05-26-2019, 07:36 PM
We'll most likely be matched with LSU or om

TNDawg35
05-26-2019, 07:37 PM
Please GOD MATCH US WITH OLE MISS!!!!

msstate7
05-26-2019, 07:40 PM
Please GOD MATCH US WITH OLE MISS!!!!

I think it's very possible. 4 sec national seeds and 2 other hosts... ncaa will take no chances on 6 cws sec teams.

MetEdDawg
05-26-2019, 07:41 PM
Based on what I've seen we will be the 3 and LSU will be the 14 which means we will be matched up with them.

Jacksondevildog
05-26-2019, 07:45 PM
UM couldn’t get any high than a 15 I don’t think. We won’t fall further than a 4. I think UM will be paired with Vandy or UCLA. 1 VS 16 or 2 VS 15.

chef dixon
05-26-2019, 07:45 PM
We will nut up. See you in Omaha bitches

basedog
05-26-2019, 07:48 PM
If we are matched with Corndogs, may be record crowd as I can't imagine how many would be outside trying to get in.

Bring it own I say! Payback time.

Quaoarsking
05-26-2019, 07:48 PM
I think it's very possible. 4 sec national seeds and 2 other hosts... ncaa will take no chances on 6 cws sec teams.

Can you point to examples of the NCAA matching up SEC teams in the Super Regionals in order to keep the number of SEC teams in Omaha down?

If X is the number of times the Committee did that, and Y is the number of times the Committee had the opportunity to do it, what is X/Y ?

msstate7
05-26-2019, 07:49 PM
UM couldn’t get any high than a 15 I don’t think. We won’t fall further than a 4. I think UM will be paired with Vandy or UCLA. 1 VS 16 or 2 VS 15.

You would think, but the committee won't catch any flack on how they rank these teams imo. I think they could match teams up in a way that generates the most interest, and om-state would certainly do that

HoopsDawg
05-26-2019, 07:50 PM
Ole Miss doesn't make sense. LSU could definitely happen.

Tennessee and Texas A&M were the only 2 teams not to host that were ranked Top 16 in RPI. Oregon State and Ole Miss got their bids.

msstate7
05-26-2019, 07:51 PM
Can you point to examples of the NCAA matching up SEC teams in the Super Regionals in order to keep the number of SEC teams in Omaha down?

If X is the number of times the Committee did that, and Y is the number of times the Committee had the opportunity to do it, what is X/Y ?

I say LSU or om will be matched up with an sec team and you disagree. What's the bet?

KOdawg1
05-26-2019, 07:53 PM
I don't think Ole Miss will be high enough for us to be matched with them. LSU is the most likely opponent. If our guys can't get fired up to have another chance at those bastards, they never will.

HoopsDawg
05-26-2019, 07:53 PM
The baseball committee really follows the RPI. That would put us as a 4 vs 13 West Virginia which would be ideal. Find out at 11:00 central time tomorrow.

Ole Miss should be matched with Vandy.

LSU will probably be matched with us, Arkansas or UGA.

Skydawg1
05-26-2019, 07:54 PM
If we are matched with Corndogs, may be record crowd as I can't imagine how many would be outside trying to get in.

Bring it own I say! Payback time.Very poor wording.

MarketingBully
05-26-2019, 07:55 PM
Very poor wording.

It was probably autocorrect. Give him a break.

basedog
05-26-2019, 07:56 PM
Looking at host teams, I don't see any easy teams. I'm thinking 4 or 5 teams want make it out of there region.

Skydawg1
05-26-2019, 07:58 PM
It was probably autocorrect. Give him a break.No shit. I guess I forgot my scarcastriks. *******************************

Dawg2003
05-26-2019, 08:00 PM
Looking at host teams, I don't see any easy teams. I'm thinking 4 or 5 teams want make it out of there region.

Last year, 4 national seeds didn't make it out. OM, Clemson, UGA, and FSU. Nothing is ever guaranteed in this tournament.

