PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Regional discussion

CadaverDawg
05-31-2019, 12:06 AM
Just a few questions and opinions to discuss as we approach Regional Game 1:

Do you guys think we see Lemonis go back to Westburg in the 2 hole to try to show confidence in him vs Southern? I could see him doing it for 2 reasons....1) bc it will show Westburg that the coaches believe in him, & 2) It's a high likelihood that he will be able to get a hit or two vs Southern which would be a win/win in combination with point #1.

Will Mac be close to 100%? We need him to be as close to it as possible by Supers

Is Colby White going to pitch this weekend? I hope his SECT absence was precautionary if an injury was involved. We are going to need him.

I really feel like being back home could get us rolling again and build some momentum. If we struggle early against the junk thrower, I fear we'll get in our own heads, so I'm really hoping we come out with a good approach and beat the brakes off of these boys.

preachermatt83
05-31-2019, 04:21 AM
Mac is at about 75 percent

Dawgbite
05-31-2019, 06:15 AM
Mac will DH today and might possibly be a late inning substitution in right field if the game is well in hand. Westy's problems have been solved, I dug through my T shirts and found my Rally Banana shirt. All he needs is a little good juju!

Todd4State
05-31-2019, 06:21 AM
He might hit Westburg second. I'd like to see Tanner Allen have a shot at hitting second personally.

I think Mac finds a way to play even though I doubt he is 100%.

Colby White? We'll see. We're definitely going to need him. Whatever kept him out of the SEC Tournament is hopefully behind him.

The Federalist Engineer
05-31-2019, 06:29 AM
We are gonna get a curveball throwing lefty from Southern. Need to be prepared.

I looked up the box score last year, MSU won 5-0 but scored 4 in the 8th. That was last year with a not great MSU team (14-15 record, prior to the game) and a very bad Southern team. The Southern starter that pitched 4 shutout innings is now a junior at Southern, John? Guienze

We actually threw the entire staff and got a shutout. McQ then we threw a new pitcher every inning or so. Shutout even survived Kale Breaux walking 3, hitting a guy, and throwing a wild pitch in 0.2 innings of work.

Only Mangum, Allen, Gilbert, and Foscue are guaranteed to be repeat starters. 3 of those 4 are entirely better today, one of those was always an All American.

Todd4State
05-31-2019, 07:10 AM
Yeah we need to lay off the curveball out of the zone. I have a feeling that was a point of emphasis this week in practice.

Hambone
05-31-2019, 07:47 AM
I mean, the guy has walked way more than he has struck out. They just have to stay diligent at the plate