05-27-2019, 04:23 PM
If not for you guys, there ain't no America, Freedom, or Baseball

That is all

Commercecomet24
05-27-2019, 04:41 PM
Well said! Amen!

Jack Lambert
05-27-2019, 08:52 PM
You need to thank the mothers and fathers who sons did not come home. The empty chair is a bitch for a family.

Dawg61
05-27-2019, 09:08 PM
I like your passion in this post and I honor our veterans and troops today and all days but USA has never been under serious threat of no longer being USA anymore or at least not in the last 243 years. Happy Memorial Day though everyone, we live in the greatest country on the planet.

deadheaddawg
05-28-2019, 12:23 AM
Great thread and well said

TUSK
05-28-2019, 01:14 AM
I like your passion in this post and I honor our veterans and troops today and all days but USA has never been under serious threat of no longer being USA anymore or at least not in the last 243 years. Happy Memorial Day though everyone, we live in the greatest country on the planet.

"but".... Jesus.

https://media.tenor.com/images/c075bc0d6d523963942a1a0f9a4c5feb/tenor.gif

Dawg61
05-28-2019, 01:54 AM
"but".... Jesus.

https://media.tenor.com/images/c075bc0d6d523963942a1a0f9a4c5feb/tenor.gif

Sorry I'll pick a different thread to debate this further. I'm thankful for our veterans. Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Liverpooldawg
05-28-2019, 08:03 AM

Yeah, that Civil War thing was no threat. Neither were the Nazis or those Soviet Nukes.

The Federalist Engineer
05-28-2019, 11:27 AM
Yeah, that Civil War thing was no threat. Neither were the Nazis or those Soviet Nukes.

1812, Brits burn down Washington while New England states actively considering session

Oh and that time when the Acting Vice President, Aaron Burr, was trying to make a deal with Spanish officials to make his own Empire in the Mississippi valley and carve away some western states. Mississippi for one.

Oh and that time that British agents were training and Arming Indian armies in Spanish Florida and the Mid West.

People forget how pivotal to America that a Tennessee Volunteer named Andrew Jackson was in shaping America's destiny in an era of existential threats.

TUSK
05-28-2019, 11:42 AM

Yeah, and the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor seemed like a “serious threat” to me, as well.

Lord McBuckethead
05-28-2019, 12:58 PM
Thank you to our troops everyday, but memorial day is like Jack Lambert said, its thanking the families that have empty chairs, or asking their forgiveness for sending them in the first place.

Here's to proper and effective international relationships that will limit or possibly end wars forever. That is a naive wish, but everyone chooses either war or no war. Lets hope the next time we all work to avoid war.

Commercecomet24
05-28-2019, 01:00 PM
Thank you to our troops everyday, but memorial day is like Jack Lambert said, its thanking the families that have empty chairs, or asking their forgiveness for sending them in the first place.

Here's to proper and effective international relationships that will limit or possibly end wars forever. That is a naive wish, but everyone chooses either war or no war. Lets hope the next time we all work to avoid war.

Amen to all!

deadheaddawg
05-28-2019, 01:21 PM

Did you post this because the OP said there wouldn't be an America without our service men and women?

I disagree that we haven't been under serious threat....like others have said the civil war, WWII, and the cold war disagree....but even if we go with your point, the OP"s point still stands.

Without the brave people that put the uniform on, we wouldn't be in a position to as powerful as we are.

Service men and women are the reason we are free. The reason we lead the world. The reason we have baseball.

Thank you all that gave, especially those that gave all