PDA

View Full Version : What does Stevens have to do to win over the locker room?

Jack Lambert
05-17-2019, 01:09 PM
This is my only fear about the transfer.

KOdawg1
05-17-2019, 01:10 PM
Win games.

mstatefan91
05-17-2019, 01:12 PM
Players love a winner. Go win and don't complain.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-17-2019, 01:14 PM
The locker room wants him to hurry up and get here.

Lord McBuckethead
05-17-2019, 01:17 PM
It is literally no different than a new freshman coming in. The only issue is all the stories about how he did things at Penn State, which I am sure the players haven't heard any of those stories over the past year.

starkvegasdawg
05-17-2019, 01:23 PM
Hit a wide open receiver and not hang them out to dry to a crossing safety.

mcain31
05-17-2019, 01:23 PM
It is literally no different than a new freshman coming in. The only issue is all the stories about how he did things at Penn State, which I am sure the players haven't heard any of those stories over the past year.

I read that Stevens wasn't given a fairshot to compete since he was recovering from surgery. As I understand it, he was promised the job, but Franklin to have an open QB competition while Stevens was still recovering

State82
05-17-2019, 01:35 PM
Walk in, buckle down, keep your mouth shut and work longer and harder than anyone else. He will earn their respect with that approach. Just like most avenues in life.

Coach007
05-17-2019, 01:39 PM
This is my only fear about the transfer.

Work his ass off. Come in and be a motivator.

WinningIsRelentless
05-17-2019, 01:40 PM
Show up first leave last and leave it all on the conditioning court. Then in the fall refuse a red jersey and go play like its a game.

Johnson85
05-17-2019, 01:40 PM
I read that Stevens wasn't given a fairshot to compete since he was recovering from surgery. As I understand it, he was promised the job, but Franklin to have an open QB competition while Stevens was still recovering

I don't think that's exactly right. I think Stevens' family felt like they mishandled his injury to begin with and that after he played through injury and delayed surgery for the benefit of the team, it was salt in the wound that his injury put him behind in the QB competition. If he had gotten injured in December and then missed the spring, I'm not sure he would have felt compelled b/c of the qb competition. That's all reading between the lines in public stuff, so not any inside info or anything; just my impression the best I can tell.

msstate7
05-17-2019, 01:41 PM
Show the team he can run the offense, period

Coach007
05-17-2019, 01:45 PM
I don't think that's exactly right. I think Stevens' family felt like they mishandled his injury to begin with and that after he played through injury and delayed surgery for the benefit of the team, it was salt in the wound that his injury put him behind in the QB competition. If he had gotten injured in December and then missed the spring, I'm not sure he would have felt compelled b/c of the qb competition. That's all reading between the lines in public stuff, so not any inside info or anything; just my impression the best I can tell.

That is 100% accurate

bulldawg28
05-17-2019, 01:57 PM
Is he 100% healthy?

StarkVegasSteve
05-17-2019, 02:01 PM
Just Win Baby

mstatefan91
05-17-2019, 02:07 PM
Appears one player is popping off on twitter. I know they are just kids, but man, I had more wits about me at that age.. I'm sure it will blow over.

DancingRabbit
05-17-2019, 02:11 PM
Based on what you read from fans, teammates and coaches - just needs to be himself.

Joe seems to do a good job managing the locker room. I don't think it's an issue.

msstate7
05-17-2019, 02:13 PM
Appears one player is popping off on twitter. I know they are just kids, but man, I had more wits about me at that age.. I'm sure it will blow over.

What's he saying?

mstatefan91
05-17-2019, 02:17 PM
What's he saying?
Basically that it's a dirty world with no loyalty, and then he liked a tweet responding to him saying something along the lines of "no loyalty to our own players.. had to go get a guy from the team he left.."

This is from a defensive player.. pretty weird.

msstate7
05-17-2019, 02:22 PM
Basically that it's a dirty world with no loyalty, and then he liked a tweet responding to him saying something along the lines of "no loyalty to our own players.. had to go get a guy from the team he left.."

This is from a defensive player.. pretty weird.

Hate this. Moorhead's "loyalty" should be to the team, not individual players.

Dawgtini
05-17-2019, 02:42 PM

:confused::rolleyes:

Jarius
05-17-2019, 02:45 PM

There are about 10 players on twitter that are excited that he is coming compared to 1 guy making a smartass comment.

