PDA

View Full Version : Gary Henderson and West Coast Jobs

The Federalist Engineer
05-28-2019, 06:45 PM
Wonder if GH is a variable in the Long Beach State, Oregon, or Washington State job

He has SEC experience and last time out, made Omaha with one game shy of championship series

I am aware of his family tragedy

deadheaddawg
05-28-2019, 06:47 PM
What is the family tragedy? I liked him as a person. A lot. He seemed like a genuinely good person. Wish him all the best. Hope he coaches again if that is what he wants

preachermatt83
05-28-2019, 06:50 PM
What is the family tragedy? I liked him as a person. A lot. He seemed like a genuinely good person. Wish him all the best. Hope he coaches again if that is what he wants

His son committed suicide a few months back. Awful!!

deadheaddawg
05-28-2019, 07:05 PM
Prayers. That's rough

Todd4State
05-28-2019, 07:40 PM
It wouldn't surprise me. Especially the Long Beach State and Oregon jobs. Long Beach State would probably be more up his alley.

trojandawg
05-28-2019, 10:42 PM
Is he technically still in staff with the university somewhere? I never heard his employment status discussed. Didn?t he hang around Starkville this past year?

Todd4State
05-29-2019, 01:28 AM
Is he technically still in staff with the university somewhere? I never heard his employment status discussed. Didn?t he hang around Starkville this past year?

He and his family have been living in Starkville. I'm not sure what his job status with MSU is but nonetheless I hope we are compensating him well.

Cohen did say something to the effect of he wouldn't be just kicked out the door so I'm assuming he is being paid something by MSU but I don't know the exact details.

Tbonewannabe
05-29-2019, 11:05 AM
He and his family have been living in Starkville. I'm not sure what his job status with MSU is but nonetheless I hope we are compensating him well.

Cohen did say something to the effect of he wouldn't be just kicked out the door so I'm assuming he is being paid something by MSU but I don't know the exact details.

I think Cohen said that Henderson would have a job in the MSU Athletic department as long as he wanted it.

StarkVegasSteve
05-29-2019, 11:43 AM
I think Henderson will have success wherever he ends up next. I think last year's team really energized him again and showed him he can push the right buttons to get a team to Omaha.

Tbonewannabe
05-29-2019, 12:37 PM
I think Henderson will have success wherever he ends up next. I think last year's team really energized him again and showed him he can push the right buttons to get a team to Omaha.

It is amazing that we did that one coach short also. It may have reenergized him but Cohen definitely couldn't have gambled with hiring him. Cohen did have to talk him out of retirement to be his pitching coach.

StarkVegasSteve
05-29-2019, 12:51 PM
It is amazing that we did that one coach short also. It may have reenergized him but Cohen definitely couldn't have gambled with hiring him. Cohen did have to talk him out of retirement to be his pitching coach.

I agree that I still believe it was the right move not hiring him. This is a extremely high pressure job in the most high pressure conference in college baseball. Going out West where there's WAY less pressure could be good for him. I think the biggest thing last year taught him how to do was delegate.