PDA

View Full Version : ZUBER IS A DAWG!!! 17 Yeah!

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 12:16 PM
https://twitter.com/Zuber_7More/status/1134505253972455424

msstate7
05-31-2019, 12:18 PM
Credit where credit is due... Moorhead is closing out the offseason strong.

HoopsDawg
Great job by the staff to recognize, identify and close the deal at a huge position of need. He will be starting at outside WR for us.

ShotgunDawg

No doubt. Transfer season has been A+

BeastMan
05-31-2019, 12:27 PM
Gotta give it to JoMo. He’s doing everything he can to address our issues.

thf24
05-31-2019, 12:28 PM

He'd need to find a good DT for an A+ in my opinion, but no doubt, the two transfers thus far have been huge as far as addressing concerns about the offense.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 12:30 PM
He'd need to find a good DT for an A+ in my opinion, but no doubt, the two transfers thus far have been huge as far as addressing concerns about the offense.

I think we get the Love kid from Louisville. There's your A+

ScoobaDawg
05-31-2019, 12:31 PM

Not one out there. we are getting a transfer from Louisville that should be able to play this year instead

Johnson85
05-31-2019, 12:32 PM

We had three major question marks coming into the off season. He appears to have addressed two out of the three, and probably the two most important ones. I guess it's quibbling, but I'd say while that's not perfect, it still qualifies as an A+ to me.

HoopsDawg
05-31-2019, 12:36 PM
We had three major question marks coming into the off season. He appears to have addressed two out of the three, and probably the two most important ones. I guess it's quibbling, but I'd say while that's not perfect, it still qualifies as an A+ to me.

Got a good transfer punter too.

msstate7
05-31-2019, 12:38 PM
Got a good transfer punter too.

And with our offense that's huge

I kid, I kid

Irondawg
05-31-2019, 12:50 PM
But punter was a def. weakness last year so we're better at WR, P and have good competition at QB. DT still a concern but Love will help if he gets cleared and we didn't really miss on a difference maker there anyway

gravedigger
05-31-2019, 12:54 PM

He is addressing needs pretty well. Of course the proof of the pudding will be in how the chemistry works between qb and the skill players.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 12:55 PM
He is addressing needs pretty well. Of course the proof of the pudding will be in how the chemistry works between qb and the skill players.

The chemistry piece is obviously the massive unknown here

I am excited though that our schedule is easy for the first 4 weeks. Gives the new guys a chance to get going

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 01:08 PM
2 biggest weak points on the team last year were WR and QB. We got transfers at both.

Biggest depth issue this year is DT. Supposed to get one soon.

Moorhead gets it folks.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 01:08 PM
NM

Johnson85
05-31-2019, 01:25 PM

Did we have any chemistry last year? Honest question.

mparkerfd20
05-31-2019, 01:25 PM
Nm wrong thread

deadheaddawg
05-31-2019, 01:28 PM
I thought we fired Moorhead a couple of weeks ago

gravedigger
05-31-2019, 01:32 PM

Some. But when the qb is confused it's hard to have any.

Johnson85
05-31-2019, 02:14 PM
Some. But when the qb is confused it's hard to have any.

I guess that's what I was thinking. As long as we're not having fist fights between players, it seems like it can't be any worse next year.

Dolphus Raymond
05-31-2019, 02:17 PM
Doing what it takes to win I like it.

Dawgology
05-31-2019, 02:40 PM
Hail state

msudawg1200
05-31-2019, 02:50 PM
Huge. This could be a 9 win season.

Jack Lambert
05-31-2019, 03:09 PM

I think what helps is his offense and these guys with only one year left to play needing to play instantly.

TrapGame
05-31-2019, 03:13 PM
Huge. This could be a 9 win season.

Agree. Next season could be a thousand times better than most thought after the bowl game.

msu15
05-31-2019, 03:31 PM
How about that self imposed probation Shotgun? I'll hang up and listen.

msstate7
05-31-2019, 03:36 PM

Are we at 85 now?

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 03:40 PM

Great moves by Moorhead.

He's showed me something

Lord McBuckethead
05-31-2019, 03:47 PM

No and you can't 17 up what is already 17 upped

Lord McBuckethead
05-31-2019, 03:48 PM
Are we at 85 now?

I do not think so i think we are at 83 or something.

Todd4State
05-31-2019, 04:08 PM
The chemistry piece is obviously the massive unknown here

I am excited though that our schedule is easy for the first 4 weeks. Gives the new guys a chance to get going

It's not like the chemistry looked real good with KT and the receivers before though.