Roy Munson
05-17-2019, 02:47 PM
So who is it?

Irondawg
05-17-2019, 02:56 PM
heard a few times that KT is well liked so I'm sure there are guys that feel really bad for him. Once they hit the field if Stevens is really better then all the players will acknowledge it. Going to be an interesting camp.

Jarius
05-17-2019, 02:56 PM
So who is it?

Willie Gay.

Kylin Hill is ecstatic about this. That should tell you what our offense thinks about KT.

mstatefan91
05-17-2019, 03:04 PM
Willie Gay.

Kylin Hill is ecstatic about this. That should tell you what our offense thinks about KT.

Willie, Kobe Jones.. That's as far as I cared to look. KT also liked Willi's tweet but hasn't said anything about it himself on twitter

Kylin, Erroll and a few others seem really excited about it.

TrapGame
05-17-2019, 03:12 PM
I hope Joe tells Tommy to prepare for an August in Mississippi. It ain't gonna be like a camp in Happy Valley.

mstatefan91
05-17-2019, 03:13 PM
I hope Joe tells Tommy to prepare for an August in Mississippi. It ain't gonna be like a camp in Happy Valley.
He will get a good taste of it this summer. They don't get to just stay in that refrigerated weight room.

Quaoarsking
05-17-2019, 05:22 PM
Why do so many people assume that our players are emotionally incapable of handling the fact that one of their friends might not get to play as much? It must have happened a lot to all of them over the years.

They can still like KT and be friends with him while also liking to win and put the team in the best situation to do that.

RougeDawg
05-17-2019, 06:10 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha. Listen to the players who are excited. KT ain?t starting. Book that one. Let?s see if he plays at all. Can?t say anymore. Been trying to tell this for almost a month but people don?t want to believe that which they do not want to believe. Why is this so hard?

HoopsDawg
05-17-2019, 06:22 PM
Ball. Just work hard. Be a leader by example. And just ball.

msudawg1200
05-17-2019, 07:25 PM

Moorhead?s job is to win. If it takes a transfer QB, so be it.

msstate7
05-17-2019, 07:26 PM
Moorhead?s job is to win. If it takes a transfer QB, so be it.

So we agree, good deal

msudawg1200
05-17-2019, 08:06 PM
So we agree, good deal

Exactly

Liverpooldawg
05-17-2019, 08:08 PM
If he is better than what we have it will be very easy. If he isn't it won't matter. No need to worry about this.

deadheaddawg
05-18-2019, 01:09 AM

Moorheads only loyalty is to the win - loss column.

HaggardDawg
05-18-2019, 12:44 PM
If in fact Willie and Kobe are tweeting that crap, it's a total bitch move. If I were Moorhead, I'd have my strength staff show extra attention this summer to any social media whore (and there are others) who is even remotely critical of our staff publicly.

deadheaddawg
05-18-2019, 01:14 PM
I looked at both Kobe and Willie's tweets. I don't see anything that is negative.

Can someone actually post these supposedly negative tweets they made/liked?

Coach007
05-18-2019, 01:27 PM
I looked at both Kobe and Willie's tweets. I don't see anything that is negative.

Can someone actually post these supposedly negative tweets they made/liked?

SAVA6E
‏ @WillieGayJr
May 17

This a dirty world we live in����*♂️‼️

That's it. That's all the drama

deadheaddawg
05-18-2019, 01:47 PM
So where does it say he means it's about the KT issue?

Jarius
05-18-2019, 01:57 PM
So where does it say he means it's about the KT issue?

It happened directly after stevens announced and he liked every single negative Tommy Stevens reply to his tweet that people gave under his comment. That is a pretty good indicator.

Coach007
05-18-2019, 02:43 PM
It happened directly after stevens announced and he liked every single negative Tommy Stevens reply to his tweet that people gave under his comment. That is a pretty good indicator.

Every single? That's my issue. You are portraying that to mean there are many many negative comments when the OVERWHELMINGLY portion of replies (also liked by players) are "it's the name of the game" "can't compete, then go home" etc

https://twitter.com/WillieGayJr/status/1129412515459403777

Under that lone tweet that is stirring people to claim KT is done.... is 1 ONE comment in agreement.... 1

Replying to @WillieGayJr

You are so right 6. There is no loyalty anywhere anymore.

That's it... That's all.

The rest of the comments are as I described and it seems to be 12 of them.

