PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any info on WR Isaiah Zuber from K-State visiting?

msudawg1200
05-30-2019, 07:57 AM
Saw on another board he is on campus now for an official visit. Anyone have any info if we have a good shot, or if this is a done deal? I remember last year he and the RB from K-State were the only ones that scared me. He's pretty darn good. I think this would be a huge get. Thoughts?

msstate7
05-30-2019, 08:04 AM
Also, who are the other expected visits?

Jarius
05-30-2019, 08:20 AM
It's almost a done deal. He should wrap it up in maroon and white soon.

TrapGame
05-30-2019, 08:29 AM
It's almost a done deal. He should wrap it up in maroon and white soon.

Really?!

Damn, that was quick. He'd be a solid pick up.

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2019, 09:28 AM
If we land Zuber, we'll officially be able to say in the accent of Sammy Sosa, "The transfer portal has been beddy beddy good to us."

msstate7
05-30-2019, 09:31 AM
If we land Zuber, we'll officially be able to say in the accent of Sammy Sosa, "The transfer portal has been beddy beddy good to us."

Indeed. Wish we could've gotten a dt grad transfer though

Ifyouonlyknew
05-30-2019, 09:32 AM
Things are looking really well. Tommy Stevens is in town too helping with the sales pitch.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-30-2019, 09:33 AM

Wasn't much available in the way of quality. We did get a DT Transfer who should be immediately eligible albeit a young 1.

PMDawg
05-30-2019, 09:37 AM
Things are looking really well. Tommy Stevens is in town too helping with the sales pitch.

Adding Stevens and Zuber will get me on board the 7-8 win train, with a shot at more, very quickly.

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2019, 09:41 AM

Looks like we are getting that guy from Louisville

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2019, 09:42 AM
Adding Stevens and Zuber will get me on board the 7-8 win train, with a shot at more, very quickly.

Just depends on how much of the offense they can learn & the chemistry they build not only with each other but with the rest of the team.

Grad transfers can be dicey with team chemistry. Hopefully our guys are mature enough to handle it.

fieldcorporal
05-30-2019, 09:47 AM
It was Chico Escuela, also known as Garrett Morris on Saturday Night Live.

msstate7
05-30-2019, 09:49 AM

Thought he has to sit a year, but even better if not

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2019, 09:50 AM
Thought he has to sit a year, but even better if not

Would be absurd if his waiver was denied as he actually has real reasons to move closer to home when the Miami & Ohio State transfers were approved

msudawg1200
05-30-2019, 10:48 AM
Zuber also led the Big 12 in punt returns. He played high school with Sweat and Rivers. This would be a huge get.

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2019, 10:57 AM
Zuber also led the Big 12 in punt returns. He played high school with Sweat and Rivers. This would be a huge get.

That Stone Mountain HS team must've been hell on wheels. Sheesh

Coach007
05-30-2019, 11:00 AM

Had I seen this thread, I would have posted in it. Hill has tweeted

Jack Lambert
05-30-2019, 11:09 AM
Had I seen this thread, I would have posted in it. Hill has tweeted

I am a dumbass.

BrunswickDawg
05-30-2019, 11:22 AM

It was Stephenson HS in Stone Mountain. Sweat was a ‘14 signee, Rivers and Zuber were ‘15.
Stephenson in 13 went 9-3 overall, and 7-2 in region play. Got knocked out of the playoffs in the second round.
In ‘14 they went 8-4 and 5-0 in region and got knocked out again in the second round.

RiverCityDawg
05-30-2019, 12:00 PM
Just depends on how much of the offense they can learn & the chemistry they build not only with each other but with the rest of the team.

Chemistry, sure, but they've got all summer for that. As far as learning the offense, I'm sure Stevens knows it better than anyone else on the team plus the coaches not named Moorhead or Breiner. With Zuber there's only so many routes in the route tree so I'm sure he'll be fine.

bulldawg28
05-30-2019, 01:26 PM

The kid from Birmingham, right? What's his name?

NickoeWatersHedges
05-30-2019, 05:15 PM
Man those Stevenson teams were absolutely loaded. Last year that one high school had 51 D1 players on current rosters. We must establish a foothold in DeKalb co, Fulton co, Cobb, and Gwinnett. So much talent comes from ATL, Marks our RB commit will be a beast IMO based on the highlight tape. Zuber should (and will hopefully) come play his last year with Chauncey
It was Stephenson HS in Stone Mountain. Sweat was a ?14 signee, Rivers and Zuber were ?15.
Stephenson in 13 went 9-3 overall, and 7-2 in region play. Got knocked out of the playoffs in the second round.
In ?14 they went 8-4 and 5-0 in region and got knocked out again in the second round.

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Man those Stevenson teams were absolutely loaded. Last year that one high school had 51 D1 players on current rosters. We must establish a foothold in DeKalb co, Fulton co, Cobb, and Gwinnett. So much talent comes from ATL, Marks our RB commit will be a beast IMO based on the highlight tape. Zuber should (and will hopefully) come play his last year with Chauncey

Think about the number of recent National Title winners that recruit Atlanta heavily.

Clemson, Bama, FSU, Auburn. Not to mention that Ohio State also gets players from there

NickoeWatersHedges
05-30-2019, 05:52 PM
No doubt. Nowadays the blue bloods are everywhere though including our own backyard. Preston Smith was a 2 star out of Stevenson, there’s too many great players in ATL to not be there. Especially given the success that our Georgia kids have had. There’s tons of kids who want to play in the West.

BrunswickDawg
05-30-2019, 08:14 PM
No doubt. Nowadays the blue bloods are everywhere though including our own backyard. Preston Smith was a 2 star out of Stevenson, there’s too many great players in ATL to not be there. Especially given the success that our Georgia kids have had. There’s tons of kids who want to play in the West.

It's not just ATL - it's statewide. We have some great talent down here in South Georgia too.