PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else concerned?

Bdaski
06-01-2019, 12:18 PM
I'm concerned we threw 5 pitchers yesterday this early in the tournament. We desperately need for our offense to crank up and reverse the pitching pressure on CM tonight. I'm hoping Southern beats Miami and uses more of their arms. I've thought our biggest challenge in this tournament was the lack of consistent arms. But, we've got to score some runs and be very disciplined at the plate. I guess we'll see how it plays out tonight. Go DAWGS!!!

klong-dog
06-01-2019, 12:36 PM
I'm concerned we threw 5 pitchers yesterday this early in the tournament. We desperately need for our offense to crank up and reverse the pitching pressure on CM tonight. I'm hoping Southern beats Miami and uses more of their arms. I've thought our biggest challenge in this tournament was the lack of consistent arms. But, we've got to score some runs and be very disciplined at the plate. I guess we'll see how it plays out tonight. Go DAWGS!!!

But if anyone can handle it, would be him. The positive, you get more guys let their feet get wet, so to speak.. I think we're ok. What's most concerning is Ginn's health. Assuming we prevail.

Cooterpoot
06-01-2019, 12:37 PM
We’re fine. Bartles and James and White.

MetEdDawg
06-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Here's best case scenario:

Small goes 7
We have a big enough lead to let one of the lefties pitch
We have a big enough lead to let Self finish it out

No BS Dawg
06-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Yes, I am concerned. If we can get 7+ out of Small tonight, and without extra innings, I think everything falls back into place with our pitching. We have to have better at bats too. I hate seeing Miami jump all over Southern in the first against what is supposed to be their best pitcher. That's what we should have been able to do yesterday. Our bats need to help our pitchers in a big way.

DancingRabbit
06-01-2019, 12:43 PM
Four pitchers. Except for Ginn, I'm not too worried. Hope he's fine to go next week.

WSOPdawg
06-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Yes, I am concerned. If we can get 7+ out of Small tonight, and without extra innings, I think everything falls back into place with our pitching. We have to have better at bats too. I hate seeing Miami jump all over Southern in the first against what is supposed to be their best pitcher. That's what we should have been able to do yesterday. Our bats need to help our pitchers in a big way.

I keep waiting for Small's best game of the season where his pitch count allows him to gets into the 9th. Fingers crossed it's today, but the way Central MI can swing the bats and work the pitcher, probably not today.

Todd4State
06-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Here's best case scenario:

Small goes 7
We have a big enough lead to let one of the lefties pitch
We have a big enough lead to let Self finish it out

Best case is we have a big enough lead that we can run Cerentola out there.

MetEdDawg
06-01-2019, 01:36 PM
Best case is we have a big enough lead that we can run Cerentola out there.

Yeah I suppose getting him an inning would be nice. We need him to be able to throw strikes in a big time environment. Maybe that will help him up his game

Johnson85
06-01-2019, 02:05 PM
I'm not concerned. Yesterday convinced me it'd be a miracle if we get out of this regional, so it's house money from here on out. **

Lord McBuckethead
06-01-2019, 02:11 PM
I wish small could pitch for grounders a little more. Hell pitch for pop ups. Don't care. When we get to Omaha, pop ups equal wins with low pitch counts. SEE UCLA 2013.

gravedigger
06-01-2019, 02:11 PM

as concerned as any regional weve played in since 1979

I will say now I dont know what to think.

I have it on good authority that if we played them 100 times with small on the mound, we'd win 100 of those games.

and yet......there's no guarantee.

BankerDog
06-01-2019, 02:20 PM
At this point, Smith needs to bump up to the #3 guy and Plum #2. Ginn needs to be moved to relief. If there is a problem already, wait until next year when draft talk gets flared up. Only way we can effective use out of him is through relief.

Cowbell
06-01-2019, 02:58 PM
I honestly think this is the game that decides whether we are a CWS team. Our offense has to start strong for Ethan for once.

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 02:59 PM
as concerned as any regional weve played in since 1979

I will say now I dont know what to think.

I have it on good authority that if we played them 100 times with small on the mound, we'd win 100 of those games.

and yet......there's no guarantee.

Learn to read.

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 03:00 PM
I'm more worried about having to beat Miami Once with no Small or Ginn than I am winning tonight. If we can't beat CMU with the SEC pitcher of the Year on the hill, we don't deserve to even put our cleats on again this year

robert
06-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Top 4 in our line up went 2 for 15 against So. U pitching.

Hopefully that changes today.

gravedigger
06-01-2019, 03:28 PM
Learn to read.

Super Moderator

CadaverDawg's Avatar Join Date
Apr 2013
vCash
Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
1. There is NEVER a guarantee in baseball. Ever. To even think there is....... is flawed.

That's why I said, "not a guarantee"

I agree that they're hot, but we should beat this team 100 out of 100 times with Small pitching. Zero excuse to lose today

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

CadaverDawg's Avatar Join Date
Apr 2013
vCash
Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
1. There is NEVER a guarantee in baseball. Ever. To even think there is....... is flawed.

That's why I said, "not a guarantee"

I agree that they're hot, but we should beat this team 100 out of 100 times with Small pitching. Zero excuse to lose today

Can you not comprehend? You're making my point for me. I said there are no guarantees, but we SHOULD win 100 out of 100 vs them with Small on the mound. Everything about what I said is factual. Are we not favored tonight with Small on the mound? We would be favored 100 out of 100 times with Small on the mound vs this team...therefore we SHOULD beat them every time with this matchup. Am I missing something? Are you slow? How are we still talking about this?

Example (since you're clearly mentally challenged): If my fat ass raced Jake Mangum 100 times, he should beat me 100 out of 100. However, there are no guarantees. He could pull a hammy, or I could strap a jet pack on my ass....so "NO GUARANTEES, BUT HE SHOULD BEAT ME 100 OUT OF 100 TIMES". Clear enough for you? You're wrong, you misrepresented what I said, but no need to apologize. I'm good. Let's move on

Bothrops
06-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Our offense is going to have to crank it up more.

TNDawg35
06-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Only thing I’m concerned with at this point is this Taco Bell I just ate...

West Tn Dawg
06-01-2019, 05:40 PM
If you're a MSU fan, you're always concerned. I know they have took 10 years off my life.

gravedigger
06-01-2019, 07:06 PM
Can you not comprehend? You're making my point for me. I said there are no guarantees, but we SHOULD win 100 out of 100 vs them with Small on the mound. Everything about what I said is factual. Are we not favored tonight with Small on the mound? We would be favored 100 out of 100 times with Small on the mound vs this team...therefore we SHOULD beat them every time with this matchup. Am I missing something? Are you slow? How are we still talking about this?

Example (since you're clearly mentally challenged): If my fat ass raced Jake Mangum 100 times, he should beat me 100 out of 100. However, there are no guarantees. He could pull a hammy, or I could strap a jet pack on my ass....so "NO GUARANTEES, BUT HE SHOULD BEAT ME 100 OUT OF 100 TIMES". Clear enough for you? You're wrong, you misrepresented what I said, but no need to apologize. I'm good. Let's move on

What you fail to understand is that because this is a regional team, and this is baseball, there is NO should win 100 out of 100. Your premise is false. There is a probability we will win that IS NOT nearly that high.

Which is why your expectations are unrealistic and you repeatedly act like an insufferable ass when it doesn?t work out that way.

We aren?t bama football of baseball. Nobody is.

Jack Lambert
06-01-2019, 10:08 PM
Considering the other two teams have another game to play before the winner get's to us again we are in pretty good shape.