HoopsDawg

There are going to be some strong 2 seeds as well. Teams like Miami, NcState, Texas A&M. Then I want no part of Dallas Baptist (my man heefner) or Arizona State.

TNDawg35
I could see LSU vs Ark and OM vs State. Talking about electric places!!!

TNDawg35
05-26-2019, 08:03 PM
There are going to be some strong 2 seeds as well. Teams like Miami, NcState, Texas A&M. Then I want no part of Dallas Baptist (my man heefner) or Arizona State.

I bet DBU goes to Ark. NC State to West Virgina, Miami to LSU.

I bet we get Southern, Southern Miss and a 2 seed.

Quaoarsking
05-26-2019, 08:04 PM
I say LSU or om will be matched up with an sec team and you disagree. What's the bet?

Nothing, because LSU and Ole Miss are surely going to be in the 13-16 range, and the SEC is likely to have 2 or 3 in the top 4. I'm just disagreeing with the idea that the NCAA is going to make sure it happens by official or unofficial policy - there's just no evidence that that exists.

deadheaddawg
05-26-2019, 08:14 PM
I'm more concerned right now with the 2-4 seeds in the Starkville regional that who is paired with it.

basedog
05-26-2019, 08:16 PM
It was probably autocorrect. Give him a break.

LOL, yes but I ain't got my feelings in a wad. But I like to think we will own them***

msstate7
05-26-2019, 08:17 PM
I'm more concerned right now with the 2-4 seeds in the Starkville regional that who is paired with it.

You got your head in the right place

Quaoarsking
05-26-2019, 08:22 PM
Maybe I'm naive, but I think the Committee gives an honest 1-16 ranking and the matchups are what they are. Last year's matchups seemed pretty fair and not "set up" for anyone's benefit or detriment.

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 08:23 PM
Maybe I'm naive, but I think the Committee gives an honest 1-16 ranking and the matchups are what they are. Last year's matchups seemed pretty fair and not "set up" for anyone's benefit or detriment.

I agree. But we'll find out tomorrow.

Skydawg1
05-26-2019, 08:25 PM
Maybe I'm naive, but I think the Committee gives an honest 1-16 ranking and the matchups are what they are. Last year's matchups seemed pretty fair and not "set up" for anyone's benefit or detriment.If any honesty was involved, LSU would be a 2 seed.

TUSK
05-26-2019, 08:27 PM

I dunno about Super Regionals, but in 1998 the committee loaded almost all the SEC teams on one side of the CWS bracket... Conspiracy theory suggests it was because Bammer and LSU played for the CWSC the year prior....

But I dunno much about the baseball, so TIFWIW...

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2019, 08:37 PM
I'm fine with getting LSU.

I don't think it's right considering how much we've played them, but the statistically the odds aren't in their favor considering they are already 3-2 vs us on the year.

I'd also argue that us going 6-1 vs Ole Miss aren't great odds either. We simply aren't THAT much better than them.

preachermatt83
05-26-2019, 08:38 PM

Yup! NC state is legit...so is Arizona state. And to think those idiots where wanting to fire Tracy Smith last year. Dude can flat out coach.

DownwardDawg
05-26-2019, 08:45 PM
I'm fine with getting LSU.

I don't think it's right considering how much we've played them, but the statistically the odds aren't in their favor considering they are already 3-2 vs us on the year.

I'd also argue that us going 6-1 vs Ole Miss aren't great odds either. We simply aren't THAT much better than them.

Well, we certainly can’t throw Ginn against them, so that screws our pitching rotation.
I just want to make it out of our regional but I don’t want any part of playing LSU in the Super.

was21
05-26-2019, 08:45 PM
they may want to but probably won't

CadaverDawg
05-26-2019, 08:49 PM
Bottom line is we should beat anybody in the SEC (or any other conference) 2 out of 3 times at home. If we don't, we don't deserve to go to Omaha

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 08:50 PM
Well, we certainly can’t throw Ginn against them, so that screws our pitching rotation.
I just want to make it out of our regional but I don’t want any part of playing LSU in the Super.

