PDA

View Full Version : Game 3 vs the Cocks

Pages : 1 [2]

BayouDawg
05-18-2019, 05:11 PM
Well thats what happens when play with a complete lack of focus. You get beat by a team that has no business beating you. But still a great regular season and 20 conference wins is a hell of an achievement. Gotta get our heads right for the post season now l.

RougeDawg
Bullshit 3rd strike. Was of the plate should not have come to that but still Busch league call by home plate ump.

MarketingBully
BS call to end it, but you gotta swing at it

You could swing at it but odds are good you won’t hit it. Was a bad bad call.

CadaverDawg
Least we didn't get beat 10-3. We showed some fight at the end. Moral victory

starkvegasdawg
05-18-2019, 05:13 PM
Just got out of the theater. Dammit, Cadaver, I thought I had left it in good hands. Did you change underwear?

BayouDawg

Some good moral fiber helped make that beautiful turd we just laid

Bothrops
I guess someone didn't tell our players that a win would lock up the West until late in the game.

Dental Dawg33
05-18-2019, 05:14 PM
It was a ball but too close to take. Sucks when ya got the west at your fingertips but dicked around too much today. Atleast we didn’t lay down and gave it a go at a comeback. Now go make some 17n noise in post season

CadaverDawg
Just got out of the theater. Dammit, Cadaver, I thought I had left it in good hands. Did you change underwear?

No, but the team will have to change theirs...they're full of shit

MarketingBully

Meh, our pitching let us down along with some oopsies by Hatcher and an error by Gilbert. Four of their runs resulted off of our fielding and lack of discipline in the field.

Skydawg1
05-18-2019, 05:15 PM
Catcher was lined up in the outside batters box and the ump rung it up. Bullshit call.I wasnt watching...listening to Jim. Jim said that was a pitch he should have swung at.

CadaverDawg
05-18-2019, 05:16 PM
Games like today our aggressive approach hurts us. That starter was on, so we should have taken a lot of pitches and worked counts and gotten his pitch count up early. Give us another inning or 2 vs that pen and we win easily

Quaoarsking
From our official Twitter account, post-game

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D64cMaSU8AEDRac.jpg

Sadly, this our only our 2nd SEC West title since the expansion to 12 teams in 1992-93.

MarketingBully
So when LSU destroys SC on Tuesday we will see just how bad that team was that beat us today. So we play the night game against LSU on Wednesday.

CadaverDawg
05-18-2019, 05:17 PM

Sadly, this our only our 2nd SEC West title since the expansion to 12 teams in 1992-93.

Yuck

BayouDawg
05-18-2019, 05:17 PM
Games like today our aggressive approach hurts us. That starter was on, so we should have taken a lot of pitches and worked counts and gotten his pitch count up early. Give us another inning or 2 vs that pen and we win easily

That and not kick the ball all over the yard or admire fly balls instead of catching them. Just one of those days...

MarketingBully
05-18-2019, 05:18 PM

Well we are co SEC West champs.

MarketingBully
05-18-2019, 05:19 PM
That and not kick the ball all over the yard or admire fly balls instead of catching them. Just one of those days...

Hatcher should never play another day in right field. He’s a first baseman or DH.

Skydawg1
05-18-2019, 05:20 PM
So when LSU destroys SC on Tuesday we will see just how bad that team was that beat us today. So we play the night game against LSU on Wednesday.You mean that team we beat 24-7 Thursday night? Them sucking is not news. We played like shit today and they played like they had to win. Mangum 1 fer weekend.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-18-2019, 05:28 PM
It's a good thing that winning the SEC west might be even less of a big deal than winning the SEC tourney

ETA: but it does suck not winning something that was there for the taking

TNDawg35
05-18-2019, 05:31 PM
Mangum and Westy gotta get their heads outa their asses and start hitting. We have a deep line up, but when those 2 don’t hit, it makes it harder on everyone. This team feeds off Jake.