Like this:

If you can?t handle competition then go home
9:35 AM - 17 May 2019

BTW.. Enroll liked that response.

I'm just saying... you seem to on here making a bigger deal out of it than KT or anybody else

Jarius
05-18-2019, 02:52 PM
https://twitter.com/mrjaycameron/status/1129421780974747648?s=21

Yea he liked this comment. He seems to be loving the move! YOU. ARE. WRONG.

Coach007
05-18-2019, 03:11 PM
https://twitter.com/mrjaycameron/status/1129421780974747648?s=21

Yea he liked this comment. He seems to be loving the move! YOU. ARE. WRONG.

That is NOT KT LIKING IT!

And you are PORTRAYING it that way. KT like one tweet that anybody has seen across 2 threads you have posted in. That ONE tweet was retweeted by Jones. KT did not retweet it. Yes he like the tweet.

BUT that's it

J. Cameron
‏ @MrJayCameron

J. Cameron Retweeted SAVA6E

Yes indeed.... No loyalty to your own players.. He had to go get a guy from the team he left.. SMH

J. Cameron added,
SAVA6E
@WillieGayJr
This a dirty world we live in����*♂️‼️
9:21 AM - 17 May 2019

1 Like
SAVA6E

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

Now if you are saying that Willie Gay has an issue with it, fine. But Gay is not Thompson.

Jarius
05-18-2019, 03:20 PM
I’m saying that Gay obviously had an issue with it which is the reason that he tweeted it in the first place and his buddies on the team that liked his tweet knew exactly what Gay was referencing.If you think kT did not know what Gay was tweeting about when he liked Gay’s tweet, I don’t know what to tell you. I’m not making a big deal out of it because I am mad at anyone. I’m simply telling you it is quite obvious that the people liking Gay’s tweet know exactly what Gay is referencing, which in turn means they have a problem with it too or they would not be liking his post about loyalty.
KT also liked Kobe Jones tweet who was subtweeting Gay. All of this was directly after a stevens committed to us. It does not mean our team is going to fall apart. It means a couple of people on the team are butthurt about it and it is the ones liking these posts and that includes KT.

deadheaddawg
05-18-2019, 03:30 PM
Well it sounds like it's more about Willie gay being a locker room cancer than Stevens winning the locker room.

Gay needs to do some growing up if his future plans involve football. He's doesn't appear to be emotionally ready to put winning first.

BrunswickDawg
05-18-2019, 04:59 PM
Well it sounds like it's more about Willie gay being a locker room cancer than Stevens winning the locker room.

Gay needs to do some growing up if his future plans involve football. He's doesn't appear to be emotionally ready to put winning first.

They will all grow up real quick when camp starts and they get to see in person who is better - and it won't take long to see that either.

Percho
05-18-2019, 07:40 PM
Matt 20:1-16

RougeDawg
05-18-2019, 10:09 PM
They will all grow up real quick when camp starts and they get to see in person who is better - and it won't take long to see that either.

You will not see who is better after camp. Tommy will start. KT will not. It’s not my decision. I’ve been trying to break this easily to everyone for weeks, but it seems we have a lot of completely oblivious fans. There was a reason we went after Kelly Bryant. We weren’t just looking for a backup. We were looking for a guy to play in superdome opening night. How many times or ways can I post this before I straight up tell what is going on?

Get your heads out of your asses and the sand. There was a reason we went after a QB transfer and it had nothing to do with the offense. Book that.

Eta: I’ll post in here when it’s time. Many here have had my DMs on this for at least a month. some since February

BrunswickDawg
05-18-2019, 10:39 PM
You will not see who is better after camp. Tommy will start. KT will not. It’s not my decision. I’ve been trying to break this easily to everyone for weeks, but it seems we have a lot of completely oblivious fans. There was a reason we went after Kelly Bryant. We weren’t just looking for a backup. We were looking for a guy to play in superdome opening night. How many times or ways can I post this before I straight up tell what is going on?

