View Full Version : Corn Dog Game #2

Pages : [1] 2

SailingDawg
05-24-2019, 10:35 AM
Are we going with Ginn tonight?

TNDawg35
05-24-2019, 10:37 AM
Yea. Ginn is going.

Not sure what else LSU has left as far as pitching but can’t be much. Be a great time for our guys to go off...

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 10:45 AM
Yea. Ginn is going.

Not sure what else LSU has left as far as pitching but can’t be much. Be a great time for our guys to go off...

I just want us to go back to our approach, be confident, look for our pitch, and grind out at bats. If we do that, we can get back on track offensively. The last two games we have looked timid, unsure, and completely guessing.

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2019, 10:46 AM
TBD per game notes.
interesting note.
As a pitching staff, Mississippi State moved into No. 2 insingle-season strikeouts with Small’s 11 Ks on Thursdayagainst the Commodores, pushing the team’s season total to628. The 1997 struck out 655 batters in 68 games.
Small moved into 2nd place for single season strikeouts also.

Notes on Ginn:

Season: Is tied with Paul Maholm (8; 2001) for the most wins by a freshman pitcher in program history with eight...Ranks No. 2 on the single-season freshmanstrikeouts chart with 95, trailing Eric Dubose (109; 1995) for the rookie record.

StarkVegasSteve
05-24-2019, 10:54 AM
They may try to go back to Henry. He didn't make it through the 2nd on Wednesday. But he was almost at 50 pitches so I doubt they'd be able to go very long with him. Our bullpen is in much better shape than theirs. We need to jump all over them early and don't let LSU use their use usual Hoover black magic.

Jack Lambert
05-24-2019, 10:58 AM
I am ready for our guys to go home and rest but I sure do hate losing to those SOB's.

Scared_Hitless
05-24-2019, 11:03 AM
The only concern I currently have is national seed standing. Someone is going to be left out in the cold in regards to a top 8 seed. I just cant see them giving the SEC 4 of the 8. So Vandy is a lock, then it comes down to Ark, us, and Georgia I dont wanna be sitting at home when they are still playing. If GA was to go on and win the whole thing we may have to sweat it out.

Doggie_Style
05-24-2019, 11:04 AM
I am ready for our guys to go home and rest but I sure do hate losing to those SOB's.

I'm with you on this....I would let our starters rest and just let them have this one.....time to prepare for the regional

smootness
05-24-2019, 11:05 AM
The only concern I currently have is national seed standing. Someone is going to be left out in the cold in regards to a top 8 seed. I just cant see them giving the SEC 4 of the 8. So Vandy is a lock, then it comes down to Ark, us, and Georgia I dont wanna be sitting at home when they are still playing. If GA was to go on and win the whole thing we may have to sweat it out.

The SEC will absolutely get 4 of the top 8 national seeds. All 4 are stone-cold locks at this point. We won't drop below 4.

MedDawg
05-24-2019, 11:11 AM

IF State beats LSU tonight, then in the semifinals Vandy may be vulnerable. Vandy lost the Sunday game for 3 SEC series in a row, two of those at home (Tenn, at UGA, Ark). Then Vandy went on a tear, winning 20 of their last 21 games.

Jack Lambert
05-24-2019, 11:11 AM

I think the commtittee is going to put more stock in regular season and Miss State beat Ga in the regular season.

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2019, 11:12 AM

Exactly..and I want another shot at vandy. We lost 1-0. they would be rested but I think Plum can give us a shot against their 3rd guy Kumar Rocker. Fr. 38th pick in 2018 draft.

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2019, 11:13 AM

Why wouldn't it happen. there were 4 last year from the SEC and the conference is even stronger this year...We are a national seed right now and have been.

PMDawg
05-24-2019, 11:17 AM

Yeah, it kind of sounds bad to say this, but it's probably the right take. If we lose today, we are likely the national 4 seed. I think the 3 seed is our ceiling and we would probably have to win at least two more games to get there. Heck, we may already be the 3 seed, but I really can't see a legit path to the 2 seed. There's just not much to play for.

PMDawg
05-24-2019, 11:19 AM

Yeah, no. It's almost impossible for us to drop below 4 right now. 5 is absolute worst case.

dantheman4248
05-24-2019, 11:20 AM
Why wouldn't it happen. there were 4 last year from the SEC and the conference is even stronger this year...We are a national seed right now and have been.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in life... MSU can get screwed on some bogus stuff. Hard to put the cart before the horse even if there’s absolutely no way we should be anything other than top 4.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 11:23 AM

Exactly, I don’t understand this fallacy that the SEC is only getting 3 National Seeds. We are 46-12 and our metrics scream national seed. We face an LSU team today we should beat and more then likely will but even if we lost a 46-13 team that won 20+ SEC games is going to be a national seed.

