PDA

View Full Version : If you want to see Stevens pass, watch his HS videos and read Franklin's words...

Coach007
05-17-2019, 01:57 PM
Franklin:

"Right now, Tommy's got a really good feel for finding open receivers and throwing for a high percentage ... "

His 247 Scout:

Very good athlete who can run the zone read and make a lot of things happen with his feet. Shows the ability to throw on the move and also has good touch on his deep ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ09LGvmFkA

thf24
05-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that McSorley and Stevens were very similarly rated as recruits, and that McSorley wasn't (and still isn't) considered an incredible passing talent either. This offense doesn't have to have a prolific passer to click, just a guy who can make the reads and find and hit open receivers on time. If most of what we're hearing about Stevens is accurate, he fits that bill.

Coach007
05-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that McSorley and Stevens were very similarly rated as recruits, and that McSorley wasn't (and still isn't) considered an incredible passing talent either. This offense doesn't have to have a prolific passer to click, just a guy who can make the reads and find and hit open receivers on time. If most of what we're hearing about Stevens is accurate, he fits that bill.

And I think that is the only thing that separates Stevens from KT... I 100% feel KT will be the man next year and play 2 years as starter

MetEdDawg
05-17-2019, 02:41 PM
If this were Mullen year 10 KT would be gone. I think the fact this is anew offense, new staff, and that KT might be struggling and that we need someone to bridge that gap of knowing the offense, this could work out well.

It's not necessarily a knock on KT for him not to be the guy. This offense keys and reads things differently than Mullen. Get him another year to learn and have him ready to go in 2020

tireddawg
05-17-2019, 04:15 PM
Hard for me to see Key sticking around.

fishwater99
05-17-2019, 04:39 PM
Hard for me to see Key sticking around.

He gone..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-17-2019, 04:59 PM
Don't you remember? Throwing in high school is no indicator of how one can pass (according to some on here)

Coach007
05-17-2019, 05:07 PM
No... hes not

Rick Danko
05-17-2019, 05:08 PM

But what is the receivers aren?t ever open****

Walkerhill
05-17-2019, 08:15 PM
And I think that is the only thing that separates Stevens from KT... I 100% feel KT will be the man next year and play 2 years as starter

Totally. Decision making and accuracy are the only things. I mean, maybe footwork and mechanics also. But after that, no separation between them.

People on this board amaze me. Bitch bitch bitch if the offense does not click but then bitch bitch bitch if we bring in competition for a 46% completion percentage And a mediocre spring.

If he earns PT, Key will get it. His track record right this minute is a sub-50% passing as a starter against a bad OM offense is 2017, a Peter Sirmon defense, and Stephen F Austin.

The idea he deserves something now without competition or he is a sure fire starter down the road, etc. are a disservice to him and the team.

I do think Key can evolve to a starter and like many others I like him and am rooting for him but he is not there now or close.

Jarius
05-18-2019, 02:39 AM
No... hes not

He won't end his career here. He will either transfer this summer when Stevens beats him out or next spring when the freshman Joe just signed beats him out. He is not what Joe is looking for in this offense.

Tbonewannabe
05-18-2019, 08:49 AM
He won't end his career here. He will either transfer this summer when Stevens beats him out or next spring when the freshman Joe just signed beats him out. He is not what Joe is looking for in this offense.

If he doesn't think he can beat out Mayden or Schrader then he needs to go ahead and transfer. Right now, if he understands the system and works on his completion percentage then he should start as a redshirt junior.

Jarius
05-18-2019, 08:52 AM
If he doesn't think he can beat out Mayden or Schrader then he needs to go ahead and transfer. Right now, if he understands the system and works on his completion percentage then he should start as a redshirt junior.

From his twitter reaction yesterday, it will probably be sooner than later. He was liking tweets from Kobe Jones and Willie Gay when they were passive aggressively tweeting about Moorhead not being loyal to his players.

Dawgology
05-18-2019, 10:04 AM
From his twitter reaction yesterday, it will probably be sooner than later. He was liking tweets from Kobe Jones and Willie Gay when they were passive aggressively tweeting about Moorhead not being loyal to his players.

He says he have to change as a team mentally to take that next step. Loyalty is important but do you sacrifice the entire team and it?s potential for the season or do you find the best athletes that give you the best chance at success. Do we want an SEC championship or 7-9 win seasons?