Get your heads out of your asses and the sand. There was a reason we went after a QB transfer and it had nothing to do with the offense. Book that.
Dude, I’m saying that all it will take for any guys feeling KT is getting shafted is a few practices with Stevens to see what the difference is between them and how it impacts the offense. Dan wanted athletes that he would make a QB, Joe wants a QB who is athletic. Fitz didn’t fit Joes Offense, KT doesn’t, and the jury is out on Mayden. So Joe brought in what he wants. It’s a business decision

RougeDawg
05-18-2019, 10:43 PM
Dude, I?m saying that all it will take for any guys feeling KT is getting shafted is a few practices with Stevens to see what the difference is between them and how it impacts the offense. Dan wanted athletes that he would make a QB, Joe wants a QB who is athletic. Fitz didn?t fit Joes Offense, KT doesn?t, and the jury is out on Mayden. So Joe brought in what he wants. It?s a business decision

It?s not a business decision. You aren?t reading or listening to what I?m saying. Or have been saying for weeks.

Here. Let me simplify. Joe wants a QB who can actually step on the field opening day. So I you want me to drop any more hints than the 50 I have the last 2 months?

preachermatt83
05-18-2019, 10:58 PM
I think what RougeDawg is trying to tell you guys is that KT wasn’t going to be our starter this season even if there was no transfer coming in. Correct me if I’m wrong RougeDawg but Not only was he not going to be but the better phrase is he couldn’t be. Not because of Moorhead. Gotta spell it out I guess RougeDawg

BrunswickDawg
05-18-2019, 11:01 PM
It?s not a business decision. You aren?t reading or listening to what I?m saying. Or have been saying for weeks.

Here. Let me simplify. Joe wants a QB who can actually step on the field opening day. So I you want me to drop any more hints than the 50 I have the last 2 months?
Joes business is winning football games. Joes business is finding the best players for his system and using them to win football games. If he feels the player he has isn’t good enough, and he replaces him - it’s a business decision. It’s not personal, it’s what it takes to win. That’s all that matters, and thats why we pay Joe money.

Have I actually disagreed with what you are saying? Or do I need to simplify it for you? It’s been obvious from game 4 last years that our QBs didn’t fit what Joe wants to do - so he has found someone who fits.

KOdawg1
05-18-2019, 11:04 PM
Willie needs to shut up and keep comments like that off Twitter. It's okay to be frustrated that your friend and teammate probably won't be the starting QB, but you have to put the team first, and Coach thinks Tommy gives us the best chance to win, otherwise he wouldn't be bringing him in. Instead of putting out a dividing tweet like that, Willie needs to be a leader.

RiverCityDawg
05-19-2019, 07:32 AM

Get out of here with that "I've been trying to break it to everyone for weeks" stuff. The majority of people here know TS is going to be the starter, so quit acting like you're the only smart person in the room. There's a vocal minority that think KT still has a chance but those people won't listen to reason anyway. You're setting up a straw man to make yourself look smarter and it's not necessary because most of us already agree with your take.

What some people are saying in this thread is that it will be evident when TS is out there as the starter that he SHOULD be the starter because he's better than KT. So any concern about locker room drama will be squashed at that point (if not sooner).

bulldawg28
05-19-2019, 08:31 AM
Willie needs to shut up and keep comments like that off Twitter. It's okay to be frustrated that your friend and teammate probably won't be the starting QB, but you have to put the team first, and Coach thinks Tommy gives us the best chance to win, otherwise he wouldn't be bringing him in. Instead of putting out a dividing tweet like that, Willie needs to be a leader.

That's your opinion. Football is a brotherhood it's not a job for the kids. It's a job for the coaches. Anytime a relationship is developed amongst brothers when they feel one is mistreated they respond. Stephens may very well win the job but he's got to 1st win the brotherhood. Like it or not Willie is a leader on the team and rightfully so. He's waited his time and earned his spot. Football doesn't work well that way. We don't know what Coach Joe told these players. Blowing smoke is a trate from day one he's shown.

Jarius
05-19-2019, 08:39 AM
Waited his time and earned his shot? That's bs. You don't earn anything by just being there. You've got to prove to your coaches you deserve a shot to be a starting qb in the SEC and his coach thinks he has not. Period. Judging by his performance in practice and his game experience so far, the coach is justified. Watch the spring game. He was awful. Every single practice report had Thompson completing 50 % or lower on his passes. He has not earned anything. That's why we brought Stevens in. He didn't do what he should have done to win the job.

bulldawg28
05-19-2019, 08:48 AM
Waited his time and earned his shot? That's bs. You don't earn anything by just being there. You've got to prove to your coaches you deserve a shot to be a starting qb in the SEC and his coach thinks he has not. Period. Judging by his performance in practice and his game experience so far, the coach is justified. Watch the spring game. He was awful. Every single practice report had Thompson completing 50 % or lower on his passes. He has not earned anything. That's why we brought Stevens in. He didn't do what he should have done to win the job.

