PDA

View Full Version : D1 baseball has jokes...

ScoobaDawg
05-25-2019, 10:34 AM
We are still #3 seed. But lsu jumps to 15 and is paired with us
https://d1baseball.com/projections/college-baseball-projected-field-of-64-may-25/

msstate7
05-25-2019, 10:39 AM
That super would be crazy. It would resemble a football game atmosphere

Homedawg
05-25-2019, 10:42 AM
We are still #3 seed. But lsu jumps to 15 and is paired with us
https://d1baseball.com/projections/college-baseball-projected-field-of-64-may-25/

I'd be good w that.

ShotgunDawg
05-25-2019, 10:44 AM

Wouldn't be right and fair IMO to pit two teams against each other that have already played 5 times this year.

Brings in a different dynamic that no other regional would have.

I just don't think it would b me fair

Quaoarsking
05-25-2019, 10:50 AM
Theoretically the teams are seeded 1-16 without any regard to conferences or how many times the teams have played. It's what most everyone had been asking for for years, and it matches what's done in some other sports, like softball and the College Football Playoff.

ScoobaDawg
05-25-2019, 11:00 AM
Theoretically the teams are seeded 1-16 without any regard to conferences or how many times the teams have played. It's what most everyone had been asking for for years, and it matches what's done in some other sports, like softball and the College Football Playoff.

That's correct but lsu wins one game and goes 17 to 14? Nope

Bothrops
05-25-2019, 11:42 AM

It would, but I'd like for this team to at least make it to Omaha.

MarketingBully
05-25-2019, 11:43 AM
I don’t think LSU makes it out of their regional.

MarketingBully
05-25-2019, 11:45 AM
Think about it. LSU has lost multiple midweek games to a number of teams and their starting rotation is suspect. I think Miami would make it out of that regional.

TNDawg35
05-25-2019, 11:46 AM
LSU will be no higher than 16 unless they win the tourney. D1 loves LSU... Hell everyone loves LSU. If I saw that damn last season and this season bit done by SECN, I was gonna puke.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-25-2019, 12:13 PM
I don?t think MSU makes it out of their regional.

Fixed it for you.

gravedigger
05-25-2019, 12:42 PM
I'd be good w that.

Me too

CadaverDawg
05-25-2019, 12:46 PM
If it was in Hoover or Alex Box, or even Omaha, I would hate to play them again....but In Starkville those bastards wouldn't beat us 2 out of 3 again with Omaha on the line. I say bring it on! The only way we'll ever win a Natty would be to start being able to jump mental hurdles....and there is no bigger mental hurdle than LSU for our baseball program

MarketingBully
05-25-2019, 01:02 PM
Fixed it for you.

That’s an asshole way to look at it.

Skydawg1
05-25-2019, 01:48 PM
I don’t think LSU makes it out of their regional.THIS. LSU would still have to win their regional. Not a lock by any means.

Homedawg
05-25-2019, 02:02 PM
That’s an asshole way to look at it.

Yep

basedog
05-25-2019, 02:32 PM
If Lsu host they will win there Regional. There pitching has gotten about as healthy as it's been right now.

Playing at Dudy against anyone is to our favor.

Lsu just plays well down the stretch of a season, they have swagger.

GreenheadDawg
05-25-2019, 03:08 PM
If Lsu host they will win there Regional. There pitching has gotten about as healthy as it's been right now.

Playing at Dudy against anyone is to our favor.

Lsu just plays well down the stretch of a season, they have swagger.

Yes, and we have zero right now.

Dawgology
05-25-2019, 03:54 PM
Yes, and we have zero right now.

We just mailed it in at the tournament. Hope that isn’t indicative of how this team will handle the rest of post season

GreenheadDawg
05-25-2019, 04:00 PM
We just mailed it in at the tournament. Hope that isn’t indicative of how this team will handle the rest of post season

I’m hoping that’s the case but a good team cares about every game. We seem to have lost that fire, the killer instinct that is needed to go deep in the post season. I’m very nervous going forward. Hopefully we have a couple leaders that will step up and light a fire under their ass.

