PDA

View Full Version : It's central Michigan at 6pm 6-5 over Miami

TaleofTwoDogs
05-31-2019, 11:04 PM
nm

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 11:05 PM
19 wins in a row for the Chippewas. They play well. Not going to be easy tomorrow

CadaverDawg
05-31-2019, 11:08 PM
Definitely a confident bunch, so not a guarantee....That being said, this is exactly what we wanted to happen. Have to take advantage now

GreenheadDawg
05-31-2019, 11:18 PM
Anybody know who they will throw tomorrow?

Cooterpoot
05-31-2019, 11:18 PM
I think we smoke them.

Liverpooldawg
05-31-2019, 11:20 PM
I was there for about half of it. That bunch is legit and very confident. We will have our hands full.

Cooterpoot
05-31-2019, 11:22 PM
Miami is exactly who we said they were. A young, pitching thin team that wasn’t that good. I’m extremely confident we win tomorrow.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2019, 11:26 PM
We badly need a big win tomorrow. A win that is so big that we can pitch nothing but Self and James after Small comes out. That's what I'm hoping for.

Write it down...Mangum breaks out of his funk tomorrow.

Jarius
06-01-2019, 12:05 AM
I think we smoke them.

We will. Small will dominate them. This is the best thing that could have happened for us.

Liverpooldawg
06-01-2019, 12:30 AM
They are throwing a guy that is 10-0. What I saw tonight was a legit team. This one won't be easy.

Todd4State
06-01-2019, 12:37 AM
They are throwing a guy that is 10-0. What I saw tonight was a legit team. This one won't be easy.

Wins are as much a function of how good your team rather than how good of a pitcher you are.

Who's better? A pitcher that is 10-0 with an ERA of 4.50 or a pitcher who is 2-8 with an ERA of 1.50?

Todd4State
06-01-2019, 12:39 AM
They play really loose. Their SS is their best player. I'm expecting a few come get some's tomorrow night.

I've never seen a team like them. It looks like a team that has Ross Mitchell as their head coach.

Liverpooldawg
06-01-2019, 01:03 AM
Wins are as much a function of how good your team rather than how good of a pitcher you are.

Who's better? A pitcher that is 10-0 with an ERA of 4.50 or a pitcher who is 2-8 with an ERA of 1.50?

All I know is they pass the eye test. They are hit the ball, they are 19-0 over their last 19 games, and they are enjoying the heck out of it and having fun. We better NOT be relieved to be facing them instead of Miami. They are legit.

Todd4State
06-01-2019, 01:21 AM
All I know is they pass the eye test. They are hit the ball, they are 19-0 over their last 19 games, and they are enjoying the heck out of it and having fun. We better NOT be relieved to be facing them instead of Miami. They are legit.

I'll take my chances with Small tomorrow.

Jarius
06-01-2019, 01:34 AM

K. We are going to win. Get yourself worked up over a midmajor 3 seed throwing their #2 pitcher facing a first round draft pick pitcher and the #6 overall seed if you'd like.

Dawg2003
06-01-2019, 05:10 AM
Okay, so this is our luck. All teams need luck along the way, so here it is.

starkvegasdawg
06-01-2019, 05:27 AM
I'm guessing there's no way we even consider holding Small until tomorrow to potentially throw for the championship and let Plum go today against CMU. Have to think the Canes send Southern home today so they'll be the ones in the Champ round assuming they don't lose again to CMU.

Activated Alpha
06-01-2019, 06:38 AM
K. We are going to win. Get yourself worked up over a midmajor 3 seed throwing their #2 pitcher facing a first round draft pick pitcher and the #6 overall seed if you'd like.

You know, I distinctly remember during football season a couple of years ago when our fans got a big and cocky about playing an opponent who thought we would dominate. We were embarrassed. A few kept trying to temper expectations and warn others that no game is easy. This team is extremely confident and confidence leads to hitting, especially against elite pitching. Do not take this team for granted or we will lose I guarantee you that.

Jarius
06-01-2019, 06:44 AM
You know, I distinctly remember during football season a couple of years ago when our fans got a big and cocky about playing an opponent who thought we would dominate. We were embarrassed. A few kept trying to temper expectations and warn others that no game is easy. This team is extremely confident and confidence leads to hitting, especially against elite pitching. Do not take this team for granted or we will lose I guarantee you that.