WTF are you talking about? I'm referring to Willie and he's earned his spot and is a team leader.

Quaoarsking
05-19-2019, 08:58 AM
That's your opinion. Football is a brotherhood it's not a job for the kids. It's a job for the coaches. Anytime a relationship is developed amongst brothers when they feel one is mistreated they respond. Stephens may very well win the job but he's got to 1st win the brotherhood. Like it or not Willie is a leader on the team and rightfully so. He's waited his time and earned his spot. Football doesn't work well that way. We don't know what Coach Joe told these players. Blowing smoke is a trate from day one he's shown.

If Joe doesn't put the QB out there who gives us the best chance of winning games, the whole team is mistreated. I believe our players are mature enough to understand this.

bulldawg28
05-19-2019, 09:03 AM
If Joe doesn't put the QB out there who gives us the best chance of winning games, the whole team is mistreated. I believe our players are mature enough to understand this.

I do not disagree. However, Stephens will have to win the team not just beat KT on the field. Contrary to the verbiage being given it takes more than winning on the field to get guys to buy into you.

Jarius
05-19-2019, 09:36 AM
WTF are you talking about? I'm referring to Willie and he's earned his spot and is a team leader.

I apologize. It seemed like you were saying KT has earned his spot. Obviously Willie is a team leader. That doesn't seem to need to even be mentioned so I wasn't sure how it was relevant.

Ari Gold
05-19-2019, 09:58 AM
it’s not like Tommy is an in coming freshman
His goal is to get here and showcase his talents for a possible NFL career.
Which means he is about to get here and bust his ass for the next 7 months
If some of the guys in the locker room can’t get behind that then it doesn’t matter who the starting QB is
I’m sure CJM and staff have a good handle on the chemistry in the locker room , I’m not to worried about it

It’s no different than what is going on in Oklahoma and Mizzu this year
And LSU and Wash st last year.. those turned out to be pretty good moves for those 2 teams.

deadheaddawg
05-19-2019, 10:12 AM

He's earned his spot? What a load of bullshit

Ari Gold
05-19-2019, 10:36 AM
B

Blowing smoke is a trate from day one he?s shown??? .... What a ridiculous statement
If Willie can?t get on board, and agin we are going by a twitter post which is silly, then that?s fine.
He seemed to be OK when we were pushing for Kelly Bryant, in fact I think Willie was one of the host guys when KB visited.
Some of y?all are making this a much bigger issue than it is.

bulldawg28
05-19-2019, 11:43 AM
B

Blowing smoke is a trate from day one he?s shown??? .... What a ridiculous statement
If Willie can?t get on board, and agin we are going by a twitter post which is silly, then that?s fine.
He seemed to be OK when we were pushing for Kelly Bryant, in fact I think Willie was one of the host guys when KB visited.
Some of y?all are making this a much bigger issue than it is.

Ring sizes, clear your shelf for a Heisman, all smoke speech. I'm behind whomever is out there. I stand by my statement that Stephens has to win the locker room because he will.

bulldawg28
05-19-2019, 11:44 AM
He's earned his spot? What a load of bullshit

Absolutely Willie has earned his spot and is the best LB on the team.

bulldawg28
05-19-2019, 11:45 AM
I apologize. It seemed like you were saying KT has earned his spot. Obviously Willie is a team leader. That doesn't seem to need to even be mentioned so I wasn't sure how it was relevant.

My bad for the lack of clarity. Agreed, KT hasn't earned anything on the field.

Ari Gold
05-19-2019, 12:03 PM
Ring sizes, clear your shelf for a Heisman, all smoke speech. I'm behind whomever is out there. I stand by my statement that Stephens has to win the locker room because he will.

What should he have said? Fitz you aren’t my kind of QB? You aren’t the passing QB I need?
The next coach that gets hired that doesn’t say he will take that school to the next level will be the first.

BrunswickDawg
05-19-2019, 12:03 PM

Errol Thompson is the best LB on the team.

trojandawg
05-19-2019, 12:13 PM
They are both different types of linebackers. Willie has better speed and Enroll is the bruiser.

bulldawg28
05-19-2019, 12:37 PM
What should he have said? Fitz you aren’t my kind of QB? You aren’t the passing QB I need?
The next coach that gets hired that doesn’t say he will take that school to the next level will be the first.