CadaverDawg
05-24-2019, 11:31 AM
I don't love the Ginn vs LSU matchup. Lefties seem to hit Ginn Much better than Righties, and LSU has a boatload of lefties. That being said, he is absolutely our best option regardless and we have to pitch him, so I'm not saying dont pitch him, just that I don't love the matchup. Also, we Should be able to score some runs tonight, so even if they touch Ginn up a little, he should still be able to keep them fairly low scoring. No real excuse for us losing tonight, but it's LSU in Hoover so you'd be a fool to think this is a slam dunk

CadaverDawg
05-24-2019, 11:33 AM
And to the poster above....there is 0% chance of us even being as low as #6 National Seed, much less falling out completely. I'd say chances are better than 90% that we're #3, even if LSU beat us 20-0 tonight

Cooterpoot
05-24-2019, 11:34 AM
The SEC will get 4 of the top 8 and they’ll match them all up against each other if they survive super regional play. Half will get a super with another SEC team.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 11:44 AM
And to the poster above....there is 0% chance of us even being as low as #6 National Seed, much less falling out completely. I'd say chances are better than 90% that we're #3, even if LSU beat us 20-0 tonight

Might be why his name is Scared_Hitless...

MedDawg
05-24-2019, 11:44 AM
I don't love the Ginn vs LSU matchup. Lefties seem to hit Ginn Much better than Righties, and LSU has a boatload of lefties. That being said, he is absolutely our best option regardless and we have to pitch him, so I'm not saying dont pitch him, just that I don't love the matchup. Also, we Should be able to score some runs tonight, so even if they touch Ginn up a little, he should still be able to keep them fairly low scoring. No real excuse for us losing tonight, but it's LSU in Hoover so you'd be a fool to think this is a slam dunk

Yeah, LSU in Starkville was by far Ginn's worst game of the season. 6 runs, 5 ER in 5.0 innings. Looks like he gave up 3 in the first, then pitched well 2nd through 4th innings, then in the 5th he gave up a couple walks and they both scored. Finshed with 90 pitches after 5. He did have 9 strike outs to 2 walks in those 5 innings.

Tbonewannabe
05-24-2019, 11:46 AM
After this weekend, we will have a top 4 record in the country along with one of the hardest schedules. We should be a 4 seed at worst and possible 3 or maybe 2 if we won the tourney. I don't see us jumping Vandy or UCLA so probably a 3 seed.

Commercecomet24
05-24-2019, 11:46 AM
These conference tournaments are only important to the teams on the bubble for getting into a regional, the national seeds are pretty much decided before the conference tournaments even start. We will be the 3 or 4 national seed.

Commercecomet24
05-24-2019, 11:47 AM
Yeah, LSU in Starkville was by far Ginn's worst game of the season. 6 runs, 5 ER in 5.0 innings. Looks like he gave up 3 in the first, then pitched well 2nd through 4th innings, then in the 5th he gave up a couple walks and they both scored. Finshed with 90 pitches after 5. He did have 9 strike outs to 2 walks in those 5 innings.

JT should've been out of the first with zero runs, defense cost him those 3, although that wasn't his best day on the mound by far.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 11:48 AM
The SEC will get 4 of the top 8 and they’ll match them all up against each other if they survive super regional play. Half will get a super with another SEC team.

With 4 top 8 seeds, would be tough to avoid getting paired with each other in CWS. Personally, they may go with the 2 and 2 approach. As far as the Super Regionals, I’m not sure they will pair the hosts together BUT you better believe a 2 may sneak through someone’s regional and have SEC paired Supers like last year.

Tbonewannabe
05-24-2019, 11:48 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if 3 teams on one side and 1 on the other at the CWS.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 11:52 AM

I thought the same thing with Smith but LSU didn’t hit him well at all and Smith was hitting 92-94 on his fastball. If Ginn is on, they won’t hit him.

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 11:59 AM
I want to beat LSU so that we'll be 3-2 against them this year. That series loss at home to them still gives me a bitter taste in my mouth

TNDawg35
05-24-2019, 12:02 PM
We have ALOT BETTER shot at being the #1 seed than we have of being left off the national seed pic. Some of you guys need to chill and enjoy it all. We are at worst the #5 seed, but I?m guessing we are #4.

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2019, 12:27 PM
Yeah, it kind of sounds bad to say this, but it's probably the right take. If we lose today, we are likely the national 4 seed. I think the 3 seed is our ceiling and we would probably have to win at least two more games to get there. Heck, we may already be the 3 seed, but I really can't see a legit path to the 2 seed. There's just not much to play for.

Other than pride.. yep.. I think we are either the 3 or 4 national seed now. Vandys win over us bumped them to #1 rpi so might be #1 overall seed..(and get LSU in the Super Regional) Let that sink in again, we went toe to toe with our aces in what could have been a cws final.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 12:43 PM
Other than pride.. yep.. I think we are either the 3 or 4 national seed now. Vandys win over us bumped them to #1 rpi so might be #1 overall seed. Let that sink in again, we went toe to toe with our aces in what could have been a cws final.

