PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop with the HUD threads?

Drugdog
10-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Enough already.

TheRef
10-23-2013, 02:33 PM
+1000. We will cross this bridge when we come to it. How about that?

engie
10-23-2013, 02:35 PM
I always enjoy the irony of when people start a new thread for something they are professing to want to stop... while contributing to the very problem they are complaining about.

The Hud threads will stop when Mullen steps up and stops them...

Goat Holder
10-23-2013, 02:41 PM

This is probably the best post I've seen on the subject. I think we all can agree there. Break the mold, Mullen.

camsu
10-23-2013, 03:00 PM
A new thread everyday on Hud will not change anything, only makes the "stands" one way or the other stronger. We know people a few want Hud regardless and others only if Mullen leaves - so we know, enough

fishwater99
10-23-2013, 03:22 PM
This is probably the best post I've seen on the subject. I think we all can agree there. Break the mold, Mullen.

So true.. Mullen wins 4 more games this year, including the Egg, and all is well...

godlluB
10-23-2013, 03:29 PM
http://imsky.co/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/url6.jpg

Thick
10-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Thank you baby Jesus!! Hud this, Hud that, shit guys, calm down. Stay the course with Dan first.

Political Hack
10-23-2013, 03:51 PM
sweet little 8 lb 6 oz baby Jesus.

Coach34
10-23-2013, 04:13 PM
After we win tomorrow- I'm going to start merging all the Hud threads into 1 thread. Shit's getting old quick

If we somehow lose? Gotta let them roll

Political Hack
10-23-2013, 04:34 PM
I heard Hud told Mt. Everest to climb him.

BulldogBear
10-23-2013, 04:34 PM
After we win tomorrow- I'm going to start merging all the Hud threads into 1 thread. Shit's getting old quick

If we somehow lose? Gotta let them roll

Sounds good

MarketingBully01
10-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Yeah, if we lose tomorrow all of the threads that have developed since Saturday when the Bears beat the mad hatter should go up 10 fold and deservedly so. Heck, I will join the fire Mullen pack if we lose to Kentucky tomorrow. They are by far the worst team in the SEC. Then we get to play a team that is ever so slightly a notch above them and lastly play a team that hasn't beat us in Starkville since those freshmen were eight year olds. It seems to me that even Ed "Karl Childers" Orgeron could get us to 6-6 and a bowl with the remaining games. That is why I am thinking Mullen should be able to get us to a bowl with the remaining schedule.

mic
10-23-2013, 05:11 PM
I agree we lose Thursday night we can roll with the Fire CDM threads.
But can we please pump the brakes on HUD.. This is STILL an SEC gig with soon to be VERY good facilities and what is suppose to be a pretty good team coming back for next year. So getting a big name guy or a hot assistant isn't out of reach
So Question for all you Hud lovers..
what if our final 5 finalist are :
1. Art Briles
2. Chad Morris (OC at Clemson)
3. The "chosen one" Hud
4. Kyle Whittingham (Utah head coach. I know for a fact he was very interested in job when we hired Mullen and when Mullen was rumored leaving)
5. Bobby P. ( we all know he is gone after this year or the next year )

Would You still want Hud.???

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 05:12 PM
ULL ran 3 plays the entire game. Everything else came from play action off those 3 I was not impressed at all.

Political Hack
10-23-2013, 05:17 PM
ULL ran 3 plays the entire game. Everything else came from play action off those 3 I was not impressed at all.

fair assessment, but do you remember how we beat Florida and how we've beaten OM? Same plays over and over.

Freeze will run the same play over and over too.

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 05:23 PM
fair assessment, but do you remember how we beat Florida and how we've beaten OM? Same plays over and over.

Freeze will run the same play over and over too.

It takes a stupid DC not to adjust and allow one or three plays beat you. ULL ran an offsett H-back which lined up 75% of the time where the ball was going.

engie
10-23-2013, 05:27 PM

They put up 265 on the ground and 205 through the air -- while giving up 168 total yards to the 2 time defending Sun Belt champions on the road. Why the heck would they get complex with it when Arky St couldn't stop what they were doing? I find it refreshing to see a team find something that works and stick with it until it's stopped -- vs doing it for a huge play once/week and never coming back to it -- while pounding a square peg into a round hole with shit that don't work and creating an offensive identity crisis.

Political Hack
10-23-2013, 05:44 PM
It takes a stupid DC not to adjust and allow one or three plays beat you. ULL ran an offsett H-back which lined up 75% of the time where the ball was going.

or a smart IC to recognize his best matchup when preparing during the week and exploiting something that the other team simply doesn't have the personnel to stop... like LSU did to us with Beckham and Landry, which helped open up the run game for them too.

Dannyripms
10-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Bingo, engie hit it spot on. Yeah ull ran the same plays but they mixed up the formation to make it look different. I'm betting that team knows those plays better than the back of their hands and can run them PERFECT every time. If the other team can't stop it then keep running it. Simple as that. And by the way, I'd chose HUD as our head coach over any of them you got their

Political Hack
10-23-2013, 05:58 PM
But can we please pump the brakes on HUD.. This is STILL an SEC gig with soon to be VERY good facilities and what is suppose to be a pretty good team coming back for next year. So getting a big name guy or a hot assistant isn't out of reach
1. Art Briles
3. The "chosen one" Hud
4. Kyle Whittingham (Utah head coach. I know for a fact he was very interested in job when we hired Mullen and when Mullen was rumored leaving)

I think you can take 1 and 2 off that list.

