PDA

View Full Version : Blaze Jordan- MSU baseball commit news

Todd4State
05-31-2019, 06:13 PM
He is reclassifying and will now be in the 2020 class instead of the 2021 draft class.

Bryce Harper and Seth Beer are among those that have done this. It means he can be drafted at 17.

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 06:15 PM
I think most figured this, but the chance he sees campus I would think is very slim.

Nice to have him in the boat in case something crazy happens but I can't see him getting here

shoeless joe
05-31-2019, 06:16 PM
Cool nickname...

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 06:18 PM
I think most figured this, but the chance he sees campus I would think is very slim.

Nice to have him in the boat in case something crazy happens but I can't see him getting here

We'll see

Also gives him the chance to enroll early at MSU & get out at a younger age.

Blaze's ability to play a position other than 1B will likely determine his prospect value.

He's got big power, but at 1B, he's going to have to show he can really hit good pitching this Summer.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
05-31-2019, 07:03 PM

Yeah that’s the word up here that he’ll never play college ball. However his parents are fairly wealthy so you never know.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
05-31-2019, 07:05 PM
We'll see

Blaze's ability to play a position other than 1B will likely determine his prospect value.

He's got big power, but at 1B, he's going to have to show he can really hit good pitching this Summer.

He’s great at three and although I’ve never seen him pitch my son’s pitching coach says he can really bring it as well as locate.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 07:08 PM
He’s great at three and although I’ve never seen him pitch my son’s pitching coach says he can really bring it as well as locate.

He's a really talented kid no doubt, but MLB teams need to project you to be able to actually play 3B in the big leagues.

The Federalist Engineer
05-31-2019, 07:59 PM
He is reclassifying and will now be in the 2020 class instead of the 2021 draft class.

Bryce Harper and Seth Beer are among those that have done this. It means he can be drafted at 17.

If he just wanted to leave school and be paid, he could join Carter Stewart in Tokyo

I think this move is pro-MSU. He is basically gonna stop wasting time in HS and get 3 SEC years to be drafted at 20

AlSwearengen
05-31-2019, 08:18 PM
If he just wanted to leave school and be paid, he could join Carter Stewart in Tokyo

I think this move is pro-MSU. He is basically gonna stop wasting time in HS and get 3 SEC years to be drafted at 20

I don’t really get the advantage to going pro as a 17 year old, especially if your family isn’t struggling. 17 is young to start riding a bus in the minors.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 08:24 PM
I don’t really get the advantage to going pro as a 17 year old, especially if your family isn’t struggling. 17 is young to start riding a bus in the minors.

Draft models like younger aged kids, so his draft stock could be higher next year

The Federalist Engineer
05-31-2019, 08:48 PM

Yep, he is not pitcher, no huge risk. Being in college with solid young people as peers and majoring in Finance will be good for him.

dawgs
05-31-2019, 09:06 PM
Unless he proves he projects as a MLB 3B, we probably have a good shot of getting him to campus because 1B guys generally don't get drafted super early.

Here's a good article on cal's 1B who is considered by many to be the best college bar in years and would likely be a top 1-2 pick if he projected anywhere besides 1B. Because defense at 1B is so relatively negligible, guys basically need to max out their hit potential to provide good value. Plus so many players at other positions fall back to 1B as they age and their bodies change or because they can't cut it defensively elsewhere, so you don't only have to fight for opportunities with other 1Bs, but you also have to fend off all the good bats/bad defenders at every other position in the field.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/mlb/2019/5/30/18645138/mlb-draft-andrew-vaughn-first-baseman-cal

Homedawg
05-31-2019, 09:29 PM

I don't know the kid at all. However, this is not bad news for us I agree. He can be drafted at 17 and 20. I agree w you. We might not get him but this doesn't hurt.

preachermatt83
05-31-2019, 10:21 PM
I’d be willing to bet he wears the maroon and white. My understanding is it’s not even a discussion at this point.

Homedawg
05-31-2019, 10:45 PM
I’d be willing to bet he wears the maroon and white. My understanding is it’s not even a discussion at this point.

I felt good right up until now. Dang preacher....

preachermatt83
05-31-2019, 11:42 PM
I felt good right up until now. Dang preacher....

Lol. Sorry bro.

ZedFedder
06-01-2019, 12:17 AM

Based off what?

Todd4State
06-01-2019, 12:30 AM

He gone.**

Todd4State
06-01-2019, 12:34 AM
We'll see

I'm actually surprised more players don't go this route in the South with the SEC schools in the backyard. To me if you are say Blaze Jordan good why waste another year in high school and get pitched around the entire year? You go somewhere like MSU if you are ready and you have access to more advanced technology, better coaches, better competition and then like you said you get into the pros a year earlier. Or you just go pro.

Quaoarsking
06-01-2019, 12:38 AM
If you play OOTP Baseball into the 2040s, he usually hits over 500 home runs.

AlSwearengen
06-01-2019, 08:42 AM
There is a discussion about this on ms baseball fan’s facebook page and some guy over there made the statement that a 5 million dollar signing bonus wouldn’t be life changing to his family. Also said the family is very smart (usually goes with being successful) and they know what they are doing. The guy could be talking out of his ass, who knows but he was confident in getting him.

With that said, off the top of my head there are 5 family’s in the Hattiesburg area that their kids could turn down 5 million, so it isn’t out of the realm of possibility.

ETA: After further review, it is likely that preachermatt made that post, so.