PDA

View Full Version : Who remembers this Thursday night win over Kentucky?

SignalToNoise
10-23-2013, 01:07 PM
http://youtu.be/3OEsiJNqs1s

SnakePlissken
10-23-2013, 01:17 PM
I notice one big thing....THE STUDENTS were there in full force unlike today's version of student fans!!

Dash Riprock
10-23-2013, 01:20 PM
yep. I was at the High Hampton in NC with the wife and watched it in the bar with a KY grad and his wife.

SignalToNoise
10-23-2013, 01:27 PM
I was a HS freshman. Group I was with kept wanting to leave early to "beat the traffic." A few people left early to walk to the car, but me and a few others stayed behind until the end. When we met up with everyone else later my buddy said he heard the stadium erupt while walking to the car and regretted the decision to leave early.

quickstrike2
10-23-2013, 01:40 PM
I enjoyed watching that. Memories of my favorite times of MSU football.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-23-2013, 01:46 PM
LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THE O-LINE!!! They look like freakin bulldozers!

slickdawg
10-23-2013, 01:48 PM
How about Halloween, 1992 I think, walkon Jeff Artigues blocks a "chip shot" field goal by UK's stud kicker Doug Pelfrey. Jack was just talking about how automatic the guy was kicking, and boom, we block it and win.

DLGDawg
10-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Hey guys/gals. First time poster other than a coupla test posts. Really enjoy the board.

I was at this game. Kentucky started the overrated chant to quick. I was doing some serious jawing with a couple of their peckerhead fans.
Anyway, revenge was sweet.

Todd4State
10-23-2013, 02:50 PM
I remember it because I had a huge ass project due the next day and I had to stay up all night to finish it. And then I had to present it and I swear to this day I have no clue what I said during my presentation- it was pretty surreal. I remember the teacher asking me about the incidence of the disease I was presenting- and I just completely pulled out of my ass "One in a million". And thank God he bought it.

As all of you know I was in the band, and I couldn't exactly skip the game. We actually get a grade for band which is pretty much based on showing up to games- and if you skip you get your grade and your scholarship docked.

Back then, we didn't cancel class because of football- or have a fall break. Fall break was something that happened at schools up North.

About the game- it was interesting because you had Mumme and Leach with their offense vs. Joe Lee Dunn and his defense. We scored the first drive, and then Kentucky came back and took a big lead. They went for two at some weird times and converted, and we gave them some points because we snapped a ball over Jeff Walker's head on a punt which he got penalized for kicking it out of the back of the end zone. As usual, we committed a bunch of stupid penalties. But what was crazy was with about 3-4 minutes left in the game, Westerfield lined up to kick a field goal and missed. Most people thought we had lost the game at that point. But then I realized that we had time to get the ball back, plus the fact that Kentucky couldn't run the ball- much less on our defense- which made me think we could get the ball back even if they moved it on us. Sure enough, we got the ball back- and then that drive happened, and I knew Westerfield wasn't missing twice.

BulldogBear
10-23-2013, 05:00 PM
I was in Louisiana BBQing and watching on my new DirectV which I thought was the bomb. It was free but we won't discuss why. It was a nice evening and moved the tv set out onto the porch, which something I used to do when the weather was cool. Need to start that practice up again now that I have a cozy front proch again.