MarketingBully
05-18-2019, 05:32 PM
It's a good thing that winning the SEC west might be even less of a big deal than winning the SEC tourney

I just want to win the first two games. After that it’s gravy. We will be in Vandy’s bracket so if we can beat them that would be great. I just want to get out of the double elimination side unscathed. We made the semis in 2013 so that’s where I’d like to get this year as well.

Saltydog
05-18-2019, 05:36 PM
Well, it's been a good season but today is frustrating. This is a good ballclub but there are some obvious weaknesses. Plumlee has been good recently but he's still got an era of almost 4. There is no one remotely close to being a good starter after that whatsoever. The bullpen overall is very average. You're not gonna hit your way out of every bad game and today proves that. First loss of the year to a team that's not in quad I of the RPI (at the time we played them). UGA is now ahead of us in RPI and the SEC standings, SMH. Both of us won't get national seeds. We may be battling UGA in the SECT to get that 3rd SEC bid.

KOdawg1
05-18-2019, 05:38 PM
Westburg needs to get it together, or we need to move him out of the 2 hole. Can't have a headcase batting 2nd

Activated Alpha
05-18-2019, 05:56 PM
Well, it's been a good season but today is frustrating. This is a good ballclub but there are some obvious weaknesses. Plumlee has been good recently but he's still got an era of almost 4. There is no one remotely close to being a good starter after that whatsoever. The bullpen overall is very average. You're not gonna hit your way out of every bad game and today proves that. First loss of the year to a team that's not in quad I of the RPI (at the time we played them). UGA is now ahead of us in RPI and the SEC standings, SMH. Both of us won't get national seeds. We may be battling UGA in the SECT to get that 3rd SEC bid.

I just don't understand how people think how we are still battling for a top national seed. We crushed SC this weekend and almost came back to win when we played like shit today. I mean what else do we have to do in order to get a national seed?

HooverDawg
05-18-2019, 06:00 PM

You?re clueless. We?re 100% a national seed.

Saltydog
05-18-2019, 06:00 PM
I just don't understand how people think how we are still battling for a top national seed. We crushed SC this weekend and almost came back to win when we played like shit today. I mean what else do we have to do in order to get a national seed?

What do we have to do? Finish higher in the league. The SEC, whether it's deserved or not, is not likely to get 4 of the top 8 national seeds. That's what Templeton was alluding too when Jim had him on Thursday night. It's political. UGA finished ahead of us in the standings. UGA has a higher RPI. We finished 4th in the SEC. They finished 2nd. Losing today hurt us badly. We may end up getting one but it's not a given now.

TNDawg35
05-18-2019, 06:01 PM

We have a national seed locked up. We won the series. We will be #4 in the polls after tom. Razorbacks lost their series. We will jump them.

TNDawg35
05-18-2019, 06:03 PM
What do we have to do? Finish higher in the league. The SEC, whether it's deserved or not, is not likely to get 4 of the top 8 national seeds. That's what Templeton was alluding too when Jim had him on Thursday night. It's political. UGA finished ahead of us in the standings. UGA has a higher RPI. We finished 4th in the SEC. They finished 2nd. Losing today hurt us badly. We may end up getting one but it's not a given now.

Not as bad as y’all are making it out to be. Good lord. We won the series. That’s what matters. Whether y’all want to admit it or now, we shared a division title. UGA did not. Seeding for the tourney means jack shit to the committee.

TNDawg35
05-18-2019, 06:03 PM

Delete. Double post...

MarketingBully
05-18-2019, 06:06 PM

We are getting 4 national seeds. UGA has 21 SEC wins and our RPI is 4. How the hell are we not getting 4 national seeds when 10 teams are NCAA tourney teams and four of those teams have 20+ SEC wins. Has there ever been an SEC team that has not been a national seed and won 20+ SEC games? Stop with this SEC is only getting 3 bullshit.

chef dixon
05-18-2019, 06:08 PM
Some of you guys are unbelievable

Quaoarsking
05-18-2019, 06:10 PM
The SEC isn't going to have anyone in the 9-16 range probably, so the Committee shouldn't feel any pressure about having 4 in the top 8.