Todd4State
05-25-2019, 04:22 PM
What could be interesting is if LSU loses tonight now that Ole Miss is in the finals.

Todd4State
05-25-2019, 04:24 PM
I’m hoping that’s the case but a good team cares about every game. We seem to have lost that fire, the killer instinct that is needed to go deep in the post season. I’m very nervous going forward. Hopefully we have a couple leaders that will step up and light a fire under their ass.

That's why I don't like it when our fans say this doesn't matter or that doesn't matter. If there is something worth playing for it matters. If we lost to Jackson State our fans would be livid even though that technically doesn't matter either.

deadheaddawg
05-25-2019, 05:11 PM
What could be interesting is if LSU loses tonight now that Ole Miss is in the finals.

If ole miss were to somehow get that host spot opposite of us instead of LSU I would be very happy. I don't know if winning the sec tournament is enough though

Todd4State
05-25-2019, 05:46 PM
If ole miss were to somehow get that host spot opposite of us instead of LSU I would be very happy. I don't know if winning the sec tournament is enough though

It could be. Their resume's are very close. LSU has a better RPI and SOS than Ole Miss and finished one game ahead of them.

However, Ole Miss beat LSU 2/3 head to head on the road and may win the SEC Tournament.

Also, it's possible that both could get a bid but right now it looks like either/or.

MarketingBully
05-25-2019, 05:48 PM

Ole Miss isn’t beating Vandy. We were the only team that could hold their hitting down. Vandy is up what 7-0? Vandy will run rule LSU then run rule Ole Miss. What sucks about our team is we can beat the best and we can look like shit. We have only looked like shit less then 10% of the season but hopefully we got all that crappy playing out of our system at the SEC tournament. Hopefully we show up starting regionals. That shit last night was embarrassing to the max.

Todd4State
05-25-2019, 06:02 PM
Ole Miss isn’t beating Vandy. We were the only team that could hold their hitting down. Vandy is up what 7-0? Vandy will run rule LSU then run rule Ole Miss. What sucks about our team is we can beat the best and we can look like shit. We have only looked like shit less then 10% of the season but hopefully we got all that crappy playing out of our system at the SEC tournament. Hopefully we show up starting regionals. That shit last night was embarrassing to the max.

Is Ole Miss starting Etheridge? I would say that he gives Ole Miss a fighting chance.

Here's a hypothetical- would you be OK with Ole Miss winning the SEC Tournament if it meant Ole Miss hosting a regional and LSU going on the road as a two seed?

I think I make that trade as a MSU fan.

MarketingBully
05-25-2019, 06:18 PM
Is Ole Miss starting Etheridge? I would say that he gives Ole Miss a fighting chance.

Here's a hypothetical- would you be OK with Ole Miss winning the SEC Tournament if it meant Ole Miss hosting a regional and LSU going on the road as a two seed?

So they would sacrifice their chances in a regional to win an SEC tournament? Hasn’t Etheridge already pitched this week? Hey I’d love for Ole Miss to beat Vandy but I don’t see it.

MarketingBully
05-25-2019, 06:27 PM
And you idiots are afraid of this LSU team? They suck.

DawgPoundtheRock
05-25-2019, 06:38 PM

Yes I would. If winning the SEC tournament means that om keeps Bianco for a few more years, then hotty toddy.

deadheaddawg
05-25-2019, 06:50 PM
Yeah it feels like there are two good reason to root for ole miss to win the sec tournament.

