PDA

View Full Version : Putiing myself out there with this predicition

Coach007
06-02-2019, 02:41 PM
I have already stated I thought MSU will have a top 15 defense and top 30 offense. Baring injuries to key position (QB and WR being the 2 main concerns) This is my prediction:

Louisiana - Win
Southern Miss- Win
Kansas State- Win
Kentucky- Win
Auburn- Win
Tennessee- Win
LSU- Win
Texas A&M- Win
Arkansas- Win
Bama- Lose
Ole Miss- Win.

I don't see another SEC team beating Bama. and leaves us out of the SEC Championship, but in the playoffs.

I expect that our defense will actually be top 10 again with the LBs playing more of a factor. I believe our Offense will explode and be top 25. In fact, top 20. Ole miss last year had the #12 in the nation.... and I know this offense will be way ahead of theirs. Our Offense had 5,166 yards.... We would need 300ish yards (based on last years stats). or roughly 30 yards more per game on average to be 25th. However, I feel we will produce 1000+ more yards. That puts us top 15.

That's way early, but I felt confident with the addition of Stevens to accomplish it. Now even more so with the addition of Zuber.

Liverpooldawg
06-02-2019, 02:42 PM
Already drinking in the lounge at the early game I see. ;)

R2Dawg
06-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Hey we play Bama at home so if you are going 11-1 don't concede Bama just go for 12-0.

Theoretically we can win any of them, but realistically I'd say 2-2 on that Aub, UT, TAMU LSU stretch. I don't think our O can get much worse so if Joe gets the chemistry going, who knows we might sneak up in top 5 SEC offense. Do that and this team could be dangerous. Of course if we don't figure it out then 6-7 wins may happen.

TaleofTwoDogs
06-02-2019, 02:49 PM
This is all well and good but have you forgotten the Indian factor or that we are Mississippi State. Big omissions on your part. Sorry to bust your bubble. :(

Coach007
06-02-2019, 02:50 PM

LOL! But... I'm serious... I will own it if I am wrong. BUT I am putting my money where my mou.... finger tips are

Rick Danko
06-02-2019, 02:51 PM

I?ll have some of what he?s having

Coach007
06-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Hey we play Bama at home so if you are going 11-1 don't concede Bama just go for 12-0.

Theoretically we can win any of them, but realistically I'd say 2-2 on that Aub, UT, TAMU LSU stretch. I don't think our O can get much worse so if Joe gets the chemistry going, who knows we might sneak up in top 5 SEC offense. Do that and this team could be dangerous. Of course if we don't figure it out then 6-7 wins may happen.

To be honest, I think they have a down year if Tutu is injured. I don't see them being as good. BUT it IS Saban and it IS bama. So, let's see what the season brings and I HOPE and PRAY we have found the man that brings us to the next level.

Homedawg
06-02-2019, 03:09 PM
I have already stated I thought MSU will have a top 15 defense and top 30 offense. Baring injuries to key position (QB and WR being the 2 main concerns) This is my prediction:

Louisiana - Win
Southern Miss- Win
Kansas State- Win
Kentucky- Win
Auburn- Win
Tennessee- Win
LSU- Win
Texas A&M- Win
Arkansas- Win
Bama- Lose
Ole Miss- Win.

I don't see another SEC team beating Bama. and leaves us out of the SEC Championship, but in the playoffs.

I expect that our defense will actually be top 10 again with the LBs playing more of a factor. I believe our Offense will explode and be top 25. In fact, top 20. Ole miss last year had the #12 in the nation.... and I know this offense will be way ahead of theirs. Our Offense had 5,166 yards.... We would need 300ish yards (based on last years stats). or roughly 30 yards more per game on average to be 25th. However, I feel we will produce 1000+ more yards. That puts us top 15.

That's way early, but I felt confident with the addition of Stevens to accomplish it. Now even more so with the addition of Zuber.

That's a glass half full for sure. Half full of whiskey. Top 30 offense?? Oh my. I like the optimism. But just not realistic at all.

DownwardDawg
06-02-2019, 03:18 PM
I?ll have some of what he?s having

Me too!!!! I love the optimism though!!! Keep it up brother!!!

Marvin
06-02-2019, 03:21 PM
8-4

BrunswickDawg
06-02-2019, 03:27 PM
I'm about the most optimistic guy on here and I'm not going out on an 11-1 limb.

