PDA

View Full Version : The East was overrated. The west was underrated

deadheaddawg
06-02-2019, 11:40 PM
I don't think vandy finishes higher than 3rd in the west.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-02-2019, 11:46 PM
UGA lost their regional, Florida was the first SEC team to get bounced, TN got bounced in the finals, Kentucky and SC and Mizzou didn't make it.

Compare that to: Us, Arky, LSU, and OM winning their regional, Auburn winning a regional, A&M got bounced in the finals, and Bama didn't make it.

West has 5 regional winners, East 1. Yeah it's not even kind of a debate

deadheaddawg
06-02-2019, 11:48 PM
I'm pissed at Georgia. They gave LSU super regional in baton rouge and a great shot at Omaha.

KOdawg1
06-02-2019, 11:59 PM
I'm pissed at Georgia. They gave LSU super regional in baton rouge and a great shot at Omaha.
I honestly think LSU would've beaten UGA in Athens anyway. Georgia is not that good

Dawg2003
06-03-2019, 12:00 AM
I always thought Georgia was a bit of a fraud.

Skydawg1
06-03-2019, 12:02 AM
I'm pissed at Georgia. They gave LSU super regional in baton rouge and a great shot at Omaha.I totally agree. But Georgia should not have been a higher seed than us. That being said, I'm thankful that the committee didn't seed us across from Baton Rouge.

deadheaddawg
06-03-2019, 12:03 AM
I honestly think LSU would've beaten UGA in Athens anyway. Georgia is not that good

Good point. I guess I forget my own thread about the east being overrated...lol at me

Skydawg1
06-03-2019, 12:34 AM
Good point. I guess I forget my own thread about the east being overrated...lol at meIf not for Auburn handing them that win in Hoover, LSU would have been a 2 seed, at best.

Liverpooldawg
06-03-2019, 12:41 AM
That may be the case, but Vandy is pretty dang good.

Todd4State
06-03-2019, 12:56 AM
I think Vanderbilt is as good as any team in the West. The rest of the East is strong nationally but the West is better.

MetEdDawg
06-03-2019, 05:02 AM
By the way for those of you playing at home, both Georgia Tech and Georgia got bounced by regionals with far inferior opponents to us. They should never been ahead of us but that right there shows how they reallybwerent that good. They didn't even draw their regionals to Monday

MarketingBully
06-03-2019, 06:02 AM
I could have told you Georgia was going to get bounced from their regional. There’s only so much you can do with pitching and defense if you don’t have the bats. That one was not surprising to me. Vandy, us, and Arkansas are going to be hard outs if we all get to Omaha. Unfortunately we are on Vandy’s side of the bracket. It may be a MSU/Vandy vs Arkansas CWS Final.

Tbonewannabe
06-03-2019, 09:59 AM
I am honestly not sure if the committee didn't just give us some help by not lining up with LSU or UM. LSU has voodoo on us and it is hard to beat a team 6 out of 7 times in one year in UM although Mangum owns them. UM is playing some good ball right now.

I will say that Miami was a tough draw and probably got shafted having to come to us. Stanford was predicted for a National Seed by several sites so that isn't exactly an easy Super Regional pairing.

JDOG72
06-04-2019, 12:03 PM

I saw a post that this has been the case an unbelievable number of times. It seems that the 1 seed opposite LSU always loses. Guess that Cajun Voodoo is for real!!