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 05:58 PM
For engie and others so impressed it was the same play Mullen ran 40 times a game minus the counter. That BS won't work in the SEC. Arky State is terrible. Heck, Bowling green would skull drag ULL.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2013, 06:00 PM
I always enjoy the irony of when people start a new thread for something they are professing to want to stop... while contributing to the very problem they are complaining about.

^^^This^^^

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 06:09 PM
With Hud calling plays we still lost to all of the teams crybaby fans whine about. Just because his job title changes won't give him more power than he did the first time around. I'm sure Mullen somehow was the blame for that too.

Political Hack
10-23-2013, 06:12 PM
With Hud calling plays we still lost to all of the teams crybaby fans whine about. Just because his job title changes won't give him more power than he did the first time around. I'm sure Mullen somehow was the blame for that too.

when did Hud ever call our plays?

I'll answer for you. that never happened.

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 06:17 PM
when did Hud ever call our plays?

I'll answer for you. that never happened.

Really? You make my point people acting as if we are a different team and he meant so much while he was here.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 06:18 PM
1. Art Briles
3. The "chosen one" Hud

Yes, because Briles and Morris won't take it, and Hud is the next best. That's what several people don't realize...Hudspeth is about to be a hot commodity. There are too many people unwilling to look at it for what it is, and they just want to disagree just to disagree. A majority of us Hud fans are not saying that we need to fire Mullen RIGHT NOW and hire Hudspeth...we're saying if we finish 5-7 or worse like it appears we will, it needs to happen.

Nobody needs to "pump the brakes" because 99% of us are talking about what needs to happen IF Mullen can't turn it around. And the whole, "what if we can get a big name", is about to be irrelevant because Hudspeth is turning into a Big name before our eyes. So unless you want a retread that is fired from somewhere else, Hud is a Great choice for any program right now IMO. Not just MSU. Because Briles isn't going anywhere outside of Texas, and I personally would rather have Hudspeth than Morris.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 06:21 PM

This is a dumb statement. If you can dominate a team by running 3 plays, you are a damn good coach. If you can win back to back 9 win seasons, and about to be a 3rd straight at ULL while only running 3 plays.l.you are special. Freeze runs about 5 plays a majority of their games and he is becoming known as an offensive guru, yet you want to use that against Hudspeth? Nonsense.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 06:24 PM

It takes a dumbass to continue to run a prevent and give up easy scores, to run a FG kicker out that can't make FG's, to run a 190 LB scat back up the middle, to abandon every play that works on offense, to quit utilizing tight ends that are great, to abandon the screen pass although it's one of your best plays...etc.....

So, either Arkie State has the biggest dumbass dc in the world, or else you could make the same arguments over and over about our current head coach as well.

Your arguments make no sense when the guy is dominating games, his conference, recruiting, etc.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 06:27 PM
For engie and others so impressed it was the same play Mullen ran 40 times a game minus the counter. That BS won't work in the SEC. Arky State is terrible. Heck, Bowling green would skull drag ULL.

Great arguments. I would love to see your stats to back up this brilliant post.

Look, you can disagree about Hud all you want, but when the guy is kicking ass in the Sunbelt just like Freeze and Malzahn did....you're going to have to bring more than "he runs 3 plays and 3 plays only", "BG could skull drag ULL" etc...

Those are weak arguments when you have had a thousand reasons to like the guy laid out in front of you over the past few days imo

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 06:28 PM
This is a dumb statement. If you can dominate a team by running 3 plays, you are a damn good coach. If you can win back to back 9 win seasons, and about to be a 3rd straight at ULL while only running 3 plays.l.you are special. Freeze runs about 5 plays a majority of their games and he is becoming known as an offensive guru, yet you want to use that against Hudspeth? Nonsense.

Why are you on Freeze's dick? If running 5 plays a game makes you a guru the football world is full of idiots.

engie
10-23-2013, 06:29 PM

When did Mullen last win a toss up game on the road? Inquiring minds want to know.

This is laughable. Bowling Green is the 3rd or 4th best team in the MAC -- which isn't as good of a conference top to bottom as the Sun Belt is.

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Great arguments. I would love to see your stats to back up this brilliant post.

Look, you can disagree about Hud all you want, but when the guy is kicking ass in the Sunbelt just like Freeze and Malzahn did....you're going to have to bring more than "he runs 3 plays and 3 plays only", "BG could skull drag ULL" etc...

Those are weak arguments when you have had a thousand reasons to like the guy laid out in front of you over the past few days imo

Newsflash, Freeze and Gus are not measuring sticks. If that's all you want you'll want to change coaches every 4-5 years.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 06:34 PM
My final post in this thread (I think)...

Everybody that is saying "this Hud stuff is premature", "Mullen deserves....", etc...

That's fine for you to think that. And the truth is...most of us that are pushing the Hud thing agree that Dan can still save his job. But at the same time, we are not going to ignore the fact that since Bama last year, we have regressed. So pardon us if we have the ability to look a few games ahead and say "well, just in case things continue as they have been going"... And trying to find a guy that would be a great replacement.