TrapGame
05-31-2019, 04:14 PM
Well let's face it. The chemistry can't get much worse. If Stevens and Zuber can be the fifth year leaders on offense to rally around then so be it.

msstate7
05-31-2019, 05:00 PM

If we have 2 spots, I hope he take 2 more grad transfers

Coach34
05-31-2019, 05:14 PM
JoeVester has had a great offseason. But the WR pull is HUGE for this team. Biggest hole on the team and he pulled a legit player that will start. Gives us a legit chance to win 8 this year.

Leroy Jenkins
05-31-2019, 05:20 PM
Gives us a legit chance to win 8 this year.

Where do you see the 5 losses?

DownwardDawg
05-31-2019, 05:22 PM
And with our offense that's huge

I kid, I kid

Hahaha!!!!

Coach34
05-31-2019, 05:52 PM
JoeVester has had a great offseason. But the WR pull is HUGE for this team. Biggest hole on the team and he pulled a legit player that will start. Gives us a legit chance to win 8 this year.

We arent beating Bama...and LSU will be tough. Dont see us winning on the road at Auburn or A&M. At Tennessee will be a big game- Sabanites are usually much better in Year 2.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-31-2019, 06:08 PM

This puts us at 85.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 06:20 PM
JoeVester

I'm crying

Coach007
05-31-2019, 06:32 PM
We arent beating Bama...and LSU will be tough. Dont see us winning on the road at Auburn or A&M. At Tennessee will be a big game- Sabanites are usually much better in Year 2.

All of those teams are beatable.... all of them.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 06:41 PM

Too early to tell on that A&M game. They just don't have "it" and until they do, we should never conceded anything to them. I mean, we've beaten them 3 years in a row

maroonmania
05-31-2019, 07:46 PM
This puts us at 85.

Does the 85 include the Louisville DT transfer?

msstate7
05-31-2019, 07:48 PM
This puts us at 85.

Excellent

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 07:48 PM
Does the 85 include the Louisville DT transfer?

Yes

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 07:50 PM
No more probation!!!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGcyxXh873h5M4x2/giphy.gif

Coach34
05-31-2019, 07:55 PM
All of those teams are beatable.... all of them.

by Clemson- Yes

by Miss State? No

Coach34
05-31-2019, 07:58 PM
Too early to tell on that A&M game. They just don't have "it" and until they do, we should never conceded anything to them. I mean, we've beaten them 3 years in a row

We will be a 7 point Dawg on the road. Could we pull it off? Maybe. But they had a top recruiting class, Jimbo is in Year 2, and he has a QB that will be in his 3rd year starting. We are a solid underdog there. Same with Auburn- they have a new QB and that could be a problem- but so many of the other pieces are in place for them. And its on the road. As is Tenn.

We wont be favored in any of those 3 road games- and JoeVester aint beating Bama. LSU? We'll see

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 08:11 PM
We will be a 7 point Dawg on the road. Could we pull it off? Maybe. But they had a top recruiting class, Jimbo is in Year 2, and he has a QB that will be in his 3rd year starting. We are a solid underdog there. Same with Auburn- they have a new QB and that could be a problem- but so many of the other pieces are in place for them. And its on the road. As is Tenn.

We wont be favored in any of those 3 road games- and JoeVester aint beating Bama. LSU? We'll see

I agree. I'm just not willing to concede anything to A&M until they prove they are something.

I fully expect to play like shit at Jordan Hare just like always

TrapGame
05-31-2019, 08:19 PM
I think we beat LSU. O has that one SEC game every year that's a complete WTF.

We ain't beatin' Bama. I'd love it. Ain't happening.

A&M and Auburn will be interesting games. Right now with the way things are with Gus it would not surprise me if we beat them.

Bothrops
05-31-2019, 08:59 PM
Before the transfers I was saying we'd lose to LSU by 4 td's. Now I think the game is closer, probably a lot closer. Can't beat Bama and A&M could be much better this year. At Auburn cheats, so if the game is anywhere near close- we lose. At Tenn is really winnable now, as long as we don't lay in the second half. We will win one or two more games than before.

R2Dawg
05-31-2019, 09:10 PM
I agree. I'm just not willing to concede anything to A&M until they prove they are something.

