PDA

View Full Version : LSU vs South Carolina

MarketingBully
05-21-2019, 10:30 PM
5-3 Cocks in the top of the 4th. Hope this holds up. If it does, makes pitching Brandon Smith the right call since they are so Right Hand hitter heavy. Then you have Small face Vandy, and Ginn in the Semis. I don?t like starting Smith against LSUs Left Handed heavy lineup but hopefully we won?t have to worry about that.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 10:39 PM
I'm expecting South Carolina to blow this. Unless they score 10 runs.

Good news is LSU is on their third pitcher.

Dawgcap
05-21-2019, 10:41 PM
So if LSU wins we should change the rotation?

Skydawg1
05-21-2019, 10:52 PM
SCAR won't score again this game so they have to somehow hold 'em here. Nevermind, ballgame.

Bothrops
05-21-2019, 10:55 PM
LSU just iced this game. Will we be reduced to mental midgets tomorrow..

Skydawg1
05-21-2019, 10:57 PM
LSU just iced this game. Will we be reduced to mental midgets tomorrow..Will we? Yes. 100%

MarketingBully
05-21-2019, 10:57 PM

No. Smith will get us killed tomorrow. Start Egan if you’re going with a weekday starter.

MarketingBully
05-21-2019, 11:00 PM
I'm expecting South Carolina to blow this. Unless they score 10 runs.

Good news is LSU is on their third pitcher.

They’ll still start Walker tomorrow who shut us down in Starkville. The only positive there though was we hit the guy hard but just right at people. Maybe we can find holes. And please please please Lemonis don’t play Hatcher in right field this week. Play Cumbest. That outfield will eat Hatcher up.

Skydawg1
05-21-2019, 11:07 PM
It's a shame Hess is back in the pen because he's the only guy we knocked around earlier this year. I'm sure we'll see him tomorrow but only when the game is out of reach. Yes, Eric Walker is tough...not imposing, just hard to hit.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:07 PM

I find it interesting that everyone else has started weekend guys but we're worried about our guys who will be going on longer rest.

I think our coaches are overthinking this. Just start your best guys and roll with it.

Dawgcap
05-21-2019, 11:08 PM
No. Smith will get us killed tomorrow. Start Egan if you’re going with a weekday starter.

I love your passion but damn it’s a game that all of a sudden needs to change this late at night. The funny thing is if we lose tomorrow you will explain why we did.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:10 PM
They’ll still start Walker tomorrow who shut us down in Starkville. The only positive there though was we hit the guy hard but just right at people. Maybe we can find holes. And please please please Lemonis don’t play Hatcher in right field this week. Play Cumbest. That outfield will eat Hatcher up.

We have to start Hatcher against RHP. We'll start Smith because he throws strikes more consistently than Eagan. He has been better than Keegan, Cerentola, and Eagan.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:12 PM
I love your passion but damn it’s a game that all of a sudden needs to change this late at night. The funny thing is if we lose tomorrow you will explain why we did.

My hope at this point is that we play LSU in the loser's bracket with Ginn. That's what the coaches apparently want to do.

Dawgcap
05-21-2019, 11:12 PM
I find it interesting that everyone else has started weekend guys but we're worried about our guys who will be going on longer rest.

I think our coaches are overthinking this. Just start your best guys and roll with it.
Why are we overthinking? Or maybe we aren’t and we have a game plan that some don’t agree with

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:14 PM
It's a shame Hess is back in the pen because he's the only guy we knocked around earlier this year. I'm sure we'll see him tomorrow but only when the game is out of reach. Yes, Eric Walker is tough...not imposing, just hard to hit.

We can hit them if we have our normal approach at the plate.

Dawgcap
05-21-2019, 11:16 PM
My hope at this point is that we play LSU in the loser's bracket with Ginn. That's what the coaches apparently want to do.

Amazing. We are in the losers bracket already

MarketingBully
05-21-2019, 11:16 PM
We have to start Hatcher against RHP. We'll start Smith because he throws strikes more consistently than Eagan. He has been better than Keegan, Cerentola, and Eagan.

At DH sure. In the outfield in this park? He’s not an outfielder.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:18 PM

Yeah. I'm conceding it. It's meaningless to our fans and maybe our coach so why should I care?