It's not like if Dan goes out and takes care of business against UK, beats SC, competes with A&M and Bama! beats Ark, and beats OM, we all won't be ecstatic...we will! But again, forgive us if we can't see that happening based off of what we've seen the last year. It's ok to play the what if game and plan ahead a little bit based on what you're seeing...especially on a message board. Doesn't mean we hate Mullen...it means we're ready for him to show us something. A little heat never hurts anybody, and sometimes it makes them step the **** up. Hopefully Mullen responds to all of this by making us all shut up with the team's performance on the field.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Newsflash, Freeze and Gus are not measuring sticks. If that's all you want you'll want to change coaches every 4-5 years.

What?? Sure they are. So is the other 9,999 reasons Hud would be a good coach for us if Mullen doesn't turn us around. What are you talking about?

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Why are you on Freeze's dick? If running 5 plays a game makes you a guru the football world is full of idiots.

Who is on Freeze's dick? I'm pointing out stats and facts, you moron. If you can't see the difference I can't help you. Obviously, you don't like stats and facts though based on your other posts.

Look, it's ok to disagree, but the fact that you have nothing to back your argument and you're resulting to stuff like "BG could skull drag Hud", and "why you on freezes dick!!111!!1" shows that you have nothing.

We don't dislike Mullen...we're just looking ahead at IF...IF...IF...he doesn't turn it around and things continue to be subpar as they have since Bama last year

engie
10-23-2013, 06:42 PM

Like the kind that run a pro-style QB out there for 14 games straight in an offense your 2x national champion(and twice more undefeated) mentor already proved WOULD.NOT.WORK with twice the talent you have on your current roster -- only to figure out the offense needs a dual threat by accident because the starter got hurt? That the kind of idiot we're talking about?

Hey, let's run 100 different plays for the hell of it though. Just prescript them all and ignore what works and what doesn't. I'm psyched. Hell, maybe we'll crack the top 40 on offense this year for the first time under Mullen(thanks Dak) -- while all these "idiots" all around college football run 5 perfectly executed plays in a hurry up and put up 5-700 yards/game...and don't need a bulldozer at QB to do it...

Top 3 offenses in the game:
Baylor - hurry up spread running a handful of plays with a QB that can't run
Oregon - hurry up spread running the read option with a QB that can and does run
aTm - hurry up spread running a handful of plays with a QB that's a master of improv. Was formerly the best offense in the land with a statue at QB.

What do they all have in common? Simple, hurry-up spreads that don't overthink anything and run the same plays over and over and over again until you stop them -- at which point, they adjust to your adjustment and run those 5 plays until you change again. So on and so forth.

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 06:44 PM
When did Mullen last win a toss up game on the road? Inquiring minds want to know.

This is laughable. Bowling Green is the 3rd or 4th best team in the MAC -- which isn't as good of a conference top to bottom as the Sun Belt is.

What's laughable is you think beating Arky State on the road is special. It's not even apples to oranges comparisons with the SEC. Since your a stats guy when did Hud, Freeze, or Gus beat a SEC team while coaching in the Sunbelt? It's pathetic our fans allow other fanbases to dictate our beliefs . Little brother syndrome is a hell of a disease.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 06:46 PM
What's laughable is you think beating Arky State on the road is special. It's not even apples to oranges comparisons with the SEC. Since your a stats guy when did Hud, Freeze, or Gus beat a SEC team while coaching in the Sunbelt? It's pathetic our fans allow other fanbases to dictate our beliefs . Little brother syndrome is a hell of a disease.

Actually it IS comparable. Damn, you're bad at this. Is he supposed to beat SEC teams with sunbelt talent genius? He is beating the best in his conference, on the road, CONVINCINGLY. Meanwhile, we can't beat a decent team at HOME in our own conference...and we have SEC talent!

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Who is on Freeze's dick? I'm pointing out stats and facts, you moron. If you can't see the difference I can't help you. Obviously, you don't like stats and facts though based on your other posts.

Look, it's ok to disagree, but the fact that you have nothing to back your argument and you're resulting to stuff like "BG could skull drag Hud", and "why you on freezes dick!!111!!1" shows that you have nothing.

We don't dislike Mullen...we're just looking ahead at IF...IF...IF...he doesn't turn it around and things continue to be subpar as they have since Bama last year

If Mullen turns it around why would he want to give his all to a bunch of whiny unappreciative fans who have no identity and want to be like the newest kid on the block who hasn't stood the test of time?

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Actually it IS comparable. Damn, you're bad at this. Is he supposed to beat SEC teams with sunbelt talent genius? He is beating the best in his conference, on the road, CONVINCINGLY. Meanwhile, we can't beat a decent team at HOME in our own conference...and we have SEC talent!

It's just as stupid as you trying to tell me because he won in the SUNBeLT he'll win in the SEC. Keep trying you'll get it right.

engie
10-23-2013, 06:49 PM

No one dictating my beliefs but me, chief.

When did Mullen beat Gus or Freeze AT MSU? Inquiring minds want to know. But damnnnn, they aren't TREMENDOUS offensive minds -- because they can't beat SEC teams at Arkansas State** You really told us there. Nevermind that Malzahn has AVERAGE rank inside the top 10 in total offense since he became an OC -- and Mullen has not cracked the top 40 since he became a head coach.