Coach007
05-18-2019, 11:40 AM

I have not seen any tweets from him yesterday. He retweeted 3 things...

- I'm so excited
- I'm straight
- We ain't taking no shorts unless we going on vacation

None of those can be taken as anything to do with staying.

On the 16th.. he retweeted:

- NFL Throw back
- Heisman year (from Peters) that also included a video titled "You get better or you get worse"
- KT tweeted Congrats Big Dawg
- Retweeted "What's understood Doesn't have to be explained"
- Retweeted something on Lebron
- Retweeted Steak-n-Shake
- Retweeted KAWK 100

I have seen nothing from KT on twitter. And I joined Twitter because of your post that he was just to see.

He retweeted Moorhead

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6c1adiXkAAjhoM.jpg

So I go to Kobe.... nothing.

I go to Gay's... The only thing on his is:

- It's a dirty world we live in. Some people took it that he was referring to the situation, but he never stated it was..

KT never retweeted that... KT did not like it.

SO I don't see that anywhere

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-18-2019, 11:52 AM
Thank you coach, it's amazing how some people come on here and outright make up lies. I seriously don't get it...

Jarius
05-18-2019, 11:59 AM
I have not seen any tweets from him yesterday. He retweeted 3 things...

- I'm so excited
- I'm straight
- We ain't taking no shorts unless we going on vacation

None of those can be taken as anything to do with staying.

On the 16th.. he retweeted:

- NFL Throw back
- Heisman year (from Peters) that also included a video titled "You get better or you get worse"
- KT tweeted Congrats Big Dawg
- Retweeted "What's understood Doesn't have to be explained"
- Retweeted something on Lebron
- Retweeted Steak-n-Shake
- Retweeted KAWK 100

I have seen nothing from KT on twitter. And I joined Twitter because of your post that he was just to see.

He retweeted Moorhead

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6c1adiXkAAjhoM.jpg

So I go to Kobe.... nothing.

I go to Gay's... The only thing on his is:

- It's a dirty world we live in. Some people took it that he was referring to the situation, but he never stated it was..

KT never retweeted that... KT did not like it.

SO I don't see that anywhere

KT did like that tweet from Willie Gay and the one from Kobe Jones. You should go look again. There is no doubt it was about Stevens because Willie was liking the replies to his tweet taking about Moorhead not having loyalty to his players.

Coach007
05-18-2019, 12:00 PM
Thank you coach, it's amazing how some people come on here and outright make up lies. I seriously don't get it...

I assume they all could have removed it after they were "HUMAN" with initial reactions??

Coach007
05-18-2019, 12:00 PM
KT did like that tweet and the one from Kobe Jones. You should go look again.

Why don't you just link to it.

Jarius
05-18-2019, 12:01 PM

I didn’t make up lies. It’s not my fault that guy is too stupid to operate twitter.

Jarius
05-18-2019, 12:04 PM
https://twitter.com/Thompson_Kt5

That’s his twitter profile. Go look at his likes. They are all on there. Not hard.

Jarius
05-18-2019, 12:07 PM
I assume they all could have removed it after they were "HUMAN" with initial reactions??

They did not remove it. You just do not know what you are talking about.

Coach007
05-18-2019, 12:20 PM
They did not remove it. You just do not know what you are talking about.

It's not hard to link to what you are referring to either. Again. I saw one tweet from Gay and placed it here and nothing about it mentions Moorhead, Stevens, KT, Jones..... Not a thing. Now here are some recent ones for you:

Kyle lombardo
‏ @Sxchamps
16h16 hours ago
Replying to @WillieGayJr

Doesn’t matter who comes in. @Thompson_Kt5 is a beast and is going to compete. Never get complacent, as soon as you do, that’s when you slip up! #LetsGo #DawgPound #HailState #WorkoutInSilence #LetThePadsTalk
0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

He liked that. Does that tweet sound like somebody leaving and mad... or somebody ready to compete?

He also liked:

Damian Williams
‏ @DamianDevon
14h14 hours ago

@Thompson_Kt5 keep grinding young king they can’t deny you!!!

Does that sound like he's gone?

He more recently:

��
‏ @Nick_Gotti0
12h12 hours ago

�� Retweeted Kylin Hill

Our year ����

�� added,
Kylin Hill
Verified account @H_Kylin
��I’m in my bag ‼️ .. this gone be a scary season for any team not Mississippi State
0 replies 2 retweets 71 likes

Hmm.. I'm reading in between the lines!!!! He's gone! WTH???