MarketingBully
05-21-2019, 11:18 PM

We will be if we start Smith against LSUs lineup. Maybe I’m wrong and we win a shootout but the percentages are not in our favor starting a righty midweek guy against their Saturday guy.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:19 PM
At DH sure. In the outfield in this park? He’s not an outfielder.

Hancock is hitting well though. We can bring Cumbest in late if we want to.

MarketingBully
05-21-2019, 11:23 PM
Yeah. I'm conceding it. It's meaningless to our fans and maybe our coach so why should I care?

Fact. Small gives us the best chance to win vs LSU period. I agree with your assessment. We should use our normal rotation and go Small, Ginn, Plumlee, And Smith if it goes that far. That will give us the best chance to win as well and utilize our pen the most efficiently. We start a midweek guy tomorrow and our pen will be overused right away.

Dawgcap
05-21-2019, 11:24 PM
Y’all are amazing. You want to bitch before first pitch as usual. The funny thing is you will be right eventually because the only way you will be wrong is if we win it all. Then you will be the best fans ever. If we win you will say we got a break and then shit on us the next loss. What will make you happy?

MarketingBully
05-21-2019, 11:27 PM
Hancock is hitting well though. We can bring Cumbest in late if we want to.

Cumbest and Hancock are line drive hitters and suit this park better. Hatcher is more of a power hitter. Hatcher’s bat isn’t worth the risk of his poor defense in right field. Have you seen how many hits have gone to right field that LSU has hit? Pretty much all of them. Also, have you forgotten the sun aided doubles Hatcher gave up this weekend? He’s not an outfielder.

Dawgcap
05-21-2019, 11:32 PM
Fact. Small gives us the best chance to win vs LSU period. I agree with your assessment. We should use our normal rotation and go Small, Ginn, Plumlee, And Smith if it goes that far. That will give us the best chance to win as well and utilize our pen the most efficiently. We start a midweek guy tomorrow and our pen will be overused right away.

Amazing take.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:32 PM

There is a reason why everyone else does it my way. And it's not because I'm some baseball guru.

MarketingBully
05-21-2019, 11:33 PM
Y’all are amazing. You want to bitch before first pitch as usual. The funny thing is you will be right eventually because the only way you will be wrong is if we win it all. Then you will be the best fans ever. If we win you will say we got a break and then shit on us the next loss. What will make you happy?

Cumbest starting in right and Small starting and at least going with Egan if we want to go the midweek starting guy against LSU. Seeing the shift for all of their LH hitters. I just think these things give us the best chance to beat LSU. If we don’t do those things and we go with Brandon Smith and start Hatcher in right I won’t bitch either way but I don’t think that gives us the best chance to win but then again we might not be going to Hoover to necessarily win it. We really don’t get anything out of it except we get a tourney championship. We have already locked up the national seed so who knows.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:36 PM

I don't really care what kind of fan people think I am. I've contributed my share I assure you. What would make me happy is if we used common sense and pitched Small tomorrow. That's all. We're basically giving away our advantage that we earned because we're paranoid about burning up our arms- which is something we control. And in the process it could ironically cause us to play another game and force us to do what we're trying to avoid.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:37 PM
Cumbest and Hancock are line drive hitters and suit this park better. Hatcher is more of a power hitter. Hatcher’s bat isn’t worth the risk of his poor defense in right field. Have you seen how many hits have gone to right field that LSU has hit? Pretty much all of them. Also, have you forgotten the sun aided doubles Hatcher gave up this weekend? He’s not an outfielder.

Cumbest struggles against RHP and that is all LSU has. With our pen we need all the offense we can muster. Hatcher has made some mistakes but he's adequate.

Dawgcap
05-21-2019, 11:40 PM
I don't really care what kind of fan people think I am. I've contributed my share I assure you. What would make me happy is if we used common sense and pitched Small tomorrow. That's all. We're basically giving away our advantage that we earned because we're paranoid about burning up our arms- which is something we control. And in the process it could ironically cause us to play another game and force us to do what we're trying to avoid.
So because of tonight’s game we should change our game plan?

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:48 PM
So because of tonight’s game we should change our game plan?

I've been saying this all weekend.

Skydawg1
05-21-2019, 11:49 PM
Small is starting tomorrow fella's. Dunno where all this anti-rotation nonsense is coming from.

Todd4State
On TV-

Hey guys did you see that Carter Stewart is going to Japan?