Tennessee has a losing conference record. LSU has an RPI in the 20s. Texas A&M has a shot with an RPI of 14, but they're it.

Dawgology
05-18-2019, 06:13 PM
We won the series and are West Champs. If y’all don’t like that then you aren’t a state fan. Gtfo.

TNDawg35
05-18-2019, 06:13 PM
The SEC isn't going to have anyone in the 9-16 range probably, so the Committee shouldn't feel any pressure about having 4 in the top 8.

Tennessee has a losing conference record. LSU has an RPI in the 20s. Texas A&M has a shot with an RPI of 14, but they're it.

Vandy, UGA, Ark, and State will be top 8. Texas A&M and LSU(who I don’t agree with, they have some horrible losses in the midweek) will host also. Ole Miss played their way out of hosting and same with Missouri.

TNDawg35
05-18-2019, 06:14 PM
We won the series and are West Champs. If y’all don’t like that then you aren’t a state fan. Gtfo.

The most sane thing someone has said in this thread!! Have some rep!!

chef dixon
05-18-2019, 06:15 PM
We are a national seed lock. Some of you were saying we needed 5 or 6 v UGA/TAMU/OM. Guess what? We got 8 and have only lost 2 games since. Grow some stones.

MetEdDawg
05-18-2019, 06:15 PM

This might be an all time bad take. We swept Georgia, have a Top 5 RPI, and have the best venue in college baseball.

We are getting a national seed

Quaoarsking
05-18-2019, 06:18 PM
Vandy, UGA, Ark, and State will be top 8. Texas A&M and LSU(who I don’t agree with, they have some horrible losses in the midweek) will host also. Ole Miss played their way out of hosting and same with Missouri.

I find it very unlikely that LSU hosts with an RPI of 21. Everyone in the top 20 (other than Auburn and Tennessee) has a better case than them, and I'm suspect the Committee would place Illinois (22 with a solid non-conference resume) ahead on them in the pecking order too.

MarketingBully
05-18-2019, 06:21 PM
This might be an all time bad take

Yeah this goes against all types of logic along with the fact the SEC had 4 last year. You will have 4 from the SEC, 2 from the PAC12, 1 possibly from the Big 12 and ACC. Some of those other teams in other leagues are playing themselves outside of a national seed. If UGA plays themselves back into a National Seed so be it but they aren’t taking our spot. Before our loss today, we had won what 8-9 in a row and since the UGA series we are what 12-2? We are literally one of the hottest teams in the league right now.

MarketingBully
05-18-2019, 06:24 PM
Yeah this goes against all types of logic along with the fact the SEC had 4 last year. You will have 4 from the SEC, 2 from the PAC12, 1 possibly from the Big 12 and ACC. Some of those other teams in other leagues are playing themselves outside of a national seed. If UGA plays themselves back into a National Seed so be it but they aren’t taking our spot. Before our loss today, we had won what 8-9 in a row and since the UGA series we are what 12-2? We are literally one of the hottest teams in the league right now.

Oops I was off 1. We are 13-2. Yeah, we have a national seed locked up.

TNDawg35
05-18-2019, 06:40 PM
I find it very unlikely that LSU hosts with an RPI of 21. Everyone in the top 20 (other than Auburn and Tennessee) has a better case than them, and I'm suspect the Committee would place Illinois (22 with a solid non-conference resume) ahead on them in the pecking order too.

Believe me, I agree whole heartedly. However, I know how the committee loves them some LSU. I will not be surprised one bit of they host.

MarketingBully
05-18-2019, 06:41 PM
Believe me, I agree whole heartedly. However, I know how the committee loves them some LSU. I will not be surprised one bit of they host.

