PDA

View Full Version : Scores from around the regionals

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 03:26 PM
I'll use this as the hub for updates across the regionals as scores and games get done.

Auburn defeats Coastal Carolina 16-7 in the Georgia Tech regional

Florida State defeats Florida Atlantic 13-7 in the UGA regional. FSU is the 3 seed

Indiana State defeats McNeese State in the Vandy regional

Campbell leading NC State 5-4 in the 8th in the East Carolina regional. Been in a lightning delay for a while

Arkansas up 9-5 on Central Connecticut in the 8th in their regional

Southern Miss blowing up Arizona State in the LSU regional

North Carolina losing to UNC Wilmington 4-3 in the 6th in their regional. Definitely one to keep an eye on

More updates will come out as the day goes on

VandelayIndustries
05-31-2019, 04:34 PM
UNCW ties it up against #14 UNC in the 9th

KOdawg1
05-31-2019, 04:45 PM
Clemson is leading Illinois 4-3, in the 5th

VandelayIndustries
05-31-2019, 04:46 PM
UNC homer in bttm 9th ties it up

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 04:50 PM
Lightning delay in Chapel Hill. 6-6 bottom 9 runner on first 3-0 count

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 04:52 PM
Additional finals:

Illinois State beats Indiana 8-7 in the Louisville regional

Nebraska beats UCONN 8-5 in the Oklahoma City regional

Southern Miss and Arkansas both finish off their opponents

Stanford up 5-0 on Sacramento State in the 5th

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 04:53 PM
A&M remain the most embarrassing program in the country.

Absolutely absurd they aren't better

BrunswickDawg
05-31-2019, 05:07 PM

Sleeping giant....

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 05:11 PM
Sleeping giant....

For sure but they damn sure like sleeping.

When an athletic department habitually underachieves in every sport, it tells me there is a culture issue that prevents them from winning

With 18 million people within a 3 hour radius of campus, they've managed to build a roster with the most unathletic position players in the SEC. It's criminal

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 05:17 PM

Now down 8-1. And they started Doxakis today. They won't be around long

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 05:22 PM
Now down 8-1. And they started Doxakis today. They won't be around long

They're awful and they have 2 aces

They should've fired Childress yesterday

He made the CWS a few years ago, but that was when they were matched up vs the UNC regional that Davidson won

Shewmake is their only position player that would start for us while we have 3 Texans (Halter, Mac, & Westy) mostly starting for us and they have 18 million people to choose from.

They don't have a single hitter Tech either except Shewmake

Lord McBuckethead
05-31-2019, 05:41 PM

He made the CWS a few years ago, but that was when they were matched up vs the UNC regional that Davidson won

Shewmake is their only position player that would start for us while we have 3 Texans (Halter, Mac, & Westy) mostly starting for us and they have 18 million people to choose from.

I imagine texas has more than 18 million folks.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 05:46 PM
I imagine texas has more than 18 million folks.

That's within 3.5 hours of Campus

Dawgology
05-31-2019, 05:50 PM
More like giant in a coma...and will probably remain that way

RougeDawg
05-31-2019, 05:53 PM
For sure but they damn sure like sleeping.

When an athletic department habitually underachieves in every sport, it tells me there is a culture issue that prevents them from winning

With 18 million people within a 3 hour radius of campus, they've managed to build a roster with the most unathletic position players in the SEC. It's criminal

It?s the same issue that UTexas has. Too many big oil men who have been inhaling the fumes for decades. They think they know better than the actual administration, athletic department and coaches.

That and the sissified sports of Texas are why they and Texas have been irrelevant in major sports the last decade or so.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 05:55 PM
It?s the same issue that UTexas has. Too many big oil men who have been inhaling the fumes for decades. They think they know better than the actual administration, athletic department and coaches.

That and the sissified sports of Texas are why they and Texas have been irrelevant in major sports the last decade or so.

