PDA

View Full Version : RPI Update

MetEdDawg
05-18-2019, 08:07 AM
Ok so here's where everything stands going into the final game of the regular season for us:

RPI sitting at #3. Gap between us and Vandy is pretty big. Don't think we can catch them unless we run through the tournament and Vandy loses today and in the tournament. Georgia is a decent distance behind us. So I think we finish 3rd

We are tied for 2nd with 22 Q1 wins, only behind Vandy at 24. Southern Miss has had a bad week, losing 2 of 3 to Rice and losing Thursday to UAB. All 3 losses were +100 RPI losses, so they have now dropped out of the Top 50 RPI. They need a win today and a few in the tournament to get back into the Top 50.

Conference wise, I feel pretty comfortable saying us, Vandy, and Arkansas are national seeds. Georgia probably is too. After that, the hosting spots get tight. TAMu probably hosts. LSU is on the fence. Auburn and Missouri will be 2 seeds. Tennessee too. Ole Miss has for sure played their way out of a host and are probably a 2 seed. Lose today and game 1 of the SEC Tournament and they might be a 3. Florida probably hanging on as a 3.

So I think 10 for sure make it. Florida is on the fence. But we should be a Top 4 national seed. I'll be interested to see if one or both of TAMU and LSU get a host. TAMU is more deserving but LSU always gets the be wnfot of the doubt

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Wait a minute, does that mean Southern is likely to miss the tournament? I don't keep up with them but keep seeing them in the projections so assumed they'd make it

Saltydog
05-18-2019, 10:36 AM
He said it was going to be extremely difficult for the SEC to get 4 national seeds. Basically said it was political and I think we all know that anyway. If that's the case, UGA won't be a national seed. Plus, Ga Tech is vying for a national seed as well. I don't think both get it. It has been speculated that GA tech may get it as the 8 seed and be matched up with UGA as a no. 9 seed.

HooverDawg
05-18-2019, 10:59 AM
He said it was going to be extremely difficult for the SEC to get 4 national seeds. Basically said it was political and I think we all know that anyway. If that's the case, UGA won't be a national seed. Plus, Ga Tech is vying for a national seed as well. I don't think both get it. It has been speculated that GA tech may get it as the 8 seed and be matched up with UGA as a no. 9 seed.

Templeton isn?t on the committee

CadaverDawg
05-18-2019, 11:18 AM
Wait a minute, does that mean Southern is likely to miss the tournament? I don't keep up with them but keep seeing them in the projections so assumed they'd make it

At this point they probably have to win the CUSA Tourney to get in

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-18-2019, 11:40 AM

Good to hear

MetEdDawg
05-18-2019, 11:48 AM

This was my concern as well. I think us, Vandy, and Arkansas are the clear national seeds. Add UCLA, East Carolina and that makes 5. From there Georgia, Georgia Tech, Louisville, and Oklahoma State have the best chances.

If it is political they will go Ga Tech, Louisville, and Oklahoma State. Considering OK St has the #3 SOS and RPI #10, that wouldn't be a terrible thing, especially if they win the Big 12

Todd4State
05-18-2019, 12:30 PM

Yep. USM has work to do. Right now I think they're in the last four in but they need to win today and they need to make a run in the tournament to be safe.

Todd4State
05-18-2019, 12:32 PM

The SEC getting three National Seeds wouldn't shock me. I believe Georgia Tech won the season series over Georgia as well so they could easily justify it.

Todd4State
05-18-2019, 12:34 PM
Ok so here's where everything stands going into the final game of the regular season for us:

RPI sitting at #3. Gap between us and Vandy is pretty big. Don't think we can catch them unless we run through the tournament and Vandy loses today and in the tournament. Georgia is a decent distance behind us. So I think we finish 3rd

We are tied for 2nd with 22 Q1 wins, only behind Vandy at 24. Southern Miss has had a bad week, losing 2 of 3 to Rice and losing Thursday to UAB. All 3 losses were +100 RPI losses, so they have now dropped out of the Top 50 RPI. They need a win today and a few in the tournament to get back into the Top 50.

Conference wise, I feel pretty comfortable saying us, Vandy, and Arkansas are national seeds. Georgia probably is too. After that, the hosting spots get tight. TAMu probably hosts. LSU is on the fence. Auburn and Missouri will be 2 seeds. Tennessee too. Ole Miss has for sure played their way out of a host and are probably a 2 seed. Lose today and game 1 of the SEC Tournament and they might be a 3. Florida probably hanging on as a 3.

So I think 10 for sure make it. Florida is on the fence. But we should be a Top 4 national seed. I'll be interested to see if one or both of TAMU and LSU get a host. TAMU is more deserving but LSU always gets the be wnfot of the doubt

I think both A&M and LSU host. LSU is ahead of them in the SEC standings.

HooverDawg
05-18-2019, 12:56 PM
This was my concern as well. I think us, Vandy, and Arkansas are the clear national seeds. Add UCLA, East Carolina and that makes 5. From there Georgia, Georgia Tech, Louisville, and Oklahoma State have the best chances.

If it is political they will go Ga Tech, Louisville, and Oklahoma State. Considering OK St has the #3 SOS and RPI #10, that wouldn't be a terrible thing, especially if they win the Big 12

Texas Tech is ahead of Oklahoma State in the pecking order, and they swept Oklahoma State. Texas Tech is likely battling Stanford and ECU for the last national seed. UCLA, Vandy, Ark, us, and Louisville are locks. Georgia and Georgia Tech likely both get one as well. That leaves Tech, Stanford, and ECU battling for the last spot.

MarketingBully
05-18-2019, 04:16 PM
We will get 4 national seeds. Four teams have 20+ SEC wins. No way in hell they would leave anyone out with those resumes.