PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah Zuber Highlights

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 09:07 AM
Kind of a bigger Kevin Prentiss type IMO. Really really good player.

If we can find a main WR that can catch 50 or so balls, I can't imagine how that may open Guidry down the field. He may not catch it, but at least we'll have opportunities. We really needed a sure handed, reliable WR that Joe can draw up plays for.

Also, if we land Zuber, it conceivable to say that, outside of Dak Prescott playing QB (Which is obviously huge), this is the most talented offense we will have fielded in many many years. At very least the most explosive with Hill, Guidry, & Zuber all being legit "take it to the house" types. Stevens & KT can also take it to the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8rfWcCMXQI

Covercorner2
05-31-2019, 09:12 AM
Kind of a bigger Kevin Prentiss type IMO. Really really good player.

If we can find a main WR that can catch 50 or so balls, I can't imagine how that may open Guidry down the field. He may not catch it, but at least we'll have opportunities. We really needed a sure handed, reliable WR that Joe can draw up plays for.

Also, if we land Zuber, it conceivable to say that, outside of Dak Prescott playing QB (Which is obviously huge), this is the most talented offense we will have fielded in many many years. At very least the most explosive with Hill, Guidry, & Zuber all being legit "take it to the house" types. Stevens & KT can also take it to the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8rfWcCMXQI

Hell looks like we could use him on special teams too.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 09:15 AM
Hell looks like we could use him on special teams too.

Oh yeah, he's a punt returner as well.

Would be an absolutely huge pickup for us.

Additionally, we have 4 easy early games to give these guys a chance to gel

Dawg61
05-31-2019, 09:17 AM
Good player hope we get him also that's the worst song I've heard since Nkemdiche made one.

KOdawg1
05-31-2019, 09:21 AM
The addition of Stevens and, hopefully, Zuber will give Moorhead a chance to show recruits (and fans) what his offense can do. We just had a terrible combination last year of a QB who couldn't throw and receivers who couldn't catch. He won't have that excuse next year. It's time to start seeing results

msstate7
05-31-2019, 09:29 AM
Let's say he is a difference maker at wr... would you put him on special teams? I love the idea of him returning, but seems like a good place to get hurt

Covercorner2
05-31-2019, 09:39 AM
One thing that stands out to me is the way this guy catches the ball. Seems to always try to high point the ball, use his hands, and catch the ball first before he does anything. That's important for his size, and, frankly, something our current WRs need to work on.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 09:46 AM
Let's say he is a difference maker at wr... would you put him on special teams? I love the idea of him returning, but seems like a good place to get hurt

I think it's worth the risk. Plus, he'd be coming here to improve his draft stock & returning punts would help him do that.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 09:46 AM
One thing that stands out to me is the way this guy catches the ball. Seems to always try to high point the ball, use his hands, and catch the ball first before he does anything. That's important for his size, and, frankly, something our current WRs need to work on.

Well...... it is a highlight reel. Doubt they show many drops & poor catches on there.

I mostly agree though

Prediction? Pain.
05-31-2019, 10:30 AM

Well...... it is a highlight reel. Doubt they show many drops & poor catches on there.

I mostly agree though

I said this in an SPS thread a day or two ago, but it's relevant here, too:

Zuber's catch rate -- which is the % of targets to him that resulted in receptions -- was about 68% last year. (77 targets, 52 catches, 619 yards, 5 TDs.) That was the highest among all KSU players who had more than 100 yards receiving (which includes three other WRs and one RB). And it wasn't that Zuber was playing with top-tier QBs or other go-to WRs that diverted defenses' attention. KSU's QBs combined for a 57% completion rate and the second lowest QB rating in the Big 12 last year, and the WRs with the second and third most yards receiving both had sub-54% catch rates.

How does Zuber's 68% stack up with the catch rates for our top three WRs last year? Guidry - 38%. Mitchell - 52%. Thomas - 56%. Of our top ten pass catchers, the only two who had higher catch rates than Zuber were our RBs, Kylin and Aeries. And the only WR in that group that broke 60%, Mixon, is transferring.

Come on down, Zuber!

bigplayslay
05-31-2019, 10:34 AM
Does anybody know this guy's 40 time? He looks like he can fly

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2019, 10:43 AM
Does anybody know this guy's 40 time? He looks like he can fly

My guess is that he hasn't run a 40 in years.

However, he doesn't come across as a burner to me. Looks to me to be more like a body control based, 4.5 type guy that runs really good routes & catches the ball.

I see some Demarcus Lodge in him