PDA

View Full Version : It?s been a while but what happened to Ginn?

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
05-31-2019, 03:12 PM
Is he ok? Is it a lingering issue?
I just read he was pulled while warming up on another site.
Hopefully it?s not serious.

Todd4State
05-31-2019, 04:05 PM
I think it's precautionary because JT looked like he wanted to stay in and I saw him in the dugout later in the game.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-31-2019, 04:17 PM

Why was he warming up on another site?*

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
05-31-2019, 04:17 PM
Well that’s good news! Thanks.

Leroy Jenkins
05-31-2019, 04:18 PM

Lemmo said his arm "tightened up on him" between innings.
During warm-up tosses for the top of the next inning it wasn't better so they pulled him as a precaution..... Neither Lemonis or Ginn looked too terribly concerned to me. Could be something, could be nothing

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
05-31-2019, 04:18 PM
Lol!
Why was he warming up on another site?*

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
05-31-2019, 04:20 PM
Lemmo said his arm "tightened up on him" between innings.
During warm-up tosses for the top of the next inning it wasn't better so they pulled him as a precaution..... Neither Lemonis or Ginn looked too terribly concerned to me. Could be something, could be nothing

Well let’s go with it’s nothing and hope for the best. Thanks.

VandelayIndustries
05-31-2019, 04:45 PM
Robbie Faulk

@robbiefaulk247
19m19 minutes ago
More
Ginn won't return this Regional. Lemonis said they're going to be careful with him.

Maroonthirteen
05-31-2019, 04:48 PM
Some lady in the stands said he’s been experiencing arm/shoulder soreness

GreenheadDawg
05-31-2019, 04:54 PM
That doesn’t sound good. Hopefully he will be ok

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 05:26 PM
Steve says done for the weekend, should be available next weekend should we advance.

He's thrown more innings this year than any year in his career according to Steve. So you can see why freshmen starters, while they can be extremely valuable, can have difficulties adjusting year 1. We've actually used him pretty judiciously and he even missed some time. Still over his high school max in innings pitched.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 05:33 PM
In the Super, I'd love for us to go Small, Plumlee, Ginn

Give Ginn 2 extra days and the chance of not having to pitch at all

AlSwearengen
05-31-2019, 05:40 PM
In the Super, I'd love for us to go Small, Plumlee, Ginn

Give Ginn 2 extra days and the chance of not having to pitch at all

Yeah, at this point Plumlee is probably our no. 2. I think JT is experiencing that freshman wall. He still has his velocity but it looked like his sinker wasn?t as harsh as it was earlier in the year. I will admit that I got to see only a portion of his start today but what I did see didn?t look like it did early in the year.

Homedawg
05-31-2019, 06:12 PM
That doesn’t sound good. Hopefully he will be ok

He's gonna be overprotective w a guy that went in the first round. As he should.

TaleofTwoDogs
05-31-2019, 10:01 PM
He's gonna be overprotective w a guy that went in the first round. As he should.

My guess is that his parents probably put a condition to his signing with State. Any sign of discomfort he gets pulled. If I had a son with a million dollar arm I know I would be as protective as possible.

WinningIsRelentless
05-31-2019, 10:04 PM
My guess is that his parents probably put a condition to his signing with State. Any sign of discomfort he gets pulled. If I had a son with a million dollar arm I know I would be as protective as possible.
I know if I had a son who got drafted as high as Ginn and the money they were offered, he would be on a bus in the minors right now!

Todd4State
06-01-2019, 12:41 AM
I know if I had a son who got drafted as high as Ginn and the money they were offered, he would be on a bus in the minors right now!

If he has a season like Small did this year he could very well end up making more money by coming to MSU.