This team has all the ingredients of a national title team. Just need our bats to wake up. Would be great if we started hitting today and through the rest of the tournament. Remember, we started really getting hot in early May last year and that carried us through to Omaha. If we start hitting here, that could carry us to a title.

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2019, 12:49 PM
Today's BA projection has us as the 4 seed. down from the 3 yesterday. so instead of pairing up against UCSB, we would get NC State (Foxhalls old team)
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-ncaa-baseball-tournament-projected-field-of-64/

Homedawg
05-24-2019, 02:20 PM
Won't surprise me if the sec ends up w the 2 4,5,8. Which means if serve holds all but one in the same bracket in Omaha.

Captain Falcon
05-24-2019, 02:44 PM
Curious to see what order they have us, Arkansas, and Georgia. UCLA and Vandy are locks to be the Top 2. Georgia has the next best RPI but was swept by us. We were swept by Arkansas but have better metrics than they do. My guess is if any of these three teams win the SECT then that will be who gets 3 overall. 4 and 5 at that point would essentially be a coin flip.

I agree that 6 is our floor though. Really feel like 4 or 5 is most likely, unless we win the SECT, then we could get to 3.

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 02:49 PM
Today's BA projection has us as the 4 seed. down from the 3 yesterday. so instead of pairing up against UCSB, we would get NC State (Foxhalls old team)
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-ncaa-baseball-tournament-projected-field-of-64/

Really the only non-national seeds (9-16) on that list that would scare me would be Oregon State and maybe Georgia Tech. I think we'd smoke NC State at home

TNDawg35
05-24-2019, 02:53 PM
Really the only non-national seeds (9-16) on that list that would scare me would be Oregon State and maybe Georgia Tech. I think we'd smoke NC State at home

Oregon State doesn’t scare me without their soph pitcher who went down early in the yr. oK State is who is hot right now.

basedog
05-24-2019, 03:24 PM
Big time pitchers step up, JT is a big time pitcher, no reason he shouldn't be "lights out" tonight against the Corndogs! I think it's set up for his biggest game ever tonight, so far.

Let's win this thing! All we need is 3 in a row, we are good enough.

parabrave
05-24-2019, 04:36 PM
These conference tournaments are only important to the teams on the bubble for getting into a regional, the national seeds are pretty much decided before the conference tournaments even start. We will be the 3 or 4 national seed.

Yep hit the ole nail on the head with this one. Same goes for basketball.

Todd4State
05-24-2019, 04:48 PM
Won't surprise me if the sec ends up w the 2 4,5,8. Which means if serve holds all but one in the same bracket in Omaha.

The NCAA loves them some parity.

Todd4State
05-24-2019, 04:50 PM
Curious to see what order they have us, Arkansas, and Georgia. UCLA and Vandy are locks to be the Top 2. Georgia has the next best RPI but was swept by us. We were swept by Arkansas but have better metrics than they do. My guess is if any of these three teams win the SECT then that will be who gets 3 overall. 4 and 5 at that point would essentially be a coin flip.

I agree that 6 is our floor though. Really feel like 4 or 5 is most likely, unless we win the SECT, then we could get to 3.

That would be interesting to see on Monday how much the SEC Tournament finish plays into this. Especially with all four possible National Seeds alive at this point. Although- they have announced National Seeds before the SEC Tournament final before. I can't remember if they still do that.

msbulldog
05-24-2019, 05:05 PM
Clay Moffit is pitching tonight for LSU. He's inexperienced, 11 appearances 2 starts mid week 2-0, 17ip, 2.65 era, 11 hits, 7 runs 5 er, 4 walks, 14 so's, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 2 hr's

HoopsDawg
05-24-2019, 05:40 PM
Let's fckn go

Activated Alpha
05-24-2019, 05:44 PM
Clay Moffit is pitching tonight for LSU. He's inexperienced, 11 appearances 2 starts mid week 2-0, 17ip, 2.65 era, 11 hits, 7 runs 5 er, 4 walks, 14 so's, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 2 hr's

So needless to say he's going to work us over

VandelayIndustries
05-24-2019, 05:52 PM
Cleanup hitter Cade Beloso a late scratch, Drew Bianco statrting

TNDawg35
05-24-2019, 06:01 PM
So I have been thinking. Our struggles against Vandy I think was more Vandys guy being GREAT than it was us struggling. That was the #1 team in the nations ace. The dude is good. Now, should we have won? Yea, we prolly should have made plays and pulled it out. We were one swing away a couple times. I think we are pressing too hard and need to relax. All it takes os one at bat to do it also.

The most important thing tonight, The team feeds of Jake. If he walks up and doubles or singles his first at bat with a hard hit ball, then look out!!

Ginn will be Ginn. He hasn’t forgotten about LSU in Starkville. He is gonna be pissed tonight.

msbulldog
05-24-2019, 06:08 PM
So I have been thinking. Our struggles against Vandy I think was more Vandys guy being GREAT than it was us struggling. That was the #1 team in the nations ace. The dude is good. Now, should we have won? Yea, we prolly should have made plays and pulled it out. We were one swing away a couple times. I think we are pressing too hard and need to relax. All it takes os one at bat to do it also.