Ok you convinced me. I will go outside and take some extra bp today along with fielding some grounders. I would hate for my confidence in the best pitcher in college baseball and the best hitting team in the SEC to cause our players who have zero to do with my thoughts and opinions to lose against a 3 seed at home today.

Cooterpoot
06-01-2019, 07:15 AM
State fans- “Let’s pull for Miami to lose because we’d rather play a mid-Major 3 seed”
Also State fans- “Oh shit, we’ve got to play a mid-major 3 seed with our stud pitcher and a home crowd of 15,000 fans’
Miami wasn’t a good team, just like I said, and CMU beat them by 1. Give me this matchup all day every day. If we’re a legit team, we roll.

Dawg2003
06-01-2019, 07:17 AM
It's not a guaranteed win by any means. No game is. But I'd rather try to beat Central Michigan in a 3 game series than Miami.

Lord McBuckethead
06-01-2019, 07:38 AM
We badly need a big win tomorrow. A win that is so big that we can pitch nothing but Self and James after Small comes out. That's what I'm hoping for.

Write it down...Mangum breaks out of his funk tomorrow.

Well yeah. Cole Gordon was to pick out a couple large cleat chasers for him.

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 07:39 AM
State fans- ?Let?s pull for Miami to lose because we?d rather play a mid-Major 3 seed?
Also State fans- ?Oh shit, we?ve got to play a mid-major 3 seed with our stud pitcher and a home crowd of 15,000 fans?
Miami wasn?t a good team, just like I said, and CMU beat them by 1. Give me this matchup all day every day. If we?re a legit team, we roll.

Yeah, the CMU win lastnight only confirms that we have no excuse for losing this Regional. Send Small out there to put us in the Final, and then hope Plumlee can take care of business to wrap it up. We don't want this thing going beyond Plumlee

ScottH
06-01-2019, 07:40 AM

and at home

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 07:40 AM
Well yeah. Cole Gordon was to pick out a couple large cleat chasers for him.

Lol.

MetEdDawg
06-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Yeah, the CMU win lastnight only confirms that we have no excuse for losing this Regional. Send Small out there to put us in the Final, and then hope Plumlee can take care of business to wrap it up. We don't want this thing going beyond Plumlee

Ideally no we don't. But it's not because of lack of arms. Brandon Smith, Cerantola, and Keegan James all can and have started. Obviously we don't want it getting there because Smith is young and Cerantola and James are wildly inconsistent. But we could give ourselves a fighting chance with their arm talent.

But I completely agree with your first statement. Don't overlook Central Michigan, but this team and fan base should expect to win this regional. That should be a minimum requirement at this point with this draw.

mparkerfd20
06-01-2019, 07:51 AM
I thought CMU was more of a 2 seed than Miami all along. They are legit good but didn't get the recognition due to SOS. Either way it's not an easy out and we better not **** around like we have for over 2 weeks now or we will lose. That said I think we answer the call and win 7-5.

MetEdDawg
06-01-2019, 08:03 AM
I thought CMU was more of a 2 seed than Miami all along. They are legit good but didn't get the recognition due to SOS. Either way it's not an easy out and we better not **** around like we have for over 2 weeks now or we will lose. That said I think we answer the call and win 7-5.

Miami was projected as a host a couple weeks ago. Don't go crazy and start saying stuff that doesn't make sense. It's ok to say Central Michigan is really good but don't get carried away. Miami had an RPI of 18 when tournament sites were announced. They were very much in contention to host.

gravedigger
06-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Definitely a confident bunch, so not a guarantee....That being said, this is exactly what we wanted to happen. Have to take advantage now

1. There is NEVER a guarantee in baseball. Ever. To even think there is....... is flawed
2. Playing Central Michigan isnt necessarily the better outcome. They are only the less known name.

We need to win. That is all.

dantheman4248
06-01-2019, 10:20 AM

Mets fan here saying to look at deGrom.

gravedigger
06-01-2019, 10:30 AM

You and I have gone back and forth on some subjects and I do like alot of your posts, but your sentiment is the foundation of why state fans are so neurotic. This midmajor 3 seed is playing inspired and they are good enough to beat us. Not once in a while good either. They are hot like we were last year late season.

There is no measurable formula for a guaranteed win in baseball. We better play to our potential, or the Southern game will seem like a cakewalk.

