PDA

View Full Version : Gerri Green per 24/7

mic
10-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Torn ACL.. out for year... when it rains it pours..

Coach34
10-23-2013, 11:00 AM
wow

Well, another redshirt. And with us only losing 3 starters on D- he wouldnt have played much anyway. Just have to hope he comes back 100%

smootness
10-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Good. grief. We can't catch a break.

FISHDAWG
10-23-2013, 11:05 AM
he was probably gonna redshirt anyway ... I just hope he doesn't develop Nikoe problems

mic
10-23-2013, 11:05 AM
wow

Well, another redshirt. And with us only losing 3 starters on D- he wouldnt have played much anyway. Just have to hope he comes back 100%

agree.. I don't think any high school kids we have committed as of now will make a big splash their frosh year with what we have coming back..

engie
10-23-2013, 11:09 AM
This is a huge blow -- and makes another questionmark out of one of VERY few of our sure things in the class.

HancockCountyDog
10-23-2013, 11:25 AM
This is a huge blow -- and makes another questionmark out of one of VERY few of our sure things in the class.

Who the hell did we piss off?

So two of our best commits now have a torn ACL and a torn ACL and MCL.

I guess to put a positive spin on it, they both won't be attending these all star games and get recruited by other team's commits, but that is the best I can do.

Is it just me or have the injuries to players just skyrocketed this season? The bears recruiting class has been hit hard by injuries too, but we really can't afford to lose Green. Damn this sucks.

mic
10-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Who the hell did we piss off?

So two of our best commits now have a torn ACL and a torn ACL and MCL.

I guess to put a positive spin on it, they both won't be attending these all star games and get recruited by other team's commits, but that is the best I can do.

Is it just me or have the injuries to players just skyrocketed this season? The bears recruiting class has been hit hard by injuries too, but we really can't afford to lose Green. Damn this sucks.

well you spoke too soon.. JJ just got invited to the under armor game..

SnakePlissken
10-23-2013, 12:00 PM
well you spoke too soon.. JJ just got invited to the under armor game..But he won't play due to a torn up knee

HancockCountyDog
10-23-2013, 12:10 PM
But he won't play due to a torn up knee

Does he still get to go to the game? I would assume so?

Problem is that recovering from a ACL and MCL tear is an extremely tough recovery. I really wish we had him on campus to monitor his recovery from the first day;

CJDAWG85
10-23-2013, 12:11 PM
JJ tore his ACL and meniscus

mic
10-23-2013, 12:25 PM
But he won't play due to a torn up knee

I know he will not play , but we all know how things tend to go down at the UA All American game.. But a great honor for JJ to get the invite..

bully99
10-23-2013, 12:30 PM
As long as we can keep everyone from getting a crick in their neck.

deltadawg99
10-23-2013, 01:34 PM
I am not a member of the 247 board, but did Paul quote green or did he just say that he heard he tore his ACL?

My family in Greenville haven't heard anything about it. Gerri is a pretty big deal there and I'm sure it would be on the news or in the newspaper.

msstate7
10-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Our 3 best recruits have had season-ending injuries. That's one way to hold onto them I guess

Homedawg
10-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Another poster on there is saying as of today, he is gone and will be a rebel. Just reporting what was said.

MarketingBully01
10-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Yep and Paul also said he was confident we would keep Green. In this case I would tend to side with Paul. I would also like to add that the only way we lose Green is if we tanked the season. That is what that poster was getting at anyway. I doubt Ole Miss will flip him unless we go 4-8 and lose to Ole Miss like a lot of you guys are predicting. To me, if we finish 6-6/7-5 it will take care of itself.

msstate7
10-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Yep and Paul also said he was confident we would keep Green. In this case I would tend to side with Paul.

We've gotta hold onto green. If we can't keep green with a torn up knee, perhaps it is time to make a coaching change.

HancockCountyDog
10-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Yep and Paul also said he was confident we would keep Green. In this case I would tend to side with Paul. I would also like to add that the only way we lose Green is if we tanked the season. That is what that poster was getting at anyway. I doubt Ole Miss will flip him unless we go 4-8 and lose to Ole Miss like a lot of you guys are predicting. To me, if we finish 6-6/7-5 it will take care of itself.

Im going to say this once, We aren't losing Green.

MarketingBully01
10-23-2013, 02:21 PM
I would say we will keep Green. When push came to shove, that poster was waivering from his initial thought.