Kyle Peterson and Todd Walker- silence.

Dawgcap
There is a reason why everyone else does it my way. And it's not because I'm some baseball guru.

Seriously. I respect your opinion but big guy it’s an opinion and some do it your way way and some don’t. But I’m guessing if you’re as amazing as you think you are you’d be busy coaching this weekend and not on a message board

Skydawg1
05-21-2019, 11:51 PM
Is there a mic on the pitchers mound?

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:51 PM
LSU just burned up one of their best relievers and now Todd Peterson is in with two innings to go. Hopefully South Carolina will rally and force them to use Hess.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:52 PM
Is there a mic on the pitchers mound?

I don't know but I hear it too.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:56 PM
Seriously. I respect your opinion but big guy it’s an opinion and some do it your way way and some don’t. But I’m guessing if you’re as amazing as you think you are you’d be busy coaching this weekend and not on a message board

It is an opinion. The fact that most of the other SEC coaches share it is good enough for me.

And really the other SEC coaches opinion should be good enough for you too.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:58 PM
Small is starting tomorrow fella's. Dunno where all this anti-rotation nonsense is coming from.

Do you have a link? I've heard contrasting info from different people.

Skydawg1
05-22-2019, 12:08 AM
Do you have a link? I've heard contrasting info from different people.Nope, but KP and Co. sure seem to be of the belief that State would stick to the reg rotation.

Todd4State
05-22-2019, 12:14 AM
Nope, but KP and Co. sure seem to be of the belief that State would stick to the reg rotation.

I wonder if they have talked to our staff though? Maybe they have but they could be just assuming.

I've heard both from different people though. It could be Smith of South Carolina wins and Small if LSU wins. We'll find out tomorrow.

Dawgcap
05-22-2019, 12:14 AM
It is an opinion. The fact that most of the other SEC coaches share it is good enough for me.

And really the other SEC coaches opinion should be good enough for you too.

Last I checked some win, some don’t. There are no guarantees. If we were outside a National seed I’d agree but I think we pitch our normal rotation at this point. Sorry I was a dick but I don’t get the panic of changing to Small at the last minute because SC lost

Todd4State
05-22-2019, 12:22 AM
Last I checked some win, some don’t. There are no guarantees. If we were outside a National seed I’d agree but I think we pitch our normal rotation at this point. Sorry I was a dick but I don’t get the panic of changing to Small at the last minute because SC lost

No there are no guarantees but you should do what gives you the best chance to succeed and achieve your goals. And as far as changing pitchers- there had been nothing official from MSU. Our release says TBA.

Skydawg1
05-22-2019, 12:27 AM
Officially Eric Walker vs TBA. cough**SMALL**cough

Todd4State
05-22-2019, 12:30 AM

And I'll add this since you think I will bitch about it- if we pitch Small and lose you won't see me bitch about that I guarantee you that.

Todd4State
05-22-2019, 12:31 AM
Officially Eric Walker vs TBA. cough**SMALL**cough

I hope you're right.

Dawgcap
05-22-2019, 12:33 AM
And I'll add this since you think I will bitch about it- if we pitch Small and lose you won't see me bitch about that I guarantee you that.

Well of course you won’t. Seriously that would contradict your stance

Cooterpoot
05-22-2019, 01:58 AM
If Small goes, he’s not getting more than 50- 75 pitches. Even if we win, we’ve got Vandy. I just don’t see a reason to care about this game.

basedog
05-22-2019, 08:37 AM
Small would be throwing in the bullpen anyway, he has been penciled in to start from the beginning, same with Ginn. I would love for us to win the tourney, all games are important. Now if we get bat so be it but winning another ring for the players and another banner is all good! I will worry about the regionals next week.

Time to put the Corndogs in the losers bracket, sick of them!

StarkVegasSteve
05-22-2019, 09:30 AM
If Small goes, he’s not getting more than 50- 75 pitches. Even if we win, we’ve got Vandy. I just don’t see a reason to care about this game.

This is where I stand. It'd be great to win to beat LSU, but I don't want go all out to try and win this game if we'll just have to play Vandy tomorrow. Save Small and try to make it. Our bullpen is going to be put in tough situations in the postseason, let's see how they handle it tonight. If we get beat, oh well. We're still going to be a national seed when the bracket comes out Monday.