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 10:33 AM
1. There is NEVER a guarantee in baseball. Ever. To even think there is....... is flawed.

That's why I said, "not a guarantee"

I agree that they're hot, but we should beat this team 100 out of 100 times with Small pitching. Zero excuse to lose today

Liverpooldawg
06-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Ask Miami what happens when you don't respect your opponent.

gravedigger
06-01-2019, 10:37 AM

I agree that they're hot, but we should beat this team 100 out of 100 times with Small pitching. Zero excuse to lose today

No. We should not beat this team 100 out of 100 times. You think that and it's unreasonable. Which is why you get the way you do on the board.

Dawg2003
06-01-2019, 10:37 AM
The way we lose is if the bullpen has a meltdown.

Liverpooldawg
06-01-2019, 10:42 AM

Ugh, even the very worst MLB teams beat the very best every now and then. This is NOT even CLOSE to the very worst team in college baseball. CMU is good. They are loose and having fun. If you were at that game last night you know what I'm talking about. Winning 19 in a row in BASEBALL is pretty dang stout, no matter who you have been playing.

gravedigger
06-01-2019, 10:48 AM
Ask Miami what happens when you don't respect your opponent.

Do you think it was more of a lack of respect for the opponent or just the fact that each team is pretty good at this point and they are, in fact, not nearly as weak as their directional name suggests?

Southern and CMU are pretty good teams in my book. They played their game and put due pressure on Miami and MSU according to what their strengths were. They didnt stay in those games due to luck. Ginn wasnt mowing them down.

I think we all get caught up in the football season mentality. We all want to be Alabama football dominant. That just doesnt happen in baseball and basketball. Small schools can be just as well coached and can close the recruiting 'star' gap.

GreenheadDawg
06-01-2019, 10:59 AM
If the top half of our lineup doesn’t head their head out of their asses CMU will beat us. They have nothing to lose and are a good team. That sets up for an upset.

The Federalist Engineer
06-01-2019, 11:00 AM
CMU is gonna play like it's the biggest game in CMU history like Samford in Tallahassee in 2012. We even had a 1st round draft pick pitcher start game 1 and lost. Then we lost the 2nd game when our ACE closet blew the save and gave up his only runs of the year.

Each year is different but you have to respect every opponent

HooverDawg
06-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Interesting Miami is holding their Friday guy again today and throwing their Sunday starter vs them. So they will have thrown 3 of their 4 starters after today with only the Friday guy left for game 3. Granted none of them are ace type of pitchers, it seems like their coach is way overthinking things.

Liverpooldawg
06-01-2019, 12:08 PM
Do you think it was more of a lack of respect for the opponent or just the fact that each team is pretty good at this point and they are, in fact, not nearly as weak as their directional name suggests?

Southern and CMU are pretty good teams in my book. They played their game and put due pressure on Miami and MSU according to what their strengths were. They didnt stay in those games due to luck. Ginn wasnt mowing them down.

I think we all get caught up in the football season mentality. We all want to be Alabama football dominant. That just doesnt happen in baseball and basketball. Small schools can be just as well coached and can close the recruiting 'star' gap.

CMU is good, and if you look at the Miami board they still don't respect them. I know it's just a message board but it's uncanny how message boards, when you look at them as a whole, can reflect the attitude of the whole team/fan base.

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 12:49 PM
No. We should not beat this team 100 out of 100 times. You think that and it's unreasonable. Which is why you get the way you do on the board.

Lol, with Ethan Small on the mound, we should beat this team EVERY time. You and Liverpool can tuck your weiners between your legs if you want....but that's the truth.

And Liverpool....Me not respecting our opponent doesn't change shit, bc I'm not suiting up today unless Lemonis gives me a call. That being said, I am not disrespecting anybody....I'm respecting our team. And our team should beat this team every time we play them with Ethan Small on the mound. Period. Y'all nut up and quit trying to build in excuses for if we shit the bed.

MetEdDawg
06-01-2019, 01:05 PM
Lol, with Ethan Small on the mound, we should beat this team EVERY time. You and Liverpool can tuck your weiners between your legs if you want....but that's the truth.

And Liverpool....Me not respecting our opponent doesn't change shit, bc I'm not suiting up today unless Lemonis gives me a call. That being said, I am not disrespecting anybody....I'm respecting our team. And our team should beat this team every time we play them with Ethan Small on the mound. Period. Y'all nut up and quit trying to build in excuses for if we shit the bed.