He could have been like most coaches and shot it straight. He had no idea obviously of what he had. I don't blame him per say it's the mistake of a young energetic coach caught up in the moment.

bulldawg28
05-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Errol Thompson is the best LB on the team.

Willie is more versatile imo. Had he not rotated with Leo he'd be all SEC. He was totally dominant every game he's started from Alabama on.

Ari Gold
05-19-2019, 01:04 PM
He could have been like most coaches and shot it straight. He had no idea obviously of what he had. I don't blame him per say it's the mistake of a young energetic coach caught up in the moment.

Running off at the mouth is saying “we will never lose to them again” ...
Saying what CJM said was about his own player is nothing wrong with that.. Coach speak is also saying that Holmes is the best PG in the country per Coach Vic .. when she obviously wasn’t .. nothing wrong with that either

KOdawg1
05-19-2019, 01:27 PM

I literally said it's okay to be frustrated that his "brother" is getting replaced. Just keep the shit off Twitter. Willie is a leader on the team, I never said he wasn't, but leaders bring people together, not separate them.

bulldawg28
05-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Running off at the mouth is saying “we will never lose to them again” ...
Saying what CJM said was about his own player is nothing wrong with that.. Coach speak is also saying that Holmes is the best PG in the country per Coach Vic .. when she obviously wasn’t .. nothing wrong with that either

Getting rings sizes is smoke. Get ready to win a Heisman is smoke. Never losing to this team again is smoke. Best point guard in the country is opinion. Mullen and Vic at least had the knowledge of making tube comment. Joe walks in like Ric Flair talking then goes into the closet the remaining of the year. He talked more that one day than the entire year. He wouldn't challenge calls, players, or himself at times it appeared.

DancingRabbit
05-19-2019, 02:06 PM
Getting rings sizes is smoke. Get ready to win a Heisman is smoke. Never losing to this team again is smoke. Best point guard in the country is opinion. Mullen and Vic at least had the knowledge of making tube comment. Joe walks in like Ric Flair talking then goes into the closet the remaining of the year. He talked more that one day than the entire year. He wouldn't challenge calls, players, or himself at times it appeared.

Joe is like Ric Flair? Being so offended by his positive hiring-day comments to this day is telling.

Ari Gold
05-19-2019, 03:16 PM
Joe is like Ric Flair? Being so offended by his positive hiring-day comments to this day is telling.

Exactly...

bulldawg28
05-19-2019, 05:29 PM

I'm offended by his lack of action. Talking is easy.

DancingRabbit
05-19-2019, 06:01 PM
I'm offended by his lack of action. Talking is easy.

LOL, I guess if everyone was trying to be reasonable and pulling for Coach Joe, well I guess it would be boring around here.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-19-2019, 06:38 PM
Do y'all remember the first game played after Dak left? Fitz started....ran two series....both 3 and outs....a total of 6 plays. Williams came in....took every snap the rest of the game...and led us to a 20-21 loss to South Alabama. In Monday's press conference, Mullen said Fitz would be our starter going forward. Williams did a little pouting...his buddies got his back and made a few tweets. The experts on here came on and said nobody liked Fitz, the locker room was divided, people were tweeting negative things, our run was over, the programs going to hell, yada yada.

If KT wins the job and starts day 1, be happy about it. It means he stepped up.
If TS wins the job and starts day 1, be happy about it. It means he stepped up.
If (fill in the blank) wins the job and starts day 1, be happy about it. It means he stepped up.

And I guarantee you the rest of the team is going to be behind whoever wins the job because as a unit they want to win as many games as possible.

deadheaddawg
05-19-2019, 07:54 PM

You made it sound like you were saying kt had earned his spot. Which is crazy.

But I agree Willie has earned his spot, but that doesn't mean he's earned the right to pout on Twitter. Or even be a leader in the locker room. He's earned his position on Saturdays

Family keeps it in family. I don't get on social media blasting one brother by defended another. That's not how families and brothers do it.

Keep it internal if you want to be an effective leader

bulldawg28
05-19-2019, 10:04 PM
You made it sound like you were saying kt had earned his spot. Which is crazy.

But I agree Willie has earned his spot, but that doesn't mean he's earned the right to pout on Twitter. Or even be a leader in the locker room. He's earned his position on Saturdays

Family keeps it in family. I don't get on social media blasting one brother by defended another. That's not how families and brothers do it.

