PDA

View Full Version : That dang Vandy whistler needs his ass beat down.

99jc
05-22-2019, 07:16 PM
Nm

Bothrops
05-22-2019, 07:27 PM
They say he has a gang around him, someone needs to bring a bigger gang in and put an end to it.

tireddawg
05-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Ass beating won't do it. You'll have to eliminate his whistler.

viverlibre
05-22-2019, 07:56 PM
They say he has a gang around him, someone needs to bring a bigger gang in and put an end to it.

It seems a fan base that rings cowbells of all things would be his biggest defenders. It wasn't that long ago that cowbells were illegal.

Bothrops
05-22-2019, 08:08 PM
It seems a fan base that rings cowbells of all things would be his biggest defenders. It wasn't that long ago that cowbells were illegal.

Someone taking it upon himself (as a lone individual) to irritate everyone around him is different than thousands of fans ringing cowbells at their home field.

dantheman4248
05-22-2019, 08:12 PM

I’d rather 10,000 whistlers than one prominent one who sits next to the TVs to irritate the viewers as a point.

Every time there’s one cowbell ringing it sticks out and sounds 10 times worse than when everyone is ringing them. When someone smuggled in one to Southern Miss a few years back it just sounded tacky.

viverlibre
05-22-2019, 08:38 PM
This sentament resulted in cowbells being banned for over 30s. Just grin and bear the few times we have to deal with it. We certainly don't need to support banning him.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-22-2019, 09:19 PM
We certainly don't need to support banning him.

This thread wasn't about banning him. It was about assaulting him.

Jarius
05-23-2019, 03:20 AM
I'm more tired of people bitching about him than I am him whistling. Mute the tv. People do that when we play all the time because the cowbell sound irritates them....or go assault him. Whatever.

The Federalist Engineer
05-23-2019, 03:28 AM
If he did his nonsense in Philly or Oakland - he would already be compost.

There would have been pieces of him in seven different dumpsters.

Southerners aren't hardcore like that

dawgoneyall
05-23-2019, 06:39 AM
Are they legal at baseball games?

Go away.

StarkVegasSteve
05-23-2019, 08:14 AM
I'm pretty sure he threatens to sue anyone who gets near him. How much does your life have to suck to be the ones that "protect" him.

Jack Lambert
05-23-2019, 08:20 AM
Someone taking it upon himself (as a lone individual) to irritate everyone around him is different than thousands of fans ringing cowbells at their home field.

Few years ago tow LSU fans sat in our section and were very vocal. They did not last an entire quarter. We were giving them hell with the cowbells.

HoopsDawg
05-23-2019, 08:20 AM

He can whistle his ass off at a football game if he wants too. No one is ringing a cowbell non-stop in the grandstands of a baseball game. Sad I have to explain this.

confucius say
05-23-2019, 08:39 AM
Im surprised a group of 8-10 have not sat right beside him and taken turns screaming in his ear all night.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-23-2019, 09:51 AM
If he did his nonsense in Philly or Oakland - he would already be compost.

There would have been pieces of him in seven different dumpsters.

Southerners aren't hardcore like that

WTF???

The Federalist Engineer
05-23-2019, 10:28 AM
WTF???

Just saying that an annoying guy like this only happens when he knows the people around him are predictably law abiding

Estadio Urbano Caldeira in Brazil, someone would drown him in a dirty toilet and then post it on Instagram

mstatefan91
05-23-2019, 10:33 AM
I will be tuning into the radio broadcast on my cell phone connected to my Bluetooth speaker and pausing it to match the game.. hopefully, the whistler won't come through as loudly

yjnkdawg
05-23-2019, 11:25 AM
All those Cajuns hollering LSU LSU LSU annoys me, but can they be banned? Nope. If we can take care of business his whistle should hopefully be muted. One whistler doesn't compare to anything like being in the middle of a bunch of LSU fans at Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night.

Dawg61
05-23-2019, 12:32 PM
We need a group of about twelve State fans to surround this dude and ring cowbells every time he tries to whistle

Todd4State
05-23-2019, 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure he threatens to sue anyone who gets near him. How much does your life have to suck to be the ones that "protect" him.

I've heard this too. I've also heard that he got an elderly MSU couple removed from a game and threatened them because they were complaining about him.

I agree with others that attention is the worst thing you can give him.