The most important thing tonight, The team feeds of Jake. If he walks up and doubles or singles his first at bat with a hard hit ball, then look out!!

Ginn will be Ginn. He hasn’t forgotten about LSU in Starkville. He is gonna be pissed tonight.

NO! NO! The aren't that great, Small 3-hit them, they just got a lucky break or we might have played another 17 innings. We are every bit as good as they are!

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 06:13 PM
We need to come out freaking pissed and keep that intensity for the whole game. Enough of this soft and weak approach at the plate. Get mad and hit the freaking ball

RocketDawg
05-24-2019, 06:13 PM
That would be interesting to see on Monday how much the SEC Tournament finish plays into this. Especially with all four possible National Seeds alive at this point. Although- they have announced National Seeds before the SEC Tournament final before. I can't remember if they still do that.

Presumably Arkansas was one of the four possible national seeds ... they're no longer alive. The Bears just sent them home. They play Georgia next, so will quite likely be in the finals against either Vandy or us.

RocketDawg
05-24-2019, 06:21 PM
Looks like the game is going to start a few minutes before 6:30.

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2019, 06:25 PM
what a beautiful start. 2 straight k's on sliders

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2019, 06:26 PM
3 up 3 down. 8 pitches, f*ck yea

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2019, 06:27 PM
JT is on tonight.

Having JT & Small looking right along with the emergence of Smith & Plumlee, has to give us the willies.

If those 4 guys can get it done starting next week, it's on

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2019, 06:30 PM
Good swing by Mangum. Swings like that will get him out of his slump

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 06:31 PM
Good swing by Mangum. Swings like that will get him out of his slump

Agree. I'll take outs like that over Ks and weak pop ups

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2019, 06:32 PM
We've got to get new pants.

The piping connects to the belt too far back & makes all our player's leg look unathletic. Adidas has to do better.

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2019, 06:32 PM
rowdey with the SB...nice job

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2019, 06:33 PM
We've got to get new pants.

The piping connects to the belt too far back & makes all our player's leg look unathletic. Adidas has to do better.

Are you... really...serious.

did you seriously just post that. during a game? wtf

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2019, 06:34 PM
well it was a swinging bunt.. died in front of catcher but rowdey gets to 3rd. 2 out.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:34 PM
This is a shit pitcher we are facing btw and we are still watching Broadway fastballs down the middle of the plate. He’s a ****ing walk on.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:35 PM
This is dumb as shit.

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 06:35 PM
I'm not sure what's more annoying. The Vandy whistler or Todd Walker blowing LSU the entire game

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:36 PM
No one can say shit about this pitcher. He has a shit 89 mph fastball that is flat. We better score and score often on him.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2019, 06:37 PM
We're just slightly missing good pitches to hit.

Foscue will drive that pitch for a double or HR when clicking

Saltydog
JT's got his good stuff so far tonight.

ShotgunDawg
Are you... really...serious.

did you seriously just post that. during a game? wtf

It's true. It looks like shit & loses our guy's money in the draft. I'm not kidding.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:38 PM
We're just slightly missing good pitches to hit.

Foscue will drive that pitch for a double or HR when clicking

Dude this guy is a walk-on and only has a spot because of his legacy. He’s shit.

ScoobaDawg
05-24-2019, 06:39 PM
clay moffits line - 2.65 era, 2-0, 2 games started, 17ip, 11h , 5er, 14ks, 4bb, .180 baa
Only starts are against Texas Southern..Complete game. and grambling

ShotgunDawg
Dude this guy is a walk-on and only has a spot because of his legacy. He’s shit.

Agree, but hitting is still hard.

KOdawg1
Sit down baby Bianco. We own your ass too

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:40 PM
clay moffits line - 2.65 era, 2-0, 2 games started, 17ip, 11h , 5er, 14ks, 4bb, .180 baa
Only starts are against Texas Southern..Complete game. and grambling

He’s less then a weekday starter.

CadaverDawg
05-24-2019, 06:41 PM
No one can say shit about this pitcher. He has a shit 89 mph fastball that is flat. We better score and score often on him.

We ain't blowing out LSU in Hoover. Just isn't happening. The voodoo will keep em close

msbulldog
05-24-2019, 06:42 PM
JT is ON!

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:42 PM
We ain't blowing out LSU in Hoover. Just isn't happening. The voodoo will keep em close

This is like throwing Brent Rooker basically. If I was our coaches I’d just say lock on to his fastball and ignore everything else. He’s not good.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:43 PM
We better not waste Ginn’s performance tonight.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:44 PM
Agree, but hitting is still hard.

Now you’re using this excuse? Really. Smh...

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 06:45 PM
Better jump on them early bc you know they'll have some weird shit go their way late

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 06:46 PM
Good hit Dusty. Bring him around please

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:47 PM
Sigh.