Keep it internal if you want to be an effective leader

Willie's earned his spot and leadership. The difference is Stephens isn't his brother. He doesn't even know the guy and he's done nothing yet to earn the team respect or a leader's on the team. I agree twitter is not the best way to say anything. We're assuming he's talking about Stephens in his tweet which actually may not even be the case.

BrunswickDawg
05-20-2019, 07:55 AM
Willie's earned his spot and leadership. The difference is Stephens isn't his brother. He doesn't even know the guy and he's done nothing yet to earn the team respect or a leader's on the team. I agree twitter is not the best way to say anything. We're assuming he's talking about Stephens in his tweet which actually may not even be the case.

This is true. But, it may not take long for Stevens to step in and win it. I've seen it first hand before. When I was a sophomore in high school, we started hearing rumors that a hot shot QB was transferring in from Germany. He was an Air Force brat, and his dad was looking for the right school for him. My friend was in line to be starting QB that fall taking over for a graduating Senior. He hadn't played much varsity, but he had been our QB since 7th grade and had put in his time on the Freshman and JV squads. We knew we had a good, young team, and could compete for region for the next couple of years after a decade of mediocrity. Guys started grumbling a bit about this hot shot taking our guy's place.

Well, I was the first casualty to the new kid. It was baseball season, and sight unseen, our coach gives him a spot on varsity. My spot. His parting words when he sent me to JV - "hurry up and turn in your uniform, new guy needs your pants." I was crushed. Team mates were pissed. New guy starts school literally the next day, and is our starting shortstop that night. He goes 2 for 3 with a GW RBI - and they all forget who I am.

A few weeks later, baseball ends and spring practice starts. You know when Sunshine shows up at practice in Remember the Titans? Well this blew that away. New kid destroyed our defense (which the next season set our school record for fewest points allowed). Practice ends and my QB friend goes to our coach and asks to move to safety. 1 practice. The gap was that obvious. Everyone on the field knew it - and they knew this guy was THE difference maker. First game that fall, the new guy sets the school record for single game TDs and yards, and we are off to the races. We go undefeated 2 straight seasons and win region both years - and set up a 5-6 year run for the school because of the number of kids who transferred in to play and the way the coaches elevated the program.

Now - Steven's may or may not be able to differentiate himself from KT. But, the guys on the field will know pretty dang quick if he does. And if he does, they aren't going to have any problem bringing him into the fold.

msstate7
05-20-2019, 07:59 AM
This is true. But, it may not take long for Stevens to step in and win it. I've seen it first hand before. When I was a sophomore in high school, we started hearing rumors that a hot shot QB was transferring in from Germany. He was an Air Force brat, and his dad was looking for the right school for him. My friend was in line to be starting QB that fall taking over for a graduating Senior. He hadn't played much varsity, but he had been our QB since 7th grade and had put in his time on the Freshman and JV squads. We knew we had a good, young team, and could compete for region for the next couple of years after a decade of mediocrity. Guys started grumbling a bit about this hot shot taking our guy's place.

Well, I was the first casualty to the new kid. It was baseball season, and sight unseen, our coach gives him a spot on varsity. My spot. His parting words when he sent me to JV - "hurry up and turn in your uniform, new guy needs your pants." I was crushed. Team mates were pissed. New guy starts school literally the next day, and is our starting shortstop that night. He goes 2 for 3 with a GW RBI - and they all forget who I am.

A few weeks later, baseball ends and spring practice starts. You know when Sunshine shows up at practice in Remember the Titans? Well this blew that away. New kid destroyed our defense (which the next season set our school record for fewest points allowed). Practice ends and my QB friend goes to our coach and asks to move to safety. 1 practice. The gap was that obvious. Everyone on the field knew it - and they knew this guy was THE difference maker. First game that fall, the new guy sets the school record for single game TDs and yards, and we are off to the races. We go undefeated 2 straight seasons and win region both years - and set up a 5-6 year run for the school because of the number of kids who transferred in to play and the way the coaches elevated the program.

Now - Steven's may or may not be able to differentiate himself from KT. But, the guys on the field will know pretty dang quick if he does. And if he does, they aren't going to have any problem bringing him into the fold.