I'm 99% sure we would throw Ginn against LSU in game two as long as he is healthy.

CadaverDawg
05-26-2019, 08:51 PM
I'm 99% sure we would throw Ginn against LSU in game two as long as he is healthy.

And odds of anybody beating Ginn 3 straight times? I like our chances. Ginn seems like the type of competitor that is dying for a chance to face those Corndog bastards again

msstate7
05-26-2019, 08:52 PM

Yeah, you have to.

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2019, 09:00 PM

And I think Ginn would make adjustments and shut them down.

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 09:01 PM
And odds of anybody beating Ginn 3 straight times? I like our chances. Ginn seems like the type of competitor that is dying for a chance to face those Corndog bastards again

And I think Ginn would make adjustments and shut them down.

I agree. Pretty low odds on beating Ginn a third time. The error in the second game kind of blew it up for him.

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 09:03 PM
Baseball America who is one of the most accurate prognosticators has us matched up across West Virginia as the number 4 National Seed.

Our regional would be MSU, Arizona State, Central Michigan, and Southern. SWAC champ Southern- not USM.

Has USM going to Oxford as the three seed with Ole Miss matched up across from Vanderbilt. Has LSU matched up across Georgia.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-ncaa-baseball-tournament-projected-field-of-64/

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2019, 09:05 PM
Baseball America who is one of the most accurate prognosticators has us matched up across West Virginia as the number 4 National Seed.

Our regional would be MSU, Arizona State, Central Michigan, and Southern. SWAC champ Southern- not USM.

Has USM going to Oxford as the three seed.

Drawing WV would be a dream.

Manoa their Friday guy will get over drafted in the 1st round, but other than him, they pretty much stink.

msstate7
05-26-2019, 09:05 PM

Has USM going to Oxford as the three seed.

If we get a swac school, we have to save small for game 2

Skydawg1
05-26-2019, 09:06 PM

Has USM going to Oxford as the three seed with Ole Miss matched up across from Vanderbilt. Has LSU matched up across Georgia.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-ncaa-baseball-tournament-projected-field-of-64/Is that updated as of right now? Me likey.

Dawg2003
05-26-2019, 09:07 PM
One thing about LSU is that they shut our offense down pretty handily in 3 of the 5 games as played against them.

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2019, 09:10 PM
One thing about LSU is that they shut our offense down pretty handily in 3 of the 5 games as played against them.

Yes, but we'll know their game plan.

They simply aren't better than us, so the odds of them finding 2 more wins vs us IMO aren't in their favor.

GreenheadDawg
05-26-2019, 09:17 PM

Manoa their Friday guy will get over drafted in the 1st round, but other than him, they pretty much stink.

Yes but ASU as a 2 seed would be a tough draw. They aren’t bad.

DownwardDawg
05-26-2019, 09:22 PM

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-ncaa-baseball-tournament-projected-field-of-64/

That would be outstanding.
And back to my other point, I’m sure we would throw Ginn against LSU if we faced them again, but I haven’t seen anything that says they won’t hammer him again.

Skydawg1
05-26-2019, 09:32 PM
Yes, but we'll know their game plan.

They simply aren't better than us, so the odds of them finding 2 more wins vs us IMO aren't in their favor.Yep, don't swing at the curveball.

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 09:53 PM

And it's a fair draw for what we did this year.

If we get a swac school, we have to save small for game 2

Absolutely. I'd start Plumlee in that instance. He should be rested and ready to go.

Is that updated as of right now? Me likey.

It is indeed updated. And last year they got 63/64 right.

True but they are likely going to get Small at home. They maybe could save their ace against Central Michigan but it's a little more risky.

That would be outstanding.
And back to my other point, I’m sure we would throw Ginn against LSU if we faced them again, but I haven’t seen anything that says they won’t hammer him again.

Well, if they do- I think Small would probably win his game. And they haven't really seen much of Plumlee this year.

Yep, don't swing at the curveball.