VandelayIndustries
05-24-2019, 06:49 PM
What are we looking for? Fastballs right down the middle

VandelayIndustries
Awful

MarketingBully
Two easily hittable fastballs Westy just watches go by.

KOdawg1
Hey look, another Westburg K

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2019, 06:50 PM
Westburg has lost all confidence. He's guessing instead of reacting. Not trusting himself

If right handed power hitters can't handle breaking balls away, they'll get destroyed

Dawgology
I think we’ve kind of mailed it in for the tournament. Obviously a little more concerned for next week. Or we just don’t care.

KOdawg1
Hey look, another Westburg K

To kill an inning, no less

MarketingBully
We are going to let this ****er off the hook. Watch.

VandelayIndustries
Lets look at more fastballs

Saltydog
05-24-2019, 06:51 PM
It's almost like Westburg is looking for the perfect pitch and gets in the hole with two strikes and then strikes out.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:51 PM
We have just seen that any pitcher literally any pitcher could shut us down. But Shotgun is right hitting a baseball is hard I guess.

VandelayIndustries
05-24-2019, 06:52 PM
Moffitt CG

HoopsDawg
05-24-2019, 06:52 PM
Westburg has lost all confidence. He's guessing instead of reacting. Not trusting himself

If right handed power hitters can't handle breaking balls away, they'll get destroyed

Exactly right.

Btw, Landon Jordan has to be pissed. He's a better hitter than Luke.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:53 PM
Moffitt CG

Yep and those fastballs aren’t good but they are great when our players don’t swing at them.

KOdawg1
We bump up the draft stock of mediocre pitchers everywhere

Gutter Cobreh
Our plate discipline is so hard to watch...

maroonmania
I seriously can't believe Westburg struck out on a pitch that bad. Our offense is seriously struggling right now. Every pitcher isn't Nolan Ryan out there.

bobtail bob
05-24-2019, 06:54 PM
We are being shut down by a high school thrower.
The pitcher's dad looks like your typical south louisiana drunk

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:55 PM
We are being shut down by a high school thrower.
The pitcher's dad looks like your typical south louisiana drunk

Yep, this is embarrassing.

Dawgology
05-24-2019, 06:56 PM
Who as our hitting coach. Did we lose him before the tournament or something?

HoopsDawg
05-24-2019, 06:56 PM

Exactly right.

Btw, Landon Jordan has to be pissed. He's a better hitter than Luke.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 06:57 PM
Btw this isn’t voodoo it’s called not locking into a pitch and not sticking to our approach and just not knowing what the hell to do out there.

ShotgunDawg
I think we’ve kind of mailed it in for the tournament. Obviously a little more concerned for next week. Or we just don’t care.

Hitters always care when they hit. we are in a legit slump. Not picking up breaking balls which is causing us to look for them, which is leading to us letting fast balls go right down the middle. No confidence

Cowbell
Is Geatreau texting in the dugout?

We are bad offensively - somebody please make me feel better about this team.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2019, 06:58 PM
I think JT just threw a 92 mph slider. Ridiculous

Dawgology
05-24-2019, 06:58 PM
Has the loss of MacNamee hurt us this badly? It’s the only big change I can think of.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 07:00 PM
I think JT just threw a 92 mph slider. Ridiculous

Yep and we have shit boy throwing for LSU right with him because our hitters are retarded.

CadaverDawg
05-24-2019, 07:02 PM
Me checking the game thread for update

https://media.giphy.com/media/fDO2Nk0ImzvvW/giphy.gif

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2019, 07:02 PM
Yep and we have shit boy throwing for LSU right with him because our hitters are retarded.

If hitting is so easy, why aren't you in the Major Leagues?

I'll be pissed if we struggle the 2nd time through the order, but the kid has made some nice pitches thus far regardless of his talent.

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:04 PM
This is embarrassing

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 07:05 PM
If hitting is so easy, why aren't you in the Major Leagues?

I'll be pissed if we struggle the 2nd time through the order, but the kid has made some nice pitches thus far regardless of his talent.

He made Broadway flat fastballs our hitters didn’t swing at. Any college pitcher could do that.

mparkerfd20
Ballgame. We cant score.

Percho
Goes to show you, you need to swing at the balls that can be hit.

Cooterpoot
Ginn looks like crap. We still can’t leave the high pitch alone or hit the breaking pitch. This team better get their shit straight next week.

VandelayIndustries
05-24-2019, 07:06 PM
That's great

CadaverDawg
We peaked early. We may lose our Regional. #Reverse

maroonmania
JT laboring and not hitting his spots. Not looking good.

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:07 PM
Yeah, we're in trouble.

VandelayIndustries
LSU winning the tournament

Dawgology

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2019, 07:08 PM
And this is where LSU has a 1000 BABIP vs us.

They are so annoying to play. Everything goes their way 100% of the time

Dawgology
Welp...see y’all for the NCAA tournament. Hopefully we show up a little more interested.

Cooterpoot
I’m flipping this shit over to softball. I’ll check back later. We certainly aren’t peaking.