BuckyIsAB****
05-18-2019, 12:24 PM

I think he is here for this season and is gone. I love KT he has done a lot for us but I just dont think its a good fit

Jarius
05-18-2019, 12:34 PM
It's not hard to link to what you are referring to either. Again. I saw one tweet from Gay and placed it here and nothing about it mentions Moorhead, Stevens, KT, Jones..... Not a thing. Now here are some recent ones for you:

He liked that. Does that tweet sound like somebody leaving and mad... or somebody ready to compete?

He also liked:

Does that sound like he's gone?

He more recently:

Hmm.. I'm reading in between the lines!!!! He's gone! WTH???

He is not happy that they brought Stevems in. Are you going to admit that he liked the tweets I said he did or keep on saying shit to make people think I’m a liar because you do not know how to operate twitter? I am sure he is going to compete. I have no doubt about that. After he competes and does not win the job he will transfer.

Jarius
05-18-2019, 12:36 PM
I think he is here for this season and is gone. I love KT he has done a lot for us but I just dont think its a good fit

You may be right, but I expect him to leave earlier to get his redshirt year out of the way now and play next year (unless he can graduate early and not have to sit out next year). I wish him nothing but the best.

Coach007
05-18-2019, 01:19 PM
He is not happy that they brought Stevems in. Are you going to admit that he liked the tweets I said he did or keep on saying shit to make people think I’m a liar because you do not know how to operate twitter? I am sure he is going to compete. I have no doubt about that. After he competes and does not win the job he will transfer.

No no. I actually post Gay's tweet. I proved that KT did not retweet it. I proved it stated NOTHING about Stevens nor Moorhead.. NOR TRANSFERRING.

I followed that up with things he liked which are directly talking about what the transfer and that he is going to compete.

You made it appear that from ALL OF THE tweeting and retweeting KT was doing that it appears he's gone.

He liked a tweet from Gay that stated NOTHING about Moorhead nor Stevens. Everything else indicates the exact opposite of what you made it out to be. He's here to compete.

Jarius
05-18-2019, 01:33 PM
No no. I actually post Gay's tweet. I proved that KT did not retweet it. I proved it stated NOTHING about Stevens nor Moorhead.. NOR TRANSFERRING.

I followed that up with things he liked which are directly talking about what the transfer and that he is going to compete.

You made it appear that from ALL OF THE tweeting and retweeting KT was doing that it appears he's gone.

He liked a tweet from Gay that stated NOTHING about Moorhead nor Stevens. Everything else indicates the exact opposite of what you made it out to be. He's here to compete.

I did not say he retweeted anything. I said he liked passive aggressive tweets towards Moorhead bringing in someone at his position. Why are you just making shit up? Gay was liking every reply to his tweet that was bashing Moorhead’s decision to bring in Tommy Stevens. That is exactly what it was about. If you cannot figure that out it is your problem. Just admit that you are wrong. Good lord. No one thinks he is not going to compete. That does not mean he is just going to sit on the bench after he competes and loses.

Coach007
05-18-2019, 02:27 PM
I did not say he retweeted anything. I said he liked passive aggressive tweets towards Moorhead bringing in someone at his position. Why are you just making shit up? Gay was liking every reply to his tweet that was bashing Moorhead?s decision to bring in tommy Stevems. That is exactly what it was about. Just admit that you are wrong. Good lord.

Again.. I posted Gay's tweet. Therefore I never denied his tweet. I pointed to the other likes of KT's that are newer.

I never called you a liar.... I simply posted what I saw and then asked you to link it. You didn't. So I posted more. You still didn't link to what you were talking about. You got defensive on it. There was no need for that.

I'm simply telling you that saying "based on the likes and retweets .. he's gone" is way over the top considering nothing in what you have cleared up is remotely indicating it.

Jarius
05-18-2019, 02:48 PM
For the third time, I did not say “based on the likes and retweets”. I have never said anything about retweets. You did. He liked a tweet that was clearly about Joe Moorhead bringing in a quarterback. His friend and teammate that made the tweet liked a bunch of negative responses towards Tommy stevens directly after that tweet. If you can’t figure it out I can’t help You. Based on him not liking the fact that Joe is bringing in a quarterback, he won’t be here when he loses the qb competition.