However, I will say that I don't feel like we can't compete with any team on our schedule other than Bama. We could win 11, but I think 8 or 9 is more in the realm of possibility with 7 as a floor.

mparkerfd20
06-02-2019, 03:31 PM
If I drank twice as much as you obviously have I wouldn't pick us to win 9 much less 11. I hope alzheimers doesn't kick in as early for me.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2019, 03:37 PM

Louisiana - Win
Southern Miss- Win
Kansas State- Win
Kentucky- Win
Auburn- Win
Tennessee- Win
LSU- Win
Texas A&M- Win
Arkansas- Win
Bama- Lose
Ole Miss- Win.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c52fc7639fb40d2984599f0cc12376bd/tenor.gif?itemid=3885463

Coach007
06-02-2019, 03:44 PM
I'm about the most optimistic guy on here and I'm not going out on an 11-1 limb.

However, I will say that I don't feel like we can't compete with any team on our schedule other than Bama. We could win 11, but I think 8 or 9 is more in the realm of possibility with 7 as a floor.

I'm agreeing with you... I just think we have a different mentality in our players this year. These guys see a coach willing to go all out. If you have a coach willing to go all out.... you go all out.

And that's the difference for me in the LSU, Tamu, and Auburn games. And those are the only games I see have "hard fought wins"

somebodyshotmypaw
06-02-2019, 04:00 PM
I don't think our defensive tackles will allow us to be a top 15 defense while playing in the SEC. Depth and experience won't be there.

Dawgology
06-02-2019, 04:07 PM
9-3 tops. Floor is 6-6. I see us landing in the 7-5/8-4 range. FYI I’d be super happy with 8-4 this year

msstate7
06-02-2019, 04:16 PM
9-3 tops. Floor is 6-6. I see us landing in the 7-5/8-4 range. FYI I’d be super happy with 8-4 this year

I agree.

DownwardDawg
06-02-2019, 04:18 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/c52fc7639fb40d2984599f0cc12376bd/tenor.gif?itemid=3885463

Hahaha!!! Great clip!!!

DownwardDawg
06-02-2019, 04:19 PM
9-3

Coach007
06-02-2019, 04:25 PM
I don't think our defensive tackles will allow us to be a top 15 defense while playing in the SEC. Depth and experience won't be there.

I disagree, but that's ok.

Autry, Jones, DL transfer Love, Rivers, Adams, Spencer, K Jones, etc. It might not be as strong as last year, BUT IT IS STRONG. And the DC usage of LBs will help the younger ones!

Coach34
06-02-2019, 06:36 PM
Wow. I dont know where to start.

A team that struggled offensively last year and lost its 2 best OL guys and a QB that was signed by the NFL is gonna be better with a QB that has never started a college game or one with 2 career starts? A team that its WR group is maybe 10th best in the SEC? A team that if one of their 2 TB's gets injured is really in trouble?

But defensively that lost..... count them- 3 1st round draft picks- is gonna match its production? We lost 3 starters in the Secondary and our entire DL- but we still gonna be top 10 on D? Dp you really believe we have recruited that well??? Holy shit.

We are a 7-8 win team that with everything going our way steals a 9th win. And after what we lose this Fall- 2020 will be rough.

dantheman4248
06-02-2019, 06:48 PM

A team that struggled offensively last year and lost its 2 best OL guys and a QB that was signed by the NFL is gonna be better with a QB that has never started a college game or one with 2 career starts? A team that its WR group is maybe 10th best in the SEC? A team that if one of their 2 TB's gets injured is really in trouble?

But defensively that lost..... count them- 3 1st round draft picks- is gonna match its production? We lost 3 starters in the Secondary and our entire DL- but we still gonna be top 10 on D? Dp you really believe we have recruited that well??? Holy shit.

We are a 7-8 win team that with everything going our way steals a 9th win. And after what we lose this Fall- 2020 will be rough.

Schedule is a lot easier though. There are 8 games that are gimmes on the schedule. (4 non-con, 2 cross-con, Arky, OM). We've had A&M's #. We get LSU and Bama at home. Auburn on the road. I could see that team going anywhere from 6 wins at worst to 11 wins at best and it not being a whole lot better than last year. Auburn seems to have odd year magic, but I don't trust Malzahn and I think he's on his last leg. Not out of the question to be an 11 win team with this squad and be about the same caliber as last year.