I fully expect to play like shit at Jordan Hare just like always

Agree shotgun, we have TAMU number and I'm not giving them anything unlike the media. They gotta prove it and earn it. We can and have beat them.

Auburn, yeah they get all the breaks in Auburn. We should be owning them too not for some lucky wins. I'm not conceding anything to them either though; they are no better program than we are the records show that.

gravedigger
05-31-2019, 09:52 PM
It's not like the chemistry looked real good with KT and the receivers before though.

correct, but effectiveness will not happen on offense until chemistry is established. A bunch of very talented confused players will play like shit no matter the other factors.

Zuber and Stevens are great additions. their star value and potential will not be enough.

I think Joe surprises some folks this year.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2019, 10:16 PM
All you guys saying "8 or 9 wins now", don't forget you said that shit if we step on our peckers this year and win 6 or 7 and someone says something critical about your boy Joe. That being said, comparing him to Sly is no longer accurate bc Sly would have never addressed needs this quickly because he always needed an excuse so he could say "wait until we get _____."

Kudos to Joe. You've got more talent, now go do something with it Big Joseph

msstate7
05-31-2019, 10:21 PM
All you guys saying "8 or 9 wins now", don't forget you said that shit if we step on our peckers this year and win 6 or 7 and someone says something critical about your boy Joe. That being said, comparing him to Sly is no longer accurate bc Sly would have never addressed needs this quickly because he always needed an excuse so he could say "wait until we get _____."

You'll never get the hardcore joe guys to admit anything is joe's fault. If we win 8, it'll be bc joe is great. If we win 6, Mullen left joe nothing to work with. On the other hand, if we win 8, I will be first one here to admit I was wrong. Gotta admit that I'm really happy with how joe is entering the summer. Still, I wanna see the offense improve before crowning joe king

MetEdDawg
05-31-2019, 10:29 PM
You'll never get the hardcore joe guys to admit anything is joe's fault. If we win 8, it'll be bc joe is great. If we win 6, Mullen left joe nothing to work with. On the other hand, if we win 8, I will be first one here to admit I was wrong. Gotta admit that I'm really happy with how joe is entering the summer. Still, I wanna see the offense improve before crowning joe king

Does the fact we had to get a transfer QB, WR, and DT not show that at least to some degree, Mullen did leave us some gaps to fill?

MedDawg
05-31-2019, 10:32 PM

Before Mullen left, it was nearly a consensus that State was only going to win 6 in 2019 due to losing so many critical players.

msstate7
05-31-2019, 10:34 PM
Before Mullen left, it was nearly a consensus that State was only going to win 6 in 2019 due to losing so many critical players.

I'm not gonna be mad about 6-6/7-5. I think that's where we should be this season. Auburn, aTm, Bama, and LSU are better. Tenn is gonna be a hell of a lot tougher than most here think.

DancingRabbit
05-31-2019, 10:37 PM

I'm not in that camp. I was in the 7-8 camp before the transfers. I was expecting us to get a transfer or two. We did well, so I'm now closer to being in the 8 camp. Things always turn out different than expected in league play with who is up and who is flailing. But as it looks now, that 9th win looks pretty tough. Feeling much better about 8 though.

Schultzy
05-31-2019, 10:50 PM
We had zero SEC wide receivers on the roster last year and a gimpy QB who was a fraction of his former self running the ball (through fault of his own) who never could throw it well anyway.

Many of you overrated the team bc we had a great defense in an offensive era and were disappointed so you got down on Moorhead.

Time will tell on him as a HC but I still think he could succeed.

Goldendawg
06-01-2019, 12:18 AM
I'm not gonna be mad about 6-6/7-5. I think that's where we should be this season. Auburn, aTm, Bama, and LSU are better. Tenn is gonna be a hell of a lot tougher than most here think.

I don't get the "not gonna be mad about 6-6/7-5". I saw my 1st game at 8 years old in 1963 and have certainly seen more bad years than good, but not mad at a potential 6-6 in 2019? 6-6 will mean we probably go 4-0 in OOC games, unless one team has a pulse and we lose and then go 2-6 in the conference games. Is the cupboard that empty all of a sudden and we have not built a program at all? I will consider 4-0 in OOC games and 2-6 in the SEC a very serious step back under any MSU HC at this time. JMO. I expect 7-5 at the least. Hail State!

msbulldog
06-01-2019, 06:36 AM

Good to see you Coach.

Jarius
06-01-2019, 06:47 AM

We will most certainly be favored against Tennessee.