1) maybe means they keep Bianco
2) maybe swap regional host spot from baton rouge to Oxford

Both maybes....so I'm not sure if that can win over the natural instinct to root against them

msstate7
05-25-2019, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure I get the wanting OM to keep Bianco. Bianco is a good coach... they could do much, much worse

deadheaddawg
05-25-2019, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure I get the wanting OM to keep Bianco. Bianco is a good coach... they could do much, much worse

And imho they could do better. Bianco is a good coach, but not great. If he was going to elevate ole miss to a consistent contender he would have done it by now.

To me, it's sticking with the known vs the possibility of the unknown. Bianco will keep them good, but not great.

If they made the right hire they could be very good. It's not like you see good college baseball coaches leaving for other programs often. If they were to hire an actual great coach, he would probably be there a while.

If we get to the place we can as a baseball program. A really elite one, then Bianco shouldn't be a threat to us

MarketingBully
05-25-2019, 07:06 PM
Thanks to our dumbasses I think LSU hosts regardless. If Ole Miss wins the SEC tourney, I think they host with LSU instead of in place of LSU.

deadheaddawg
05-25-2019, 07:12 PM
That seems like a real possibility too

maroonmania
05-25-2019, 08:14 PM
And you idiots are afraid of this LSU team? They suck.

Well, they are the only team to beat our ass twice in Starkville and then again at a neutral site. Our 2 wins over them have both been by a gnat's hair. One that took 17 innings and one that we held on for dear life in Starkville. If we played LSU in Starkville they would certainly have plenty of confidence about it.

DownwardDawg
05-25-2019, 08:33 PM
Well, they are the only team to beat our ass twice in Starkville and then again at a neutral site. Our 2 wins over them have both been by a gnat's hair. One that took 17 innings and one that we held on for dear life in Starkville. If we played LSU in Starkville they would certainly have plenty of confidence about it.

This. LSU would show up in Starkville with zero doubt about winning the super.

Todd4State
05-25-2019, 10:25 PM
So they would sacrifice their chances in a regional to win an SEC tournament? Hasn’t Etheridge already pitched this week? Hey I’d love for Ole Miss to beat Vandy but I don’t see it.

I'm not sure who they are throwing and I could see Bianco doing it. He started Mark Holliman against us in 2005.

Todd4State
05-25-2019, 10:26 PM

It's not about me wanting him to stay. It's me saying that if they fire him they're ignorant.

MarketingBully
05-26-2019, 12:13 AM
This. LSU would show up in Starkville with zero doubt about winning the super.

I still don’t think they make it out of their regional but I guarantee you we would be fired up to play them if we were matched up with them and we would have a record Super to see us win it on our way to Omaha. They just don’t scare me like they obviously do you guys. Their rotation sucks and we have an all around better team.

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 12:29 AM
I still don’t think they make it out of their regional but I guarantee you we would be fired up to play them if we were matched up with them and we would have a record Super to see us win it on our way to Omaha. They just don’t scare me like they obviously do you guys. Their rotation sucks and we have an all around better team.

I think Small would win game one against whomever. So, if that happens is becomes a two game series. Ginn hasn't pitched well against them- but if they match up with Walker that might be a shootout. Plumlee started against them but he was more as an opener that game. He gave up a home run to first guy if I remember correctly but then pretty much shut them down. We won't have the same bullpen situation either.

MarketingBully
05-26-2019, 12:37 AM
I think Small would win game one against whomever. So, if that happens is becomes a two game series. Ginn hasn't pitched well against them- but if they match up with Walker that might be a shootout. Plumlee started against them but he was more as an opener that game. He gave up a home run to first guy if I remember correctly but then pretty much shut them down. We won't have the same bullpen situation either.

Yep. I’m thinking Miami is a 2 in their regional and I’d give them the edge to win it. Remember, the 2 in LSU’s regional will be a very high 2 since they will be a 14-16 1 seed.

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 01:14 AM
Yep. I’m thinking Miami is a 2 in their regional and I’d give them the edge to win it. Remember, the 2 in LSU’s regional will be a very high 2 since they will be a 14-16 1 seed.