Comparing last season to this year. Kentucky is much worse, Tennessee is easier than Florida. We beat A&M and Auburn each by two scores. LSU was a single digit loss. Alabama is the only "out of the question" game we have on the schedule.

Jack Lambert
06-02-2019, 06:50 PM
This is all well and good but have you forgotten the Indian factor or that we are Mississippi State. Big omissions on your part. Sorry to bust your bubble. :(

Jack is on the other side fighting those Indians for us.

cheewgumm
06-02-2019, 06:53 PM
We won?t be as good as we were last year. BAmA, no, LSU no, Auburn no, AM no. Arkansas might not be terrible. And KState at home will be tough.

We can win 8, maybe. Maybe.

Coach007
06-02-2019, 06:55 PM

Maybe don't??? I understand you are a coach, and I won't demean that. However, I have seen well more than enough to know that you are wrong. Many many times.

A team that struggled offensively last year and lost its 2 best OL guys

Has nothing to do with completing passes or knowing an offense.

and a QB that was signed by the NFL

I respect Fitz. However, he was not a passer. WE both know that is what is required by Moorhead. TO try and equate the 2 is more than a falsehood.

is gonna be better with a QB that has never started a college game or one with 2 career starts? A team that its WR group is maybe 10th best in the SEC? A team that if one of their 2 TB's gets injured is really in trouble?

Blaming the wrs over the lack of a QB seeing the field is dishonest. Stating that the WRs are the issue over accuracy on a regular basis is dishonest.

But defensively that lost..... count them- 3 1st round draft picks- is gonna match its production?

I never stated match their production. NEVER did I claim they would be the #1 defense this year. THAT would be matching.

We lost 3 starters in the Secondary and our entire DL- but we still gonna be top 10 on D? Dp you really believe we have recruited that well??? Holy shit.

Yes. I do. I also feel that we have developed and they have enough experience that we will.

Coach007
06-02-2019, 06:57 PM
We won?t be as good as we were last year. BAmA, no, LSU no, Auburn no, AM no. Arkansas might not be terrible. And KState at home will be tough.

We can win 8, maybe. Maybe.

We will be waaaaay better than last season. The QB alone having been in the system for 3 years is way above where Fitz and the WRS would be.

msstate7
06-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Schedule is a lot easier though. There are 8 games that are gimmes on the schedule. (4 non-con, 2 cross-con, Arky, OM). We've had A&M's #. We get LSU and Bama at home. Auburn on the road. I could see that team going anywhere from 6 wins at worst to 11 wins at best and it not being a whole lot better than last year. Auburn seems to have odd year magic, but I don't trust Malzahn and I think he's on his last leg. Not out of the question to be an 11 win team with this squad and be about the same caliber as last year.

Comparing last season to this year. Kentucky is much worse, Tennessee is easier than Florida. We beat A&M and Auburn each by two scores. LSU was a single digit loss. Alabama is the only "out of the question" game we have on the schedule.

This decade, we're 2-5 on the road at aTm and auburn; we've won 1 time at each. 2015 was the year we won at auburn (2-6 they finished in the sec), and we had dak, 17-9 final. We won at aTm in 2017; we blew em out, and they fired sumlin. I'm not sure why y'all feel good at all about these road games

somebodyshotmypaw
06-02-2019, 07:13 PM
I disagree, but that's ok.

Autry, Jones, DL transfer Love, Rivers, Adams, Spencer, K Jones, etc. It might not be as strong as last year, BUT IT IS STRONG. And the DC usage of LBs will help the younger ones!

Rivers, Adams, Spencer, and K Jones played DE. If we move them to DT, then who plays DE? My concern is DT, not DE. Because I was talking about DT depth and experience.

Coach007
06-02-2019, 07:16 PM
Rivers, Adams, Spencer, and K Jones played DE. If we move them to DT, then who plays DE? My concern is DT, not DE. Because I was talking about DT depth and experience.

Wha????

What???

BogeyGolfer
06-02-2019, 07:28 PM

Louisiana - Win
Southern Miss- Win
Kansas State- Win
Kentucky- Win
Auburn- Win
Tennessee- Win
LSU- Win
Texas A&M- Win
Arkansas- Win
Bama- Lose
Ole Miss- Win.

