PDA

View Full Version : Any one else wondering why the F...

HoopsDawg
05-25-2019, 11:02 PM
We haven't been getting Cerantola more work throughout the season? First round stuff from that dude. Had a few bad starts and we almost completely went away from him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-25-2019, 11:13 PM
Because he couldn't locate for shit early on.

HoopsDawg
05-25-2019, 11:43 PM
Because he couldn't locate for shit early on.

12innings until last night bub. For a guy with that arm talent.

chainedup_Dawg
05-25-2019, 11:59 PM
12innings until last night bub. For a guy with that arm talent.

Those 12 innings distributed over what 5, 6 games, maybe even more than that? How many more games do you try to give him when he can't locate?

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 12:11 AM
He simply wasn't throwing strikes like others have said. His ERA was above 5 coming into the SEC Tournament as well. The fact of the matter is he just wasn't ready and the coaches didn't want to damage his confidence or potentially hurt the team by having hm start the Governor's Cup or La Tech and get shelled.

I think by doing that it gave him a chance to work on things in his own time and maybe he is turning the corner to where we can now possibly use him out of the bullpen and he can be effective for us.

My hope is that we get up big on someone in the regionals and can bring him in to see how he does.

msbulldog
05-26-2019, 06:34 AM
After his pre-season billing I couldn't wait to see him. I saw him a couple of times during the regular season and he couldn't hit the water from the beach. I hope he has turned it around.

revdrdawg
05-26-2019, 07:25 AM
And, after his wild outings, we didn't have the sort of blowout games (either way) where we could take a chance. Even when a mid-week game was won handily, the score was close until the late innings. And we never got so far behind as to write off the game. Every game mattered.
It was the same with position players. Except at catcher and DH, our starters almost never came out and the bench did not get a lot of opportunities.

timotheus
05-26-2019, 07:35 AM
he should either be a starter or the closer next season then

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 07:39 AM

He will have an opportunity to do that next year. He's probably one of the frontrunners for a rotation spot. I'm eager to see how he does this summer.

confucius say
05-26-2019, 08:51 AM
He will have an opportunity to do that next year. He's probably one of the frontrunners for a rotation spot. I'm eager to see how he does this summer.

Ginn, Smith, EC?

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 08:57 AM
Ginn, Smith, EC?

Christian MacLeoud will be in the mix as well. Those are the four frontrunners. If Keegan comes back he could be in the mix as well.

MetEdDawg
05-26-2019, 08:58 AM
The 12 innings is entirely his fault. He started multiple mid week games where he didn't make it out of the first or second inning because he couldn't throw a strike

basedog
05-26-2019, 09:00 AM
Christian MacLeoud will be in the mix as well. Those are the four frontrunners. If Keegan comes back he could be in the mix as well.

I am probably wrong but Keegan was honored on Seniors day, I think it would be iffy him being back. But then again with his brother coming in next fall, maybe a good chance. His little brother plays a good ss and can hit.

TNDawg35
05-26-2019, 09:13 AM
Our pitching is actually setting up to be good next yr with Ginn, Smith, Cerentola, MacLeod, and whatever we bring in. We can move Colby to thy closer roll. I think he would be lights out if Foxhall can get him another pitch this summer.

We can be very good next yr if we keep Allen. (Isn’t he a draft eligible Soph?)

WSOPdawg
05-26-2019, 09:51 AM

Agree with either, but he could truly be something special at the back end of a bullpen -- dude is filthy when he has his command.

The Federalist Engineer
05-27-2019, 02:49 AM
We haven't been getting Cerantola more work throughout the season? First round stuff from that dude. Had a few bad starts and we almost completely went away from him.

Staff tried, series of brutal outings with a huge self destruct performance versus a SWAC team.

Kid has a big future, glad he got the work in the SECT. At this point, he is ahead of several players to pitch more.