PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Perry

StarkVegasSteve
05-28-2019, 09:05 PM
Reggie just announced on Instagram that he's returning next year. Big keep for Howland

Lord McBuckethead
05-28-2019, 09:26 PM
Hope he comes in and doubles down on becoming the best big man to ever suit up in the SEC. I want him to be the overall #1 best player in the country.

Lord McBuckethead
05-28-2019, 09:26 PM
Other than Shaq.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-28-2019, 09:49 PM
So what does our roster look like for next year?

StarkVegasSteve
05-28-2019, 10:10 PM
So what does our roster look like for next year?

PG: Nick, Iverson Molinar
SG: Carter, Stewart, Elias King
SF: Woodard, Oduro
PF: Perry, Feazell
C: Ado, Datcher

I imagine our lineup will be Nick, Carter, Woodard, Perry, and Ado. Stewart, Oduro, and Feazell should be able to come off the bench and provide solid minutes. Hopefully Molinar and King can come along and provide us some depth at the guard positions and maybe we'll get some development at the post. I think next year could be a year we also utilize a small lineup in some stretches.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-28-2019, 10:15 PM

I imagine our lineup will be Nick, Carter, Woodard, Perry, and Ado. Stewart, Oduro, and Feazell should be able to come off the bench and provide solid minutes. Hopefully Molinar and King can come along and provide us some depth at the guard positions and maybe we'll get some development at the post. I think next year could be a year we also utilize a small lineup in some stretches.

Oduro isn't a SF he's a 4 who could play some 5 in a smaller lineup.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-28-2019, 10:16 PM
We'll likely have an 8 man rotation once SEC play starts.

PG - Nick
SG - Tyson
SF - Woodard
PF - Perry
C - Ado

Stewart, Oduro, & Molinar off the bench

fishwater99
05-28-2019, 10:30 PM
Hope he comes in and doubles down on becoming the best big man to ever suit up in the SEC. I want him to be the overall #1 best player in the country.

That's some wishful thinking. I'll take 1st team All-SEC and a 1st round draft choice though. Perry needs to toughen up and become more dominate.

Bothrops
05-28-2019, 10:51 PM
This was essential. He's going to have a big year.

MCsMGs
05-28-2019, 11:27 PM
We'll likely have an 8 man rotation once SEC play starts.

PG - Nick
SG - Tyson
SF - Woodard
PF - Perry
C - Ado

Stewart, Oduro, & Molinar off the bench

I really like the looks of this...

Lord McBuckethead
05-29-2019, 08:00 AM
That's some wishful thinking. I'll take 1st team All-SEC and a 1st round draft choice though. Perry needs to toughen up and become more dominate.

If he could figure out how to be physical, without just running folks over and getting fouls called he will be dominant like the USC guy.

YoungB
05-29-2019, 08:31 AM
Reggie just announced on Instagram that he's returning next year. Big keep for Howland

Reggie still seems pretty confident he will make the league. I hope he does. He will need to take a huge leap this year to make that a possibility, but Fresh to Soph leaps are expected. He has primarily played in the post and at 6'8 with avg athleticism I don't know where he fits on an NBA roster. Of the 58 guys at the NBA combine that attempted a max vertical leap (running start), Reggie was 52nd. 31.5in. He definitely has the physicality to move people around and get rebounds at the college level. That usually translates, but I am not sure what plus NBA skills he has. Is the optimistic MSU comp Lawrence Roberts? He was a beast for us and wasn't an NBA player. I can't say that I saw him play at Baylor to understand the early years.

YoungB

Madisonmd
05-29-2019, 08:39 AM
Reggie still seems pretty confident he will make the league. I hope he does. He will need to take a huge leap this year to make that a possibility, but Fresh to Soph leaps are expected. He has primarily played in the post and at 6'8 with avg athleticism I don't know where he fits on an NBA roster. Of the 58 guys at the NBA combine that attempted a max vertical leap (running start), Reggie was 52nd. 31.5in. He definitely has the physicality to move people around and get rebounds at the college level. That usually translates, but I am not sure what plus NBA skills he has. Is the optimistic MSU comp Lawrence Roberts? He was a beast for us and wasn't an NBA player. I can't say that I saw him play at Baylor to understand the early years.