So...with the best D in the country and a senior QB with experienced O-line, we could only win 8 games. We couldn't beat UK, UF or Iowa all of which should have been W's, we are going to run the table ( Bama excluded) with two inexperienced QB's, neither of which have played an entire season? Couple that with the fact that we lost 3 first rounders of D....Whatever you say**** 7 wins 8 max in 2019.....

Coach34
06-02-2019, 07:36 PM
We will be waaaaay better than last season. The QB alone having been in the system for 3 years is way above where Fitz and the WRS would be.

Fitz was signed as a QB by the NFL- you dumb mf'ers acting like he was some incompetent Chris Relf type of passer is laughable. Fitz spun the ball better than Tyler Russell who so many message board warriors was sure to be headed to the NFL. Our WR's are not very good- blaming Fitz for their problems has been so misconstrued. Again- Fred Ross- who is the closest player to an NFL WR we have had since Moulds caught 70 damn passes from Fitz. He didnt have a problem putting up numbers with Fitz- so why do the others have so much trouble? Let me help you- because they arent worth a shit. They arent going to be worth a shit no matter who the QB is.

We will miss Fitz this Fall- bank on it

Coach34
06-02-2019, 07:38 PM
So...with the best D in the country and a senior QB with experienced O-line, we could only win 8 games. We couldn't beat UK, UF or Iowa all of which should have been W's, we are going to run the table ( Bama excluded) with two inexperienced QB's, neither of which have played an entire season? Couple that with the fact that we lost 3 first rounders of D....Whatever you say**** 7 wins 8 max in 2019.....

+1

Coach007
06-02-2019, 07:39 PM

We had the best D in the nation and will not this year. It will be top ten.

We had a Senior QB who was new to a system and we could only win 8 because he was not use to the system and could NOT see the field. Correct.

We should have beaten UF..... and you know why.

The fact is we had a new system that WAS NOT built for a Mullen QB.

Time will tell

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-02-2019, 07:41 PM

While I agree that we are a 7-8 win team, here's my counter to what you said:

Yes we lose 2 of our top 3 OL, but Williams will be fantastic at C, Reese will be a great fit at OG, and the OT's will be more athletic this year. it's also year 2 under Johnson so they should have a better grasp of the O.

Yes Fitzgerald was a QB that got drafted... but as a TE. Yes Stevens hasn't started a college game... because he was behind one of the best QB's in the country.

Yes we only have 2 proven guys at RB but both can carry it 20+ times a game so it's not like one being out a couple games isn't going to affect our O unless the other also goes down.

Yes our WR group sucks BUT there's no doubt they'll be better than last year with the extra year of coaching and Zuber.

Yes we lost 3 of the secondary, but Dantzler is the best CB in the conference and we have several very good DBs... Cole, Smitherman, and Landrews played a lot last year and none of thhem ever got exposed, and Marcus Murphy is a baler.

yes we lost our starting DL but there's no doubt DE is still an above average group.

Lastly, Shoop is really really good and he's got possibly the best LB core in the conference. I think the D will be worse than top 15 but it should be top 25 imo

msstate7
06-02-2019, 07:50 PM
While I agree that we are a 7-8 win team, here's my counter to what you said:

Yes we lose 2 of our top 3 OL, but Williams will be fantastic at C, Reese will be a great fit at OG, and the OT's will be more athletic this year. it's also year 2 under Johnson so they should have a better grasp of the O.

Yes Fitzgerald was a QB that got drafted... but as a TE. Yes Stevens hasn't started a college game... because he was behind one of the best QB's in the country.

Yes we only have 2 proven guys at RB but both can carry it 20+ times a game so it's not like one being out a couple games isn't going to affect our O unless the other also goes down.

Yes our WR group sucks BUT there's no doubt they'll be better than last year with the extra year of coaching and Zuber.

Yes we lost 3 of the secondary, but Dantzler is the best CB in the conference and we have several very good DBs... Cole, Smitherman, and Landrews played a lot last year and none of thhem ever got exposed, and Marcus Murphy is a baler.

yes we lost our starting DL but there's no doubt DE is still an above average group.

Lastly, Shoop is really really good and he's got possibly the best LB core in the conference. I think the D will be worse than top 15 but it should be top 25 imo

You mention both RBs can carry 20 times a game... I wish! Only once did a rb carry 20 times for us last year, auburn... we then dropped the best possible offensive game plan we had all year for our personnel.