Unwavering support of mediocrity and a lack of effort is a HELL of a disease as well.

engie
10-23-2013, 06:50 PM
If Mullen turns it around why would he want to give his all to a bunch of whiny unappreciative fans who have no identity and want to be like the newest kid on the block who hasn't stood the test of time?

I can think of 2.7million reasons. Nice job making his excuses for him though.

How about he keep his word and show some ****ing relentless effort for once. And stop trying to lose to MAC teams at home.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 06:52 PM
It's just as stupid as you trying to tell me because he won in the SUNBeLT he'll win in the SEC. Keep trying you'll get it right.

I didn't say anything about "he will win in the SEC"...that's just a lie and more proof that you have no argument. There is no way to know who will win in the SEC, but we are damn sure making a better argument for it than you are. And it's not like Mullen is tearing up the SEC either, so he doesn't have to win many in the SEC to be status quo around here.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 06:53 PM

Look you sheep....Mullen himself said he has raised expectations. If he cries because we want him to beat someone with a ****ing pulse in year 5...then his ass needs to go because he is a puss. You are making this too easy.

engie
10-23-2013, 06:54 PM

Almost as stupid as claiming that the OC for an offensive-minded head coach that's now win 19 games in a row without him is some sort of special, untouchable coach in the SEC -- when there isn't a publication anywhere that puts him in the top 10 in the conference.

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 06:58 PM
I can think of 2.7million reasons. Nice job making his excuses for him though.

How about he keep his word and show some ****ing relentless effort for once. And stop trying to lose to MAC teams at home.

I guess your bi-polar? You preached and gave stat after stat of how Mullen was great we have so much depth in the secondary with experienced guys this year. Now Mullen hasn't beaten anyone in forever, Brecky Brett is the reason, Hud is the saviour because he rubs shoulders with boosters, Freeze is a genius, Ole Miss is getting hammered....etc. You're all over the place guy.

engie
10-23-2013, 07:00 PM
I didn't say anything about "he will win in the SEC"...that's just a lie and more proof that you have no argument. There is no way to know who will win in the SEC, but we are damn sure making a better argument for it than you are. And it's not like Mullen is tearing up the SEC either, so he doesn't have to win many in the SEC to be status quo around here.

Careful. 13-22 is untouchable at MSU. We should be happy with 3 "good" wins total that all happened in years 1 and 2 -- in the 5th year of a coaching tenure that now sees us getting our asses lit up in recruiting by the only two teams we've consistently beaten under this regime -- and sees us consistently losing toss up games to rebuilding teams via terrible coaching decisions.

All is well. We have no right to demand for better. Even though that's what the coach in question preached for 3 years when he got here and then forgot how to keep up his end of the bargain.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 07:01 PM
I guess your bi-polar? You preached and gave stat after stat of how Mullen was great we have so much depth in the secondary with experienced guys this year. Now Mullen hasn't beaten anyone in forever, Brecky Brett is the reason, Hud is the saviour because he rubs shoulders with boosters, Freeze is a genius, Ole Miss is getting hammered....etc. You're all over the place guy.

Actually a lot of that is true. We can't help it that Dan has not produced when we have as talented and deep of a team. That's just another way of proving Engie's point

engie
10-23-2013, 07:02 PM

No. I gave Mullen the benefit of the doubt in the offseason. Gave him a chance to make changes. Everyone saw the problems. When they weren't made -- and STILL aren't made -- and he's chewing on his playchart like he doesn't give a damn when we damn near lose homecoming to a MAC team, you are damn right I am off the bandwagon. AND nothing short of 7-5 with an Egg Bowl victory is getting me back on. And that's questionable with the shitshow job of recruiting that is virtually guaranteeing there's a February meltdown regardless.

Worry not -- ALL IS WELL!!!1!1
Mullen crootin
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20131023-mkir-16kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20131023-mkir-16kb)

Freeze crootin
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20131023-2lwv-71kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20131023-2lwv-71kb)

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Look you sheep....Mullen himself said he has raised expectations. If he cries because we want him to beat someone with a ****ing pulse in year 5...then his ass needs to go because he is a puss. You are making this too easy.

What's easy and light is obviously your football IQ. He raised the bar, scratch that he set the bar, and after 5 games he's terrible after losing to nationally ranked teams. Disappointment....yes....Fired...Nuts.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 07:04 PM
All is well. We have no right to demand for better. Even though that's what the coach in question preached for 3 years when he got here and then forgot how to keep up his end of the bargain.

Exactly. Too many people talk about Mullen deserving this and deserving that. Well everyone said Jackie deserved to stay as long as he wanted, and Polk too, and look where that got us. MSU is bigger than any coach.

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 07:07 PM
No. I gave Mullen the benefit of the doubt in the offseason. Gave him a chance to make changes. Everyone saw the problems. When they weren't made -- and STILL aren't made -- you are damn right I jumped off the bandwagon.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20131023-mkir-16kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20131023-mkir-16kb)
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20131023-2lwv-71kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20131023-2lwv-71kb)

Before you go all stats mode, chill. I'm not impressed with a group of kids that haven't played one down in the SEC. It doesn't mean jack if you put 10 stars behind his name. It's just like all the committs we lost in 09 or 10 only to realize only CJ Johnson was legit.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 07:10 PM
What's easy and light is obviously your football IQ. He raised the bar, scratch that he set the bar, and after 5 games he's terrible after losing to nationally ranked teams. Disappointment....yes....Fired...Nuts.