Or have an umpire that call every one of them a strike. I think that was a factor in our hitting woes in the SEC Tournament.

MarketingBully
05-26-2019, 09:55 PM
Looks like Schloss should have taken our job. Second year in a row his team will completely miss the tourney. He even has a top 10 LHP on his roster.

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 10:04 PM
Looks like Schloss should have taken our job. Second year in a row his team will completely miss the tourney. He even has a top 10 LHP on his roster.

I'm kind of wondering if we dodged a bullet there. The danger with hiring a name guy like that is sometimes they're there for the check and sometimes aren't focused on the job at hand.

KOdawg1
05-26-2019, 10:39 PM
D1 baseball just released their last projections, and they have us as the #3 overall paired with Oregon State's regional.

Captain Falcon
05-26-2019, 10:50 PM

Arizona State has one series win since the beginning of April. They are talented but that’s still a soft 2 seed if they come here.

ATTILLA THE DOG
05-26-2019, 11:01 PM
Yes but ASU as a 2 seed would be a tough draw. They aren?t bad.

They can hit the ball 92 homers as a team,2 with 20+ and 5 with 8+

MarketingBully
05-26-2019, 11:03 PM
D1 baseball just released their last projections, and they have us as the #3 overall paired with Oregon State's regional.

Yep, I like the draw too.

Quaoarsking
05-26-2019, 11:42 PM

https://d1baseball.com/projections/final-college-baseball-projected-field-of-64-may-26/

They put in our Regional:
2 Nebraska - RPI 35, tied for 3rd in the Big 10
3 Central Michigan - RPI 73, MAC champs
4 Southern - RPI 206, 2nd in the SWAC

That would be one of the weakest 2 seeds, 3 seeds, and 4 seeds in the entire tournament. A dream draw. Even better is getting one of the weakest hosts matched up with us in Oregon State.

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 11:47 PM
https://d1baseball.com/projections/final-college-baseball-projected-field-of-64-may-26/

They put in our Regional:
2 Nebraska - RPI 35, tied for 3rd in the Big 10
3 Central Michigan - RPI 73, MAC champs
4 Southern - RPI 206, 2nd in the SWAC

That would be one of the weakest 2 seeds, 3 seeds, and 4 seeds in the entire tournament. A dream draw. Even better is getting one of the weakest hosts matched up with us in Oregon State.

One thing that is consistent among the experts is the agreement that the committee is going to go straight down the RPI line. D1 had been playing the interesting match up card up until this projection. Baseball America's was also down the line basically. It's interesting and probably telling that they both have us with the same 3 and 4 seed.

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 11:51 PM
Looking at both projections- Baseball America's seems to be more likely IMO. West Virginia had a higher RPI than Oregon State and a similar SOS.

confucius say
05-27-2019, 08:25 AM
The baseball committee really follows the RPI. That would put us as a 4 vs 13 West Virginia which would be ideal. Find out at 11:00 central time tomorrow.

Ole Miss should be matched with Vandy.

LSU will probably be matched with us, Arkansas or UGA.

Not in selecting host sites. OM RPI is 22. Whoof.

Todd4State
05-27-2019, 08:54 AM
Not in selecting host sites. OM RPI is 22. Whoof.

Which means they are likely matched with UCLA.

Quaoarsking
05-27-2019, 09:06 AM
If they follow RPI, it's:

1 Vanderbilt - 22 Ole Miss
2 UCLA - 20 Oregon State
3 Georgia - 16 LSU
4 Mississippi State - 13 West Virginia
5 East Carolina - 12 North Carolina
6 Oklahoma State - 11 Texas Tech
7 Arkansas - 10 Stanford
8 Georgia Tech - 9 Louisville

msudawg1200
05-27-2019, 09:12 AM

2 UCLA - 20 Oregon State
3 Georgia - 16 LSU
7 Arkansas - 10 Stanford

If that stands and the higher seeds all win their regionals(not likely) 5 of the 8 Supers would be interconference(2 SEC, 1 each of ACC, Big XII, and PAC 12), and one interstate(ECU vs UNC).