Dantzler is good, but best in the sec? Come on mane... Fulton, carter, and Henderson are probably better; Fulton and Henderson for sure.

I think Stevens is an upgrade; but Franklin just letting him so without giving tommy the assurance he wanted is kinda telling to me. Stevens is a solid player... in no way is he a savior though (I know you didn't say he was)

Coach34
06-02-2019, 07:55 PM
You mention both RBs can carry 20 times a game... I wish! Only once did a rb carry 20 times for us last year, auburn... we then dropped the best possible offensive game plan we had all year for our personnel.

Dantzler is good, but best in the sec? Come on mane... Fulton, carter, and Henderson are probably better; Fulton and Henderson for sure.

I think Stevens is an upgrade; but Franklin just letting him so without giving tommy the assurance he wanted is kinda telling to me. Stevens is a solid player... in no way is he a savior though (I know you didn't say he was)

If Stevens was really good- Penn State doesnt let him go. He has never started a college game but our fans think he is gonna be an SEC- All-Star with an average at best WR group???? GTFO

Coach007
06-02-2019, 08:04 PM
Fitz was signed as a QB by the NFL- you dumb mf'ers acting like he was some incompetent Chris Relf type of passer is laughable.

I HOPE HE DOES EXTREMELY WELL because it raises the profile of MS ST... But Fitz WAS NOT drafted. His record speaks for itself. He was not a great passer. He was horrible in Moorhead's system, not due to the system but due to his passing or lack there of.

He threw for 51% last year with 9 ints vs 16 TDs passing.

Fred Ross- who is the closest player to an NFL WR we have had since Moulds caught 70 damn passes from Fitz. He didnt have a problem putting up numbers with Fitz- so why do the others have so much trouble? Let me help you- because they arent worth a shit. They arent going to be worth a shit no matter who the QB is.

OR maybe because the system changed and Fitz did had to through down field more and did not see the open man.

Coach34
06-02-2019, 08:08 PM
You hold on to that this Fall when our offense is no better

We will miss Fitz in 2019

Coach007
06-02-2019, 08:09 PM
If Stevens was really good- Penn State doesnt let him go. He has never started a college game but our fans think he is gonna be an SEC- All-Star with an average at best WR group???? GTFO

Steven's issues started WAY before this year. They mismanaged his injury. They played him hurt and caused greater damage. This is on Franklin. YES! I KNOW this kid is better in THIS system than Fitz was in 1 year.

Coach007
06-02-2019, 08:11 PM
You hold on to that this Fall when our offense is no better

We will miss Fitz in 2019

So long as you hold on to this when it is!

I don't blame Fitz, but he was never asked to do what he was asked until last year, and it was bad. Had he gotten 2 years, YEP, I think he could be a 60% passer.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Wha????

What???

I stated that I was concerned about DT depth and experience (I didn't mention DE). Then you started mentioning our defensive ends. I'm talking defensive tackles.

It's like if I say "I'm worried about our tight ends", and another poster says "we have Guidry, Whop, Thomas, Osiris, etc."

dantheman4248
06-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Fitz was signed as a Special Teamer / 3rd String Project QB. He's signed on athletic talent, not QB ability. Arians believes he could possibly coach him to become a serviceable backup someday while also using his skillset as a special teamer.

Acting like his loss is insurmountable is showing a lack of understanding on how football work. He was talented for sure, but he did not fit the system.

And I'm not saying it's "gimme" that we win 11 games. There is an argument to be made that we have 8 games that I'd put us at 75% or greater of winning. And 3 that are somewhere beteween 40-60% chance. Alabama is less than 10%.

Sometimes you land on head 3 times in a row when tossing a coin.

Coach34
06-02-2019, 08:37 PM
Many of you are going to be disappointed come November

Coach007
06-02-2019, 08:52 PM
I stated that I was concerned about DT depth and experience (I didn't mention DE). Then you started mentioning our defensive ends. I'm talking defensive tackles.

It's like if I say "I'm worried about our tight ends", and another poster says "we have Guidry, Whop, Thomas, Osiris, etc."

Ok... I'm on the same page now. :)

We will have an experience depth issue. Which means the DC will change his approach to this season. We will rely on more pressure from the Lbs and the DBs while the YOUNGER talent (which we have) develops.