KOdawg1
We peaked early. We may lose our Regional.

These are my thoughts. We don't even look like an NCAA tournament team. This is pathetic

Skydawg1
Chris ****ing Reid. Again. Things were going well until Captain Kicked Off The Team had his first AB.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2019, 07:09 PM

I don't think we've peaked yet.

I'm hoping this offensive slump will cause us to refocus before next week & manufacturer more

ShotgunDawg
Chris ****ing Reid. Again. Things were going well until Captain Kicked Off The Team had his first AB.

Reid only plays well vs us

mparkerfd20
I will be shocked if we make it to Omaha. SHOCKED! I'll be surprised if we even make it to a Super.

maroonmania

I agree. I'm wondering if Ginn is starting to burn out. Long season for a guy that was a HS senior last year that never pitched long stints.

bobtail bob
05-24-2019, 07:10 PM
This is game is over . If we should happen to get a few hits Manure will start changing pitchers with the quickness and we will spend the rest of our at bats trying to get to them the second time around.

VandelayIndustries
05-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Ginn is lost out there, more pain coming

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:11 PM
Yeah, Ginn is missing big. Just put in Cerantola, sub in the bench, and wave the white flag. We're in serious trouble next week.

IMissJack
05-24-2019, 07:11 PM
This sucks.

deadheaddawg
05-24-2019, 07:13 PM
I think he is a guy that a bunch of our fans wanted to be promoted to head coach last year

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:14 PM
****ing pathetic

VandelayIndustries
Yay just give away bases

Saltydog
2 runs in our last 25 innings.

bobtail bob
Already at fifty pitches, lol

KOdawg1
**** this team

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2019, 07:15 PM
We are brain dead

Westburg too busy worrying about his hitting & not communicating with the 3B

VandelayIndustries
Hanging BB right down the middle on 0-2

mparkerfd20
Yeah he's serving meat when he does throw a strike. Stick a fork in this team for the year. We done.

state66
Haha load the buses and go home

VandelayIndustries
05-24-2019, 07:16 PM
Just awful

MarketingBully
What the **** was that?

MaroonFlounder
Gilbert has no business playing infield

maroonmania
Hanging pitch after hanging pitch. I could hit the meatball Ginn is throwing up there. Brandon Smith is a better pitcher right now than Ginn.

ATTILLA THE DOG
****ing pathetic

we are not ready to play, infield defense is piss poor

Skydawg1
No Omaha for us boys. Defense isn't there this year, this late in the season.

bobtail bob
05-24-2019, 07:17 PM
Leave him in we not winning this

MaroonFlounder
Worst infield defense in MSU history

MarketingBully
Hanging pitch after hanging pitch. I could hit the meatball Ginn is throwing up there. Brandon Smith is a better pitcher right now than Ginn.

We couldn’t. We wouldn’t swing.

KOdawg1
Haha this is pathetic. We look a little league team

Saltydog
That's some of the things you see with Gilbert playing 3rd. He's still somewhat learning the position but not covering on the steal is just having your head up your ass. And then he throws it away.

VandelayIndustries
Meltdown

RocketDawg

He's not getting a lot of help from the infield though.

maroonmania
We are done. We look like a little league team out there. On to other things.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 07:18 PM
The lack of hitting directly led to the shit we are seeing here.

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:19 PM
Get his ass out of there. He's literally pissing his pants

Skydawg1
05-24-2019, 07:20 PM
Chris effing Reid.

VandelayIndustries
Yep just call it a day

BuckyIsAB****
Im a football guy but I can tell you when there is little to no give a shit and thats exactly what we are doing. We look like we dont wanna be there, 0 effort 0 fight right now from this bunch.

CadaverDawg
05-24-2019, 07:21 PM
Our guys should be sick. This has been a prideless performance

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:21 PM
Im a football guy but I can tell you when there is little to no give a shit and thats exactly what we are doing. We look like we dont wanna be there, 0 effort 0 fight right now from this bunch.

mental p***ies

Maroonthirteen
05-24-2019, 07:22 PM
He's not getting a lot of help from the infield though.

Yep. We should already be out of this inning. A mental error and throwing error on 3b cost us two outs.

Ginn has pitched well enough so far.

MarketingBully
Our guys should be sick. This has been a prideless performance

Bunch of pussies.

BuckyIsAB****
mental p***ies

I hope its just baseball and it has proven to be that over the course of this season but its really concerning for me to see it when we are playing for our lives next weekend

Saltydog
No Omaha for us boys. Defense isn't there this year, this late in the season.

I think far too many here on this board have already penciled us in to Omaha. I'm not 100% sure we'll get out of a regional at this point.

BuckyIsAB****
05-24-2019, 07:23 PM
I think far too many here on this board have already penciled us in to Omaha. I'm not 100% sure we'll get out of a regional at this point.

We have 46 wins and 20 SEC wins. If we arent thinking Omaha something is wrong. The kids look like they are thinking about their girlfriends and hitting Drifters in the district

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:24 PM
Spring is literally scared shitless too. Can we not get someone who has the mental toughness to get us out of this?