You're assuming that the NCAA is going to do things correctly. They typically do not- especially in the baseball tournament because unlike basketball they don't have as many people calling them out for not getting it right.

That said- I'm not sure that they would match us up. They certainly might. But I don't think we can assume it.

My guess is we will be the number four National Seed. LSU will host- and I think there is a chance they could be matched up with Vanderbilt. I think the fact that we have played five times and the fact that LSU had to go to Starkville during the regular season could be factors. The NCAA may get it where we meet in Omaha potentially as well- which would possible break some attendance records there. Looking at the numbers- I feel confident Ole Miss won't host even if they win tomorrow. It just isn't there and even if they beat Vandy I can't see them making a huge leap like that. The NCAA is not going to want to cater to the SEC like that if I had to guess, and I also don't think they can give Ole Miss a regional without giving LSU one. That also means that I'm thinking they won't give UT a host bid because of their SEC record which would put Miami in as a host.

I'm expecting the committee to go straight down the RPI line as far as the host bids go except for Tennessee. We'll see if I'm right. If I am we may actually end up being matched up with North Carolina which the NCAA would like because it would insure at least one new team in Omaha this year.

msbulldog
05-26-2019, 08:09 AM
Bianco is going to be at Mississippi for at least 1 more year and let's hope he's there for many more. 14-2 over 4 years speaks volumes!

msstate7
05-26-2019, 08:22 AM
It's not about me wanting him to stay. It's me saying that if they fire him they're ignorant.

I agree.

basedog
05-26-2019, 08:37 AM
You're assuming that the NCAA is going to do things correctly. They typically do not- especially in the baseball tournament because unlike basketball they don't have as many people calling them out for not getting it right.

That said- I'm not sure that they would match us up. They certainly might. But I don't think we can assume it.

My guess is we will be the number four National Seed. LSU will host- and I think there is a chance they could be matched up with Vanderbilt. I think the fact that we have played five times and the fact that LSU had to go to Starkville during the regular season could be factors. The NCAA may get it where we meet in Omaha potentially as well- which would possible break some attendance records there. Looking at the numbers- I feel confident Ole Miss won't host even if they win tomorrow. It just isn't there and even if they beat Vandy I can't see them making a huge leap like that. The NCAA is not going to want to cater to the SEC like that if I had to guess, and I also don't think they can give Ole Miss a regional without giving LSU one. That also means that I'm thinking they won't give UT a host bid because of their SEC record which would put Miami in as a host.

I'm expecting the committee to go straight down the RPI line as far as the host bids go except for Tennessee. We'll see if I'm right. If I am we may actually end up being matched up with North Carolina which the NCAA would like because it would insure at least one new team in Omaha this year.

I just don't think the committee will pair Lsu/Msu in the same super regional because we both play in the West. Of course what the Ncaa Committee does in there minds would be screw the Sec and give the other conferences and teams a better chance to succeed.

Regardless who we play or matched up against, we will have to play our best ball and at home we have been very very good! I like our chances whoever we play.

Todd4State
05-26-2019, 08:58 AM
I just don't think the committee will pair Lsu/Msu in the same super regional because we both play in the West. Of course what the Ncaa Committee does in there minds would be screw the Sec and give the other conferences and teams a better chance to succeed.

Regardless who we play or matched up against, we will have to play our best ball and at home we have been very very good! I like our chances whoever we play.

I agree. At that point you're going to have to beat someone good regardless.

bulldogcountry1
05-26-2019, 09:22 AM
Whoever still thinks we could beat LSU in a series obviously isn't paying attention. They account for 23% of our losses this season, and we didn't even have to go to BR. They own us, and they have for a while now. Whatever metal ownership we have over UM right now, LSU has over us.

Rick Danko
05-26-2019, 09:50 AM
I am convinced LSU will host with La Tech as the two, Southern University as the three, and Grambling as the four...and I?m not being sarcastic