Making shit up again. Who said he was terrible? Who said he should be fired RIGHT NOW? Nobody, you clown. You are just making shit up.

If you can't tell that we have been getting worse since the Bama game last year I can't help you. Maybe after taking a year off of giving a damn, Mullen will suddenly regain that fire and start whipping ass. But I'm guessing not. And by the way, when 8 out of 14 teams in your conference are ranked...you've eventually got to beat SOMEBODY that is Nationally Ranked...otherwise you become a doormat. But I would hate for facts to get in the way of your excuse making. Let's just say Dan should never have to beat a ranked team.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Before you go all stats mode, chill. I'm not impressed with a group of kids that haven't played one down in the SEC. It doesn't mean jack if you put 10 stars behind his name. It's just like all the committs we lost in 09 or 10 only to realize only CJ Johnson was legit.

What about the freshmen that just led OM to a win over #6 LSU? You know, that #6 team that beat us by 30 AT HOME. Looks like some of OM's class last year are panning out...but again, don't let facts get in the way.

War Machine Dawg
10-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Enough already.

My advice: Take a sabbatical from all MSU message boards until after we beat the piss out of UK Thursday night. You HAD to know the boards would be ****ing awful with all these Little Brother, Bear Fearing MSU fans this week. I've been on the board maybe 3 times in as many days, and pretty much don't click a thread that isn't related to baseball or something else. Hud or Mullen in the thread title is an EASY ignore sign. Or a long page count.

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 07:27 PM
What about the freshmen that just led OM to a win over #6 LSU? You know, that #6 team that beat us by 30 AT HOME. Looks like some of OM's class last year are panning out...but again, don't let facts get in the way.

And the one that made the most impact was Derek Jones a little ole nobody from Eupora starting for the first time in the secondary. He kept the All world Wr's at bay. And he was the least of the heralded class proving again stars aren't jack. Ole also had walkons playing. I see you love Ole Miss. Hotty toddy to you?

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 07:31 PM
My advice: Take a sabbatical from all MSU message boards until after we beat the piss out of UK Thursday night. You HAD to know the boards would be ****ing awful with all these Little Brother, Bear Fearing MSU fans this week. I've been on the board maybe 3 times in as many days, and pretty much don't click a thread that isn't related to baseball or something else. Hud or Mullen in the thread title is an EASY ignore sign. Or a long page count.

Little brother is when you accept your role of mediocrity IMO. And again, nobody is saying fire Mullen right now. Just looking ahead in case shit stays the same. But oh no, not on a message board!!!!11!1!

All of the people freaking the hell out over people discussing a possible future coach are just as bad or worse than the many Hud posts. Like you said, just don't click the thread if you don't want to read about it.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 07:35 PM
And the one that made the most impact was Derek Jones a little ole nobody from Eupora starting for the first time in the secondary. He kept the All world Wr's at bay. And he was the least of the heralded class proving again stars aren't jack. Ole also had walkons playing. I see you love Ole Miss. Hotty toddy to you?

One guy defended 2 WR's? Wow!!***

And if your best defense of me showing you examples of how other teams are passing us by is saying "Hotty Toddy!!1!1!1!"....You're a joke with no argument and should just stop.

If you ever read the boards before you would know I'm the furthest from a Rebel fan. But I'm also realistic, and can see when they are passing us by...like they are now. Meanwhile you chicken littles just want to turn away and say "all is well" "Mullen is our best EVAH!!1!!" And ignore the obvious.

Not saying Mullen can't turn it around, I hope he does. But I don't see a problem in discussing a future replacement in case he doesn't. It's not like that means we aren't supporting the team or coach. If anything, maybe we will help to light a fire under his ass since it's been missing for over a year

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 07:49 PM
One guy defended 2 WR's? Wow!!***

And if your best defense of me showing you examples of how other teams are passing us by is saying "Hotty Toddy!!1!1!1!"....You're a joke with no argument and should just stop.

If you ever read the boards before you would know I'm the furthest from a Rebel fan. But I'm also realistic, and can see when they are passing us by...like they are now. Meanwhile you chicken littles just want to turn away and say "all is well" "Mullen is our best EVAH!!1!!" And ignore the obvious.

Not saying Mullen can't turn it around, I hope he does. But I don't see a problem in discussing a future replacement in case he doesn't. It's not like that means we aren't supporting the team or coach. If anything, maybe we will help to light a fire under his ass since it's been missing for over a year

Im taking your advice. Freeze, Hud, and Gus are the best and they have the Sunbelt to thank. Freeze and Gus have great situations around them with bosses, fanbases, boosters, and etc A msu football coach needs all the help he can get which aint much . Hotty toddy...War Eagle... and ragin cagin...yeahhhh

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Im taking your advice. Freeze, Hud, and Gus are the best and they have the Sunbelt to thank. Freeze and Gus have great situations around them with bosses, fanbases, boosters, and etc... Hotty toddy...War Eagle... and ragin cagin...yeahhhh

Lame.