VandelayIndustries
05-24-2019, 07:24 PM
mental p***ies

Ding ding ding. walk in a run

Homedawg
05-24-2019, 07:25 PM
Glad to see Todd's boy spring come in and full the zone up. Dear goodness.

state66
05-24-2019, 07:25 PM
We got worse playing in the SEC tournament. Just go home.

Saltydog
05-24-2019, 07:26 PM
This one is going to get ugly.

msstate7
05-24-2019, 07:27 PM
Hold em here and we still have a shot. LSU will give us some runs

Percho
05-24-2019, 07:27 PM
Bear in mind it is only the top of the third. Remember we were down 7 - zip in the top of the first once this year.

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:28 PM
Bear in mind it is only the top of the third. Remember we were down 7 - zip in the top of the first once this year.

Against Memphis.

Saltydog
05-24-2019, 07:28 PM
It's the goal and expectation for sure but to act like it's our birth right is stupid. Nope, it will have to be earned and right now this team is not clicking on all cylinders. Matter o' fact, they're not clicking on any cylinder. The only reason we made it last year was because they caught lightning in a bottle and got hot at exactly the right time.

Hambone
05-24-2019, 07:29 PM
Yea but they aren’t Memphis

KOdawg1
We better come out freaking pissed. If another batter has a soft, embarrassing at-bat, bench them and go with someone else. Take some freaking pride

MarketingBully
Against Memphis.

The Memphis pitcher was better then this ****. If we would swing at fastballs we will score runs.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-24-2019, 07:30 PM
Cohen needs to go down to the dugout, hit the water cooler with a bat and cuss out some people.

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:30 PM
Gilbert needs to make up for his errors right here because half of those runs were on him

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:32 PM
Soft ass flyout

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 07:32 PM
Gilbert needs to make up for his errors right here because half of those runs were on him

Gilbert ****ed this game by himself. How do you not cover third there? That didn’t make any sense.

West Tn Dawg
05-24-2019, 07:33 PM
Well, I see we still bow down to LSU. Yes, I kow we won 40+ games, yes Jake has hit record and all the other stuff, but the last couple weeks this team has sucked!

ZedFedder
05-24-2019, 07:36 PM
Well, I see we still bow down to LSU. Yes, I kow we won 40+ games, yes Jake has hit record and all the other stuff, but the last couple weeks this team has sucked!

You serious, G? Did you even watch what we did to OM? Did you watch us put 24 on SC?

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:36 PM
Is it bad I'm sitting here hoping they walk a run in?

VandelayIndustries
05-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Mainieri aint playing, getting the hook

RocketDawg
05-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Moffett seems just a bit hyper.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 07:38 PM
Welp, we missed our chance to get a ton of runs. Shit boy for them did his job because we didn’t swing at right down the middle fastballs the first two innings.

deadheaddawg
So is Arkansas not good enough to make it to Omaha?

I assume not, not that it is clear we are not

KOdawg1
Maybe the new guy will come in and start plunking us.

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:40 PM
Get f***ing mad

GreenheadDawg
05-24-2019, 07:40 PM
If I’m Lemonis I’m extremely nervous for the regional. This team is sucking right now

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:43 PM
Bring them in Dusty.

West Tn Dawg
05-24-2019, 07:44 PM
How we gonna screw this up? Prove me wrong Dawgs!

RocketDawg
05-24-2019, 07:45 PM
This LSU pitcher is going to throw one up in the stands in a minute.

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:46 PM
LET"S GO. WE"RE NOT DONE YET 17ERS

dantheman4248
05-24-2019, 07:48 PM
Lol we didn’t even get our turn yet this inning and people already threw in the tile.

Think I said this a couple times in the SCar threads. Game is 9+ innings, not 2.5 innings.

VandelayIndustries
05-24-2019, 07:49 PM
Game threads are always one way or the other haha

DownwardDawg
Lol we didn’t even get our turn yet this inning and people already threw in the tile.

Think I said this a couple times in the SCar threads. Game is 9+ innings, not 2.5 innings.

They always do.

KOdawg1
Shit Hatcher

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:50 PM
Westburg, this would be a great time for you to wake the hell up

VandelayIndustries
Come Westy. redeem here

RocketDawg
This would be a good chance for Westburg to break out of his slump

Saltydog
05-24-2019, 07:51 PM
Hatcher, sigh. Good lord, there's two strikes. Swing the bat.

VandelayIndustries
Missed opprtunity there

RocketDawg
Nope

MarketingBully
Westburg is a waste of space. The count was 2-0 for that ground out.

ShotgunDawg
The amount of strike outs we've had with runners in scoring position has to change. Has been brutal all week

KOdawg1
Slump continues and we spoil a great opportunity to come back

Cooterpoot
05-24-2019, 07:52 PM
I’d pull Hatcher after that shitastic AB

KOdawg1

He really is.