You are wrong about the expectation of 100 out of 100. Every coach worth their salt would never have that kind of expectations for their team in the game of baseball. I would say between 80-90%. And if you asked Lemonis to be truthful, he would NEVER say with Ethan Small we beat Southern 100 out of 100 times. He knows, as most people do with any practical baseball knowledge, that weird stuff happens that you can't explain.

gravedigger
06-01-2019, 01:10 PM

You said twice now 'its not a guarantee" and we should beat them with small 100 out of 100 times.

Confidence is no evidence of accuracy. It's evidence of arrogance.

Now run along and go ask Coach 34 what to say next.

Jarius
06-01-2019, 01:20 PM
You and I have gone back and forth on some subjects and I do like alot of your posts, but your sentiment is the foundation of why state fans are so neurotic. This midmajor 3 seed is playing inspired and they are good enough to beat us. Not once in a while good either. They are hot like we were last year late season.

There is no measurable formula for a guaranteed win in baseball. We better play to our potential, or the Southern game will seem like a cakewalk.

We are going to win today. Cheer up buddy.

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 02:32 PM
You said twice now 'its not a guarantee" and we should beat them with small 100 out of 100 times.

Haha you are such a bitter old fella. Lighten up. And if you know me as much as you act like you do, you'd know there are few that went against 34 in arguments more than I did. Not that I give a shit.

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 02:37 PM

"Should". We "should" beat them every time with Small on the mound....and I stand by that, we "should". We also "should" have won 10 games in football last year. Obviously we didn't, although we "SHOULD" have. So again, I never said "guarantee"....I said we "should" win every time we face CMU with Small on the bump. If you would just bother reading before firing back so quickly, you would see where you misspoke. Not sure where your hard on for me stems, but I apologize if at some point I pissed in your bran flakes.

MarketingBully
06-01-2019, 03:21 PM
You are wrong about the expectation of 100 out of 100. Every coach worth their salt would never have that kind of expectations for their team in the game of baseball. I would say between 80-90%. And if you asked Lemonis to be truthful, he would NEVER say with Ethan Small we beat Southern 100 out of 100 times. He knows, as most people do with any practical baseball knowledge, that weird stuff happens that you can't explain.

You get Cadaver’s point. We should win the damn game.

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 03:30 PM

"SHOULD"! S H O U L D

We SHOULD beat them with Ethan on the mound, which is why we would be favored 100 out of 100 times in that matchup. We should win today, y'all know it, so quit being sissies and looking for excuses when you know damn well there's no excuse to lose tonight. Lord have mercy y'all are like talking to a couple of 12 year olds sometimes.

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 03:31 PM
You get Cadaver’s point. We should win the damn game.

Thank you. And yes, they do...but they have to provide a way out for the coaches so they can keep them void of any criticism. It's strange.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-01-2019, 03:40 PM
Man this thread is shit.

1) Nobody is saying we will lose to CMU, or even that it's close to 50/50, what they're saying is it's not a 100% guarantee like several of you are saying.

2) "we beat anyone with Small on the mound" is simply ridiculous. There's not a Cy Young winner that didn't have a couple horrible starts in their career, and there's always the chance of an injury taking him out early. Lastly, the bullpen has shown that they can blow it even if Small goes 6 scoreless

3) Some of y'all are acting like we're so talented we'll blow them out by showing up, as if we LITERALLY DIDN'T JUST STRUGGLE WITH SOUTHERN. The cognitive dissonance is astounding here.

4) CMU didn't throw their ace last night, at least if you go by stats https://cmuchippewas.com/cumestats.aspx?path=baseball&year=2019: Vs Miami they threw Leatherman, but they have a guy with 15 starts that's got a lower ERA and oba and has thrown more innings in 1 less start. Ks are the only stat Cameron loses to Leatherman in.

Note that I'm NOT saying we don't roll, I think it's just as likely we blow them out as it is we lose and the most likely outcome is we win by 2-3 runs. CMU plays hard, they didn't look like the kind of team that clams up under pressure, and they still have their Ace and closer (1.42 ERA) ready to go. To say 'we beat them 100/100 times with Small on the mound' is incredibly ignorant of how baseball works. Leibelt, Gordon, James, Self, Barlow.. all have crapped the bed at time this year and that's all it takes to waste a great start... and as good as our O can be it can also be very inconsistent.