Coach007
06-02-2019, 08:54 PM
Many of you are going to be disappointed come November

I would rather be disappointed with decent expectations then WALLOW in pity and whine about the man I wanted gone actually being gone

R2Dawg
06-02-2019, 09:39 PM

Conservatively, I agree 7-8 but Auburn, UT, and maybe TAMU I don't think are worlds better than we are. Also if Jo is the man, then he gets the O going this year just because it is year 2 and he has more of his guy here.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-02-2019, 11:25 PM
Coach I'm going to call you delusional for thinking we miss Fitz this year.

Remember vs Iowa when Guidry dropped that pass? Yeah well in his defense Fitz wasn't even trying to throw to him.

Or remember vs Bama when we ran the flea flicker and the #1 option was literally 10 yards behind the defender? yeah well idk what Fitz was looking at because he literally didn't throw it and he took a sack

Or how about LSU when he was 4-19 with 3 ints? Guess that's all on the WR's too. Lets not forget about him mentally shutting down at Kentucky, him staring the Florida blitz coming for 20 yards and doing nothing till he was sacked, all the inaccurate throws, or all the times he refused to give the ball to the RB and kept it for 1-3 yards up the middle. He wasn't even as fast as he used to be after that injury.

Fact is everyone of us with eyes could see that Fitz couldn't go through more than 2 progressions, that he had no idea what he was looking for pre-snap, that he was extremely inaccurate, that he mentally shut down, and that he was a ball hog. The fact you not only can't see it, but actually think he was GOOD, is astounding

BuckyIsAB****
06-03-2019, 10:50 AM

Yawn

Coach007
06-03-2019, 08:54 PM
I am as proud of Fitz as anybody... but he was not the passer Dak was, and Dak is not the passer Stevens is at the same point in time.

RougeDawg
06-03-2019, 09:32 PM

8 was the floor last season and we landed head first on it. FWIW

bluelightstar
06-03-2019, 10:04 PM
I am as proud of Fitz as anybody... but he was not the passer Dak was, and Dak is not the passer Stevens is at the same point in time.

Gotta stop you there -- I think you are forgetting how damn good Dak was as a 5th year senior.

dantheman4248
06-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Gotta stop you there -- I think you are forgetting how damn good Dak was as a 5th year senior.

Finish reading his comment all the way through next time. “At the same point in time.”

Homedawg
06-03-2019, 10:39 PM

Say what?? What are you basing this great passing prowess that Stevens has on? You been to penn st practice? Cause you haven't seen it in games. He hasn't played to amount to anything

msstate7
06-03-2019, 10:51 PM
Finish reading his comment all the way through next time. “At the same point in time.”

Even that's a major stretch... Stevens has thrown 41 total collegiate passes. Dak threw 396 his junior year with a 151.72 rating in the sec

bluelightstar
06-03-2019, 10:54 PM
Even that's a major stretch... Stevens has thrown 41 total collegiate passes. Dak threw 396 his junior year with a 151.72 rating in the sec

Yeah, I read the comment. What’s the basis for Stevens > Dak after 4 years of college? And I’ll bet dollars to doughnuts Stevens isn’t on Dak’s level for next season either.

dantheman4248
06-04-2019, 12:43 AM

I didn’t necessarily agree with it. Noticed the idiotic comment not reading what was clearly typed there and arguing a different point so called it out. Have no idea how good Stevens actually is / will be. Not deep diving film on him unless he is named starter.

Jarius
06-04-2019, 04:18 AM
Fitz was signed as a QB by the NFL- you dumb mf'ers acting like he was some incompetent Chris Relf type of passer is laughable. Fitz spun the ball better than Tyler Russell who so many message board warriors was sure to be headed to the NFL. Our WR's are not very good- blaming Fitz for their problems has been so misconstrued. Again- Fred Ross- who is the closest player to an NFL WR we have had since Moulds caught 70 damn passes from Fitz. He didnt have a problem putting up numbers with Fitz- so why do the others have so much trouble? Let me help you- because they arent worth a shit. They arent going to be worth a shit no matter who the QB is.

We will miss Fitz this Fall- bank on it

We may miss Fitz this fall but it won't be because he's any good as a passer. That says more about what we have on campus than his ability throwing the ball if it turns out to be true. He was drafted as a Taysom Hill type project to run a wildcat package. No one doubts his athleticism.

