ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 07:53 PM
0-0 in the 3rd but CM has the bases loaded with 1 out

KOdawg1
05-31-2019, 08:17 PM
4-0 Miami

SailingDawg
05-31-2019, 09:14 PM
Current batter for CMU (who just got nailed in the back by a pitch) checks a piece of paper before every pitch and I assume after his coach sends him signals. I'm not trying to be ugly, but can he not remember the signals? Could have a learning disability.

Bases loaded for CMU down 4-2. They're having fun in the dugout!

SailingDawg
05-31-2019, 09:17 PM
CMU now up 5-4 after a base clearing double.

BrunswickDawg
05-31-2019, 09:18 PM
Chippewas up 5-4 now. We have a ballgame

RocketDawg
05-31-2019, 09:40 PM
Current batter for CMU (who just got nailed in the back by a pitch) checks a piece of paper before every pitch and I assume after his coach sends him signals. I'm not trying to be ugly, but can he not remember the signals? Could have a learning disability.

I believe I saw a pitcher referring to one of the armband "cheat sheets" (like football QBs do) a couple of days ago, but never a batter in baseball. I've watched a little of the women's softball tournament, and they do it regularly. I was wondering why they had to do that.

DancingRabbit
05-31-2019, 09:48 PM
Do we have a clear favorite here?

mparkerfd20
05-31-2019, 09:48 PM
I told y'all CM is gonna win.

BeardoMSU
05-31-2019, 09:56 PM
I told y'all CM is gonna win.

Who would we prefer?

CadaverDawg
05-31-2019, 10:05 PM
Central Michigan probably has less pitching than Miami, so I think I'm going to pull for them. Miami was a 2 seed for a reason I reckon

KOdawg1
05-31-2019, 10:17 PM
Miami right-fielder was catching hell from Central Mich. and State fans all game, and then hits a tank to tie it in the 7th.. to right field. Damn

Marvin
05-31-2019, 10:18 PM
Of course we are pulling for CMU

HooverDawg
05-31-2019, 10:28 PM
Miami right-fielder was catching hell from Central Mich. and State fans all game, and then hits a tank to tie it in the 7th.. to right field. Damn

He?s hit 2 tonight. Solo shot and 3 run shot.

RougeDawg
05-31-2019, 10:28 PM

All college players should receive a scouting report of every pitcher of your opponent. You get situational pitch tendencies as well as RH/LH tendencies in all scenarios. And the pitch you look for changes with every previous pitch and/or change in situation. Some hitters study them. Some study them and keep in their pockets. Some don?t give a f***. They also have defensive alignment suggestions, with spray charts of opponent hitters verses LH/RH pitchers, specific pitches and specific pitches in a count/situation.

Once you learn scouting reports you develop patterns of guys and other similar guys.then you can easily identify a ?book? pitcher. Those guys you know what they are throwing before they throw it. You just look location. When you get a guy not throwing book, you have to refer to scouting report and whether or not he?s following it, or adjusting batter to batter, 2nd time through lineup, etc.

Once you read them enough you can develop a database to peg a pitcher after about 4-5 batters. I will go watch games and tell what the guy is trying to do to certain type hitters before end of 2nd inning. Then it?s all about whether or not the pitcher can hit his spots. You know the pitch coming. If he leaves it fat, you mash it. If he?s painting, you try to make contact.

GreenheadDawg
05-31-2019, 10:29 PM
Definitely want CMU to win this. There BP has to be much thinner than UM

RougeDawg
05-31-2019, 10:30 PM
I?m rooting for 14+ innings.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 10:46 PM
CM takes lead in 9th