PDA

View Full Version : SEC voting on alcohol in stadiums tomorrow

Marvin
05-30-2019, 07:40 PM
Does our state law still override this if the SEC votes to allow?

I think it?s a given if they want butts in seats moving forward.

msstate7
05-30-2019, 07:47 PM
If state law prevents it, I don't see the sec overriding it. Now if the sec approves it, I could see the state allowing it

Rick Danko
05-30-2019, 08:58 PM
Be it this year or next few, it?s an inevitability... get it done

Liverpooldawg
05-30-2019, 09:20 PM
Does our state law still override this if the SEC votes to allow?

I think it?s a given if they want butts in seats moving forward.

LAW always overrides SEC regulations.

AROB44
05-31-2019, 09:25 AM
Great....legalize the sale of achohol at football games will just add more drunk obnoxious fans. Guess there will be some great fights in the stands. I already have some drunken jerks around me at games....don't want more.

msstate7
05-31-2019, 09:27 AM
Great....legalize the sale of achohol at football games will just add more drunk obnoxious fans. Guess there will be some great fights in the stands. I already have some drunken jerks around me at games....don't want more.

So pretty much nothing will change, but more money for school

sonofozarka
05-31-2019, 11:29 AM
If we're talking about it from a legal standpoint, how is it legal to allow people to bring it in suites but not the rest of the sections? Or how is it legal that they're selling it in "beer gardens" at some SEC baseball stadiums but not for those sitting in the "commoner" sections?

Is the right to buy or bring in alcohol only a privilege for the rich people that buy club seats?

Also, what other entertainment venue doesn't sell alcohol? I can get it at a restaurant, concert, movie, broadway show, theme park, pro sporting event, etc...

What the hell is the downside? Everyone drinks outside of the stadium and sneaks it in if they want it anyway, the schools might as well make money from it

mstatefan91
05-31-2019, 11:34 AM

Most of the studies/research into this suggest that the opposite actually happens.. You have less binge drinking at the tailgates and more responsible drinking inside the stadium because the beer costs $6-$8 a pop..

But, the SEC does have its own tailgating culture which may just continue despite the sale of alcohol in the stadium.

BulldogDX55
05-31-2019, 11:34 AM

Actually, it will lead to fewer drunk out of their mind folks.

You see, the ones who want to be that way at a game are going to smuggle in a flask of jack or Jim and put the whole thing in their first drink. A flask holds 4-8 shots in it. So, a guy will be wasted by the end of the first quarter if he puts that down.

Compare that to stadium beer sales. It'll most likely be $8 pints of bud light or similar. Also. The water in the beer will dilute and hydrate, reducing the effects. It will take the whole game for them to consume the same amount of alcohol- and they will also be limited by their wallet.

Combine those factors and you'll have more people who have consumed alcohol, but fewer sloppy drunks and more money for the school.