PDA

View Full Version : Crowd last night....

basedog
05-18-2019, 11:25 AM
I was there and when I read this morning 9,235 attended I'm like wut? No way did or do I believe that, I've been attending games at Dudy for a long time, the stands were pretty much filled and folks were everywhere in the outfield.

I'd bet all my vCash that was wrong.

Hatcher's bomb to deep straight center last night looked like a rocket, hit almost to the top of the green monster and didn't seem to be a rainbow shot. Dude hits the ball hard, keeps this up and Mac want be missed.

Tanner Allen is as hot of a hitter I have ever seen in a long time, not only that dude has played a very good 1st base.

SC has gone so far down it's hard to believe, I realize they have injuries and I keep reading how much talent they have for young players, but they play defense about like a high school team. Just awful for a Sec team.

Lastly, I don't get fans complaining about the berms, it looks ok and there are lots of young folks sitting out there. I also believe the new Dudy can hold and break the attendance record we have IF the fire marshals allow, lots of standing room all around the place.

Fireworks last night were pretty good.

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2019, 11:27 AM
Something doesn't seem right with the new DNF attendance numbers.

Seems like either we were inflating them at the old DNF or something is off with the new counting system

timotheus
05-18-2019, 11:27 AM
I thought there were more than 9235 folks there also.

basedog
05-18-2019, 11:33 AM
I told fellow ED Arob44 last night it looked like well over 11,000. We were laughing talking about way back 84 or 85, we sat on a roll off watching Raffy and Will play, it was 4 or 5 of us, It was just down the right field side which we had a great view, be pretty hard pulling up those old folks now days, alcohol made me strong back in the day, don't drink now days, LOL!

Bothrops
05-18-2019, 11:38 AM
Our numbers are often comparable to Oxford's numbers and there looks to be at least 20..even 40 percent more bodies in our park on average. Not sure what the deal is.