PDA

View Full Version : 3rd wave of Manning QBs?

msstate7
05-20-2019, 10:55 AM
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/highschool/2019/05/19/arch-manning-nephew-peyton-and-eli-impresses-high-school-varsity-debut/3730123002/

Do Eli and Peyton have sons? If so, how old?

skadoosh14
05-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Eli had a son this year. Peyton’s son was born in 2011

msstate7
05-20-2019, 11:01 AM
Eli had a son this year. Peyton?s son was born in 2011

So a ways off. I don't like the mannings, but their athletic genes are pretty amazing

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2019, 11:09 AM
I hope Dak produces an family tree of QBs

MedDawg
05-20-2019, 11:16 AM
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/highschool/2019/05/19/arch-manning-nephew-peyton-and-eli-impresses-high-school-varsity-debut/3730123002/

Do Eli and Peyton have sons? If so, how old?

OM will hire the Newman HS coach after the kid finishes his senior season but before he signs anywhere.

msstate7
05-20-2019, 11:18 AM

I really think he should marry Victoria Vivians haha

MaroonBelle
05-20-2019, 11:20 AM

If this happened Dak would be able to give him the one thing he never got himself, which is advanced training early. Most of these QBs of his same generation that people are so high on have been training with QB gurus since they were preteens. When people talk about Dak's ceiling I feel like yelling, you don't know what his ceiling is because he is years behind all these QBs in training. Footwork and things like that were pounded into their heads during their QB formation while he just being the best athlete on the field with his coaches in small town Louisiana doing the best they could. Just imagine what he would have been if he had those advantages. Of course, we never would have had him then.

I found this article fascinating when it first came out about the QBs drafted the same year as him:
https://www.si.com/0mmqb/2016/05/11/nfl-draft-quarterbacks-how-modern-qbs-are-made-jared-goff-carson-wentz

Pinto
05-20-2019, 12:28 PM
I think JoMo should go ahead and offer him now. I'd just like to see the reaction.

StarkVegasSteve
05-20-2019, 12:33 PM
If he's good we should absolutely offer him. He'll probably end up at Duke with Cutcliffe. I'd have to assume he's probably already working with him in some extent.

Johnson85
05-20-2019, 12:35 PM
It's a USA today story and not a clarion ledger writer, but still funny to see them pouring salt in the wound by mentioning that archie and eli played at ole miss, and not mentioning that Cooper, the kids actual father, played at Ole Miss.

If he can throw like his uncles but also gets his dad's mobility, that would be a pretty incredible combination. I'm not sure if Cooper got a scholarship as a WR fully on his on merits or not, but at the very least, he was apparently a good bit more mobile than peyton and eli.

shannondawg
05-20-2019, 01:08 PM
Damm I hate to have to go thru another generation of this crap.

Todd4State
05-20-2019, 02:10 PM
If I'm Ty Keyes and Luke Altmeyer I'm committing to MSU because all of the Ole Miss fans are going to want him to start as a freshman. I'm sure Manning will go to Ole Miss. The melt was bad when Peyton chose Tennessee I can only imagine what the melt would be today with social media.

fishwater99
05-20-2019, 03:00 PM
It's a USA today story and not a clarion ledger writer, but still funny to see them pouring salt in the wound by mentioning that archie and eli played at ole miss, and not mentioning that Cooper, the kids actual father, played at Ole Miss.

If he can throw like his uncles but also gets his dad's mobility, that would be a pretty incredible combination. I'm not sure if Cooper got a scholarship as a WR fully on his on merits or not, but at the very least, he was apparently a good bit more mobile than peyton and eli.

Cooper was the better athlete of the bunch, but his spinal condition sidelined him from ever playing in college.

Johnson85
05-20-2019, 04:53 PM
Cooper was the better athlete of the bunch, but his spinal condition sidelined him from ever playing in college.

Not positive, but I don't think it sidelined him until after his freshman season at Ole Miss. Not sure if he ever actually got on the field, but I think he was a scholarship player that finished at least a year. I would call that "played" for Ole Miss, although I guess it would be more accurate to say he was on the team.

Goldendawg
05-20-2019, 10:56 PM
So, I can use some whiteout on my old "Archie Who?" button and it will be again usable in a few years? Hail State!