YoungB

Good post. Also, Ado will have shoulder surgery when he returns from Africa. This will push his rehab right up to season start. Still no official word on Nick official return, hope it works out. Hear Woodard is killing it in offseason workouts along with Carter and Feazell. Oduro will only help in post, limited athleticism.

BulldogDX55
05-29-2019, 08:44 AM

We finally got him to play for us!

Ari Gold
05-29-2019, 08:49 AM
Going to be impossible to replace Q and what he brought , but I think this TEAM will be better than last year.. bench play will night and day better... and will be extremely athletic

KentuckyDawg13
05-29-2019, 09:00 AM
Nick has stated he is back, as has Howland. Maybe no school announcement but it has been stated plenty that he is coming back.
Reggie's vertical is a bit lower than expected. Some time in the weight room will get him where he needs to be. Combine was probably a wake-up call for Reggie, he is a phenomenal athlete, just has some work to do to be the level he expects.

vv83
05-29-2019, 09:09 AM
Good post. Also, Ado will have shoulder surgery when he returns from Africa. This will push his rehab right up to season start. Still no official word on Nick official return, hope it works out. Hear Woodard is killing it in offseason workouts along with Carter and Feazell. Oduro will only help in post, limited athleticism.

this was a month or two ago

MCsMGs
05-29-2019, 10:08 AM
I'm hoping Nick will lighten up a bit on his kamikaze attacks of the basket(and stop hurting himself) and focus on running the offense. Also, all the coaches say that Stewart is gonna surprise some folks...I think we will see him some at the three when RW needs a blow and/or we go small.

Reggie and RW should make the big freshman to sophomore leaps.

We should be a much more consistent team than we were last year on offense and defense.

Should be fun!

R2Dawg
05-29-2019, 11:28 AM
I'm hoping Nick will lighten up a bit on his kamikaze attacks of the basket(and stop hurting himself) and focus on running the offense. Also, all the coaches say that Stewart is gonna surprise some folks...I think we will see him some at the three when RW needs a blow and/or we go small.

Reggie and RW should make the big freshman to sophomore leaps.

We should be a much more consistent team than we were last year on offense and defense.

Should be fun!

Stewart is gonna surprise the SEC; major talent that was way under valued out of high school.

I also really like the way Woodard plays - toughness, passion, energy and he is so versatile. Our top 6 can be as good as anyone if they play together.

StarkVegasSteve
05-29-2019, 11:39 AM
If Reggie improves his 3 pt shooting and running the floor we could be hell on wheels next year.

MoreCowbell
05-29-2019, 12:44 PM
Reggie needs to work on his body language too. I do not know him personally so can not speak to his attitude but when he wasn’t playing good last year he would pout and it affected his game instead of pushing through it. He hit the freshman wall pretty hard last year.

MoreCowbell
05-29-2019, 12:46 PM
I think with everything that happened last year Nick will be more focused and play with a chip on his shoulder. I expect a big jump from him and for him to be our vocal and emotional leader which we never really had last year.

hopsondawg22
05-29-2019, 12:53 PM
We are also adding a euro big, so if Howland hits on a decent big watch out.

StarkVegasSteve
05-29-2019, 01:02 PM
We are also adding a euro big, so if Howland hits on a decent big watch out.