I agree that if Stevens is clearly better the team won't care. Wonder what happens if it's very, very close between the 2, and joe goes with Stevens. For the good of the team, I hope Stevens or key is clearly better

BrunswickDawg
05-20-2019, 08:13 AM
I agree that if Stevens is clearly better the team won't care. Wonder what happens if it's very, very close between the 2, and joe goes with Stevens. For the good of the team, I hope Stevens or key is clearly better

I get that - and it is a legit concern. I hope it is clear too, and I think it will be.

Jarius
05-20-2019, 08:27 AM

Joe would not have brought Stevens in if he thought it was going to be close.

msstate7
05-20-2019, 08:31 AM
Joe would not have brought Stevens in if he thought it was going to be close.

I agree that joe sees Stevens as the better option. With that said, maybe this lights a fire under key. Maybe Stevens' injury takes a little more time to get 100% than expected. If I'm betting on a 1st game starter though, I'm going big on Stevens

Jarius
05-20-2019, 08:35 AM
If it makes Key elevate his game then that's great. We would have a legit SEC qb for 2 more years instead of 1 and Stevens could transfer again to a d2 school somewhere and finish his career out. I find that highly unlikely.

tcdog70
05-20-2019, 08:57 AM
If TS was a DT and coming in to play immediately , everyone would be happy--but because He is a QB coming in and maybe displacing KT there is grumblings . Get all the players you can --throw them in the ring and may the best player win. Joe is trying to win. Shit isn't that the purpose?

bulldawg28
05-20-2019, 10:33 AM

Agreed

RougeDawg
05-21-2019, 01:14 AM
Joes business is winning football games. Joes business is finding the best players for his system and using them to win football games. If he feels the player he has isn?t good enough, and he replaces him - it?s a business decision. It?s not personal, it?s what it takes to win. That?s all that matters, and thats why we pay Joe money.

Have I actually disagreed with what you are saying? Or do I need to simplify it for you? It?s been obvious from game 4 last years that our QBs didn?t fit what Joe wants to do - so he has found someone who fits.

Let me restate it for you since your skull prevents common comprehension l.

Jow wants a QB who can step on the field and play day one. Do I have to tell the real reason why we have been going after a transfer QB? Or can you color between the lines and figure it out?

RougeDawg
05-21-2019, 01:19 AM
Get out of here with that "I've been trying to break it to everyone for weeks" stuff. The majority of people here know TS is going to be the starter, so quit acting like you're the only smart person in the room. There's a vocal minority that think KT still has a chance but those people won't listen to reason anyway. You're setting up a straw man to make yourself look smarter and it's not necessary because most of us already agree with your take.

What some people are saying in this thread is that it will be evident when TS is out there as the starter that he SHOULD be the starter because he's better than KT. So any concern about locker room drama will be squashed at that point (if not sooner).

I?ve been dropping hints here for months. Go back to basketball threads and someone we were discussing if they would ever play for MSU again. Jesus, I was correct about that athlete too. It?s not that difficult to figure out.

No straw man. Pay attention. If I post it, I have good reason to.

RiverCityDawg
05-21-2019, 06:02 AM
I?ve been dropping hints here for months. Go back to basketball threads and someone we were discussing if they would ever play for MSU again. Jesus, I was correct about that athlete too. It?s not that difficult to figure out.

Well I guess I'll make it plain so you don't have to since you're so adamant about this...You're telling us KT will be suspended for at least the first game. Noted.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-21-2019, 06:21 AM
So would you rather win 5-7 games with KT or 7-9 with Stevens?

StateDawg44
05-21-2019, 07:25 AM

It doesn't take some random poster to "drop hints" for any sane or logically thinking person to put two and two together. You haven't scooped anything for us.

Lolz at the bolded. Stop the presses, RougeDawg posted something.

Dawgology
05-21-2019, 08:24 AM
I would be less worried about KT missing one or two games and more worried about why we are suddenly grabbing all of these JUCO WR's....

ScoobaDawg
05-21-2019, 09:36 AM

Show your cards... so you saying KT was caught in the tutor situation and is going to be suspended for at least a game? if that's what you think is going to happen.. say it. Stop dancing around shit and say it...

I still contend you don't know shit.

Ari Gold
05-21-2019, 12:57 PM
Show your cards... so you saying KT was caught in the tutor situation and is going to be suspended for at least a game? if that's what you think is going to happen.. say it. Stop dancing around shit and say it...

I still contend you don't know shit.

There are going to be a couple of players involved. It won’t be over 2 games if it’s even 2
And I would completely shocked if one of them is KT..