I’d love to even the series with them Wednesday night. Small against that heavy lefty lineup is going to be awesome.

TNDawg35
05-18-2019, 06:43 PM
I’d love to even the series with them Wednesday night. Small against that heavy lefty lineup is going to be awesome.

Yep. But it’s something about those jackasses when the get to Hoover. They are just a totally diff team all around. I honestly don’t care how we do in the tourney. I just want to be healthy and get a good draw for the regionals and supers.

Todd4State
05-18-2019, 07:00 PM
A lot of nervousness over some BS that LT- who looks down on MSU- said. We should be and will be a National Seed.

MarketingBully
05-18-2019, 07:06 PM
A lot of nervousness over some BS that LT- who looks down on MSU- said. We should be and will be a National Seed.

LT has no idea what he’s talking about. We had 4 national seeds last year and those 4 weren’t nearly as dominant as the ones this year are. Think about it. The top 4 teams in the league have a combined 84-36 SEC record. Has any season had 4 teams as good as the ones this year? I think not.

Todd4State
05-18-2019, 07:12 PM
LT has no idea what he’s talking about. We had 4 national seeds last year and those 4 weren’t nearly as dominant as the ones this year are. Think about it. The top 4 teams in the league have a combined 84-36 SEC record. Has any season had 4 teams as good as the ones this year? I think not.

You're right and to add the SEC had had four national seeds two out of the last three years.

MarketingBully
05-18-2019, 07:17 PM
You're right and to add the SEC had had four national seeds two out of the last three years.

And I just saw that Lemonis just had the best season ever for a first year head coach in the SEC. No first year coach has ever won 20 or more SEC games. He has to be a lock for SEC Coach of the Year imo.

Todd4State
05-18-2019, 07:58 PM
And I just saw that Lemonis just had the best season ever for a first year head coach in the SEC. No first year coach has ever won 20 or more SEC games. He has to be a lock for SEC Coach of the Year imo.

He gets my vote for sure. Yes, we returned a lot but it's not like he inherited the college baseball version of the Dream Team. He had to find a third starter, the bullpen has been inconsistent at times, he re-worked the infield, and we have improved defensively this year.

Todd4State
05-18-2019, 07:59 PM

He gets my vote for sure. Yes, we returned a lot but it's not like he inherited the college baseball version of the Dream Team. He had to find a third starter, the bullpen has been inconsistent at times, he re-worked the infield, and we have improved defensively this year.

MetEdDawg
05-18-2019, 08:05 PM
I think the reason it may be different is because of the Georgia Tech factor. 5 national seeds in the heart of SEC territory if you include them in this discussion. 2 national seeds within an hour of each other if both UGA AND Georgia Tech get that.

The politics of that seems like something the NCAA committee might take a look at.

Todd4State
05-18-2019, 08:18 PM
I think the reason it may be different is because of the Georgia Tech factor. 5 national seeds in the heart of SEC territory if you include them in this discussion. 2 national seeds within an hour of each other if both UGA AND Georgia Tech get that.

The politics of that seems like something the NCAA committee might take a look at.

And if so they'll screw over Georgia- not MSU. Or Georgia Tech could get screwed too.

HoopsDawg
05-18-2019, 08:23 PM

20 SEC wins equals national seed.

MetEdDawg
05-18-2019, 08:26 PM
And if so they'll screw over Georgia- not MSU. Or Georgia Tech could get screwed too.

Yeah I think either way we aren't the team that gets screwed over. Both UGA and Georgia Tech probably deserve to host.

But for regional interest purposes I think they try and spread the love. I could see one of them being the last national seed and the other being the #9 and them being matched up with each other.

Only 1 Big 12 national seed representative. UCLA and Louisville for sure. Should make it very interesting how they decide to do it.

Todd4State
05-18-2019, 08:55 PM
Yeah I think either way we aren't the team that gets screwed over. Both UGA and Georgia Tech probably deserve to host.