ShotgunDawg

Entire team looks like trash at the plate

MarketingBully
Hatcher, sigh. Good lord, there's two strikes. Swing the bat.

What got me is he swung at ball 4 on a 3-1 count and let’s a much closer pitch just go by.

msugolf
Time to give Westy a break. He needs to sit for a while to hit the reset button.

Maroonthirteen
Difference in that Inning. MSU 2 errros gives LSU 3 runs. LSU 0 errors

bobtail bob
05-24-2019, 07:53 PM
I didn't realize how depleted their staff is. We may have a chance. I switched to jim on the stream and we got two runs. Leaving the tv off for now

Skydawg1
Missed opprtunity thereYeah, but we chipped away a bit. They are totally out of pitching.

msstate7

Not watching, but radio was not impressed

Cooterpoot
Too many guys getting their font down early and speeding up their freaking rhythm.

Activated Alpha
Bases loaded curse strikes again

BuckyIsAB****

He was praying for a walk. Dont compete hope he gives it to me. Even danced out of the way of a pitch that wasnt close to hitting him. Hes scared

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 07:54 PM

Yep, we are actually getting hurt because teams are starting righties.

Saltydog
This guy pitching (George) has good stuff. If he throws strikes he's going to be tough, especially with our hitting now.

DownwardDawg
We really needed to get 3 in that inning. Still got plenty of time though.

KOdawg1
Not watching, but radio was not impressed

It was pathetic. Mentally weak approach. You have to have guys who want to hit the ball. Hatcher and Westy didn't want to that inning

Bothrops
If this team losses to a pitcher strapped LSU we won't make it to Omaha.

WeWonItAll(Most)
Hey, at least Westburg actually swung at strikes and watched balls. Baby steps.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 07:55 PM
He was praying for a walk. Dont compete hope he gives it to me. Even danced out of the way of a pitch that wasnt close to hitting him. Hes scared

Well he put himself in a shit situation. The dumb ass swung at ball 4 on 3-1.

Saltydog
Uh, we lost the SC game too.

bobtail bob
He's got to do something about worstburg. He's a tremendous drag on our lineup

HoopsDawg
I'd have to put cumbest or halter in RF.

KOdawg1
Oh boi

Scared_Hitless
Hard to fathom how bad Westburg is hitting right now. He needs to change his approach every AB he gets down 0-2 then strikes out on a breaking pitch. Time to let him swing out of the slump on the first pitch or hit the bench

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:56 PM
I'd have to put cumbest or halter in RF.

And Halter in for Westburg. It's time

FriarsPoint
05-24-2019, 07:56 PM
But I would remind JT Ginn 1)He made the right choice choosing college 2)Further proof of that is the fact he pitched against LSU twice and twice they rocked his ass.

I would remind him of these two things from this day until the next 364.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 07:57 PM
If this team losses to a pitcher strapped LSU we won't make it to Omaha.

Agreed. We have the better arms right now. Our dumb ass hitters just suck ass right now.

Scared_Hitless

I agree Halter improved as the season went on Westy has regressed. He will be similar defensively as Westy is not a star on that end

ScoobaDawg
wtf...i passed out in my chair for an hour I guess.. JT was dominating and now we are on our 2nd reliever and down 3. wtf.

KOdawg1
05-24-2019, 07:58 PM
I agree Halter improved as the season went on Westy has regressed. He will be similar defensively as Westy is not a star on that end

Yep. It's not like Westburg is a gold glover out there. The only reason we had to keep him there is because of his bat. But he might as well not have a bat as of late.

Homedawg
05-24-2019, 07:58 PM

You've lost it dude.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 07:59 PM
wtf...i passed out in my chair for an hour I guess.. JT was dominating and now we are on our 2nd reliever and down 3. wtf.

Worse then that, our hitters can’t hit LSU scrubs. Our approach at the plate this game is worse then the other times combined.

Percho

Go back to sleep, you will be happier.

Skydawg1
And Halter in for Westburg. It's timeHey, if Halter is our Tiger-killer, I'm all in.

KOdawg1
You've lost it dude.

Have I really? How many times does Westburg have to choke for you to be satisfied?

NCDawg
05-24-2019, 08:00 PM
If Barlow can get the ball over the plate, he can be pretty tough.

MarketingBully
05-24-2019, 08:02 PM
Also please tell me why we aren’t using the shift against these dick heads? We’ve used it every possibly way every time else. This is the team to use the shift on. They hit it in the 2b-1b hole for most to all of their hits.

preachermatt83
05-24-2019, 08:03 PM
Cohen needs to go down to the dugout, hit the water cooler with a bat and cuss out some people.

You will hardly ever see Cohen curse anybody. He will lose his cool and go ballistic but he really isn?t much of a curser

West Tn Dawg
05-24-2019, 08:04 PM
Have I really? How many times does Westburg have to choke for you to be satisfied?

No matter how bad they are playing, you can't call them out, or someone will be quick to tell you how good they USE to be, like that makes any difference at the moment.