Again, before I get called a pessimist let me say we probably win tonight... but like another poster said all this "we're going to crush them" talk reminds be of FB vs Kentucky

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-01-2019, 03:56 PM

Your correct but these are the actual stats for CMU's top 2 pitchers:

A) ERA 2.86, 86 IP in 16 starts, b/avg .223.

B) ERA 2.72, 96 IP in 15 starts, b/avg .217

CMU threw A) last night.... Now yes he's never faced a lineup like we have but I don't think B) is a bad pitcher by any stretch

MetEdDawg
06-01-2019, 04:01 PM
"SHOULD"! S H O U L D

We SHOULD beat them with Ethan on the mound, which is why we would be favored 100 out of 100 times in that matchup. We should win today, y'all know it, so quit being sissies and looking for excuses when you know damn well there's no excuse to lose tonight. Lord have mercy y'all are like talking to a couple of 12 year olds sometimes.

This is literally one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard. No one is arguing with you about whether or not we should win. Literally no one. You are parsing words just to create an argument over what the hell the word "should" means. It's dumb. No we shouldn't win 100 out of 100 times. We should EXPECT to win 100 out of 100 times. That doesn't mean we SHOULD win.

See how freaking stupid that is? Someone lock this crap down. It's one of the dumbest excuses for a made up argument I've ever heard.

MetEdDawg
06-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Thank you. And yes, they do...but they have to provide a way out for the coaches so they can keep them void of any criticism. It's strange.

You do realize literally all of us think we win today right?

We can think we win and it not happen and it sometimes not be on the coach. This is why we can tell you don't have baseball knowledge.

Giving the coach an out. If Small years his UCL pitch 1, you think Lemonis needs an out? If Small gets shelled, you think Lemonis needs an out?

Get real man. The game of baseball is unpredictable. Of course we could lose today. Lots of things can contribute to losing. The problem is too many on this board don't actually know anything about coaching baseball

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 04:19 PM
This is literally one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard. No one is arguing with you about whether or not we should win. Literally no one. You are parsing words just to create an argument over what the hell the word "should" means. It's dumb. No we shouldn't win 100 out of 100 times. We should EXPECT to win 100 out of 100 times. That doesn't mean we SHOULD win.

See how freaking stupid that is? Someone lock this crap down. It's one of the dumbest excuses for a made up argument I've ever heard.

When u clowns are misrepresenting my words and act like I'm guaranteeing wins, I have to break it down for you bc you can't comprehend shit. So you guys created this by twisting my words, not me. It's dumb anyway, we should win, so stop being bitches and just admit it and let's kick ass tonight.

Dawg2003
06-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Anyone can beat anyone once. It doesn't mean it's likely, but you see it happen all the time. That's why Southern beat LSU, and Ole Miss lost to whatever awful team that was in midweek. Should we lose tonight? No. Is there a chance we could? Yes.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-01-2019, 04:48 PM
When u clowns are misrepresenting my words and act like I'm guaranteeing wins, I have to break it down for you bc you can't comprehend shit. So you guys created this by twisting my words, not me. It's dumb anyway, we should win, so stop being bitches and just admit it and let's kick ass tonight.

You're one of my favorite posters here but I think you're getting worked up. After re-reading your comments I get what you meant... but even I assumed you meant we should win 100 if we played them 100 times. Saying "we should win 100/100 times vs them" is an incredibly awkward way of saying "we should be favored vs them".

Also nobody in this thread has predicted us to lose, so your emotional comments seemed like you were disagreeing with those who were saying "there's a chance we lose". Since you seemed to be arguing with that view, the only assumption we can make is that you disagree with it, ie you think there's no way we lose.

Turns out you were arguing against a strawman position nobody here made, and you used a poor choice of words while doing it. That (and people like me's poor reading of your comment) are the cause of this argument.

PS I still don't get what you initial point was with that comment, again none of the people you were replying too ever said it was even 50/50, they were just saying we "might" lose. Since you agree with that I'm not sure why you felt the need to argue with them

CadaverDawg
06-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Ok. Sorry.

HailState

deadheaddawg
06-01-2019, 05:03 PM

is this serious or was it sarcastic? Because it's an absurd statement

deadheaddawg
06-01-2019, 05:08 PM

Even if small could manage to go 100 times against him without a bad day.....he isn't pitching full games.