engie
10-23-2013, 07:56 PM

Oh -- you mean the guy that Mullen told he wasn't good enough for MSU when he practically begged to come here? THAT Derrick Jones? The one that was a SIMPLE flip amidst the Chris Jones saga to show we could play the game as well -- but didn't have the "measureables" to satisfy Mullen? The same true freshman that shut down Mike Evans the week before and had never played corner until a month ago? Whatever point you are trying to make on this -- it is a bad one.

bulldawg28
10-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Oh -- you mean the guy that Mullen told he wasn't good enough for MSU when he practically begged to come here? THAT Derrick Jones? The one that was a SIMPLE flip amidst the Chris Jones saga to show we could play the game as well? The same true freshman that shut down Mike Evans the week before and had never played corner until a month ago? Whatever point you are trying to make on this -- it is a bad one.

BS, Jones was always rebel. Your sources have led you astray. And if you took the math teacher glasses off you'd easily see my point. Nevertheless you actually helped prove it. I hear Hud needs a spot go help him. Goodnight ladies.

Todd4State
10-23-2013, 08:04 PM

Yeah- the Derrick Jones that I said we should just go ahead and take since he wanted to be here anyway but Dan wanted God knows who probably from out of state when our whole plan is supposed to be about taking the best guys in Mississippi? Good call on that Dan.

Todd4State
10-23-2013, 08:05 PM
BS, Jones was always rebel. Your sources have led you astray.

Yeah he was always a Rebel -because we didn't offer him. I bet your source is as solid as iron.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Any chance we didn't take Jones because Brewster told Mullen that the Alexanders were in the bag?

Todd4State
10-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Any chance we didn't take Jones because Brewster told Mullen that the Alexanders were in the bag?

Highly doubtful since we signed 22 by my count including Donald Gray and Cord Sandberg and we could have told Jones he had an offer as soon as the Alexander's committed elsewhere. And yes, I am aware of the scholarships we lost because of Redmond.

Coach34
10-23-2013, 08:49 PM
No. I gave Mullen the benefit of the doubt in the offseason. Gave him a chance to make changes. Everyone saw the problems. When they weren't made -- and STILL aren't made -- and he's chewing on his playchart like he doesn't give a damn when we damn near lose homecoming to a MAC team, you are damn right I am off the bandwagon. AND nothing short of 7-5 with an Egg Bowl victory is getting me back on. And that's questionable with the shitshow job of recruiting that is virtually guaranteeing there's a February meltdown regardless.

Mullen crootin

Freeze crootin

The boosters have pulled out until Bracky is removed and Mullen changes his tune. They are going to show the administration it's takes more than just the coaches. Expect a Merry-****ing-FlipMas this January. We arent recruiting the same way we did the last 2 seasons. And it will be obvious

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 08:57 PM
The boosters have pulled out until Bracky is removed and Mullen changes his tune. They are going to show the administration it's takes more than just the coaches. Expect a Merry-****ing-FlipMas this January. We arent recruiting the same way we did the last 2 seasons. And it will be obvious

It is so sad that college football, the sport I love, has come to this. What a fraud this is. Really makes me not even want to follow it anymore. Really, whats the point of the sport? To see which school can outspend and out cheat the other?

Percho
10-23-2013, 09:07 PM
It is so sad the college football, the sport I love, has come to this. What a fraud this is. Really makes me not even want to follow it anymore. Really, whats the point of the sport? To see which school can outspend and out cheat the other?

I totally agree.

Coach34
10-23-2013, 09:12 PM
It is so sad that college football, the sport I love, has come to this. What a fraud this is. Really makes me not even want to follow it anymore. Really, whats the point of the sport? To see which school can outspend and out cheat the other?

It's been that way for the last 75 years- you just didnt realize it when you were younger. Neither did I

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 09:16 PM
It's been that way for the last 75 years- you just didnt realize it when you were younger. Neither did I

This is very true. Coach, where does Mullen sit with all this? Does he not want alumni to help or is he scared of getting caught?

Coach34
10-23-2013, 09:22 PM
\ scared of getting caught?

Mullen wants magic fairies to handle everything without him orcherstrating a thing...our administration is like hardcore Baptists that think we need to do everything by the good book- meanwhile all of our competition are Episcipalians. That shit can work in the Big Ten- not in the SEC

This signing class should be described as teaching a lesson

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Mullen wants magic fairies to handle everything without him orcherstrating a thing...our administration is like hardcore Baptists that think we need to do everything by the good book- meanwhile all of our competition are Episcipalians. That shit can work in the Big Ten- not in the SEC

This signing class should be described as teaching a lesson

Freezus, if we haven't learned our lesson by now, are we really going to learn it? Goodness, after Chris Jones, CJ, etc. How many more lessons could we possibly need?

engie
10-23-2013, 10:48 PM

None of that is lost in my current stance on matters...

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 10:52 PM
This is so counter-productive, right? How is losing a recruiting year the right thing to do?

What do you want Mullen to do? If he understands that there are magic ferries, then does he get in the way or do you want him to lead more? How is the head coach supposed to handle this? I thought the head coach was just supposed to get out of the way.

As for Bracky, I don't need an explanation there. We all know the problem.

engie
10-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Freezus, if we haven't learned our lesson by now, are we really going to learn it? Goodness, after Chris Jones, CJ, etc. How many more lessons could we possibly need?

