PDA

View Full Version : Maholm's hitting rivals that of BJ Upton and Jason Heyward

Bo Darville
04-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Who would have thought that when the year started?

On a serious note, Maholm is 3-0 with an ERA of 0.00.

War Machine Dawg
04-15-2013, 12:23 PM
If Maholm keeps pitching like this, he's going to get PAID this offseason. I just hope we'll pony up to keep him. My guess is it depends on Huddy & the Gilmartin kid from FSU we drafted last season.

WutheringDawg
04-15-2013, 01:05 PM
The only downside to Maholom is that I don't think he's ever put together a full season of success. He tends to fade big time down the stretch.

Remember that in fantasy boys because he's a horse through the all star break but i'm not touching him after.

FISHDAWG
04-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Braves will have the cash to pay him next year ... this is the last year on McCann's contract ($13,000,000) ... they probably wont have to pay next year with Gattis coming on strong

War Machine Dawg
04-15-2013, 02:06 PM
It's not necessarily the money, Fish. You're likely right that we'll let Mac walk this season. But we'll have 6-7 guys competing for 5 rotation spots next season. You have to assume Huddy, Medlen, Beachy, and Minor are all locks for the rotation. We're hellbent on giving Teheran every opportunity to be in the rotation. And it would be far from a surprise if Gilmartin is MLB ready next year. He had a good spring this year. That pretty much leaves Maholm as the odd man out, cause there's no way Wren & Fredi are sending Teheran back down unless he absolutely falls apart. I just think numbers dictate Maholm leaves, unless Huddy retires. And I don't see that happening. He's still a very, very effective pitcher even at 37.