CadaverDawg
05-27-2019, 09:44 AM

2 UCLA - 20 Oregon State
3 Georgia - 16 LSU
7 Arkansas - 10 Stanford

I don't see them matching up all those same conference teams with each other, so I'm betting they bump them a spot one way or the other....especially to help the PAC 12 and Big 12. With so many SEC teams, I won't be surprised if LSU or OM is paired with an SEC opponent. Will be interesting to see what they do. I'm betting something like...

UCLA vs OM
Vandy vs OSU
Georgia vs WVU
MSU vs LSU
ECU vs UNC
Ok St vs Stanford
Ark vs Louisville
GT vs Texas Tech

Or something like that

KOdawg1
05-27-2019, 10:38 AM
They just announced the top 4 national seeds and we aren't one of them. Georgia Tech is. What the hell

GreenheadDawg
05-27-2019, 10:40 AM
They just announced the top 4 national seeds and we aren't one of them. Georgia Tech is. What the hell

Haha what a ****ing joke

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2019, 10:41 AM

Got to wait & see the bracket.

The NCAA may have done that to avoid our regional getting matched with Oxford & Baton Rouge

DownwardDawg
05-27-2019, 10:42 AM

Are you serious???

Covercorner2
05-27-2019, 10:44 AM
Got to wait & see the bracket.

The NCAA may have done that to avoid our regional getting matched with Oxford & Baton Rouge

Yep. If it means we aren?t matched up with LSU or OM, who cares?

msudawg1200
05-27-2019, 10:44 AM
Are you serious???

I’d love to hear their excuse for this, but it is most definitely SEC bias.

TNDawg35
05-27-2019, 10:45 AM
No way we get LSU with this. If we do that means they jumped LSU to 12. They don’t deserve that!

KOdawg1
05-27-2019, 10:47 AM
RPI-- MSU 4, GT 8
Q1 Record-- MSU 24-12, GT 19-11
Q4 Record-- MSU 11-0, GT 10-2
Conference record-- MSU 20-10, GT 19-11

Literaly the only thing they have us beat at is SOS and NC RPI.

Quaoarsking
05-27-2019, 10:49 AM

Interesting. Well I doubt LSU is top 12, so it should be pretty safe that we're not matched up with them.

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2019, 10:49 AM
I think the NCAA is just finagling it to create the best tournament. Which one of the top 8 seeds you are doesn't matter IMO

Quaoarsking
05-27-2019, 10:50 AM
I’d love to hear their excuse for this, but it is most definitely SEC bias.

It's pretty silly to scream about an anti-SEC bias when they gave us 6 hosting spots, 2 of which aren't deserved.

HoopsDawg
We will probably be matched up with Texas Tech. That's my guess.

TNDawg35
Surely they aren’t jumping Ole Miss or LSU way up to 12 or 11... That’s the only way I see where we wouldn’t be a top 4 seed is cause of them wanting to pair us with on of those 2....

HoopsDawg
05-27-2019, 10:52 AM
I think the NCAA is just finagling it to create the best tournament. Which one of the top 8 seeds you are doesn't matter IMO

They aren't supposed to do that with the new rules that started last year, but I hope they are.

Saltydog
05-27-2019, 11:05 AM
We got SCREWED. No way we GT and Upig should've been higher national seeds than us. Some of those close losses hurt us.

Quaoarsking
05-27-2019, 11:06 AM
We got SCREWED.

How do you know that before we see the brackets?

Saltydog
05-27-2019, 11:10 AM
We know we're better than the 6 seed. Matches up us against the 11 seed, Stanford.

MarketingBully
05-27-2019, 11:52 AM
RPI-- MSU 4, GT 8
Q1 Record-- MSU 24-12, GT 19-11
Q4 Record-- MSU 11-0, GT 10-2
Conference record-- MSU 20-10, GT 19-11

Literaly the only thing they have us beat at is SOS and NC RPI.

They made their conference tournament final and we got run ruled.