It's obvious at this point that Mullen is unwilling to get his hands dirty with recruiting AT ALL. That was fine before OM hired the Meat Market mastermind who can preach -- and actually coach. Now, Mullen's hand is being forced -- and he isn't budging...

engie
10-23-2013, 11:06 PM
This is so counter-productive, right? How is losing a recruiting year the right thing to do?

What do you want Mullen to do? If he understands that there are magic ferries, then does he get in the way or do you want him to lead more? How is the head coach supposed to handle this? I thought the head coach was just supposed to get out of the way.

As for Bracky, I don't need an explanation there. We all know the problem.

We've lost the last decade on the recruiting front. Sorry -- it's true. Jackie was on an entirely different planet than the last two guys. And we all know why.

I was happy with him being "out of the know" until Freeze forced his hand -- and we still ended up back on probation. Now, it's completely obvious how this is going to go. And that reason is because Freeze and/or a few of his assistants are driving their boat behind the scenes -- which is what now has them so organized.

If you think about it practically, it's alot easier for a booster to put a pool of $$ together and "make something happen" for a kid that they've been actually told is a high priority to the coaching staff, but the player is looking another way, because he's always been offered X elsewhere(they just told 100% truths and didn't actually solicit anything or give any real marching orders but the point gets across) -- than it is for these boosters to GUESS who the priorities are -- GUESS what their offers are -- and then try to make stuff happen -- while keeping it a secret from the coaching staff and our idiot compliance director. Our "machine" hasn't run smoothly for awhile now -- and now it's not running at all. It's because of that disconnect.

The crazy thing is that, later in his career, even Croom figured this part out and suddenly became a great 'cruiter...

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 11:20 PM
We've lost the last decade on the recruiting front. Sorry -- it's true. Jackie was on an entirely different planet than the last two guys. And we all know why.

I was happy with him being "out of the know" until Freeze forced his hand -- and we still ended up back on probation. Now, it's completely obvious how this is going to go. And that reason is because Freeze and/or a few of his assistants are driving their boat behind the scenes -- which is what now has them so organized.

If you think about it practically, it's alot easier for a booster to put a pool of $$ together and "make something happen" for a kid that they've been actually told is a high priority to the coaching staff, but the player is looking another way, because he's always been offered X elsewhere(they just told 100% truths and didn't actually solicit anything or give any real marching orders but the point gets across) -- than it is for these boosters to GUESS who the priorities are -- GUESS what their offers are -- and then try to make stuff happen -- while keeping it a secret from the coaching staff and our idiot compliance director. Our "machine" hasn't run smoothly for awhile now -- and now it's not running at all. It's because of that disconnect.

The crazy thing is that, later in his career, even Croom figured this part out and suddenly became a great 'cruiter...

I always wondered how Sly was pulling that good class before he got fired.

The next obvious question is, where does Hud stand on this and why would the administration act differently with him at the helm?

darkhorse
10-23-2013, 11:21 PM
We wouldn't have any identity crisis on offense if we were playing our best QB every week! Dak will be good but Russell is our only hope for salvaging this season!

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 11:22 PM

The next obvious question is, where does Hud stand on this and why would the administration act differently with him at the helm?

Unless they want to end up with the Rick Ray of the football world....they may not have much choice! Ha. Especially if Ole Hud keeps winning and raising his stock.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 11:23 PM
We wouldn't have any identity crisis on offense if we were playing our best QB every week! Dak will be good but Russell is our only hope for salvaging this season!

We are maroon and white and play on ESPN tomorrow night at 6:30. I figured you may need to know that since its obvious you haven't seen us play this season.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 11:24 PM

Are you serious? Or did you forget sarcastericks?

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Unless they want to end up with the Rick Ray of the football world....they may not have much choice! Ha. Especially if Ole Hud keeps winning and raising his stock.

Of course, but are we sure that Hud would play ball with the boosters?

darkhorse
10-23-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm serious. A good coach would know how to use the best QB to ever put on the MAROON AND WHITE. Instead, he's rather have a RB under center!!!!

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm serious. A good coach would know how to use the best QB to ever put on the MAROON AND WHITE. Instead, he's rather have a RB under center!!!!

Haha, that Manziel, Mariota, Griffin, and that Kaepernick fella are some really good running backs that play under center.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Of course, but are we sure that Hud would play ball with the boosters?

I'm thinking yes

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 11:32 PM

The best to put on maroon and white just happens to be a statue that our coach doesn't know how to gameplan around. And those record breaking stats weren't that great in the grand scheme of things....just great by MSU standards.

I like Tyler a lot, but he is not the guy that gives us the best chance to win with our current offensive coaching regime

darkhorse
10-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Haha, that Manziel, Mariota, Griffin, and that Kaepernick fella are some really good running backs that play under center.
Dak will get there!! He's just not there yet! Russell wins us the Auburn game guaranteed.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Dak will get there!! He's just not there yet! Russell wins us the Auburn game guaranteed.