I mean, they've got only 1 hitter that would start for us, Ole Miss, LSU, and Ark. Only 1

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 05:57 PM
Texas A&M has scored 4 in the 9th and are only down 8-5 now. Runner on 1st with 1 out

More finals:

Michigan blanks Creighton 6-0 in Oregon State regional

Stanford blanks Sacramento State 11-0

Loyola Marymount beats Baylor 3-1 in the UCLA regional. That's probably the biggest upset of the day so far

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 06:58 PM
Thus far all 1 seeds have held serve.

Still have UNC tied at 6 in the lightning delay in the 9th. All other 1 seeds currently playing have the lead in their games. So nothing earth shattering yet.

GreenheadDawg
05-31-2019, 07:03 PM
LSU if smashing. Wish we would have come out with the same fire they have

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 07:06 PM
LSU if smashing. Wish we would have come out with the same fire they have

I've always had a theory that the 3.5 week length of the college baseball postseason is too long for any team to "click".

Thus, many times the teams that end up advancing deep into Omaha & winning the natty are teams that actually struggled a bit during their regional, then got better in the Super, & clicked in Omaha. Teams that click in their regional seem to fade in Omaha once the laws of baseball catch up with them

msudawg1200
05-31-2019, 07:13 PM
Georgia smashing Mercer 10-0 in the 3rd
Vandy up 4-2 on tOSU

msstate7
05-31-2019, 07:15 PM

Us compared to aTm...
CWS from 2010-current: both at 2
SR appearances 2010-current: state 5, aTm 4
Regional appear 2010-current: aTm 10 state 8
Conf champs 2010- current: state 1, aTm 0
Conf tourney champs '10-current: both at 1

Doesn't seem to be a lot of difference in the 2. Pretty wild you consider us elite and them terrible

GreenheadDawg
05-31-2019, 07:19 PM
I've always had a theory that the 3.5 week length of the college baseball postseason is too long for any team to "click".

Thus, many times the teams that end up advancing deep into Omaha & winning the natty are teams that actually struggled a bit during their regional, then got better in the Super, & clicked in Omaha. Teams that click in their regional seem to fade in Omaha once the laws of baseball catch up with them

Hope you?re right, because we are definitely struggling. Thank God the bottom of our lineup is carrying the team

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 07:41 PM
Us compared to aTm...
CWS from 2010-current: both at 2
SR appearances 2010-current: state 5, aTm 4
Regional appear 2010-current: aTm 10 state 8
Conf champs 2010- current: state 1, aTm 0
Conf tourney champs '10-current: both at 1

Doesn't seem to be a lot of difference in the 2. Pretty wild you consider us elite and them terrible

I hear you but we've got significantly better players & 1 of those CWS appearances was when they drew Davidson in the Super regional & went 0-2 in Omaha. They weren't good at all.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 08:09 PM
Swayze Field sounds louder than Dudy Noble.

Why?

Is it because they actually have more fans concentrated behind the plate whereas we have more in the outfield?

Dawgcap
05-31-2019, 09:00 PM
Swayze Field sounds louder than Dudy Noble.
H
Why?

Is it because they actually have more fans concentrated behind the plate whereas we have more in the outfield?
Might be because we played at 12 on a Friday. Difference in crowd size and alcohol consumption. Wait until you hear our crowd at 6 tomorrow. Apples and oranges comparison today

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 10:12 PM
Some early struggles for West Coast favorites:

Omaha with a 1-0 lead over UCLA in the 5th

Fresno State besting UC Santa Barbara in the 3rd

Oregon State losing 3-1 to Cincinnati in the 3rd

All other 1 seeds have held serve or are winning now

Florida losing 8-6 to Dallas Baptist in the 8th

Tennessee losing 3-0 to Liberty in the 4th

Interesting note: All 4 teams in the Last 4 in won their games today

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-31-2019, 11:06 PM
Florida lost. Liberty is taking Tennessee to the woodshed and Fresno is doing the same to UC Santa Barbara

msstate7
05-31-2019, 11:12 PM
Liberty is having a hell of a sports year.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2019, 11:23 PM
Liberty is having a hell of a sports year.