Would state be favored 100 out of 100
... probably. But it's beyond ridiculous to act like this team isn't capable of beating us. And it wouldn't be some monumental upset.

It's baseball. I hope our team respects them.

Half this damn board acted like we are a shitty team in the game thread yesterday.

Y'all are some bi-polar SOBs

TaleofTwoDogs
06-01-2019, 11:20 PM
Deadheaddawg said: "Y'all are some bi-polar SOBs "

Its been that way since the first post in 2013. Nothing to see here, folks, move along.

Jarius
06-02-2019, 03:15 AM

Did we win?!

MarketingBully
06-02-2019, 06:14 AM
Man this thread is shit.

1) Nobody is saying we will lose to CMU, or even that it's close to 50/50, what they're saying is it's not a 100% guarantee like several of you are saying.

2) "we beat anyone with Small on the mound" is simply ridiculous. There's not a Cy Young winner that didn't have a couple horrible starts in their career, and there's always the chance of an injury taking him out early. Lastly, the bullpen has shown that they can blow it even if Small goes 6 scoreless

3) Some of y'all are acting like we're so talented we'll blow them out by showing up, as if we LITERALLY DIDN'T JUST STRUGGLE WITH SOUTHERN. The cognitive dissonance is astounding here.

4) CMU didn't throw their ace last night, at least if you go by stats https://cmuchippewas.com/cumestats.aspx?path=baseball&year=2019: Vs Miami they threw Leatherman, but they have a guy with 15 starts that's got a lower ERA and oba and has thrown more innings in 1 less start. Ks are the only stat Cameron loses to Leatherman in.

Note that I'm NOT saying we don't roll, I think it's just as likely we blow them out as it is we lose and the most likely outcome is we win by 2-3 runs. CMU plays hard, they didn't look like the kind of team that clams up under pressure, and they still have their Ace and closer (1.42 ERA) ready to go. To say 'we beat them 100/100 times with Small on the mound' is incredibly ignorant of how baseball works. Leibelt, Gordon, James, Self, Barlow.. all have crapped the bed at time this year and that's all it takes to waste a great start... and as good as our O can be it can also be very inconsistent.

Again, before I get called a pessimist let me say we probably win tonight... but like another poster said all this "we're going to crush them" talk reminds be of FB vs Kentucky

We won 7-2. Pretty convincing to me. Also Fresno State beat Stanford last night. I?m sure if Fresno State wins the Palo Alto regional our fans will say how great Fresno State the 3 seed is even though we should beat them just as convincing as we beat CMU.

MetEdDawg
06-02-2019, 06:27 AM
We won 7-2. Pretty convincing to me. Also Fresno State beat Stanford last night. I?m sure if Fresno State wins the Palo Alto regional our fans will say how great Fresno State the 3 seed is even though we should beat them just as convincing as we beat CMU.

Fresno has an RPI of 28. That's higher than 4 SEC teams. Central Michigan's was above 70 going in to yesterday and that was with them winning 18 in a row. Let's not compare the 2 shall we?

Fresno took the Sunday game @Tennessee, beat San Diego State four times, beat Oregon twice, and just got done beating UC Santa Barbara and Stanford two games in a row.

They are a good team. We should expect to win the series against them, but it's not a cakewalk and Fresno is not a bad team.

Jarius
06-02-2019, 07:02 AM
Fresno has an RPI of 28. That's higher than 4 SEC teams. Central Michigan's was above 70 going in to yesterday and that was with them winning 18 in a row. Let's not compare the 2 shall we?

Fresno took the Sunday game @Tennessee, beat San Diego State four times, beat Oregon twice, and just got done beating UC Santa Barbara and Stanford two games in a row.

They are a good team. We should expect to win the series against them, but it's not a cakewalk and Fresno is not a bad team.

We will beat Fresno in 2 games. I'm a lot more worried about Miami than Fresno.

MarketingBully
06-02-2019, 12:03 PM

Let me think. You looked at their RPI now instead of before the regionals. It’s inflated now because they beat Stanford at Stanford. They weren’t a top 30 RPI team before the regionals. They were a 3 seed. You can’t look at RPI right now because it’s meaningless imo once regionals start. The whole point of RPI is to seed teams. It shouldn’t be moving after the regionals start.