Come on, man. First off, you can't guarantee that. And second of all, Mullen lost that game....not our QB. We would have gone into the Dansbury Stall regardless of who was back there.

engie
10-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Whatever you do, don't argue with Sorantable's alter.

darkhorse
10-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Whatever you do, don't argue with Sorantable's alter.
Really????

engie
10-24-2013, 12:01 AM

The next obvious question is, where does Hud stand on this
Being that he already rubs shoulders with them, I don't know why he would have a problem dropping hints where they need to be dropped...

and why would the administration act differently with him at the helm?
The better question is -- does he wield a big enough stick to force a change in this department? Seems our booster structure is going to get this part handled -- one way or another.

Todd4State
10-24-2013, 01:15 AM

My opinion was similar to yours until ESPN did that 30 for 30 on the University of Miami. Some of these kids come from very poor backgrounds. A lot of the players at Miami were stealing MILK for their kids.

You can't tell some kid that has a family that is struggling to get by to not take the money because it's the "right" thing to do. Especially since I would suspect in most cases the illegal benefits go back to that player's parents and family. The Bible says you are supposed to honor your family too after all. Notice how many times a players Mom or Dad gets some job when these rumors come out? Or a house? And I guarantee you that the new house that they are getting is probably only slightly better than a Hud home- which should give you an idea of where some of these players are coming from. You just can't realistically expect a kid to not take the money if school A offers and school B doesn't- even if that player "really likes" school B and it's coach and doesn't really care all that much for school A.

There has been some controversy about whether the NCAA should give players stipends- or more of one anyway.

How is the best way for the NCAA to do this and save themselves a bunch of money and not have to pay athletes in other sports like basketball and the horror- baseball? How about turn a blind eye while the boosters of each school pay for it- which they were doing anyway? These illegal benefits have in effect become the football players "stipend".

Everyone's doing it- but of course we're only going to take 10 items through the express lane because that's what the sign there says. We can make a great steak even though we had to put the filet minon back. That's essentially what Dan and our athletic staff is saying.

Now back to the tater tot race.

Todd4State
10-24-2013, 01:19 AM

There's a reason it's called arrogance.

SnakePlissken
10-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Being that he already rubs shoulders with them, I don't know why he would have a problem dropping hints where they need to be dropped...

The better question is -- does he wield a big enough stick to force a change in this department? Seems our booster structure is going to get this part handled -- one way or another.Where have you seen our booster structure handle anything as it relates to football? Also, with a coach now 100% responsible for ANYTHING against the rules are you 100% sure Hud will risk his rep and career for a potential $5K to $50K deal for a player that a booster bought for him?

Political Hack
10-24-2013, 08:12 AM

I like this guy.

Political Hack
10-24-2013, 08:17 AM
It's been tried. The boosters have zero power to push Bracky out. He's protected by LT and in turn the SEC office. The president of the university or Strick are the only two that could force a change, and that's not going to happen unless Keenum steps up and does it... in spite of the sec office.

They'll let you build their stadiums, their practice facilities, hump additions, fund the new Dude, but you'd better not ask to have a more amicable compliance office.

Coach34
10-24-2013, 08:32 AM
I like this guy.

It's a Rebel from SECRant

Coach007
10-24-2013, 10:56 AM
It amazes me how fans always want the back up with little reasoning outside of they want change.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2013, 11:10 AM
My opinion was similar to yours until ESPN did that 30 for 30 on the University of Miami. Some of these kids come from very poor backgrounds. A lot of the players at Miami were stealing MILK for their kids.

You can't tell some kid that has a family that is struggling to get by to not take the money because it's the "right" thing to do. Especially since I would suspect in most cases the illegal benefits go back to that player's parents and family. The Bible says you are supposed to honor your family too after all. Notice how many times a players Mom or Dad gets some job when these rumors come out? Or a house? And I guarantee you that the new house that they are getting is probably only slightly better than a Hud home- which should give you an idea of where some of these players are coming from. You just can't realistically expect a kid to not take the money if school A offers and school B doesn't- even if that player "really likes" school B and it's coach and doesn't really care all that much for school A.

There has been some controversy about whether the NCAA should give players stipends- or more of one anyway.

How is the best way for the NCAA to do this and save themselves a bunch of money and not have to pay athletes in other sports like basketball and the horror- baseball? How about turn a blind eye while the boosters of each school pay for it- which they were doing anyway? These illegal benefits have in effect become the football players "stipend".

Everyone's doing it- but of course we're only going to take 10 items through the express lane because that's what the sign there says. We can make a great steak even though we had to put the filet minon back. That's essentially what Dan and our athletic staff is saying.

Now back to the tater tot race.

Not disagreeing that the kids shouldn't take the money, just making the point that schools playing by different rules creates a helpless feeling that makes you want to stop watching college football.

Op4isabitch
10-24-2013, 11:22 AM
The difference between our recruiting and that of the bears is simple.

They have an organized booster structure in place and a pool of money to draw from, we simply do not have that.
We have the money, unfortunately it is not being pooled and drawn from as the need arises.

engie
10-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Where have you seen our booster structure handle anything as it relates to football? Also, with a coach now 100% responsible for ANYTHING against the rules are you 100% sure Hud will risk his rep and career for a potential $5K to $50K deal for a player that a booster bought for him?

If he's held responsible for it either way, why would he not want it done the best way possible?

He would do whatever it takes to win at MSU, just like Freeze is doing at OM. Why do people have a problem with this?