PDA

View Full Version : COY goes to Corbin

basedog
05-20-2019, 09:17 PM
Hard to complain but I'm like bull! Lemonis stepped in as the winniest first year Coach ever in the Sec.

I took off my maroon shaded sunglasses while posting this**

CJDAWG85
05-20-2019, 09:22 PM
I would’ve given to Van Horn before Corbin.

BeardoMSU
05-20-2019, 09:30 PM

How about Bianco for what he's accomplished with that former #1 recruiting class? It takes real coaching acumen to NOT be swept two weeks in a row...**

AlSwearengen
05-20-2019, 09:51 PM

Wasn’t Vandy preseason no.1? Weren’t we picked almost last in the west? Arkansas lost a good bit from last year.

Hell, I might give it to georgia’s coach before I gave it to Corbin.

And while we are bitching about picks, how did olemiss’ catcher make 2nd team ahead of Skelton?

Todd4State
05-20-2019, 09:59 PM
Lemonis gets my vote. He did a phenomenal job and with a more difficult SEC schedule than Vanderbilt.

Skelton should have been on one of the All SEC teams as well.

MarketingBully
05-20-2019, 10:01 PM
You might as well give the COY to Saban then. Let me think. Vandy got to play the Eastern Division plus Alabama. They played all three basement teams plus got Arkansas at their place and didn’t have to play us. Had they not won the SEC that would have been surprising.

Dawg2003
05-20-2019, 10:07 PM
There's usually more than one person who could win these awards.

Goldendawg
05-20-2019, 10:45 PM
You might as well give the COY to Saban then. Let me think. Vandy got to play the Eastern Division plus Alabama. They played all three basement teams plus got Arkansas at their place and didn’t have to play us. Had they not won the SEC that would have been surprising.

Don't Vandy and TN get lottery $ for additional baseball scholarships? Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

DownwardDawg
05-20-2019, 10:48 PM
Hahaha!!! What a joke.

Todd4State
05-20-2019, 11:06 PM
Don't Vandy and TN get lottery $ for additional baseball scholarships? Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Vandy may not because it's private but they give out hardship scholarships to people that have families that make less than 110K a year. Tennessee does I'm sure.

TaleofTwoDogs
05-20-2019, 11:11 PM
Vandy may not because it's private but they give out hardship scholarships to people that have families that make less than 110K a year. Tennessee does I'm sure.

Sad times if you make $109K a year and can't afford to send your kid to a good school.

BB30
05-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Sad times if you make $109K a year and can't afford to send your kid to a good school.

Vandy is close to 50K/yr in tuition( a tad different than just sending your kid to a "good" school).

R2Dawg
05-21-2019, 02:46 PM
Vandy is close to 50K/yr in tuition( a tad different than just sending your kid to a "good" school).

65K per year when I was looking a year ago.

Agree with others, Corbin would have been probably 4th on my list. Ark, UGA and MSU all ahead. Hard not to give it to Lemonis. What does a guy have to do to win it? First year coach doing what he did was pretty amazing. Yep he had talent but he could have screwed it up and we only won 31 games too.

Ezsoil
05-21-2019, 11:40 PM
Hard to complain but I'm like bull! Lemonis stepped in as the winniest first year Coach ever in the Sec.

I took off my maroon shaded sunglasses while posting this**

I'd have to get with one of the West coaches because the east is absolute garbage....look they will have four teams out on the first day of the SEC tourney.....