Todd4State
05-20-2019, 10:59 PM
So, I can use some whiteout on my old "Archie Who?" button and it will be again usable in a few years? Hail State!

Yeah. Just mark out the I and the E.

Todd4State
05-20-2019, 10:59 PM
Not positive, but I don't think it sidelined him until after his freshman season at Ole Miss. Not sure if he ever actually got on the field, but I think he was a scholarship player that finished at least a year. I would call that "played" for Ole Miss, although I guess it would be more accurate to say he was on the team.

I'm 100% sure that Cooper was on "scholarship" the entire time he was at Ole Miss.

Todd4State
05-20-2019, 11:04 PM
Damm I hate to have to go thru another generation of this crap.

The worst part to me was after we beat Eli in 2001 they absolutely freaked out and that's when all the Jackie/Xena stuff kicked up into high gear. It will be a different era in 2023 though.

But one thing is for sure and you can take it to the bank- they will do EVERYTHING within their power to make sure that his career is successful at Ole Miss. It worked last time because the NCAA hated Jackie and to be honest we were not the program that we are now. We basically had a legend at head coach that could get us to 7-10 wins but at the same time we were also unstable enough to lose to Troy State and win 3 games. If we keep winning consistently we will be a lot harder to take down. Not having LT as AD helps a lot too.

fishwater99
05-21-2019, 10:24 AM

Was diagnosed the summer before his freshman year, was on the team in the summer but quit before the season started.

bulldawg28
05-21-2019, 02:25 PM
I doubt he goes to Ole miss. I honestly could see him going to LSU. All the kid has to do is be an average Qb and he's going pro. He doesn't need Cutcliffe to coach him for preparation. His uncle's are easily enough.

Jack Lambert
05-21-2019, 02:46 PM
If they have a third generation that is all pro good and if I was one of them I would start freezing my sperm to sell in the future.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 04:48 PM
I doubt he goes to Ole miss. I honestly could see him going to LSU. All the kid has to do is be an average Qb and he's going pro. He doesn't need Cutcliffe to coach him for preparation. His uncle's are easily enough.

You must not remember how nuts Ole Miss fans went when Peyton chose Tennessee. I'll be shocked if he goes anywhere other than Ole Miss. Doesn't matter if he is Peyton good or Ryan Buchanan good.

Maroonthirteen
05-21-2019, 05:08 PM
You must not remember how nuts Ole Miss fans went when Peyton chose Tennessee. I'll be shocked if he goes anywhere other than Ole Miss. Doesn't matter if he is Peyton good or Ryan Buchanan good.

Peyton seemed to more level headed than Cooper. Cooper seems to be all oM. Coopers kids will go to OM

Maroonthirteen
05-21-2019, 05:11 PM
I'm 100% sure that Cooper was on "scholarship" the entire time he was at Ole Miss.

Which he should have been. The guy has a disease that robbed him of pursuing his dreams. That would have been honorable of OM to honor the scholarship. I don?t care how rich he was/is.

bulldawg28
05-21-2019, 05:41 PM

One thing I give the Manning's credit for is they allow the kids to make their decision. Eli wouldn't have gone to Ole Miss if Cutcliffe wasn't there.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Which he should have been. The guy has a disease that robbed him of pursuing his dreams. That would have been honorable of OM to honor the scholarship. I don?t care how rich he was/is.

Absolutely. I think there are legit hardship scholarships that every school can get from the NCAA.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 06:18 PM
One thing I give the Manning's credit for is they allow the kids to make their decision. Eli wouldn't have gone to Ole Miss if Cutcliffe wasn't there.

Of course the entire reason they hired Cutcliffe was to get Eli. I don't think it's a coincidence that they dumped Cutcliffe one year after Eli graduated. Ole Miss will go all out to get what they want in football. I give them credit for that. They don't let very many legacies go other places very often.

I wish MSU did a better job of that with our legacies.

Cowbell
05-21-2019, 10:10 PM
Wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to hire Cutcliffe to make this happen.

Todd4State
05-21-2019, 11:24 PM
Wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to hire Cutcliffe to make this happen.

I seriously doubt it. They don't want him and Cutcliffe doesn't want them either and has a much better job for him. They'll hire some pro style coach probably.