Wait until Hugh gets the football team rolling

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 11:25 PM
Oregon State down 5-2 in the 7th. If they lose they would be the only 1 seed to take a loss today.

Fun fact: Eight 1 seeds scored double digit runs today. We were one of those 8

starkvegasdawg
06-01-2019, 12:37 AM
Fighting beavers go down.

Todd4State
06-01-2019, 12:45 AM

They're also playing a team that embarrassed them a few years ago. I'm sure that is motivating for them.

Dawg61
06-01-2019, 01:44 AM

I have a theory if you look up past national champions you won't find many that struggled in their regionals.

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2019, 07:05 AM
I have a theory if you look up past national champions you won't find many that struggled in their regionals.

They obviously won the regional but that doesn't mean the played well.

History will show that we played great yesterday. 11-5 is an easy win.

MetEdDawg
06-01-2019, 07:08 AM
Fighting beavers go down.

That's a big one. Oregon State is one of those teams that has the magic. If they get eliminated it probably won't matter too much though because that regional matches up with UCLA. Don't see but maybe 3 teams that can go toe to toe with UCLA and Oregon State isn't one of them. But we are.

By the way for those that didn't watch, Cincinnati walked the Oregon State catcher with the bases loaded and no outs last night. Made the score 5-3. They still ended up winning. Ballsy move but probably the right one.

Dawg61
06-01-2019, 11:08 AM
OSU might not be OSU anymore since Casey retired.

MetEdDawg
06-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Campbell finishes off NC State 5-4 in the resumption of their game from yesterday.

That's a fairly big upset even though Campbell can throw it fairly well. NC State was another borderline regional team. Don't be surprised to see Campbell give East Carolina a run for its money. Campbell can play.

RougeDawg
06-01-2019, 11:51 AM
Cincinnati dude was unconscious last night. Went 5-5 and knocked in game winner I believe. Came in around a .250 hitter.

OSU has the meat of their lineup, including #1 overall upcoming pick, and flied out 3 times in 9th.

RougeDawg
06-01-2019, 03:42 PM
I mean, they've got only 1 hitter that would start for us, Ole Miss, LSU, and Ark. Only 1

Reminds me of Polk 2.0 era. He was giving scholarships to lesser talented players that had money connections to university. Won?t name names of guys who?s dads donated to baseball program facilities that received scholarships over guys that had talent and were chomping at the bit to play at state. One was a local kid who will lose likely be a MLB all star this year. A&M baseball most likely has something similar going on.

This was the primary reason uncle Ronnie tanked 2nd go round. He was lazy and taking program donations (suites are just one) for scholarships. Anyone who denies this is covering for Ronnie.

msbulldog
06-01-2019, 04:22 PM
Creighton is up 3-0 over Oregon St. bottom of the 4th in the elimination game.

Bdawg
06-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Creighton is up 3-0 over Oregon St. bottom of the 4th in the elimination game.

They on the ropes for sure.

starkvegasdawg
06-01-2019, 05:34 PM
4-1 now bottom 7th.

DancingRabbit
06-01-2019, 05:44 PM
4-1 now bottom 7th.

Creighton outfielders showing out. Looking grim for the defending champs. That insurance run may be the nail.

Maroonthirteen
06-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Man..... you know it?s ... (in your best Hank Flick voice) .... ?scores from around the nation.?..

SailingDawg
06-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Oregon State is eliminated.

What's the point of being a host team if you're not the home team in all of your games? MSU and LSU both visiting teams tonight. (I'm sure we talk about this every year.)

Dawg61
06-02-2019, 03:00 AM
Oregon State is eliminated.

What's the point of being a host team if you're not the home team in all of your games? MSU and LSU both visiting teams tonight. (I'm sure we talk about this every year.)

Getting to bat last for every game and getting the home crowd is a little too unfair for the other 3 teams that made the regional. Host team will also be the away team for the second game of the SR as well. Getting to bat last in the 9th or extra innings is a huge advantage in baseball.