Dental Dawg33
05-23-2019, 12:59 PM
I don't see how his Vandy brethren put up with it. I'm sorry but if I'm sitting next to one of you at a game and you whistle like that incessantly I'm eventually going to lean over and politely ask you to 17'n chill with it. Aren't there two of them also? Like a pair of damn parrots whistling in rhythm with one another?

BuckyIsAB****
05-23-2019, 01:05 PM

It seems you should piss off mate

Dawg61
05-23-2019, 01:14 PM
It seems you should piss off mate

Wondering how long this post was gonna take. viverlibre obviously not a State fan first with his comment.

BuckyIsAB****
05-23-2019, 01:26 PM
Wondering how long this post was gonna take. viverlibre obviously not a State fan first with his comment.

Viver libre means live free I think so cowbells must live rent free in his/her head

Goldendawg
05-23-2019, 04:51 PM
I've heard this too. I've also heard that he got an elderly MSU couple removed from a game and threatened them because they were complaining about him.

I agree with others that attention is the worst thing you can give him.

Found out today at work that a State fan from my area has had words with him before. Don't know the details. If Vandy is playing well, may have to mute the tv and listen to play by play on the radio. Hail State!

viverlibre
05-23-2019, 05:12 PM
Viver libre means live free I think so cowbells must live rent free in his/her head

My point is that in 1974 Shug Jordon (Auburn's less successful Bear Bryant), used the same sentiment to get cowbells banned in SEC play. They stayed banned until 2010. So we ban whistleing, where does it stop? I'm sure if we get the whitlser banned, it won't be long until they are coming after cowbells (again).

On TV he really doesn't bother me that much, but I don't hang on every word either, I watch, but listen passively.

starkvegasdawg
05-23-2019, 05:14 PM
My point is that in 1974 Shug Jordon (Auburn's less successful Bear Bryant), used the same sentiment to get cowbells banned in SEC play. They stayed banned until 2010. So we ban whistleing, where does it stop? I'm sure if we get the whitlser banned, it won't be long until they are coming after cowbells (again).

On TV he really doesn't bother me that much, but I don't hang on every word either, I watch, but listen passively.

Again, nobody wants whistling banned. We want life made so miserable for him he quits on his own.

99jc
05-23-2019, 05:20 PM

I want to punch him in his 17ing throat....and if you don't quit defending him you Vandy freak Ill shove your head up his ass and give you an inside view.

viverlibre
05-23-2019, 05:30 PM
Again, nobody wants whistling banned. We want life made so miserable for him he quits on his own.

The only possible remedy would be for opposing fans to surround him and start a chant every time he starts to whistle. That would take a lot of coordination though, which is probably why it is not currently employed as a technique to silence him. Due to the numbers and passion needed, likely only MSU and/or LSU fans could pull this off.

I'm sure he (they) thrive on the attention, I know several stories have been done on him (including SEC network), would completely ignoring him be a better option?

viverlibre
05-23-2019, 05:39 PM
I want to punch him in his 17ing throat....and if you don't quit defending him you Vandy freak Ill shove your head up his ass and give you an inside view.

Oh no I'm scared! Mr. Internet tough guy please don't leave your mom's basement and come beat me up!

Unlike most message board tough guys, I'm actually a season ticketholder to multiple sports. Everyone on this board is likely a an Alum or has some other close connection (who would be a MSU fan other wise?), I seriously doubt Vandy fans (if any) read or post on this board.

Dawg2003
05-23-2019, 05:41 PM

You seem nice.

Dawg61
05-23-2019, 06:15 PM

Lol like starkvegasdawg said nobody wants to Chinese ban whistling in a stadium we just want the most annoying mfer in the world to shut the hell up already just like every other SEC fanbase wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4AmLcBLZWY

starkvegasdawg
05-23-2019, 06:41 PM
The only possible remedy would be for opposing fans to surround him and start a chant every time he starts to whistle. That would take a lot of coordination though, which is probably why it is not currently employed as a technique to silence him. Due to the numbers and passion needed, likely only MSU and/or LSU fans could pull this off.

I'm sure he (they) thrive on the attention, I know several stories have been done on him (including SEC network), would completely ignoring him be a better option?

