3-3 heading to the bottom of the 9th.

That big lefty closer for Louisville is a grade A douchebag

timotheus
06-03-2019, 05:09 PM
frsno vs stanford on espnu tonite at 9 CT

RocketDawg
06-03-2019, 07:45 PM
Watching a bit of the Oklahoma State/UConn game. The field they're playing on is in horrible shape. Maybe it's from all the rain they've had in OKC, but it looks terrible.

deadheaddawg
06-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Watching a bit of the Oklahoma State/UConn game. The field they're playing on is in horrible shape. Maybe it's from all the rain they've had in OKC, but it looks terrible.

I got it on in the background and I think they said it was the combination of the rain and they just finished the big 12 tournament.

They said it all came together very quickly. OSU was at the big 12 tournament when they realized they had to find an alternative and they literally just walked up to the ground crew and asked "what do y'all have going on next week"

RocketDawg
06-03-2019, 08:09 PM
I got it on in the background and I think they said it was the combination of the rain and they just finished the big 12 tournament.

They said it all came together very quickly. OSU was at the big 12 tournament when they realized they had to find an alternative and they literally just walked up to the ground crew and asked "what do y'all have going on next week"

I see, I think. I'm only halfway watching, so they're not on the OSU home field because it's flooded. Is this the home field of a minor league team? Looks like it would be OK other than the infield grass.

MarketingBully
06-04-2019, 07:49 AM
Don?t think this is necessarily true, they usually do Super dates based on sides of the bracket and those pairings you listed are on both sides of the bracket. One side of the bracket will start on Friday, the other side will start on Saturday.

We are playing Saturday-Monday...

Homedawg
06-04-2019, 08:06 AM
We are playing Saturday-Monday...

We are. But your reasoning was wrong. If the people that played Monday all started on Saturday, the. Why are UCLA/Mich, Louisville, Oklahoma st starting on Friday. ???

smootness
06-04-2019, 10:23 AM
I don't really understand why they don't have one whole side of the bracket play on Friday and the other on Saturday since those teams will also be on the same side in Omaha.

Martianlander
06-04-2019, 11:10 AM
I don't really understand why they don't have one whole side of the bracket play on Friday and the other on Saturday since those teams will also be on the same side in Omaha.

Now don't go using logic. You will get the NCAA all confused.