Really? I hadn't heard about that. Do we know who it is yet? Or are we still evaluating targets? Hell, maybe we'll end up with the next Giannis or Porzingis

KentuckyDawg13
05-29-2019, 02:34 PM
Yes, who is it? I have seen no mention of this anywhere.

hopsondawg22
05-30-2019, 08:56 AM
Really? I hadn't heard about that. Do we know who it is yet? Or are we still evaluating targets? Hell, maybe we'll end up with the next Giannis or Porzingis

From Paul this morning, “The focus continues to be on an international prospect from overseas and that focus is on a frontcourt player. I'm still trying my best to get a name of that particular target and all I know is that the target is 6-10 and that he was on campus Wednesday for a visit. That target is also expected to visit Georgia Tech at some point this week. Sources are still not sure how quickly we know the decision of this prospect since basketball signees can enroll in June or July for summer school. As always, the more I learn the more I will update.”

Should be a battle if Pasner is in the mix with him too.

RiverCityDawg
05-30-2019, 08:59 AM
Hell, maybe we'll end up with the next Giannis or Porzingis

Those guys go straight to the pros. We're more likely to end up with the next Piotr Stelmach, but I would be thrilled with a Michal Ignerski.

msu15
05-30-2019, 09:15 AM
Piotr Stelmach.

Put some respect on his name!

Ifyouonlyknew
05-30-2019, 09:21 AM
From Paul this morning, “The focus continues to be on an international prospect from overseas and that focus is on a frontcourt player. I'm still trying my best to get a name of that particular target and all I know is that the target is 6-10 and that he was on campus Wednesday for a visit. That target is also expected to visit Georgia Tech at some point this week. Sources are still not sure how quickly we know the decision of this prospect since basketball signees can enroll in June or July for summer school. As always, the more I learn the more I will update.”

Should be a battle if Pasner is in the mix with him too.

GT feel confident they pull the kid. The kid is very skilled for a big. The coaches didn't want his name out so I'll respect their wishes.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-30-2019, 09:51 AM
Speaking of Euro’s , what was the name of the of the Euro that Stans signed , but never could get to campus?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-30-2019, 10:22 AM
GT feel confident they pull the kid. The kid is very skilled for a big. The coaches didn't want his name out so I'll respect their wishes.

Paul has released his name so I guess it's ok. Quentin Post from Germany.

https://youtu.be/HVZZU0EA-og

StarkVegasSteve
05-30-2019, 10:32 AM
Those guys go straight to the pros. We're more likely to end up with the next Piotr Stelmach, but I would be thrilled with a Michal Ignerski.

A better comparison would've been any of those international players that Vandy had in the early to mid 2000s or St. Mary's run of Aussies in the late 2000s

StarkVegasSteve
05-30-2019, 10:37 AM

Hard to decipher just how good he is because I don't know the level of competition he's playing against, but he moves very well for a guy his size and good post moves, and unlike most of the international players we seem to get he has an actual vertical. Got a solid fader in the post, ala Dirk. Seems to shoot the 3 ball well. If we get him he could definitely provide some solid minutes for us.

99jc
05-30-2019, 10:40 AM

Pastner, who said earlier in May that “we are searching and fighting for a big,” is not done in his search for a post player for his lone remaining scholarship for the 2019-20 academic year. Thursday, Tech is expecting a visit from German center Quentin Post, who has played as an amateur for the Lok Bernau club. Post could enroll at Tech and play this year.

KentuckyDawg13
05-30-2019, 10:53 AM
Video showcased his three point shooting (57%!!) and his finesse. Not sure how that would translate for an SEC post player, but dude has skills. Needs to work on his left hand dribble, but has soft hands for a big. His measurements are in centimeters (212), which factor to 6?11.5?. Looks a little thin and his birthday suggests he is already 19 yrs old. (1 month younger than my son)
With GT in the mix, will be difficult to sign.

msbulldog
05-30-2019, 12:36 PM
212 cm = 6'11 15/32"

Leeshouldveflanked
05-30-2019, 03:06 PM
What Church League is that? I might average double figures in it.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-30-2019, 03:17 PM

Let's see your film. We have an open scholly.

hopsondawg22
05-30-2019, 03:20 PM

Look at this hardo.