I want someone with a double ended battle bell to sit right beside him and ring that damn thing right behind his head the entire game. I mean the entire game. Follow him to the concession stand and even to the bathroom. Hell, follow him to his car after the game.

viverlibre
05-23-2019, 08:33 PM
I want someone with a double ended battle bell to sit right beside him and ring that damn thing right behind his head the entire game. I mean the entire game. Follow him to the concession stand and even to the bathroom. Hell, follow him to his car after the game.

I've thought about this for the next time Vandy comes to the Dude. Cowbells are banned from the Dude, but i'm sure if it shut down the whistler, everyone would be cool with it.

Activated Alpha
05-24-2019, 07:58 AM
I've thought about this for the next time Vandy comes to the Dude. Cowbells are banned from the Dude, but i'm sure if it shut down the whistler, everyone would be cool with it.

Hell I was thinking a good ole fashioned gym whistle to blow in his ear every time he whistles. Tit for tat so to speak

shannondawg
05-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Hell I was thinking a good ole fashioned gym whistle to blow in his ear every time he whistles. Tit for tat so to speak

Best idea I have heard.

Incidentally the state fans started chanting last night when he started whistling and drowned him out of the most part. and kudos to the announcers for not acknowledging his sorry ass.

yjnkdawg
05-24-2019, 09:09 AM
I don't see how his Vandy brethren put up with it. I'm sorry but if I'm sitting next to one of you at a game and you whistle like that incessantly I'm eventually going to lean over and politely ask you to 17'n chill with it. Aren't there two of them also? Like a pair of damn parrots whistling in rhythm with one another?

Yep, and one is a preacher. I'm not sure if both were here last night, but they have been together before. They seem to like to get where the microphones are located. Supposedly ESPN challenged them a few years ago , about them ruinng their broadcast, but it looks like ESPN had to back down.

yjnkdawg
05-24-2019, 09:11 AM

The problem here would be the gym whistle is an artificial noisemaker and their whistling is not.

Maroonthirteen
05-24-2019, 10:16 AM
The bugs raining down last night were more annnoying than the whistling.

I went to the super regional last year. I was there last night. He doesn?t bother me at all. Also the State fans in the late innings responded to his whistles with chants. It was the perfect response to the whistle if there even needed to be a response. .

shannondawg
05-24-2019, 11:21 AM
What about a fist upside the head?

It just pisses me off that someone can annoy 80% or more of the crowd and nothin can be done about it.

Maroonthirteen
05-24-2019, 04:30 PM
http://https://twitter.com/timlefty13/status/1132032907667738624?s=21 (http://twitter.com/timlefty13/status/1132032907667738624?s=21)

This assclown sitting front row of OM/Ark, yelling is the type fans you punch.

Typical pig fan.

RocketDawg
05-24-2019, 06:20 PM
http://https://twitter.com/timlefty13/status/1132032907667738624?s=21 (http://twitter.com/timlefty13/status/1132032907667738624?s=21)

This assclown sitting front row of OM/Ark, yelling is the type fans you punch.

Typical pig fan.

What was he doing? The pig-sooey thing?

Maroonthirteen
05-24-2019, 07:25 PM
What was he doing? The pig-sooey thing?

Just yelling smack the whole game to the OM players. The whole game...

RocketDawg
05-25-2019, 05:15 PM
Is the Whistler being tossed from the LSU game? The "Event Staff" was gathered around him, apparently due to complaints from the guy sitting in front of them.

msbulldog
05-25-2019, 05:26 PM
He was sitting in seats he didn't have tickets for. They just made him move.

BeardoMSU
05-25-2019, 05:28 PM
He was sitting in seats he didn't have tickets for. They just made him move.

So he's a mooch on top of an obnoxious douche? Perfect.

DownwardDawg
05-25-2019, 05:29 PM
He’s right back though.

Todd4State
05-25-2019, 05:35 PM
Here's my thing about these "superfans" like The Whistler and the Go Tigers guy.

There's a double standard here with ESPN.

How many times have you watched a baseball game and someone runs out on the field and the ESPN announcers go "Well, some idiot just ran out on the field and we're not going to show him."?

But then you have these superfans that do annoying things and for basically the same reason as the people that run on the field- for attention. And the double standard is ESPN gives these superfans attention. I've seen them even interview them before. And don't tell me that ESPN doesn't have the technology to drown out things like whistling if they wanted to. Or the guy heckling the Ole Miss players the whole game. Or Go Tigers guy.

