PDA

View Full Version : In need of a Coast fishing report

Howboutdemdogs
05-23-2019, 04:48 PM
I will be fishing out of Ocean Springs next Friday. What is the report on water conditions and Specs and Red movement? What is the lure combinations being used?

BeastMan
05-23-2019, 05:53 PM
East side is where it’s at with the spillway open. I’ve heard some decent reports of trout at the islands. Also heard good reports on inshore reefs for specks and white trout. You fresh live/natural bait or artificial? On Sunday I’ll start off with a hunchback topwater, a jig, and a sparkle beetle under a cork. If I can’t find trout and switch to reds it’ll be a chatterbait, jig, and dead shrimp if all else fails. The ole crutch

SpeckleDawg
05-23-2019, 06:55 PM
Like Beast said, stick to that East side. The water is much better over there and the trout are hungry. I rarely fish that far East (even with our dirty water), so I unfortunately don't have much intel to share. I know they're catching over that way and the fat girl trout are hungry. Good luck!

Howboutdemdogs
05-23-2019, 07:15 PM
As always,,,,,this is greatly appreciated. I will respond next Friday on the results. What I have heard is that it is dirty water. Maybe the rivers will clean up more and help flush with the tides by the end of next week.

BeastMan
05-23-2019, 09:31 PM
As always,,,,,this is greatly appreciated. I will respond next Friday on the results. What I have heard is that it is dirty water. Maybe the rivers will clean up more and help flush with the tides by the end of next week.

I’ll have a first-hand report Sunday but it will be other side.

Uncle Ruckus
05-26-2019, 01:31 PM
Where I fish (west of you) is inshore and pond water now with probably a foot visibility, but I’m still catching a lot of reds and sheepshead. Not much luck with artificial because of the water, so I’ve been using dead shrimp. Also, try this site out - http://forums.bullnettlenews.com/22-mississippi-fishing-saltwater-forum/#/forums/22
it’s like this board but strictly ms saltwater. You can get some good info there

Howboutdemdogs
05-26-2019, 08:15 PM
Good stuff Uncle!