RiverCityDawg
06-04-2019, 06:15 AM
Dak is not the passer Stevens is at the same point in time.

Woah. What's that old saying?... "It takes a lifetime to build a reputation, but only one post to discredit everything you've ever said before"? Something like that at least.

I've been as pro-Stevens as anyone on these boards, but we will be damn lucky if Stevens as a senior is half the passer Dak was as a senior. Hell I'd take Stevens being "only" as good as Dak was as a junior. Maybe he will there's just nothing tangible to say that will be the case other than blind optimism.

BogeyGolfer
06-04-2019, 06:30 AM

Dak was a better QB in 2015 than in 2014 although our record did not reflect it...Comparing Stevens to Dak makes you lose credibility.

bluelightstar
06-04-2019, 09:00 AM
I didn?t necessarily agree with it. Noticed the idiotic comment not reading what was clearly typed there and arguing a different point so called it out. Have no idea how good Stevens actually is / will be. Not deep diving film on him unless he is named starter.

You clearly are "not reading" what I typed, so it's interesting that you'd try to make that point.

dantheman4248
06-04-2019, 09:34 AM
You clearly are "not reading" what I typed, so it's interesting that you'd try to make that point.

We haven’t seen Stevens’ 5th year as a passer so how you can compare him to Dak’s 5th year and think that is the “same point in time” is a mystery to me.

TrapGame
06-04-2019, 10:29 AM
If we go 8-4 and have pretty decent season (no blowout losses) will that really shut anybody up?

I think we have the real potential to go 9-3. Would that shut anybody up?

Maroonthirteen
06-04-2019, 10:36 AM
I think that Tennessee game is going to be tougher than people realize. They will be improved this year.

msstate7
06-04-2019, 10:39 AM
If we go 8-4 and have pretty decent season (no blowout losses) will that really shut anybody up?

I think we have the real potential to go 9-3. Would that shut anybody up?

I will shut up for sure if we go 8-4

TrapGame
06-04-2019, 10:51 AM
I will shut up for sure if we go 8-4

https://media0.giphy.com/media/I5xVnGJRHZZf2/giphy.gif

Jarius
06-04-2019, 11:39 AM
I think that Tennessee game is going to be tougher than people realize. They will be improved this year.

And I think the Texas A&M, Auburn, and LSU games are going to be tougher for the opposing team than our fans realize. This idea that we Should all heavily worry about the games that we are slightly favored in but not even consider the fact that we are going to be an extremely tough out for teams that we are slight underdogs in is mind boggling.

Coach007
06-04-2019, 12:33 PM
Like I said.. I out myself out there with this. Will own up to it. If the OL is bad, then we know what to expect. If he has the protection, I stand by my statement

HancockCountyDog
06-04-2019, 04:52 PM
What is getting lost in all of this is that going from a Mullen system to a JOMO system really puts pressure on playmakers because you are playing 10 on 11. If you are not going to have a running threat at QB that can convert that 3rd and 2 at the 50 yard line, and you have to pass it, you need to have a good QB and good WR's to make that happen.

What Mullen's offense did was play 11 on 11 with a big damn QB getting 1st downs consistently or requiring teams to spy on the QB and keep extra men in the box. In addition, we don't have traditional OL that pass block well. We really haven't for a while. Our OL is built to RTGDF. Putting them in situations where they have to block SEC level DE's is a recipe for disaster.

I wish we were gettign the Mullen offense with Key this year and about 400 carries between Key and Kylin. I'm concerned we will be more "balanced". Last time I heard balanced was 2012 when we had an immobile QB and I had to watch the confederates eat our OL's lunch all damn day because we were forcing our guys to pass block instead of run block.

I hope JOMO figures it out. He did last year when he rode Fitz to 8 wins. If he had been hard headed, he might have been out of a job. I just hope he doesn't try and establish his "system" this year.

Just checking in - y'all go about your business and I'll see y'all in Omaha.

Coach007
06-05-2019, 12:31 AM
What is getting lost in all of this is that going from a Mullen system to a JOMO system really puts pressure on playmakers because you are playing 10 on 11. If you are not going to have a running threat at QB that can convert that 3rd and 2 at the 50 yard line, and you have to pass it, you need to have a good QB and good WR's to make that happen.

This is wrong. The QB is a threat to run in every play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNNtxvkN4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHdxeGtjPOc

These are his power reads...