But for regional interest purposes I think they try and spread the love. I could see one of them being the last national seed and the other being the #9 and them being matched up with each other.

Only 1 Big 12 national seed representative. UCLA and Louisville for sure. Should make it very interesting how they decide to do it.

I guess the question is going to be is Oklahoma State "west enough" for them? I think the most likely team to get hosed honestly would be Arkansas. Georgia Tech has a RPI of 10. There really isn't another "west" team besides UCLA that has a National Seed caliber resume'.

To me- the right thing to do is

National Seeds:

Vanderbilt
UCLA
Georgia
Mississippi State
East Carolina
Arkansas
Louisville
Oklahoma State

If they do that it gets the big four power conferences representation, rewards the SEC, and gets a mid major a National Seed and spreads the National Seeds throughout the US.

MetEdDawg
05-18-2019, 09:10 PM
I guess the question is going to be is Oklahoma State "west enough" for them? I think the most likely team to get hosed honestly would be Arkansas. Georgia Tech has a RPI of 10. There really isn't another "west" team besides UCLA that has a National Seed caliber resume'.

National Seeds:

Vanderbilt
UCLA
Georgia
Mississippi State
East Carolina
Arkansas
Louisville
Oklahoma State

If they do that it gets the big four power conferences representation, rewards the SEC, and gets a mid major a National Seed and spreads the National Seeds throughout the US.

I think winner of Big 12 (assuming it's OK State or Texas Tech) gets a national seed. And I like your list. To me that's what it should be.

HooverDawg
05-18-2019, 10:42 PM

National Seeds:

Vanderbilt
UCLA
Georgia
Mississippi State
East Carolina
Arkansas
Louisville
Oklahoma State

Texas Tech will get a national seed before Oklahoma State.

Quaoarsking
05-18-2019, 11:05 PM

Rather than going with what things "seem" like, you should provide some concrete examples of this happening in the last decade rather than idly speculating on how the world might be out to get us.

MarketingBully
05-18-2019, 11:24 PM
I think we have found a good 4th starter in Brandon Smith. He throws strikes and is a good opener and can go further if need be. We should go: Small Wed, Ginn Thurs, Plumlee Saturday, and Smith Sunday with Leibelt, Barlow, Gordon, Self, Egan, and White to close. That’s what four solid starters and six solid bullpen guys? I didn’t even name James there which if we could get him going that would be awesome. We have a very solid pitching staff to go along with a very solid lineup. I could see us winning 4 games in 5 days and I could see us win 5 straight to get to the CWS at Dudy Noble Field. Remember, we have won 13 of our last 15. That’s probably one of the best streaks next to Vandy and they were in the easy East. So we played like crap in one game of our last 15 where the pitching and hitting weren’t there. I think that’s more an anomaly then who we are. I’m interested to see how we play in Hoover as that park plays similar to Ameritrade. Overall, all of our goals are right in front of us. We did enough to get a National Seed and that’s what we should have been shooting for anyway. I’m good with 45-11 and 20-10. Our resume has National Seed all over it.

MetEdDawg
05-19-2019, 12:45 AM
Rather than going with what things "seem" like, you should provide some concrete examples of this happening in the last decade rather than idly speculating on how the world might be out to get us.

You didn't read very well. Where in anything did I say they would be out to get us? I specifically mentioned Georgia and Georgia Tech. Had zero to do with us.

Quaoarsking
05-19-2019, 08:42 AM
You didn't read very well. Where in anything did I say they would be out to get us? I specifically mentioned Georgia and Georgia Tech. Had zero to do with us.

"Us" meaning the SEC and/or the South

Quaoarsking
05-19-2019, 08:52 AM
For everyone's reference:

2018 - 6 of the top 8, and 13 of the top 16, from the South

2017 - 6 of the top 8, and 13 of the top 16, from the South

2016 - 8 of the top 8, and 16 of the top 16, from the South