Todd4State
05-25-2019, 05:37 PM
What about a fist upside the head?

It just pisses me off that someone can annoy 80% or more of the crowd and nothin can be done about it.

Most of the time stadiums have a thing that they run before the game talking about sportsmanship, etiquette, not cussing at the umpires, and etc.

Has no one gone to the ushers to make him stop and if he doesn't then have him removed? That seems like a simple and better solution than beating him.

Liverpooldawg
05-25-2019, 05:45 PM
Most of the time stadiums have a thing that they run before the game talking about sportsmanship, etiquette, not cussing at the umpires, and etc.

Has no one gone to the ushers to make him stop and if he doesn't then have him removed? That seems like a simple and better solution than beating him.

No grounds to remove him. ESPN supposedly tried a couple of years ago, it has to hurt their ratings. They were unsuccessful. All you can do is ask him to stop. He won't.

Todd4State
05-25-2019, 05:49 PM
No grounds to remove him. ESPN supposedly tried a couple of years ago, it has to hurt their ratings. They were unsuccessful. All you can do is ask him to stop. He won't.

No- you absolutely can not harass people in a public setting. The ballpark people do try to give people a lot of leeway because they want everyone to go home "happy" even the obnoxious drunk. If someone pushes the issue- they'll remove him.

Hambone
05-25-2019, 08:19 PM
Well he’s never been removed. AND people, multiple people, have complained, so that argument doesn’t hold up.

yjnkdawg
05-25-2019, 08:30 PM
No- you absolutely can not harass people in a public setting. The ballpark people do try to give people a lot of leeway because they want everyone to go home "happy" even the obnoxious drunk. If someone pushes the issue- they'll remove him.

No they won't. As long as he just whistles, he will not be removed for that. I mentioned earlier in the thread a day or so ago. that ESPN confronted him about the whistling a few years ago. They told him that it was ruining their broadcast. He didn't really care and ESPN could not stop him. Even some Vandy fans don't care for it, and supposedly a few years back, at least one Vandy player's family complained. He doesn't care though. He wants to be the center of attention, and controversy it seems, and be obnoxious.

maroonmania
05-25-2019, 08:41 PM

Pisses me off that he uses our cowbells as a reason why he should be allowed the whistling too. Football atmospheres and baseball atmospheres are totally different. He could whistle all day and night at a football game and nobody would even hear him. At a baseball game, its a smaller, quieter atmosphere where EVERY individual thing a fan yells out is heard by most of the crowd there. A football game is just a whole different animal with 7 to 10 times the number of people in a much larger venue. Its a big reason why we really don't use cowbells at baseball games. The whistler is just about trying to be the center of attention and that is all.

yjnkdawg
05-25-2019, 08:51 PM
Pisses me off that he uses our cowbells as a reason why he should be allowed the whistling too. Football atmospheres and baseball atmospheres are totally different. He could whistle all day and night at a football game and nobody would even hear him. At a baseball game, its a smaller, quieter atmosphere where EVERY individual thing a fan yells out is heard by most of the crowd there. A football game is just a whole different animal with 7 to 10 times the number of people in a much larger venue. Its a big reason why we really don't use cowbells at baseball games. The whistler is just about trying to be the center of attention and that is all.

The problem is that the stadium people can not get him for whistling, because his whistling is not with an artificial noisemaker. And you got that right on him wanting to be the center of attention

maroonmania
05-25-2019, 09:07 PM
The problem is that the stadium people can not get him for whistling, because his whistling is not with an artificial noisemaker. And you got that right on him wanting to be the center of attention

I understand that but apparently he uses our cowbells as one of his justifications for being able to carry on with the whistling like he does.

Homedawg
05-25-2019, 09:49 PM
The guy is a dick. Period. The 6 vandy fans there probably hate it too. But unfortunately nothing will ever be done to him. Not sure there is grounds to, unless we outlaw whistling ��

Lord McBuckethead
05-25-2019, 10:49 PM
Why don't bulldog fans sit right behind him with a battle bell.
Wait, I do not want our bell to be associated with that asshole.

HoopsDawg
05-25-2019, 10:56 PM
The guy is a dick. Period. The 6 vandy fans there probably hate it too. But unfortunately nothing will ever be done to him. Not sure there is grounds to, unless we outlaw whistling ��

Corbin and Vandy could stop it but they choose not to.