PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Football Home Schedule

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2019, 12:33 PM
We often talk here about the declining attendance in college football & the reasons for it.

Imagine you were an Alabama season ticket holder & payed who knows what for those tickets, but this is the schedule you got.

The question is: would this be a bad schedule if there was more parity in college football? If Alabama actually felt like one of these game may be decided by less than double digits, would they draw more fans or less?

https://twitter.com/JohnHayesOnAir/status/1134148671606579201

MetEdDawg
05-30-2019, 01:12 PM
For anyone wondering, Bama early line projections against LSU are -17. So before anyone says that could potentially be a good game, no one really thinks it will be

Gutter Cobreh
05-30-2019, 01:23 PM
We often talk here about the declining attendance in college football & the reasons for it.

Imagine you were an Alabama season ticket holder & payed who knows what for those tickets, but this is the schedule you got.

The question is: would this be a bad schedule if there was more parity in college football? If Alabama actually felt like one of these game may be decided by less than double digits, would they draw more fans or less?

If my memory serves me correctly, I also think they are starting renovations to the stadium next year as well. What if you're a season ticket holder who will be displaced from your normal seats and in a new section due to renovations, only to watch those games? That has to add to the frustration level.

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2019, 01:31 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, I also think they are starting renovations to the stadium next year as well. What if you're a season ticket holder who will be displaced from your normal seats and in a new section due to renovations, only to watch those games? That has to add to the frustration level.

Yup.

And to add: there is no benefit to consolidating college football rather than just reducing the scholarships to where the talent is more spread out across the country.

With just a little bit of alterations to the scholarship allotment, Alabama goes from blowing everyone on this schedule out to having 3 home games that would be competitive.

Which schedule makes more money & is better for the sport?

Liverpooldawg
05-30-2019, 02:01 PM
They will still sell out every game.

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2019, 02:02 PM

Correct, but it won't be full

Maroonthirteen
05-30-2019, 02:04 PM

Maybe technically but not in reality. The corners of that EZ upper deck has empties often.

However, if tickets prices were more reasonable, Alabama would have butts in every seat for every one of those games.

drunkernhelldawg
05-30-2019, 02:05 PM
Football is a great game, but you won't see it during a non-competitive game. So why would you go to all the trouble and expense of attending? Couldn't be for the game.

Personally, I'd love to see all of the cupcakes off our schedule. Make every play matter and all that stuff.

drunkernhelldawg
05-30-2019, 02:09 PM
Score predictions:

Alabama 70 NMSU 7
Alabama 45 USM 13
Alabama 51 WCU 3

The conference games should be closer They could even lose one of those.

fishwater99
05-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Don't they have Tenn at home too?

drunkernhelldawg
05-30-2019, 02:18 PM
Don't they have Tenn at home too?

yes

TUSK
05-30-2019, 03:39 PM
I think a lot of apathy/slightly lower attendance numbers has as much to do with how good they've been as it does the opponents they schedule... combined with the convenience of sittin' at home and the astronomical prices, it's not surprising...

And while I agree that if the games were more competitive the actual "butts in seats" numbers would likely increase, the increase in game and ad revenues would be negligible, IMO...

Saltydog
05-30-2019, 04:35 PM

Furthermore, Clemson's Bitch has the easiest OOC schedule in the league.

TUSK
05-30-2019, 04:48 PM
Furthermore, Clemson's Bitch has the easiest OOC schedule in the league.

Absolutely it's a weak OOC slate... especially when you compare it to the prior decade where they've played some pretty decent teams... not that it matters who they play OOC in the regular season....